Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site as busy as ever? 22:47 - May 21 with 3637 viewsJackfath

Or is it quieter than it ever used to be?

Anyone got any access to any stats?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is this site as busy as ever? on 22:55 - May 21 with 2098 viewsDarran

I reckon it's busy but could be much busier.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is this site as busy as ever? on 22:58 - May 21 with 2093 viewsJackfath

It's clear that there are only a handful of posters who ever start any threads, whether deemed to be decent or not. If they were quiet for a few weeks this place would be like Skippy's work diary.

I'd like to see the mods start some interesting debate from time to time.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:09 - May 21 with 2079 viewsDarran

Lord Bony needs a gravy dinner.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:11 - May 21 with 2075 viewswaynekerr55

Is this site as busy as ever? on 22:58 - May 21 by Jackfath

It's clear that there are only a handful of posters who ever start any threads, whether deemed to be decent or not. If they were quiet for a few weeks this place would be like Skippy's work diary.

I think you should be a MOD.

Will you be starting another RIBERY thread?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:22 - May 21 with 2061 viewsJackfath

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:11 - May 21 by waynekerr55

That one got a decent debate going didn't it.

Is this site as busy as ever? on 08:15 - May 22 with 1977 viewsLord_Bony

Is this site as busy as ever? on 22:58 - May 21 by Jackfath

We'll i d like to contribute more but some of my recent ones have got me in hot water. With one poster even threatening to come on stage and beat me up I'm keeping a low profile

So I will be starting my all new Sunday Roast thread soon. I'm ever so excited with the new recipies I e discovered we will also be having some special guests on the programme ass well. It all kicks off mid June. Btw Jackfath I did like your thread on sausages.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is this site as busy as ever? on 08:39 - May 22 with 1956 viewsLord_Bony

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:11 - May 21 by waynekerr55

Very funny Wayne

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Is this site as busy as ever? on 09:24 - May 22 with 1932 viewswaynekerr55

Is this site as busy as ever? on 08:39 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

Very funny Wayne

I apologise good LORD.

I don't want a banning ORDER

Login to get fewer ads

Is this site as busy as ever? on 09:59 - May 22 with 1912 viewsWarwickHunt

Is this site as busy as ever? on 23:09 - May 21 by Darran

Lord Bony needs a gravy dinner.

Is that a euphemism?
Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:23 - May 22 with 1893 viewsperchrockjack

do My BESTebst

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:36 - May 22 with 1880 viewswaynekerr55

Is this site as busy as ever? on 08:15 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

We'll i d like to contribute more but some of my recent ones have got me in hot water. With one poster even threatening to come on stage and beat me up I'm keeping a low profile

So I will be starting my all new Sunday Roast thread soon. I'm ever so excited with the new recipies I e discovered we will also be having some special guests on the programme ass well. It all kicks off mid June. Btw Jackfath I did like your thread on sausages.

What about alternatives to Sunday roasts such as Thai green curry?

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:39 - May 22 with 1862 viewsperchrockjack

On the Sabbath?

NEVER.

heresy.

Its certainly cliquey on here.

Anti Liverpool, anti Police, Pro Drugs, Pro IRA

Used to be anti CARDIFF. I dot half miss llanrumney bluebird. WE almost arranged to meet up at the Pier HEAD IF Cardiff got promoted. They did ,we didn't.

PLEASANT DAY comraADE

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:41 - May 22 with 1862 viewsLord_Bony

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:36 - May 22 by waynekerr55

I've never heard of that one...Green curry you say.

No thanks.. What about BISTO? Aarghhh

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:46 - May 22 with 1842 viewsWarwickHunt

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:41 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

Bisto? Hanging offence.
Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:50 - May 22 with 1829 viewsmonmouth

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:36 - May 22 by waynekerr55

I had a green curry from the punjabi take away in high st in 1978. Well the chicken was green anyway.

I noticed on half a piece I hadn't yet eaten.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:13 - May 22 with 1801 viewswaynekerr55

Is this site as busy as ever? on 10:41 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

Try it you'll LOVE it

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:21 - May 22 with 1784 viewsLord_Bony

Ok I confess it's nice... I m trying to keep my Sunday roast integrity intact here...

But it's not as tasty as a mug of HOT BOVRIL ♨

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:33 - May 22 with 1766 viewswaynekerr55

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:21 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

Ok I confess it's nice... I m trying to keep my Sunday roast integrity intact here...

But it's not as tasty as a mug of HOT BOVRIL ♨

So tell me lord, why would anyone want to give you a kicking you behave yourself on here

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:46 - May 22 with 1740 viewsLord_Bony

There are some people on this site that if they can't win a debate will resort to physical VIOLENCE.

I ve had to edit out the comments of one such poster lately.

But it s fine,no hard feelings...I can look after myself...

All part of the fun on here but in future I'm going to keep it light hearted no more debates on heavy subjects...

Now where did I put that oxo cube....

Is this site as busy as ever? on 13:12 - May 22 with 1665 viewsGowerjack

We had this last week it was stunning...

The Sunday roast is joyous, generous, and the pinnacle of shared meals. It’s a gathering of family, in some cases the only one of the week, or a long and leisurely meal for friends. For all its generosity and pass-the-peas bonhomie, the dish itself splits into two halves: the hot roast and the glorious leftovers. This last one, frugal, economical, more humble than the carved roast, is sometimes as memorable as the original. Whatever, it deserves a glass of wine.

Cold beef, pink and carved thin, shares a plate with pickled walnuts and baked potatoes. Try cold roast chicken tugged from its bones, dipped into a bowl of garlicky, tarragon-flecked mayonnaise. Or, as we had this week at home, the remnants of a shoulder of lamb, seasoned with rosemary and anchovy, sliced thick and piled on to hot toast. We didn’t have garlic mayonnaise, but instead crushed peas seasoned with wasabi and softened with butter, layered with cool, roasted lamb and salad leaves.

I used the juices of the meat to cook summer greens — pink-stemmed beetroot leaves, young red chard whose stems were barely pencil thick, and peas from the pod. I also tossed in a few late shoots of sprouting broccoli, as tender as asparagus spears. I could have boiled the vegetables, but had instead decided to steam them in the roasting juices and stock, still in the roasting tin over a moderate heat. They took less time than it took the lamb to rest.

Roast shoulder of lamb with summer greens

I use shoulder for its flavour and the crispness of its fat. It is often cheaper than the leg. I am the first to admit a shoulder is less straightforward to carve than the other cuts of lamb, and I usually resort to hacking off large juicy pieces of meat rather than the neat slices you get from a leg. But do use a leg if you prefer.

Serves 4-5
shoulder of lamb 2kg
olive oil
anchovy fillets 8
rosemary sprigs 8, small
thyme sprigs 8-10

For the vegetables:
mixed greens 250g (purple sprouting broccoli, young beetroot leaves, red chard etc)
shelled peas 250g
vegetable stock or water 200ml

Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4. Place the lamb in a roasting tin and rub the meat all over with olive oil and season lightly with sea salt. Pierce the meat in 16 or so places with the point of a knife, cutting 3cm or 4cm down into the flesh.

Stuff eight anchovies into half the holes, rosemary tufts in the others. Scatter with the thyme, tucking a few underneath the meat.

Roast the lamb for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the fat has turned translucent and pale honey-coloured, and the meat is light rose-pink. Remove the roasting tin from the oven, lift out the meat and place somewhere warm, covering lightly with foil. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.

Trim the sprouting broccoli and beetroot and chard stems, removing the leaves and setting them aside. Pour any excess oil from the tin, leaving the roasting juices in place. Place the tin over a low to moderate heat, then pour in the stock or water and bring to the boil. When the liquid starts to bubble, stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to dislodge the roasted meat juices and herbs, then add the peas, sprouting broccoli, and chard and beetroot stems. Leave the vegetables to steam in the roasting juices for three or four minutes, turning them from time to time.

Add the leaves from the chard and beetroot to the pan, turn them once or twice in the hot liquid until they have wilted, then lift the vegetables out and into a warm serving dish. Turn the heat up under the roasting tin and reduce the liquid to a thin, deeply flavoured dressing. Carve the lamb on to a warm serving dish or directly on to plates, then serve with the vegetables and roasting juices.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Is this site as busy as ever? on 13:33 - May 22 with 1640 viewsLord_Bony

Is this site as busy as ever? on 13:12 - May 22 by Gowerjack

The Sunday roast is joyous, generous, and the pinnacle of shared meals. It’s a gathering of family, in some cases the only one of the week, or a long and leisurely meal for friends. For all its generosity and pass-the-peas bonhomie, the dish itself splits into two halves: the hot roast and the glorious leftovers. This last one, frugal, economical, more humble than the carved roast, is sometimes as memorable as the original. Whatever, it deserves a glass of wine.

Cold beef, pink and carved thin, shares a plate with pickled walnuts and baked potatoes. Try cold roast chicken tugged from its bones, dipped into a bowl of garlicky, tarragon-flecked mayonnaise. Or, as we had this week at home, the remnants of a shoulder of lamb, seasoned with rosemary and anchovy, sliced thick and piled on to hot toast. We didn’t have garlic mayonnaise, but instead crushed peas seasoned with wasabi and softened with butter, layered with cool, roasted lamb and salad leaves.

I used the juices of the meat to cook summer greens — pink-stemmed beetroot leaves, young red chard whose stems were barely pencil thick, and peas from the pod. I also tossed in a few late shoots of sprouting broccoli, as tender as asparagus spears. I could have boiled the vegetables, but had instead decided to steam them in the roasting juices and stock, still in the roasting tin over a moderate heat. They took less time than it took the lamb to rest.

I use shoulder for its flavour and the crispness of its fat. It is often cheaper than the leg. I am the first to admit a shoulder is less straightforward to carve than the other cuts of lamb, and I usually resort to hacking off large juicy pieces of meat rather than the neat slices you get from a leg. But do use a leg if you prefer.

Serves 4-5
shoulder of lamb 2kg
olive oil
anchovy fillets 8
rosemary sprigs 8, small
thyme sprigs 8-10

For the vegetables:
mixed greens 250g (purple sprouting broccoli, young beetroot leaves, red chard etc)
shelled peas 250g

Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4. Place the lamb in a roasting tin and rub the meat all over with olive oil and season lightly with sea salt. Pierce the meat in 16 or so places with the point of a knife, cutting 3cm or 4cm down into the flesh.

Stuff eight anchovies into half the holes, rosemary tufts in the others. Scatter with the thyme, tucking a few underneath the meat.

Roast the lamb for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the fat has turned translucent and pale honey-coloured, and the meat is light rose-pink. Remove the roasting tin from the oven, lift out the meat and place somewhere warm, covering lightly with foil. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.

Trim the sprouting broccoli and beetroot and chard stems, removing the leaves and setting them aside. Pour any excess oil from the tin, leaving the roasting juices in place. Place the tin over a low to moderate heat, then pour in the stock or water and bring to the boil. When the liquid starts to bubble, stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to dislodge the roasted meat juices and herbs, then add the peas, sprouting broccoli, and chard and beetroot stems. Leave the vegetables to steam in the roasting juices for three or four minutes, turning them from time to time.

Add the leaves from the chard and beetroot to the pan, turn them once or twice in the hot liquid until they have wilted, then lift the vegetables out and into a warm serving dish. Turn the heat up under the roasting tin and reduce the liquid to a thin, deeply flavoured dressing. Carve the lamb on to a warm serving dish or directly on to plates, then serve with the vegetables and roasting juices.

Tanks GOwerjack..... i v e come over all hungry like ....

Is this site as busy as ever? on 13:56 - May 22 with 1621 viewscontroversial_jack

It's much quieter than it used to be. I sometimes go on the Cardiff forum. There's not the bickering and insults that you find on this site
Is this site as busy as ever? on 14:45 - May 22 with 1603 viewsWarwickHunt

Is this site as busy as ever? on 13:12 - May 22 by Gowerjack

Serves 4-5
shoulder of lamb 2kg
olive oil
anchovy fillets 8
rosemary sprigs 8, small
thyme sprigs 8-10

For the vegetables:
shelled peas 250g

Nigel Slater?

What - no Bisto?
Is this site as busy as ever? on 14:58 - May 22 with 1587 viewslondonlisa2001

Is this site as busy as ever? on 14:45 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

Nigel Slater?

What - no Bisto?

My dream in life is to have a kitchen like Nigel Slater's :-)

Perfection.

Oh and his cookbooks I could read for hours - he writes about food beautifully.
Is this site as busy as ever? on 15:08 - May 22 with 1568 viewsSwanjack10

Is this site as busy as ever? on 11:46 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

There are some people on this site that if they can't win a debate will resort to physical VIOLENCE.

I ve had to edit out the comments of one such poster lately.

But it s fine,no hard feelings...I can look after myself...

All part of the fun on here but in future I'm going to keep it light hearted no more debates on heavy subjects...

Now where did I put that oxo cube....

Sing tidy songs and pull your head out of your arse then , lord

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024