Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£10,000 pay rise 13:33 - May 22 with 3120 viewsSwanzay

Welsh assembly members will receive a £10,000 pay rise

Were all in it together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-32829015
£10,000 pay rise on 23:41 - May 22 with 1088 viewstrampie

£10,000 pay rise on 23:22 - May 22 by Highjack

Would you say Liberia are a world class team because feorge weah used to play for them?

I would say Liberia would beat England, but lose to Wales.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 23:42]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

£10,000 pay rise on 11:11 - May 23 with 1020 viewsNookiejack

......will therefore have to find savings from somewhere else to reduced the UK Govt deficit of over £100bn a year.

What about extending bin collections to once in three weeks?
£10,000 pay rise on 11:16 - May 23 with 1014 viewstrampie

£10,000 pay rise on 11:11 - May 23 by Nookiejack

......will therefore have to find savings from somewhere else to reduced the UK Govt deficit of over £100bn a year.

What about extending bin collections to once in three weeks?

What about taxing corporations and individuals more that are doing well out of the UK, now that's an idea ?, there again perhaps it would be seen as a little old fashioned in these modern times of greed ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

£10,000 pay rise on 11:34 - May 23 with 1001 viewsNookiejack

£10,000 pay rise on 11:16 - May 23 by trampie

What about taxing corporations and individuals more that are doing well out of the UK, now that's an idea ?, there again perhaps it would be seen as a little old fashioned in these modern times of greed ?

Yes agree - something really has to be done about Apple, Starbucks and the like - setting up companies in Ireland and paying a 10% corporation tax rate.

What they then do is charge their businesses in the UK royal payments each time a coffee or apple product is sold - for using the Apple or Starbucks name.

This then reduces their profits in a relatively high tax area compared to Ireland. Their Irish businesses in contrast make very high profits because of the royalty payments - that they have received from the Uk - but only pay 10% tax on them.

The above is all legal but very surprised that UK Govt has not changed the law in this area - given these companies have so much revenue to lose in the UK - if they threatened to pull out of the UK - if UK Govt started to be much tougher on tax in this area.

Also agree with your point on taxing individuals - the obvious example being how HSBC helped wealthy individuals illegally save UK tax on their Swiss deposits. Contrast how many people get prosecuted for £80 benefit fraud compared to how many wealthy people were prosecuted for millions of £s of tax fraud.

I think we do need a combination of both though - can't agree with these rises. These are supposed to be our leaders and setting an example to rest of the public sector who have had the pay rises frozen or capped to 1% over last number of years.
£10,000 pay rise on 11:47 - May 23 with 991 viewstrampie

£10,000 pay rise on 11:34 - May 23 by Nookiejack

Yes agree - something really has to be done about Apple, Starbucks and the like - setting up companies in Ireland and paying a 10% corporation tax rate.

What they then do is charge their businesses in the UK royal payments each time a coffee or apple product is sold - for using the Apple or Starbucks name.

This then reduces their profits in a relatively high tax area compared to Ireland. Their Irish businesses in contrast make very high profits because of the royalty payments - that they have received from the Uk - but only pay 10% tax on them.

The above is all legal but very surprised that UK Govt has not changed the law in this area - given these companies have so much revenue to lose in the UK - if they threatened to pull out of the UK - if UK Govt started to be much tougher on tax in this area.

Also agree with your point on taxing individuals - the obvious example being how HSBC helped wealthy individuals illegally save UK tax on their Swiss deposits. Contrast how many people get prosecuted for £80 benefit fraud compared to how many wealthy people were prosecuted for millions of £s of tax fraud.

I think we do need a combination of both though - can't agree with these rises. These are supposed to be our leaders and setting an example to rest of the public sector who have had the pay rises frozen or capped to 1% over last number of years.

Excellent post Nookiejack , not because you are agreeing with me somewhat but because of the examples you have given.

£10,000 pay rise on 22:18 - May 23 with 951 viewsKilkennyjack

The lovely leanne has announced that when she is our First Minister in 2016 then she will not accept the pay rise. The lady has principles.

Beware of the Risen People

£10,000 pay rise on 10:00 - May 24 with 894 viewswaynekerr55

£10,000 pay rise on 11:34 - May 23 by Nookiejack

The only way to solve the issue of tax is for a Europe wide agreement... However as turkeys don't vote for Christmas....
[Post edited 24 May 2015 10:16]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£10,000 pay rise on 10:14 - May 24 with 882 viewsHighjack

Token gestures.

If she cared so much why not take the pay rise and give it all away to the poor?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

£10,000 pay rise on 11:46 - May 24 with 865 viewsPrivate_Partz

£10,000 pay rise on 21:49 - May 22 by builthjack

£64,000, every expense you can ever think of on top of that. Seems good to me.

Indeed there see very few jobs in Wales offering that sort of money. Plus there is a serious opportunity to influence the area you live in. Very attractive IMHO. It is up to the local parties to ensure the candidate with the right motives gets their vote. This is democracy in action. We get the politicians we deserve.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

£10,000 pay rise on 11:55 - May 24 with 852 viewsPrivate_Partz

£10,000 pay rise on 10:14 - May 24 by Highjack

Token gestures.

If she cared so much why not take the pay rise and give it all away to the poor?

Well I would assume if she does not take the money then it goes back into the govt pot. It would be nice to think some of it would go to alleviating austerity. More likely it will go on the next Cardiff white elephant. I am a left wing labour voter but there is a time for change in Cardiff Bay and leanne is all we have at the moment. Not the greatest politician but her motives seem far more honourable than most to me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

£10,000 pay rise on 20:39 - May 24 with 812 viewsKilkennyjack

£10,000 pay rise on 11:55 - May 24 by Private_Partz

Well I would assume if she does not take the money then it goes back into the govt pot. It would be nice to think some of it would go to alleviating austerity. More likely it will go on the next Cardiff white elephant. I am a left wing labour voter but there is a time for change in Cardiff Bay and leanne is all we have at the moment. Not the greatest politician but her motives seem far more honourable than most to me.

Hear, hear

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024