Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? 09:34 - May 24 with 2951 viewsmagicdaps10

I will start it of and this is just my opinion and i would like to hear what you would go with within the current squad and positions we need strengthening.

My lot as follows

GOALKEEPERS- FABIANSKI-NEW PLAYER
RIGHT BACK- NAUGHTON-RANGEL
LEFT BACK-TAYLOR-NEW PLAYER
CENTRE HALF-WILLIAMS-FERNANDEZ-AMAT-BARTLEY
CENTRAL MIDFIELD-CORK-BRITTON-KI-SHELVEY
ATTACKING MIDFIELDER-SIGGURDSSON-NEW PLAYER
WINGERS-DYER-MONTERO-ROUTLEDGE-BARROW-NEW PLAYER
STRIKERS-GOMIS-NEW PLAYER-NEW PLAYER

U21s not taking up 25 man squad-SHEPPARD,KINGSLEY,GRIMES,FULTON,KING,SHEEHAN,

GET RID OFF-EMNES-TIENDALLI-TREMMELL-JAZZ-OBENG-LUCAS-LOVERIDGE-TATE-MICHU-DONNELLY.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 10:27 - May 24 with 2384 viewsSwaneeRiver

Can't argue with that. The only thing I'd like to see extra would be a recognised cover for RB in case Kyle gets injured and Rangel loses pace
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 10:59 - May 24 with 2316 viewsWhiterockin

I think that it is time for Dyer to move on if we get another winger.I would also consider keeping Emnes for his versatility.
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:12 - May 24 with 2275 viewsStarsky

Not bad MD.
I think you might have forgot Gorre for the under 21s

And keep Emnes

It's just the internet, init.

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:15 - May 24 with 2267 viewsmagicdaps10

I did forget Gorre, probably forgot a few others being there are so many!

I like Emnes but we have to add more depth and quality to the squad and if we can get Castaignos who can play up top and out wide and has more goals in him than Marv,sadly i think it would be a like for like swap.

I would like to see Castaignos as the 3rd striker also pushing for the wide berths, with a more experienced striker coming in to challenge Gomis.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:18 - May 24 with 2260 viewshobo

GOALKEEPERS- FABIANSKI-Dan Bentley (Southend)
RIGHT BACK- NAUGHTON-RANGEL
LEFT BACK-TAYLOR-Tabanou (St Etienne)
CENTRE HALF-WILLIAMS-FERNANDEZ-AMAT-BARTLEY
CENTRAL MIDFIELD-CORK-BRITTON-KI-SHELVEY
ATTACKING MIDFIELDER-SIGURDSSON- Michu/Alexandru Maxim (Stuttgart)
WINGERS--MONTERO-ROUTLEDGE-BARROW-Jon Williams (C Palace)
STRIKERS-GOMIS-Ings (Burnley)- Lambert (Liverpool)
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:25 - May 24 with 2237 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:15 - May 24 by magicdaps10

I did forget Gorre, probably forgot a few others being there are so many!

I like Emnes but we have to add more depth and quality to the squad and if we can get Castaignos who can play up top and out wide and has more goals in him than Marv,sadly i think it would be a like for like swap.

I would like to see Castaignos as the 3rd striker also pushing for the wide berths, with a more experienced striker coming in to challenge Gomis.

We can do all that and keep Emnes.

Impact player who dosent moan about limited game time.

Can play several positions too.

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:10 - May 24 with 2179 viewsWhiterockin

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 11:25 - May 24 by Starsky

We can do all that and keep Emnes.

Impact player who dosent moan about limited game time.

Can play several positions too.

Agree about Emnes, he appears to be happy as a squad player and can cover in a couple of positions Striker, AM and Wing.
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:19 - May 24 with 2157 viewsairedale

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:10 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Agree about Emnes, he appears to be happy as a squad player and can cover in a couple of positions Striker, AM and Wing.

And he makes things happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:21 - May 24 with 2147 viewsyescomeon

Think Emnes would be good one to keep, can't imagine Castaignos will come to be 3rd striker.

Upthecity!

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:53 - May 24 with 2088 viewsC_jack

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:21 - May 24 by yescomeon

Think Emnes would be good one to keep, can't imagine Castaignos will come to be 3rd striker.

OUT

Taylor
Bartley
Dyer

No room for sentiment

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 14:12 - May 24 with 2016 viewssherpajacob

keep emmnes, as had already been said his versatility is useful for a "smaller" club like us.
Hopefully we'll see Matt grimes being introduced more. Bring him through gradually next season and England's midfield at Russia 2018 will be cork, jjs and grimes. Monk might even be manager.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 14:35 - May 24 with 1967 viewsSgorioFruit

play Barrow and Montero and we will win every game.

Simple

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 17:37 - May 24 with 1853 viewsdantheswansman

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 14:35 - May 24 by SgorioFruit

Simple

Go and sober up , Montero offered little to nothing at all today .
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:06 - May 24 with 1791 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 14:35 - May 24 by SgorioFruit

Simple

Clueless

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:08 - May 24 with 1785 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:53 - May 24 by C_jack

OUT

Taylor
Bartley
Dyer

No room for sentiment

It's nothing to do with sentiment.

You're wrong on possibly 2 out of 3 there.

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:14 - May 24 with 1756 viewslondonlisa2001

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:08 - May 24 by Starsky

It's nothing to do with sentiment.

You're wrong on possibly 2 out of 3 there.

I'd keep Marvin for Dyer on today's evidence.

Bartley will stay and Taylor is signing a new deal this week so doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I assume you meant the same two?
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:36 - May 24 with 1706 viewsWhiterockin

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:14 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Bartley will stay and Taylor is signing a new deal this week so doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I would keep Marvin over Dyer on most of Dyers performances this season. Time for him to have a fresh start, possibly for his own benefit.
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:53 - May 24 with 1656 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:14 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Yes, sort of.

Remember when Routledge was playing like deadwood a couple of years ago?

Routledge eventually got his shyte together and had a great season in 2013/14 And good for a fair bit of the season just ended.

I would give Dyer the close season to think about his Swans career and if he shows the right attitude then give him until January window to get back in the groove. If not, then ship him out.

It's not an age thing issit?

After the service he's given us over the last 6 or 7 years, I'd give him this chance.

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:58 - May 24 with 1637 viewslondonlisa2001

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:53 - May 24 by Starsky

Yes, sort of.

Remember when Routledge was playing like deadwood a couple of years ago?

Routledge eventually got his shyte together and had a great season in 2013/14 And good for a fair bit of the season just ended.

I would give Dyer the close season to think about his Swans career and if he shows the right attitude then give him until January window to get back in the groove. If not, then ship him out.

It's not an age thing issit?

After the service he's given us over the last 6 or 7 years, I'd give him this chance.

Yes I am inclined to see what happens, given his past service which has been fantastic.

But something is missing. Whether it is attitude, a yard of pace due to age, confidence - who knows.

But I assume that some will have to go if we are, as reported, bringing in up to 6 players. One of the players we bring in will presumably be a wide player, and if one has to go, for me it would be Dyer rather than Routledge, Montero or Barrow.

Emnes I would probably keep as he is a versatile 'last choice' option for 3 positions. I don't mean last choice as an insult - I think that is what he is. but it is useful for us as we are not going to get top players to fulfil that role.

Dyer couldn't play anywhere other than where he does I don't think.
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 19:03 - May 24 with 1616 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 18:58 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Yes I am inclined to see what happens, given his past service which has been fantastic.

But something is missing. Whether it is attitude, a yard of pace due to age, confidence - who knows.

But I assume that some will have to go if we are, as reported, bringing in up to 6 players. One of the players we bring in will presumably be a wide player, and if one has to go, for me it would be Dyer rather than Routledge, Montero or Barrow.

Emnes I would probably keep as he is a versatile 'last choice' option for 3 positions. I don't mean last choice as an insult - I think that is what he is. but it is useful for us as we are not going to get top players to fulfil that role.

Dyer couldn't play anywhere other than where he does I don't think.

Can't argue with that L.

Make it so.

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 19:41 - May 24 with 1531 viewsMarryGonk

For what's it's worth I thought jazz had a decent game today, out of position and against good wide players.

Good luck for the future jazz.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 20:39 - May 24 with 1452 viewsSwansNZ

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 12:53 - May 24 by C_jack

OUT

Taylor
Bartley
Dyer

No room for sentiment

I'd keep all 3.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 22:38 - May 25 with 1192 viewswhiterock

Let's not even consider Johnny wiillians
Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 22:41 - May 25 with 1177 viewsStarsky

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 22:38 - May 25 by whiterock

Let's not even consider Johnny wiillians

Who?

Okay then, next years squad.......opinions?? on 22:42 - May 25 with 1169 viewsAl_Bundy

For once i agree... that is very much spot on i think

Maybe two strikers in the only change to your list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024