Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Resting players for Wales 16:21 - May 24 with 8712 viewsDarran

Is a disgrace to the 2,800 travelling fans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Resting players for Wales on 16:59 - May 24 with 2092 viewsblueytheblue

Resting players for Wales on 16:56 - May 24 by Darran

Well I'm not happy and I'm sure many others are the same.

I can well see the point. Would you have won the game without players being rested? That's a hypothetical that can never be answered.

Regardless, if players are good enough to be in a Prem league squad then there's a reasonable expectation they are good enough to compete. Unless they are a f***ing 6 ft 4 carthorse of a striker that is, signed by a racist. Not bitter, no...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Resting players for Wales on 17:03 - May 24 with 2074 viewstomdickharry

Why not give Tremmel a game,Palace had virtually a full side. At least Emnes showed he is never a PL player.
Resting players for Wales on 17:09 - May 24 with 2037 viewsymaohyd

Resting players for Wales on 16:43 - May 24 by hobo

Wales v Belgium is a lot more important than today's game. Well done Garry

Spot on

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Resting players for Wales on 17:17 - May 24 with 1989 viewssnork44

It was a nothing game,so why not rest the players for their country! So Monk made the right call.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Resting players for Wales on 17:18 - May 24 with 1979 viewsJBT95

Resting players for Wales on 16:44 - May 24 by Darran

Not me it's not.

Today's game was a nothing game. We were gonna finish 8th winning 10-0 or losing 35-2. It doesn't matter. Feel sorry for the people that went and paid money but sh*t happens, like when I paid to go see us play Bournemouth in pre-season and it ended up being a U21 game (the irony being the senior squad were being rested to play a team that would finish in the bottom half of the league instead of playing the eventual champions).

Mind... even Palace rested Ledley for Wales...
[Post edited 24 May 2015 17:28]
Resting players for Wales on 17:21 - May 24 with 1960 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They both had a bad belly .

Well done Gazza Monk.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Resting players for Wales on 17:24 - May 24 with 1937 viewstaff999555

Agree. Very disrespectful to the travelling fans. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Shame on you Garry.
Resting players for Wales on 17:25 - May 24 with 1925 viewsJBT95

Williams, Taylor, Shelvey and Siggy were not on the training for Palace video. So this should have been expected.
Login to get fewer ads

Resting players for Wales on 17:29 - May 24 with 1893 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Darran's right.

Laudrup wouldn't have given a feck about Wales.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Resting players for Wales on 17:29 - May 24 with 1888 viewsymaohyd

Resting players for Wales on 17:24 - May 24 by taff999555

Agree. Very disrespectful to the travelling fans. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Shame on you Garry.

FFS

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Resting players for Wales on 17:31 - May 24 with 1868 viewsgazza_1234

Its a squad game at the end of the day. Personally would have started Tremmel as well. Perfect opportunity for members of the squad to get game time.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 17:32]
Resting players for Wales on 17:33 - May 24 with 1856 viewsJackfath

I think the players should reimburse the travelling faithful. Disgraceful.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Resting players for Wales on 17:42 - May 24 with 1809 viewsDarran

Resting players for Wales on 17:24 - May 24 by taff999555

Spot on mate.

Resting players for Wales on 17:52 - May 24 with 1778 viewslondonlisa2001

We didn't lose today because Ash and Taylor weren't playing. We lost today because Gomis, Montero and Dyer showed almost no interest in the game.

Emnes tried hard, other than him, the forward line was non existent.

Always going to be like that with nothing to play for other than Fab's golden glove.

I didn't even bother going to today's match - I would have had to rearrange some things and once I knew there was nothing on it, I didn't bother. Partly because I knew we wouldn't play a full team as all those with the slightest of knocks wouldn't play and partly because the last away game is normally full of very drunks fans looking to create a bit of a fuss and I can't be bothered with all that.

What a season. Oh, and come on Wales :-)
Resting players for Wales on 17:54 - May 24 with 1755 viewsDarran

Resting players for Wales on 17:52 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

We didn't lose today because Ash and Taylor weren't playing. We lost today because Gomis, Montero and Dyer showed almost no interest in the game.

Emnes tried hard, other than him, the forward line was non existent.

Always going to be like that with nothing to play for other than Fab's golden glove.

I didn't even bother going to today's match - I would have had to rearrange some things and once I knew there was nothing on it, I didn't bother. Partly because I knew we wouldn't play a full team as all those with the slightest of knocks wouldn't play and partly because the last away game is normally full of very drunks fans looking to create a bit of a fuss and I can't be bothered with all that.

What a season. Oh, and come on Wales :-)

They wouldn't have got away with that if Williams had been on the field.

Resting players for Wales on 17:55 - May 24 with 1758 viewsC_jack

are the 2800 fans only turning up to watch 2 players then?

Pointless thread

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Resting players for Wales on 17:59 - May 24 with 1727 viewslondonlisa2001

Resting players for Wales on 17:54 - May 24 by Darran

They wouldn't have got away with that if Williams had been on the field.

oh come on Darran mun - we've seen lots of game over time where Ash hasn't been able to do anything about the players not giving a stuff.

Given that Ash would have wanted to play every minute of the season if he could, I imagine he wasn't quite right anyway.
Resting players for Wales on 18:06 - May 24 with 1694 viewsoldcob

OK limited changes maybe, but leaving the only two players who can kick a decent dead ball, Jonjo and Siggy was stupid. Gomis was unable to do anything today because he never had a ball played in front of him all afternoon.
Resting players for Wales on 18:09 - May 24 with 1667 viewslondonlisa2001

Resting players for Wales on 18:06 - May 24 by oldcob

OK limited changes maybe, but leaving the only two players who can kick a decent dead ball, Jonjo and Siggy was stupid. Gomis was unable to do anything today because he never had a ball played in front of him all afternoon.

according to reports they were both injured, so not sure exactly what people expect.

The difference it makes when something is on it is that players play when injured. When there's nothing on it they don't. Hence today's changes.
Resting players for Wales on 18:15 - May 24 with 1622 viewsoldcob

Resting players for Wales on 18:09 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

according to reports they were both injured, so not sure exactly what people expect.

The difference it makes when something is on it is that players play when injured. When there's nothing on it they don't. Hence today's changes.

With nearly three thousand loyal travelling fans willing them to win how can you say there was nothing on it. If nothing else the pride those travelling fans who have been faithful all season would feel with another premier league away win. Surely they deserved that.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 18:17]
Resting players for Wales on 18:18 - May 24 with 1608 viewsVetchitBack

A very frustrating game for a number of reasons. Still no great surprise in our C team losing to Palace's A team at Palace.

I think we learned a bit about squad strength though. Without Ash, Shelvey and Siggy we're pretty toothless at both ends.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Resting players for Wales on 18:20 - May 24 with 1597 viewsdgt73

Well I'm not complaining and neither is my wife and two daughters, so please don't speak for all 2800, there's a good lad.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Resting players for Wales on 18:24 - May 24 with 1565 viewscanhecatchit

Yes this is true but a lot of people didn't buy their tickets this week they bought them well in advance assuming that we were going there to win the game by playing out full first team squad

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Resting players for Wales on 18:24 - May 24 with 1561 viewslondonlisa2001

Resting players for Wales on 18:15 - May 24 by oldcob

With nearly three thousand loyal travelling fans willing them to win how can you say there was nothing on it. If nothing else the pride those travelling fans who have been faithful all season would feel with another premier league away win. Surely they deserved that.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 18:17]

We all want them to win, but there was nothing on the game was there.

Why on earth is anyone surprised? It always happens - last year we did it at Sunderland albeit we won.

That's why I didn't go. Most people going would have known what to expect and would have enjoyed it if they went with that in mind.

The travelling fans I'm sure feel a massive amount of pride at finishing 8th with 56 points. I certainly do.
Resting players for Wales on 18:25 - May 24 with 1551 viewsoldcob

Resting players for Wales on 18:20 - May 24 by dgt73

Well I'm not complaining and neither is my wife and two daughters, so please don't speak for all 2800, there's a good lad.

Thanks dgt for calling me lad. Over sixty years since I've been called that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024