Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club stalwart departs - a sad day 19:46 - May 24 with 8454 viewsJackfath

Goodbye and thanks to Dai Cornell.

It was a pleasure watching you catch, save, kick and roll the ball back to the players whilst they warmed up at the start of matches. Your contribution will NEVER be forgotton.

Once a JACK always a JACK.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 23:42 - May 24 with 2186 viewsItchySphincter

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 19:55 - May 24 by Jackfath

Or.......

A shame he didn't have the desire to drop down a few divisions and try and work his way back knowing he was NEVER going to make it as number one once we hit the big time.

I am not taking the mick whatsoever you sensitive soul.

Absolutely spot on. Too many passengers.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:05 - May 25 with 2161 viewsyescomeon

I wonder if players like Dai and Jazz were kept to comply with squad rules.

Upthecity!

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:26 - May 25 with 2121 viewsItchySphincter

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:05 - May 25 by yescomeon

Doubt it. I'm sure we'd have our pick from plenty of cr@p home grown players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:33 - May 25 with 2128 viewsSTEVE1

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:05 - May 25 by yescomeon

No we don't have any problems meeting the rules there are players you would not think qualify's home grown such as siggy what they need to consider is these players need to come through at premier level when they struggle to get games at a much lower level. I must admit though they seem to be bringing through youngsters who you think could make an impact at first team level such barrow, grimes and gorre.
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 07:14 - May 25 with 2054 viewsJackfath

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 22:33 - May 24 by hobo

Great post. I think it stems from lack of self worth. They almost seem to revel in the failure of some of our players. No doubt they are the same ones that chastised Gomis earlier in the season

No doubt.

Please, please can you post up a link to any criticism I have made of Mr Gomis this season?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 08:51 - May 25 with 1979 viewsClinton

Unpleasant thread, trying to be be clever but just comes across as nasty.
The guy didn't make it, no need to take the mick.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 08:58 - May 25 with 1970 viewsJackfath

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 08:51 - May 25 by Clinton

Unpleasant thread, trying to be be clever but just comes across as nasty.
The guy didn't make it, no need to take the mick.

You're missing the point.

I have said he should have shown some ambition and moved on. He was never going to make it when we hit the big time, the jury is out as to whether he would have in the championship too.

It seems many of our "fans" seem to think becuase you're from the Swansea area, you're untouchable and nobody should criticise. You can bet your bottom dollar if he was from Spain and had been at the club for 6 seasons people would be going beserk over it.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 09:42 - May 25 with 1908 viewsyescomeon

Was just a thought as 4 players have to be trained at the club, and under 21 don't have to be registered if I understand the rules right.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 09:46 - May 25 with 1897 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Well, I laughed.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 10:06 - May 25 with 1871 viewsGowerjack

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 21:51 - May 24 by scottishjack

This thread is thoroughly depressing to be honest.

Its because it was started by Jackfath.

He's a knob.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 10:20 - May 25 with 1855 viewsJackfath

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 10:06 - May 25 by Gowerjack

Its because it was started by Jackfath.

He's a knob.

Calm your tits Steve.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:13 - May 25 with 1765 viewsjack247

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 08:58 - May 25 by Jackfath

I have said he should have shown some ambition and moved on. He was never going to make it when we hit the big time, the jury is out as to whether he would have in the championship too.

It seems many of our "fans" seem to think becuase you're from the Swansea area, you're untouchable and nobody should criticise. You can bet your bottom dollar if he was from Spain and had been at the club for 6 seasons people would be going beserk over it.

That is what you said when people pointed out you were being a dick.

It was a pleasure watching you catch, save, kick and roll the ball back to the players whilst they warmed up at the start of matches. Your contribution will NEVER be forgotton.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:28 - May 25 with 1755 viewsraynor94

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:13 - May 25 by jack247

That is what you said when people pointed out you were being a dick.

In all honesty I can't find anything wrong in what jf posted, it was pretty much spot on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:34 - May 25 with 1736 viewsHuw57

I'd have more respect for 'Dai' if he had left a while ago and went to play football.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:36 - May 25 with 1733 viewsjack247

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:28 - May 25 by raynor94

In all honesty I can't find anything wrong in what jf posted, it was pretty much spot on

'Club stalwart' 'your contribution will never be forgotten' 'it was a pleasure...watching you help with the warm up'

You can't see the vindictiveness and sarcasm in there?
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:45 - May 25 with 1691 viewsraynor94

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:36 - May 25 by jack247

'Club stalwart' 'your contribution will never be forgotten' 'it was a pleasure...watching you help with the warm up'

I thought it was quite funny, but on a more serious note Cornell should have shown some ambition and left years ago, instead of just being happy to take a wage

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:46 - May 25 with 1689 viewseddie71

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:36 - May 25 by jack247

It was unnecessary agreed, I am sure Cornell is more disappointed than anyone that he did not contribute more. We are a top 8 premiership club now and many local lads who could have done a job for us ln League 1 are now going to be surplus to requirements. I don't think Cornell did anything wrong he just isn't good enough.
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:56 - May 25 with 1672 viewsStarsky

Maybe Cornell stayed because it was a secure position/contract and he had a mortgage and bills to pay for like the rest of us. It's not always about sporting ambition.

It's just the internet, init.

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 14:10 - May 25 with 1646 viewsTreforys_Jack

Goalkeepers develop far later than outfield players due to the nature of the position. The club obviously thought there was a chance he'd make it, doubt he is/was on much of a wedge so worth the gamble. Could have potentially saved millions in the transfer market. Probably stayed a year too many but someone more qualified than most of us thought otherwise. Took a punt, didn't work out, move on.
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 14:10 - May 25 with 1644 viewsdgt73

Taking the pi$$ out of someone who has as far as we know given 100% effort and this from a . Thank fook mto
The guys a tw@t.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 14:13 - May 25 with 1636 viewsjack247

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 13:45 - May 25 by raynor94

I thought it was quite funny, but on a more serious note Cornell should have shown some ambition and left years ago, instead of just being happy to take a wage

To be honest, I don't disagree he should have left years ago, he may struggle to find a club at any decent level now. I just didn't see the need to be a cock about it.

We are all looking at it from a footballing perspective though. Financially he may have been a lot better off as our third or fourth keeper than as number one for Hereford or wherever. It doesn't say a lot for his ambition to improve himself, but he may have already made more than he would in a career playing at his natural level.
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 14:26 - May 25 with 1610 viewsKilkennyjack

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:33 - May 25 by STEVE1

No we don't have any problems meeting the rules there are players you would not think qualify's home grown such as siggy what they need to consider is these players need to come through at premier level when they struggle to get games at a much lower level. I must admit though they seem to be bringing through youngsters who you think could make an impact at first team level such barrow, grimes and gorre.

I think those of us who want to see at least some swansea boys in the first team squad are going to have to get used to our new model that sees us bringing in the likes of Barrow, Grimes, and Gorre from wherever. Maybe not a bad thing but different. The standard is now so high. I am pleased to have seen Ben and Joey break through over the last decade.

Beware of the Risen People

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 00:19 - May 26 with 1467 viewsscottishjack

Just a thought here, but maybe if he hadn't shown any promise then we wouldn't keep topping up his contract? There must've been some signs for the Swans to keep him here surely?
Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 19:07 - May 28 with 1297 viewsJackfath

Good luck Dai!

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 20:45 - May 28 with 1225 viewsskippyjack

Club stalwart departs - a sad day on 08:58 - May 25 by Jackfath

Even though Jackfath is coming across as a c*ck.. He does have a pertinent point.. These Swansea lads are talented enough to make it in the professional game.. They're in their early twenties.. They've got such an opportunity to progress and advance their talents and abilities to develop into a Championship or Premier League player.. Cornell has another 12-15 years left.. But I know the reason why they haven't moved on.. F*cking simple ain't it..

They've just left School.. Played football with the boys.. Got caught up in the hype of the adulation of the Swans.. Earn 40k in the development while playing under conference standard football.. Sh*g all these girls that just crave the attention, money, adulation of an up and coming development player.. Buy cars and do races because it's 'cool'.. Get a 'sleave' tattoo.. Take Drugs.. Drink like they're on project X.. Even try and sell drugs! (What is wrong with them..are they that th*ck?).. Wear these stupid caps backwards.. Walk into the club thinking they're the business..

Instead of looking into the wider issues that face our Country.. The democratic decline of the Eurozone.. Learning about the 'opportunity' millions of kids haven't or will have.. Thinking about people who are less fortunate than them.. Go into a young kids hospital and take it all in.. The adulation of that power to make them smile.. Learn about the opportunity you've got.. The potential to earn millions for charity for people who f*cking need it.. It's this 2nd paragraph that makes the Player.. It's this 2nd paragraph that makes the Man and difference in footballing terms.. it also gives them valuable life skills.. That extra bit of motivation and pride to succeed.. It's this 2nd paragraph that will turn you from a League Two player into a Championship one.. These kids don't know they're f*cking born.. Where did the man go? Donuts in the Car.. Shagging 40 girls in a month.. Sniffing sherbert up their snout.. Give me a job ffs!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024