Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driftwood 09:21 - May 26 with 1835 viewsSS2013

Would there be any objections to shipping out the following players :

Emnes
Dai Cornel
Jazz Richards
Kyle Bartley
Tremmel

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Driftwood on 09:25 - May 26 with 1820 viewsDr_Winston

Keep Bartley. The rest can go.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Driftwood on 09:27 - May 26 with 1814 viewsSenhin

Keep Emnes too.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Driftwood on 09:29 - May 26 with 1803 viewsSwan91

Keep Emnes and Kyle bartley

I think Kyle is perfect as a back up cb with amat. Don't think he did too badly against palace either. Still reasonably young aswell.

And emnes is the perfect substitute player. Can play 3-4 different positions, doesn't complain and always does a good job for us. Very good at gaining free kicks in dangerous areas and penalties for us.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 9:31]
Driftwood on 09:39 - May 26 with 1765 viewsSS2013

Driftwood on 09:29 - May 26 by Swan91

I think Kyle is perfect as a back up cb with amat. Don't think he did too badly against palace either. Still reasonably young aswell.

And emnes is the perfect substitute player. Can play 3-4 different positions, doesn't complain and always does a good job for us. Very good at gaining free kicks in dangerous areas and penalties for us.

I'm not to sure Emnes has the ability at this level unfortunately.

I've seen Bartley a number of times now and hes a decent defender, distribution is a bit poor, I expect him to stay, Monk seems to like him.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Driftwood on 09:53 - May 26 with 1721 viewsDr_Winston

Driftwood on 09:29 - May 26 by Swan91

We're being linked with the kind of versatile attacking player (Maxim, Castaignos) that Emnes is. That's only going to push him down the pecking order.

If he's happy being 4th/5th choice then fair enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Driftwood on 09:54 - May 26 with 1718 viewsSwansNZ

Driftwood on 09:25 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

Keep Bartley. The rest can go.

Agree. I don't think we'd buy a better 4th choice CH.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Driftwood on 10:08 - May 26 with 1671 viewsLeonisGod

Driftwood on 09:54 - May 26 by SwansNZ

Agree. I don't think we'd buy a better 4th choice CH.

I'm pretty sure he was in my local chippy on Friday (carb loading no doubt!). He's very tall.
Driftwood on 10:54 - May 26 with 1550 viewsScoobyWho

If we genuinely want to improve and contest in the top ten next season then we need to progress tninking clearly about the term - get in better than what you already have.

1. Jazz Richards, league one player at best, failed to impress at Huddersfield. Free,

2. Dwight Tiendalli, panic re signing, not an Engkish league player, slow and inconsistent. Pay off contract.

3. Nathan Dyer - a stunning player who has gone stale at Swansea, losses of confidence seen for most of the season need rekindling whilst a decent price will be on his head. Sell for 2 million plus, that tag should interest a few clubs.

4. Leon Brtitton, Leon isn't interested in coaching, and sees himself with a few years left at a lower level. Free transfer, and thanks. Club stalwart.

5. David Cornell, has found himself on loan at the very bottom of the league structure and still didn't impress that much. Free transfer.

6. Martin Emnes, signed after three years of pursuit by the club, now the boot is on the other foot, if a small fee of 400k ish could be negotiated then let him go, far better players out there for the job he does.

7. Stephen Kinglsey. Had a few injuries this season, brought in to test the resolve of first team players when out of form, hasn't settled, hasn't shown anywhere near the form he showed in Scotland. Scottish Premier League at Hearts maybe ? Try and recoup the 125k.

8. Bafetimbi Gomis. If a 10 million bid comes in then move him on, he is 30, inconsistent in the face of the media and bad news for the dressing room and to man manage when in conflict with the club. A badge kisser who has clearly decided to put himself in the shop window recently and the club are clearly supporting this to get the biggest fee possible. I'm not advocating him going, just seeing the common sense in getting a big fee for a thirty year old who blows hot and cold,

9. Michu, with another season left on his contract, and dependent on the state of his marbles move on for a small fee. However, if he is up for, it, so should we be. A genius.

10. Kyle Bartley, If he is happy to stay as second or third then retain him, otherwise put him on sale, could be the next Caulker at Leicester or similar.

11. Gerry Tremmell, if it wasn't for the six games or so he played so well in when Swansea won a major trophy ( get that - major trophy ) Gerry would have gone already. Too intelligent for football, release from contract.

Ups and down there, players to keep are Gylfi, Cork, Fabianski, Montero, Fernandez, Ash, Amat, Routledge, Ki, with a decent striker that's one hell of a base to build around.
Those not mentioned are squad players, ins and outs throughout a testing season.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 11:03]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Driftwood on 11:01 - May 26 with 1525 viewsdameedna

add naughton, grimes, taylor, barrow and the scottish midfielder to the the keepsies list
and rangel will be going nowhere
Driftwood on 11:05 - May 26 with 1507 viewsbuilthjack

Driftwood on 10:54 - May 26 by ScoobyWho

If we genuinely want to improve and contest in the top ten next season then we need to progress tninking clearly about the term - get in better than what you already have.

1. Jazz Richards, league one player at best, failed to impress at Huddersfield. Free,

2. Dwight Tiendalli, panic re signing, not an Engkish league player, slow and inconsistent. Pay off contract.

3. Nathan Dyer - a stunning player who has gone stale at Swansea, losses of confidence seen for most of the season need rekindling whilst a decent price will be on his head. Sell for 2 million plus, that tag should interest a few clubs.

4. Leon Brtitton, Leon isn't interested in coaching, and sees himself with a few years left at a lower level. Free transfer, and thanks. Club stalwart.

5. David Cornell, has found himself on loan at the very bottom of the league structure and still didn't impress that much. Free transfer.

6. Martin Emnes, signed after three years of pursuit by the club, now the boot is on the other foot, if a small fee of 400k ish could be negotiated then let him go, far better players out there for the job he does.

7. Stephen Kinglsey. Had a few injuries this season, brought in to test the resolve of first team players when out of form, hasn't settled, hasn't shown anywhere near the form he showed in Scotland. Scottish Premier League at Hearts maybe ? Try and recoup the 125k.

8. Bafetimbi Gomis. If a 10 million bid comes in then move him on, he is 30, inconsistent in the face of the media and bad news for the dressing room and to man manage when in conflict with the club. A badge kisser who has clearly decided to put himself in the shop window recently and the club are clearly supporting this to get the biggest fee possible. I'm not advocating him going, just seeing the common sense in getting a big fee for a thirty year old who blows hot and cold,

9. Michu, with another season left on his contract, and dependent on the state of his marbles move on for a small fee. However, if he is up for, it, so should we be. A genius.

10. Kyle Bartley, If he is happy to stay as second or third then retain him, otherwise put him on sale, could be the next Caulker at Leicester or similar.

11. Gerry Tremmell, if it wasn't for the six games or so he played so well in when Swansea won a major trophy ( get that - major trophy ) Gerry would have gone already. Too intelligent for football, release from contract.

Ups and down there, players to keep are Gylfi, Cork, Fabianski, Montero, Fernandez, Ash, Amat, Routledge, Ki, with a decent striker that's one hell of a base to build around.
Those not mentioned are squad players, ins and outs throughout a testing season.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 11:03]

Pretty much on the button here. Release most of these and bring 7 or 8 in.
2nd choice goalie, left back, winger and centre forward a must.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Driftwood on 11:30 - May 26 with 1467 viewsClinton

I'd keep Jazz if he will hang around on a low-ish salary.
He would be used in the way he as been used this season, as occasional stand-in when we have 2 or three fullbacks simultaneously injured and/or suspended. He has been reasonably solid defensively in the games I have seen recently, although his limitations going forward are obvious.

I would say the same about Kyle Bartley. We have been exceptionally lucky this season that our centre halves have remained relatively fit. If we get the normal number of injuries and suspensions in this area, Kyle is a good stand-in, although I put him behind Amat in the pecking order. I cant see us getting someone better than Kyle who would be prepared to be number 4 centre-half. Its a vital position to have properly covered, you cant stick one of the U21s in there.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Driftwood on 11:42 - May 26 with 1451 viewsAl_Bundy

Driftwood on 11:30 - May 26 by Clinton

I'd keep Jazz if he will hang around on a low-ish salary.
He would be used in the way he as been used this season, as occasional stand-in when we have 2 or three fullbacks simultaneously injured and/or suspended. He has been reasonably solid defensively in the games I have seen recently, although his limitations going forward are obvious.

I would say the same about Kyle Bartley. We have been exceptionally lucky this season that our centre halves have remained relatively fit. If we get the normal number of injuries and suspensions in this area, Kyle is a good stand-in, although I put him behind Amat in the pecking order. I cant see us getting someone better than Kyle who would be prepared to be number 4 centre-half. Its a vital position to have properly covered, you cant stick one of the U21s in there.

Keep someone who isn't good enough just because you can pay them a low salary

How about getting someone in who is good enough and compete for a team place in the best league in the world !?!
Driftwood on 12:52 - May 26 with 1323 viewscanhecatchit

Think you can add Dyer to your list also

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Driftwood on 19:02 - May 26 with 1056 viewsUxbridge

We need to upgrade spare keeper, full backs, wings and a backup striker. Anyone who's a backup in any of those positions is looking slightly iffy.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024