Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa - Is the game up? 05:23 - May 27 with 16718 viewslonglostjack

Can Blatter & Co. survive this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/statuses/603409998501191681

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fifa - Is the game up? on 06:02 - May 27 with 8636 viewsstAteSwan

Finally something good happens. New York Times has pictures of 10 FIFA Officials being arrested by Swiss Police Today.

Looks as if all 10 will be extradited to the USA to face charges of Corruption, Racketeering, and Bribery.

Unfortunately, Blatter was not arrested. He's been mysteriously absent from the USA ever since the FBI Investigation began...something about not wanting to be subpoenaed
Fifa - Is the game up? on 07:32 - May 27 with 8537 viewsEdmundo

At last......about time, wonder if Blatter will fall on his sword as it happened on his watch.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:16 - May 27 with 8420 viewsClinton

FIFA's name has been in the gutter for years. Blatter is a shameless man in a surreal world,
I suspect he will carry on and get re-elected.
Credit to the US authorities for cutting through the veil of secrecy and web of intrigue that surrounds this lot.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:19 - May 27 with 8413 viewsHighjack

If it can be proved that money exchanged hands in exchange for votes fot the two upcoming world cups, one in the middle of a desert and the other one in a country thats invading and threatening the whole world, then surely they'll be forced into a re vote?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:29 - May 27 with 8390 viewsjackal

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:19 - May 27 by Highjack

If it can be proved that money exchanged hands in exchange for votes fot the two upcoming world cups, one in the middle of a desert and the other one in a country thats invading and threatening the whole world, then surely they'll be forced into a re vote?

Certainly hope so. Russia was an odd call but Qatar has to be the most bizarre decision ever made in the history of football. The only possible explanation for them being awarded the World Cup is that palms were greased.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:35 - May 27 with 8374 viewsSwaneeRiver

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:19 - May 27 by Highjack

It's got to happen. Tehe World Cup in Qatar is the most scandalous thing to happen in World Cup football since Austria & Germany (or was it West Germany) drew in the group stage to both qualify for the knock out stage of the finals (1978 I think? )
Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:44 - May 27 with 8350 viewsjruss1

"According to Reuters, the Swiss federal office of justice says criminal proceedings have been opened in connection with allocation of 2018 and 2022 World Cups."

Wow. This is going to be messy.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:49 - May 27 with 8332 viewsJonnyTheJack

If anyone is interested, this was an e:60 documentary that aired on ESPN in America a couple of weeks ago. We all knew something shady went on but it's eye opening when you hear some of the stories. It said in the doc that they were being investigated by the FBI I think and obviously today is the result of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:51 - May 27 with 8319 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 10:15 - May 27 with 8270 viewsfather_jack

even if qatar keeps the tournament, i wonder if any of the teams are contemplating a boycott

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Fifa - Is the game up? on 10:23 - May 27 with 8257 viewsmax936

He's a dead man walking now surely, charges are dated back to the 90's.

FIFA now saying that they insigated this investigation, wow.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:30 - May 27 with 8203 viewstomdickharry

Mr Blatter is one of the world's great survivors,who has probably known about these arrests being forthcoming for some time and will have prepared the ground so that he (Blatter) comes out shinny white.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 13:16 - May 27 with 8099 viewssnork44

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:30 - May 27 by tomdickharry

Mr Blatter is one of the world's great survivors,who has probably known about these arrests being forthcoming for some time and will have prepared the ground so that he (Blatter) comes out shinny white.

Blatter is like a cockroach,he'd survive anything! Hopefully the slimy Swiss gnome will get his comeuppance and he will charged with corruption as well. As England and the USA both had strong campaigns for their respective World Cup bids, at the time the decisions were questioned and FIFA indicated that the objections were just a case of both of the countries being 'Bad Losers'. Now finally the truth will now come out.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:09 - May 27 with 8044 viewsstAteSwan

Fifa - Is the game up? on 10:15 - May 27 by father_jack

even if qatar keeps the tournament, i wonder if any of the teams are contemplating a boycott

I know its been talked about in the USA...but we would not do it without European Support.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:12 - May 27 with 7990 viewsDafyddHuw

Why doesn't Platini/EUFA make a stand and say they're boycotting the Qatar World Cup. I'm sure most of the European FAs would be open to this.
Especially with Qatar's total lack of human rights re working conditions for the (mostly Nepalese) workers. (Did you see that Qatar are not even allowing Nepalese workers home for funerals after their earthquake).
Also it's pretty disgusting that it takes a relatively minor football nation like the USA to bring FIFA to book, rather than one of the established footballing nations like Spain, Italy, Brazil, England etc.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 15:24]
Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:18 - May 27 with 7974 viewsicecoldjack

Good news. Of course the USA get to now try and make Putin look bad on a global stage by proving the Russia world cup bid was illegal and corupt. Gotta love the Yanks, more than one way to skin a cat for them!

They keep finding ways to poke the Russian Bear, cant say i looking forward to the result of it .

As for FIFA, vile organisation and i hope they get everything thrown at them.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:23 - May 27 with 7966 viewsDr_Winston

Fifa - Is the game up? on 07:32 - May 27 by Edmundo

At last......about time, wonder if Blatter will fall on his sword as it happened on his watch.

Depends how many of the arrested decide to give evidence against him in return for a lighter sentence.

The American legal system loves a plea bargain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:24 - May 27 with 7964 viewsClinton

Good to see this guy in the frame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Warner_%28football_executive%29

I remember a panorama program about him many years ago. Enriched himself personally and had all sorts of perks out of his position as head of one of the Carribean associations and COncacaf whose block votes he controlled. The program alleged all sorts of corrupt activities, but nothing ever came out of it. England went out there playing an International to try and curry favour with him.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:30 - May 27 with 7957 viewsDafyddHuw

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:24 - May 27 by Clinton

Good to see this guy in the frame
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Warner_%28football_executive%29

I remember a panorama program about him many years ago. Enriched himself personally and had all sorts of perks out of his position as head of one of the Carribean associations and COncacaf whose block votes he controlled. The program alleged all sorts of corrupt activities, but nothing ever came out of it. England went out there playing an International to try and curry favour with him.

Hey Bill.

I 've asked you this before but you blanked me.

Satisfy my curiosity - did you have to pay the dry-cleaning bill to get the spunk stains off Monica's dress?
Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:53 - May 27 with 7925 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:18 - May 27 by icecoldjack

Good news. Of course the USA get to now try and make Putin look bad on a global stage by proving the Russia world cup bid was illegal and corupt. Gotta love the Yanks, more than one way to skin a cat for them!

They keep finding ways to poke the Russian Bear, cant say i looking forward to the result of it .

As for FIFA, vile organisation and i hope they get everything thrown at them.

Putin doesn't need America to make him look bad......he's well capable and able to do that on his own.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 16:42]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:03 - May 27 with 7897 viewsC_jack

If Blatter somehow gets voted in for another term then I can see some sort of split happening, resulting in two governing bodies.

Let the fun begin

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:09 - May 27 with 7883 viewsSwanzay

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:03 - May 27 by C_jack

If Blatter somehow gets voted in for another term then I can see some sort of split happening, resulting in two governing bodies.

Let the fun begin

Of course he will win another term, Blatter has already fixed that.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:34 - May 27 with 7845 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:09 - May 27 by Swanzay

Of course he will win another term, Blatter has already fixed that.

Is the correct answer.....he's proof, the c*nt is

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:39 - May 27 with 7831 viewsWxmJax

Glad to see something happening at long last but why is it an FBI inquiry ? Are they the world police ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:41 - May 27 with 7766 viewsEdmundo

Can we have the assistance of the FBI to investigate corruption at Swansea Council now👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024