Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa - Is the game up? 05:23 - May 27 with 16716 viewslonglostjack

Can Blatter & Co. survive this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/statuses/603409998501191681

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fifa - Is the game up? on 10:33 - May 28 with 2495 viewsLord_Bony

Session now taking place in House of Commons...sports and culture mps slagging the whole organisation off saying it is deeply flawed and corrupt ,this is just the latest sorry episode.

Sponsors will pull out from supporting FIFA soon...the image is too tarnished now.

Russia should not have the 2018 world cup it's a fix.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:02 - May 28 with 2453 viewsDafyddHuw

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:08 - May 27 by longlostjack

Still the better approach in the long run though I think. On the question of companies surely it's time for the corporate sponsors to withdraw their support for FIFA - they've got their image to consider after all and I wonder if their compliance teams are sleeping easily tonight ?

Yup. The only way anything will get done at FIFA is when Coke, Nike, McDonalds make threatening "we're taking our money away" noises.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:03 - May 28 with 2452 viewsDafyddHuw

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:58 - May 27 by morningstar

He probably blanked you last time as he isn't actually Bill Clinton. You do realise this don't you?

Don't be dull mun. His name's Clinton and he's got a picture of himself. Who else could it be?
Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:22 - May 28 with 2382 viewsscottishjack

UEFA are putting the boot in, credit it where it's due. Platini telling him to resign, David Gill announcing that he wont take his place on the executive committee if Blatter stays.

I still have my doubts about Platini, but at least today he has stepped up to the mark!

Watching the press conference live, how's this for a veiled threat...

Platini: "If Mr Blatter wins, Uefa will meet in Berlin to discuss the future of our relations with Fifa."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11635654/Fifa-corruption-live.htm
Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:40 - May 28 with 2366 viewsmonmouth

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:22 - May 28 by scottishjack

UEFA are putting the boot in, credit it where it's due. Platini telling him to resign, David Gill announcing that he wont take his place on the executive committee if Blatter stays.

I still have my doubts about Platini, but at least today he has stepped up to the mark!

Watching the press conference live, how's this for a veiled threat...

Platini: "If Mr Blatter wins, Uefa will meet in Berlin to discuss the future of our relations with Fifa."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11635654/Fifa-corruption-live.htm

Europe doesn't have the votes but it does have the muscle. A WC without Europe is worthless. It's time to play hardball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:47 - May 28 with 2353 viewsscottishjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:40 - May 28 by monmouth

Europe doesn't have the votes but it does have the muscle. A WC without Europe is worthless. It's time to play hardball.

Platini didn't rule out a boycott of FIFA, and therefor a boycott of the world cup. I think that is the first time I have ever been in the slightest way impressed by Platini.

Although I still don't trust him and I'm sure he is playing politics here for the day when he is eventually FIFA president. But for today at least, he done well.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:51 - May 28 with 2352 viewsDr_Winston

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:49 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

Platini is as big a c*nt as Blatter and in some ways more of a disappointment as he was a bit of superman when I was a kid. On the school yard your were either a Zico, a Socrates or a Platini. Sad. Blatter is just the latest in a long line of corrupt FIFA officials and is no worse than Joao Havelange who went before him. Horrible, horrible people.

Spot on.

Not a tremendous difference in levels of c*ntishness between Platini or Blatter at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:42 - May 28 with 2314 viewscontroversial_jack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:23 - May 27 by WxmJax

Right then, go get 'em Floyd.

I did notice that they mostly had connections with the Americas.

Do that give them jurisdiction over those not on American soil? Laws can only apply to that particular country
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:55 - May 28 with 2308 viewsstAteSwan

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:42 - May 28 by controversial_jack

Do that give them jurisdiction over those not on American soil? Laws can only apply to that particular country

According to United States Law...yes. Provided the action takes advantage of the US Financial System.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:58 - May 28 with 2302 viewsClinton

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:30 - May 27 by DafyddHuw

Hey Bill.

I 've asked you this before but you blanked me.

Satisfy my curiosity - did you have to pay the dry-cleaning bill to get the spunk stains off Monica's dress?

As I said to the court.
" I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:08 - May 28 with 2271 viewscontroversial_jack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:55 - May 28 by stAteSwan

According to United States Law...yes. Provided the action takes advantage of the US Financial System.

I'm not disagreeing with you mate, but what makes UK citizens , subject to American law? As far as I'm aware we are only subject to UK law
Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:12 - May 28 with 2274 viewsmonmouth

I see all our cowards in parliament are now coming out with faux outrage, as if any of this is a surprise.

This is worth a quick view for amusement if you haven't seen it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:25 - May 28 with 2255 viewsOldjack

I'd never heard of this cooker until it was announced s a world cup venue WARRA A STITCH UP THIS MUST HAVE BEEN

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:29 - May 28 with 2186 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:08 - May 28 by controversial_jack

I'm not disagreeing with you mate, but what makes UK citizens , subject to American law? As far as I'm aware we are only subject to UK law

You’d be subject to the law of whatever country you are in or doing transactions in. Pleading you’re British, I’m sure would not help you.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:27 - May 28 with 2130 viewscontroversial_jack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:29 - May 28 by SwansNZ

You’d be subject to the law of whatever country you are in or doing transactions in. Pleading you’re British, I’m sure would not help you.

I think you are missing the point. If the offence took place outside of the US, then their laws do not apply as they have no jurisdiction over a foreign subject. It would be up to the govt of the country you are in to prosecute you

A Swiss citizen is only subject to laws of Switzerland if that offence occurs in Switzerland
Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:54 - May 28 with 2110 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:27 - May 28 by controversial_jack

I think you are missing the point. If the offence took place outside of the US, then their laws do not apply as they have no jurisdiction over a foreign subject. It would be up to the govt of the country you are in to prosecute you

A Swiss citizen is only subject to laws of Switzerland if that offence occurs in Switzerland

Wasn't it Swiss police that made the arrests ? USA will now seek extradition I would have thought.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:57 - May 28 with 2110 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:27 - May 28 by controversial_jack

I think you’re missing the point. How do you know that whatever offences they may have committed, have been totally outside of the US, and US financial system?
I’m thinking that the FBI believe they have broken some laws in the US, else would not have charged them.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:25 - May 28 with 2095 viewsKennedy

Now one of the big boys joins the club (Nike)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/05/27/meet-the-unscrupulous

Just call me JFK

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:43 - May 28 with 2072 viewsairedale

Fifa - Is the game up? on 14:40 - May 28 by monmouth

This what I thought should be done. Then I thought that if the PTB boycott the WC, then the chances are, if the tournament is held, that Bongo Bongo Land will win the WC. This is what the record books will show until Cardiff get promoted to the PL again.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:22 - May 29 with 1961 viewsdobjack2

All posturing by the anti-blatter supporters, basically Europe. Under blatter FIFA have poured money into African and Asian countries and they will support him. Whether all the money has gone to the projects is another matter but that won't be investigated. May even win in first round.

Can't see a boycott of World Cup, sponsors will want to be associated with World Cup, they just need blatter to make nice sounds in relation to corruption. Same as- its all about making money.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:31 - May 29 with 1947 viewsStarsky

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:15 - May 27 by morningstar

You probably didn't realise it at the time of typing, but that's probably the best post you've ever made!

It's the only good post NZJ had made.

It's just the internet, init.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:01 - May 29 with 1903 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:22 - May 29 by dobjack2

All posturing by the anti-blatter supporters, basically Europe. Under blatter FIFA have poured money into African and Asian countries and they will support him. Whether all the money has gone to the projects is another matter but that won't be investigated. May even win in first round.

Can't see a boycott of World Cup, sponsors will want to be associated with World Cup, they just need blatter to make nice sounds in relation to corruption. Same as- its all about making money.

Poured money into African & Asian official pockets to win votes more like.
He's well aware as long as he keeps them sweet he's bomb proof.....as will be proved when he is once more elected for another term.
Blatter has got manipulation by corruption down to a fine art.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:22 - May 29 with 1871 viewsStarsky

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:22 - May 29 by dobjack2

Sorry Mr Blatter.
Don't go posting on here mun
[Post edited 29 May 2015 11:22]

It's just the internet, init.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:22 - May 29 with 1870 viewsKGriz16

Blatter is the snitch, he's untouchable; like Jack Nicholson in the Departed.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 11:50 - May 29 with 1835 viewstomdickharry

Just watched on Sky HQ the FIFA representatives from Bangladesh and the African Nations indicate that their votes will be for Blatter. The election will be a no contest,UEFA are the real power brokers of World Football and they should flex their muscle and declare a boycott of the Russia and Qatar World Cups.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024