Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract extensions 17:57 - May 27 with 2949 viewsSwan91

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-offer-contracts-host-rising

Quite a few of the young players have been given contract extensions. I Remember Alex bray played well in pre season 2 seasons ago so hopefully he is making good progress.

And Zabret. I'm hoping his potential shows soon. I know he is only 19 so has quite a few years still but I'm hoping that he becomes a future first team goalkeeper for us.
Contract extensions on 18:01 - May 27 with 2921 viewsDr_Winston

Get them signed up and get as many of them as possible out playing on loan at a decent level.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Contract extensions on 18:03 - May 27 with 2913 viewsBanosswan

Contract extensions on 18:01 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Get them signed up and get as many of them as possible out playing on loan at a decent level.

If we get category 1, will they then be playing Chelsea, Man City etc?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Contract extensions on 18:08 - May 27 with 2877 viewsDr_Winston

Contract extensions on 18:03 - May 27 by Banosswan

At reserve/youth level. Better to get the real thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Contract extensions on 19:07 - May 27 with 2658 viewsKilkennyjack

Sounds like good news all around after a good and successful season. Did anyone get released ?

Beware of the Risen People

Contract extensions on 20:11 - May 27 with 2473 viewsEdmundo

Well done all concerned👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Contract extensions on 20:19 - May 27 with 2444 viewslondonlisa2001

Contract extensions on 18:08 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

That's an interesting question.

Which do we think is the higher standard? Man City / Chelsea under 21s or League 2? I suspect it is the former, although the cut and thrust of real league football with crowds that care can't be replicated, and I always think that some exposure to the reality of football outside the Premier League bubble is no bad thing.

But for pure standard, I'm pretty certain it would be the reserves at Category 1 level.
Contract extensions on 20:26 - May 27 with 2411 viewsairedale

Contract extensions on 18:08 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

I saw Arsenal kids playing ours at Parc Scarlets a cpouple/few years ago, and they were fantastic players. Their technical ability, even for someone like me, was really impressive and I reckon that they would be there or there abouts in their first season in the Championship if they played league football.

However, given the choice, I would rather see our best prospects playing regularly in League 1 or in the Championship.
Contract extensions on 20:32 - May 27 with 2383 viewsjackeinstein

Great for the boys to have extensions but the number of new pros given contracts seems really low considering the money the club has we have offer only three scholars professional contracts perhaps someone can let me know why the number is this low,didn't see the boy Dylan Thomas in the list he was scoring for fun saw a few of his goals they were different class.
Surely the idea of the Swans academy is to develop and nurture local talent or is it the case that academy players will no longer be local boys but players bought in from around the globe.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract extensions on 20:39 - May 27 with 2352 viewsDr_Winston

Contract extensions on 20:19 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Which do we think is the higher standard? Man City / Chelsea under 21s or League 2? I suspect it is the former, although the cut and thrust of real league football with crowds that care can't be replicated, and I always think that some exposure to the reality of football outside the Premier League bubble is no bad thing.

But for pure standard, I'm pretty certain it would be the reserves at Category 1 level.

On a technical level the kids are probably better, but there comes a time when you need to be tested against wily old pros in front of hostile crowds, and you're never going to get that at reserve level.

It's the difference between training to do a job and actually doing it IMO.

Contract extensions on 20:42 - May 27 with 2325 viewslondonlisa2001

Contract extensions on 20:39 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

On a technical level the kids are probably better, but there comes a time when you need to be tested against wily old pros in front of hostile crowds, and you're never going to get that at reserve level.

It's the difference between training to do a job and actually doing it IMO.

Yes - I think I probably agree.
Contract extensions on 21:25 - May 27 with 2243 viewsKilkennyjack

U21 leagues have say 3 years of players involved - 18 to 21. League football has say players 18 to 36 involved so maybe some 18 years of players. There is no doubt league 2 is tougher. The crowds and intensity also make a big difference.

Contract extensions on 22:16 - May 27 with 2137 viewsItchySphincter

Contract extensions on 18:03 - May 27 by Banosswan

Irrelevant. Get them out in the league or Conference like we did with Joe Allen. It could have finished him but it accelerated his development and showed he had it. Shame we didn't ship Jazz out when he was a pup.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Contract extensions on 22:20 - May 27 with 2129 viewsItchySphincter

Contract extensions on 20:19 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Never in a million years is Man City / Chelsea under 21s a higher standard than League 2. Never. They might be better players or have better potential but nine times out of ten that L2 side would knock seven shades out of a bunch of academy kids and ultimately get a positive result.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Contract extensions on 23:33 - May 27 with 1986 viewslondonlisa2001

Contract extensions on 22:20 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

Never in a million years is Man City / Chelsea under 21s a higher standard than League 2. Never. They might be better players or have better potential but nine times out of ten that L2 side would knock seven shades out of a bunch of academy kids and ultimately get a positive result.

Do you really think?

Every time you see an Arsenal team (for example) stuffed full of their kids play a team in the lower leagues, they seem to do pretty well. I wouldn't say the 21s are 'academy kids' really - I know what you mean, but a lot are very very talented players. It'd be interesting to see. I think the 21s teams would do much better than you think.
Contract extensions on 23:46 - May 27 with 1961 viewsScoobyWho

Contract extensions on 20:26 - May 27 by airedale

I saw Arsenal kids playing ours at Parc Scarlets a cpouple/few years ago, and they were fantastic players. Their technical ability, even for someone like me, was really impressive and I reckon that they would be there or there abouts in their first season in the Championship if they played league football.

However, given the choice, I would rather see our best prospects playing regularly in League 1 or in the Championship.

Even for Yeovil ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Contract extensions on 07:05 - May 28 with 1814 viewsKilkennyjack

Contract extensions on 23:46 - May 27 by ScoobyWho

Even for Yeovil ?

Yes - its all about game time and the experience. Nobody cares how the u21 side gets on really, but Yeovil fans do care. Also the likes of Bristol City don't want untried players as they try to get up on a big budget. The struggling teams like yeovil and the 'O' s are the very teams that might give young players a chance. Get out and play.

N/A. on 17:02 - May 28 with 1561 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 0:57]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Contract extensions on 19:19 - May 28 with 1428 viewsChief

N/A. on 17:02 - May 28 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 0:57]

Really surprised by retaining Lucas myself, he'll have to be one of the overage players the starting 11 for the u21s and is way down the pecking order behind players like Sheehan and King

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Contract extensions on 19:37 - May 28 with 1378 viewsKilkennyjack

Contract extensions on 19:19 - May 28 by Chief

Really surprised by retaining Lucas myself, he'll have to be one of the overage players the starting 11 for the u21s and is way down the pecking order behind players like Sheehan and King

Lee is 23 in june so it is strange for the u21 squad. You might think Sheehan, Grimes, Fulton etc are already ahead of him. All younger by a couple of years. Henry Jones also too old for u21 squad. Strange.

Contract extensions on 19:42 - May 28 with 1363 viewsNeathJack

As far as the likes of Lucas are concerned, retain him now and sell him in 6 months time for a couple of hundred grand with a sell on clause.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024