Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium 21:52 - May 27 with 3096 viewswestside

News item on bbc wales news about building some flats by the mill stad said that the millenium stadium is the best stadium in the world

Mill Stad isn't anywhere near being the best in britain let alone the world.

How does bbc wales a public funded organisation which is supposed to be balanced and impartial get away with broadcasting such delusional cardiff propaganda
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:06 - May 27 with 1990 viewsbuilthjack

It's a great location next to the City centre. But the stadium itself isn't great. Small seats, no leg room, the top tier so steep that it's almost dangerous. And when it's full of drunk women with daffodils on their heads who don't know the rules of rugby and never watch a regions match it's time to run from there.
Wembley far better, also Arsenal, And Celtic.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:13 - May 27 with 1967 viewstrampie

The Millennium Stadium is the best stadium in the world because its a city centre stadium.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:25 - May 27 with 1948 viewsItchySphincter

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:13 - May 27 by trampie

The Millennium Stadium is the best stadium in the world because its a city centre stadium.

You wouldn't say that if it was in the middle of London.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:43 - May 27 with 1897 viewstrampie

Depends on what's in the centre of London, I won't really know where the centre is even, I seen something about a street there on the box last night, clearly they were all Millwall in that area, as regards the Millennium Stadium one street away from the Millennium Stadium are bars, restaurants, pubs and fast food outlets with the train and bus station right there, I think there used to be taxis there as well, its hard to beat it location wise, I've been to Twickers and Wembley and they are terrible places, very little in the way of watering holes around them, makes having a pub crawl and a bit of an extended session a non starter.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 23:28 - May 27 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:43 - May 27 by trampie

Depends on what's in the centre of London, I won't really know where the centre is even, I seen something about a street there on the box last night, clearly they were all Millwall in that area, as regards the Millennium Stadium one street away from the Millennium Stadium are bars, restaurants, pubs and fast food outlets with the train and bus station right there, I think there used to be taxis there as well, its hard to beat it location wise, I've been to Twickers and Wembley and they are terrible places, very little in the way of watering holes around them, makes having a pub crawl and a bit of an extended session a non starter.

Oh Trampie, I know you must find it hard to go over the bridge, but honestly, describing Twickenham as a 'terrible place' - you must be joking. There are more pubs, bars and restaurants within a short walk of the stadium than you can shake a stick at, and it's very upmarket.

Wembley as an area is not very salubrious, but the stadium is miles better than the Millennium.
And The Emirates is as well (plus again there are loads of places near for a drink, meal or whatever you may want).

The most 'central' of London's stadia is probably Stamford Bridge, which could do with some work. Even there though, the hospitality areas are in a different class to the Millennium, and the seats are more comfortable, albeit that the pitch level seating is too low for my liking. As many bars and restaurants though in Fulham / Chelsea as in Cardiff.

And you won't find many 'all Millwall' in the centre of London you know.

The Millennium is fine in my view, convenient, but pretty uncomfortable and the pitch is an absolute disgrace.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 23:52 - May 27 with 1794 viewsBanosswan

Roof closed, full of passionate supporters it's hard to beat. But I'm talking about the years before the daffodil brigade invaded. It has definitely been diluted now.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 08:44 - May 28 with 1697 viewsjackforever

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 23:28 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Oh Trampie, I know you must find it hard to go over the bridge, but honestly, describing Twickenham as a 'terrible place' - you must be joking. There are more pubs, bars and restaurants within a short walk of the stadium than you can shake a stick at, and it's very upmarket.

Wembley as an area is not very salubrious, but the stadium is miles better than the Millennium.
And The Emirates is as well (plus again there are loads of places near for a drink, meal or whatever you may want).

The most 'central' of London's stadia is probably Stamford Bridge, which could do with some work. Even there though, the hospitality areas are in a different class to the Millennium, and the seats are more comfortable, albeit that the pitch level seating is too low for my liking. As many bars and restaurants though in Fulham / Chelsea as in Cardiff.

The Millennium is fine in my view, convenient, but pretty uncomfortable and the pitch is an absolute disgrace.

Why do so many people keep on slamming the pitch. Since they changed it its been superb.
Other reasons its one of the best stadiums are simple.
1) your closer to the pitch 2) its got a roof 3) its location is superb
4) when full the atmosphere beats any other stadium as fa cup and play off finals proved

And to say twickers has loads of bars is another joke the place is horrific. Every time ive been there its been hard work. The fact the upper tier is steep is a plus imo as it means people can see betterwith no interference from the people in front.
Only two negatives for me. The finish is poor compared to other modern stadium and the stand behind the goals should have been completed properly.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 09:28 - May 28 with 1649 viewsItchySphincter

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 23:28 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

I go to Stamford Bridge and the Emirates fairly often and I always consider the Emirates to be a more central London Stadium du to the fact that it takes me longer to get in and out of than the bridge and you can't f*cking park anywhere. But you're right anyway - plenty of places to eat and drink around those stadiums you've mentioned.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 09:49 - May 28 with 1632 viewsdgt73

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 22:13 - May 27 by trampie

Try getting a train after 10.30 pm lol. The transport infrastructure resembles something from a banana Republic.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 09:50 - May 28 with 1630 viewsbuilthjack

Millennium is great as a City centre location. But for comfort it's pretty poor.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 10:42 - May 28 with 1587 viewsscottishjack

The Millennium Stadium is a fantastic stadium, but for whatever reason, the atmosphere there is always cracked up several notches when Wales are playing rugby there. I saw the article on the BBC last night and I am sure the words they used were "Best RUGBY stadium in the World" and they aren't far wrong.

I've been there many a time, and I'll miss out the 2 visits with the Swans because to me, and many on here, it's hard to be impartial when it comes to the Swans. Several stand out occasions though. Wales 2-1 Italy was amazing, by far the best atmosphere I have experienced when it comes to a football match there.

I was there when Wales beat France for the Grand Slam, again, absolutely amazing, I swear the place was actually rocking towards the last 10 minutes, and I'm not even Welsh!

Calzaghe v Kessler, just dreadful! Would've been as well watching it at home, couldn't see f**k all, and folk kipping everywhere due to the late hour and too much ale.

Liverpool v Chelsea, Community shield match, dreadful atmosphere, quiet and flat. Despite not being a bad match.

It's nearly always a better atmosphere when it comes to Rugby, and I would say that the MIllennium and Twickenham are the two best RUGBY grounds I have visited. Murrayfield is great as well...but well behind the other two.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 11:25 - May 28 with 1552 viewsmax936

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 10:42 - May 28 by scottishjack

The Millennium Stadium is a fantastic stadium, but for whatever reason, the atmosphere there is always cracked up several notches when Wales are playing rugby there. I saw the article on the BBC last night and I am sure the words they used were "Best RUGBY stadium in the World" and they aren't far wrong.

I've been there many a time, and I'll miss out the 2 visits with the Swans because to me, and many on here, it's hard to be impartial when it comes to the Swans. Several stand out occasions though. Wales 2-1 Italy was amazing, by far the best atmosphere I have experienced when it comes to a football match there.

I was there when Wales beat France for the Grand Slam, again, absolutely amazing, I swear the place was actually rocking towards the last 10 minutes, and I'm not even Welsh!

Calzaghe v Kessler, just dreadful! Would've been as well watching it at home, couldn't see f**k all, and folk kipping everywhere due to the late hour and too much ale.

Liverpool v Chelsea, Community shield match, dreadful atmosphere, quiet and flat. Despite not being a bad match.

It's nearly always a better atmosphere when it comes to Rugby, and I would say that the MIllennium and Twickenham are the two best RUGBY grounds I have visited. Murrayfield is great as well...but well behind the other two.

Millenium Stadium is fantastic for watching rugby, above the bottom seating which is fecking awfull if stuck up the back, you lose sight of the ball in the air which spoils the game for me, last time we were there in November, I moved after 15 mins to upper tiers and it was great, great pubs around there and plenty of eateries, Twickers not for me, been there twice once a corporate visit and once with mates, both good days, but give me Cardiff every time.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 11:33 - May 28 with 1541 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 11:25 - May 28 by max936

Millenium Stadium is fantastic for watching rugby, above the bottom seating which is fecking awfull if stuck up the back, you lose sight of the ball in the air which spoils the game for me, last time we were there in November, I moved after 15 mins to upper tiers and it was great, great pubs around there and plenty of eateries, Twickers not for me, been there twice once a corporate visit and once with mates, both good days, but give me Cardiff every time.

Yep absolutely spot on.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:01 - May 28 with 1520 viewsraynor94

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 11:25 - May 28 by max936

Never ceases to amaze me how bitter and twisted some of our fans get once the word Cardiff is mentioned, it's a great stadium and have enjoyed every time I've been there, great atmosphere, great pubs a great day out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:13 - May 28 with 1510 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:01 - May 28 by raynor94

Never ceases to amaze me how bitter and twisted some of our fans get once the word Cardiff is mentioned, it's a great stadium and have enjoyed every time I've been there, great atmosphere, great pubs a great day out

Well I wasn't getting bitter and twisted even slightly. As I said, it's a fine stadium, but best in the world? That's just stupid.

That has nothing to do with how good a day out it is. I love it for rugby, pretty much hate it for football (apart from the odd match). But as a stadium? Emirates is in a different class - that is an unbelievably good stadium but has a poor atmosphere half of the time - that's just because of the fan though. For atmosphere, I prefer Wembley, as that rolling wave of sound you get there doesn't happen in Cardiff (because of the missing bit I guess).

It is possible not to think that something in Cardiff isn't the 'best in the world' without being bitter and twisted.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:16 - May 28 with 1501 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:01 - May 28 by raynor94

Another one absolutely spot on. Common theme this!
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:18 - May 28 with 1497 viewsscottishjack

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:13 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Well I wasn't getting bitter and twisted even slightly. As I said, it's a fine stadium, but best in the world? That's just stupid.

That has nothing to do with how good a day out it is. I love it for rugby, pretty much hate it for football (apart from the odd match). But as a stadium? Emirates is in a different class - that is an unbelievably good stadium but has a poor atmosphere half of the time - that's just because of the fan though. For atmosphere, I prefer Wembley, as that rolling wave of sound you get there doesn't happen in Cardiff (because of the missing bit I guess).

It is possible not to think that something in Cardiff isn't the 'best in the world' without being bitter and twisted.

The wording on the BBC was "One of the best rugby stadiums in the world", I can't see much wrong with that statement to be honest.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:19 - May 28 with 1495 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:13 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Our National media bigging up our National Stadium Lisa, surely nothing wrong in that?
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:22 - May 28 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:18 - May 28 by scottishjack

The wording on the BBC was "One of the best rugby stadiums in the world", I can't see much wrong with that statement to be honest.

Neither can I - I was just responding to the original post that stated they had said it was the best stadium in the world which it patently isn't. If they didn't say that then I don't disagree with them. I would agree that it's one of the best rugby stadiums in the world, albeit that I've only ever been to four international stadiums that I can think of.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:26 - May 28 with 1481 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:19 - May 28 by ScoobyDoo

Our National media bigging up our National Stadium Lisa, surely nothing wrong in that?

One of the great joys of living in London Scooby, is never having to listen to anything that BBC Wales say on any topic. Nor any other Welsh media outlets for that matter (and I include the Post in that as well).

You know from past experience that I am the last person on here to be remotely bitter & twisted about Cardiff due to football issues. I am as rational as it gets on that topic.

But I do think that the obsession with Cardiff as a city being portrayed as 'world class' by the Welsh media is laughable. I like Cardiff as a city, but honestly.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:37 - May 28 with 1463 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:26 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

One of the great joys of living in London Scooby, is never having to listen to anything that BBC Wales say on any topic. Nor any other Welsh media outlets for that matter (and I include the Post in that as well).

You know from past experience that I am the last person on here to be remotely bitter & twisted about Cardiff due to football issues. I am as rational as it gets on that topic.

But I do think that the obsession with Cardiff as a city being portrayed as 'world class' by the Welsh media is laughable. I like Cardiff as a city, but honestly.

Look I am not suggesting for a minute that you are bitter and twisted , far from it Lisa.The Stadium is ideally situated for reasons that have been already mentioned. The Welsh Media will always big it up, forget the location, I would hope the would do the same wherever it was built. Come the Belgian game in two weeks I dare say there will be a lot of supporters drinking in town and would only be too glad to see the game played there rather than traipsing a mile down the road to our ground.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:47 - May 28 with 1450 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:37 - May 28 by ScoobyDoo

Look I am not suggesting for a minute that you are bitter and twisted , far from it Lisa.The Stadium is ideally situated for reasons that have been already mentioned. The Welsh Media will always big it up, forget the location, I would hope the would do the same wherever it was built. Come the Belgian game in two weeks I dare say there will be a lot of supporters drinking in town and would only be too glad to see the game played there rather than traipsing a mile down the road to our ground.

I am very pleased the game is being played at yours Scooby rather than the Millennium. As I said before, with only a couple of exceptions, I really don't like it for football and it seems the team don't either.

The situation of the ground and its convenience probably depends on where you are coming from! I've been caught a few times having to drive home because the train services can't get me back to London after a night game. That Russia match for one - I rather wished I hadn't bothered after that one!

As for the Welsh media bigging up stuff wherever it is in Wales - hmm - not so sure on that one to be honest :-)
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 13:02 - May 28 with 1422 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 12:47 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I am very pleased the game is being played at yours Scooby rather than the Millennium. As I said before, with only a couple of exceptions, I really don't like it for football and it seems the team don't either.

The situation of the ground and its convenience probably depends on where you are coming from! I've been caught a few times having to drive home because the train services can't get me back to London after a night game. That Russia match for one - I rather wished I hadn't bothered after that one!

As for the Welsh media bigging up stuff wherever it is in Wales - hmm - not so sure on that one to be honest :-)

Look you have obviously got an issue with Media Wales so fair enough we will have to agree to disagree on that one. Transport out of Cardiff can be a problem, suppose it's knowing where to park by car and on a train, well probably for night game it's better to stop over for the night.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 13:15 - May 28 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 13:02 - May 28 by ScoobyDoo

Look you have obviously got an issue with Media Wales so fair enough we will have to agree to disagree on that one. Transport out of Cardiff can be a problem, suppose it's knowing where to park by car and on a train, well probably for night game it's better to stop over for the night.

Yes - I think they're laughable :-)

I always find parking ok actually - I have always parked around Sophia Gardens - would just prefer not to drive so I can have a glass of wine or three !

As I said - I have no problem with the stadium at all - I think it's fine albeit not very comfortable. But I still think Wembley is better and that the Emirates is the best stadium in this country by a mile.
BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 13:43 - May 28 with 1381 viewsScoobyDoo

BBC Wales News RE: Millenium Stadium on 13:15 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Yes - I think they're laughable :-)

I always find parking ok actually - I have always parked around Sophia Gardens - would just prefer not to drive so I can have a glass of wine or three !

As I said - I have no problem with the stadium at all - I think it's fine albeit not very comfortable. But I still think Wembley is better and that the Emirates is the best stadium in this country by a mile.

I knew you'd agree with me in the end!😆
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024