Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is next season the most important in our history? 10:45 - May 28 with 1797 viewsbermudajack

With the TV monies guaranteeing our financial future
Possible upgrading of academy to Cat 1
Possible ground expansion
Maintaining this season's on field achievements
Improving the playing squad

Keeping hold of our best players for as long as possible...

Should we be throwing silly money at this? I fear a lot of clubs will be and suffer as a result...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Is next season the most important in our history? on 10:58 - May 28 with 1772 viewsscottishjack

It was the same thing a couple of years ago with the new Sky deal on that occasion. It is important no doubt, but not sure about the most important in our history.

Upgrade of the academy seems to be underway, and for me is one of the most important legacies of our time in the Premier League. Look at the facilities we have these days compared to a few years back! Along with the other facilities that have/are being built, the club deserve enormous credit for looking after the future of our club whatever happens.

Ground expansion... Who honestly knows on that one?

Maintaining this years achievements... We all hope so after an amazing season, personally I think we are in good shape to remain top half/mid table, again who knows though?

Improving the squad, as per usual, I am sure that the club and management have their targets, as well as keeping hold of the best players. Again as usual, I am sure there will be arrivals/departures that we don't all agree with, for whatever reasons. Happily we are in a position of strength when it comes to selling and buying players.

And finally, no! Let's never, ever get in the rut of throwing money away, if the worst case scenario come to pass and we had a disaster of a season, I trust the people running our club to make sure we would still be in a strong position to bounce back and challenge in the championship. There are no guarantees in football, and that is one of the most important things to remember.
Is next season the most important in our history? on 11:43 - May 28 with 1729 viewsClinton

Its overstating things to say its the most important in our history. The 'survival' season, the play-off season, and first season back seem more important to me to be honest.

We dont need to throw silly money around.

First priority is keeping the current squad together, it is good enough to survive as it stands.
Second priority is to continue building the squad for the future with 2 or 3 quality players, only if they become available at the right price and contract terms.

That's it really, the rest are 'nice to have'.

I'm all for stadium expansion, but a cold-hearted look at the finances shows it should not impinge on the priorities above. Its no contest. In 2016-2017, the money for equivalent league position and TV appearances would be £130 million (using a figure from another thread on here). For 6000 extra seats, the income would be approximately 3 million (based on a £500 season ticket).

We should keep building facilities of course, but make sure they do not cloud the true priorities.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is next season the most important in our history? on 11:57 - May 28 with 1702 viewsbuilthjack

With stadium expansion there must be a huge company out there willing to pay good money for the naming rights, say £250 a year for the next 20 years. Get grants off the ground improvents people and that would go a fair way towards it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is next season the most important in our history? on 13:26 - May 28 with 1631 viewsUxbridge

To answer the title, not even close.

The money will always go up. The longer we stay in the division the stronger the infrastructure of the club will get. In that context one season is no more important than the other.

As for the last line, absolutely not. I'd rather hoped we'd learned our lessons.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Is next season the most important in our history? on 13:32 - May 28 with 1614 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Plain & simple yes it is .

So far ! Apart from staying in the league of course.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is next season the most important in our history? on 14:48 - May 28 with 1578 viewsDr_Winston

Is next season the most important in our history? on 11:43 - May 28 by Clinton

Its overstating things to say its the most important in our history. The 'survival' season, the play-off season, and first season back seem more important to me to be honest.

We dont need to throw silly money around.

First priority is keeping the current squad together, it is good enough to survive as it stands.
Second priority is to continue building the squad for the future with 2 or 3 quality players, only if they become available at the right price and contract terms.

That's it really, the rest are 'nice to have'.

I'm all for stadium expansion, but a cold-hearted look at the finances shows it should not impinge on the priorities above. Its no contest. In 2016-2017, the money for equivalent league position and TV appearances would be £130 million (using a figure from another thread on here). For 6000 extra seats, the income would be approximately 3 million (based on a £500 season ticket).

We should keep building facilities of course, but make sure they do not cloud the true priorities.

The true priority is for SCFC to continue growing and developing as a club. We cannot do that without a stadium expansion, regardless of the cost/income involved.

That we have still not done so despite being on the verge of entering our fifth consecutive season at this level is massively disappointing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is next season the most important in our history? on 15:48 - May 28 with 1540 viewscrackerjack

To me the most important season was the "survival" season.... and will be for many years to come regardless of where we are. Everything we have achieved since was only possible due to 'that' win against Hull (IMHO).

I'm also totally with the good Dr. on the issue of stadium expansion. We are really running the risk of alienating new fans by not providing the extra capacity for them to attend in person. Whereas an outright purchase of the Liberty may or may not be the correct way forward, an increase in capacity to around 27k is vital for us to grow as a club.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:22 - May 28 with 1458 viewsGlyn1

Everyone agrees that it's not even close to being our most important season.

It's a statistical oddity that no team has ever been relegated in their 5th season in the PL. The danger years are 1st, 2nd and 3rd by a very long way. If we were relegated we'd be the richest club in the Championship and very well equipped to go straight back.

If 'little ole Crystal Palace' are going to expand their stadium - which God knows they need - then we should be equally decisive.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 20:24]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:26 - May 28 with 1444 viewsNeath_Jack

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:22 - May 28 by Glyn1

Everyone agrees that it's not even close to being our most important season.

It's a statistical oddity that no team has ever been relegated in their 5th season in the PL. The danger years are 1st, 2nd and 3rd by a very long way. If we were relegated we'd be the richest club in the Championship and very well equipped to go straight back.

If 'little ole Crystal Palace' are going to expand their stadium - which God knows they need - then we should be equally decisive.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 20:24]

That's f*cked it then. We always break those sort of statistics, if someone hasn't scored for 3 years, they score against us, if a team is on a massive losing streak, they beat us, etc,etc.

Relegation in our 5th season it is then.

And no, not even close to being our most important game in our history, to answer the OP.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:31 - May 28 with 1435 viewsmax936

Was in ticket office today and asked about the expansion and girl told me it may happen at end of season 2016/17 if at all, so any expansion doesn't look good at the moment,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:48 - May 28 with 1420 viewsplasjack

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:31 - May 28 by max936

Was in ticket office today and asked about the expansion and girl told me it may happen at end of season 2016/17 if at all, so any expansion doesn't look good at the moment,

Next time in ticket office can you ask the same girl the lottery numbers for me.
Is next season the most important in our history? on 21:37 - May 28 with 1380 viewsNeath_Jack

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:31 - May 28 by max936

Beyond a joke now mate, it's like Fred Karno's circus are planning the f*cking thing. Wouldn't surprise me if it never got built now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is next season the most important in our history? on 21:52 - May 28 with 1360 viewsmax936

Is next season the most important in our history? on 20:48 - May 28 by plasjack

Next time in ticket office can you ask the same girl the lottery numbers for me.

She's given me tomorrows, but she said there's no guarantees

Is next season the most important in our history? on 21:55 - May 28 with 1356 viewsmax936

Is next season the most important in our history? on 21:37 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

Beyond a joke now mate, it's like Fred Karno's circus are planning the f*cking thing. Wouldn't surprise me if it never got built now.

One bit of positive news that she did give me, was if it doesn't go ahead I'll get my 100quid back

Is next season the most important in our history? on 14:19 - Jun 3 with 1207 viewswhiterock

Stability is so important, expansion will happen
Is next season the most important in our history? on 18:53 - Jun 3 with 1116 viewsStarsky

To the OP.

It's the most important season for the agents and the players wages.
That's about it really.

I'm so happy for them.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024