Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... 11:58 - May 28 with 18459 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sky sports are reporting what many thought could happen ... http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:04 - May 28 with 7559 viewsscottishjack

I've got a feeling that it is already a case of us getting the best deal we can for him. I also think he would do well at Arsenal if that's where he goes.

Best case scenario is that we get our transfer business sorted out as soon as possible and go into pre-season with a solid squad ready to go, the less uncertainty come July the better.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:11 - May 28 with 7500 viewsmacthejack

Arsenal are absolutely overrun with central midfielders.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:14 - May 28 with 7481 viewsbluenile

I may well be wrong, but I don't see this happening.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:15 - May 28 with 7470 viewslondonlisa2001

I just cannot see where he would play in their team?

So it'd be a choice of bench for them, or playing for us - depends what he wants. Bench for them would be my bet.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:30 - May 28 with 7398 viewsDarran

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:15 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I just cannot see where he would play in their team?

So it'd be a choice of bench for them, or playing for us - depends what he wants. Bench for them would be my bet.

Well for a lot more money of course it would.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:41 - May 28 with 7310 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:30 - May 28 by Darran

Well for a lot more money of course it would.

Even for the same money I suspect it would Darr. There are other players that I wouldn't necessarily think would make the same decision. Some are less swayed by the prestige and want to play week in and week out. It's only a feeling with Ki because of what his father has said and so on - I think the 'big name' would be very important to him.

It is what it is - I would rather we kept Ki of course, and as I said, I can't see why they would want him (not because of his quality, because of their current squad).
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:47 - May 28 with 7267 viewsDarran

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:41 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Even for the same money I suspect it would Darr. There are other players that I wouldn't necessarily think would make the same decision. Some are less swayed by the prestige and want to play week in and week out. It's only a feeling with Ki because of what his father has said and so on - I think the 'big name' would be very important to him.

It is what it is - I would rather we kept Ki of course, and as I said, I can't see why they would want him (not because of his quality, because of their current squad).

Fair point Lis.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:54 - May 28 with 7215 viewsClinton

Evidently, they scouted him 3 years ago, before we signed him. Long-term admirers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2185102/Arsenal-target-Celtic-

Despite a lot of really top midfielders, I dont think they have a player of Ki's type. He's obviously got the class.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 12:56]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:04 - May 28 with 7124 viewssomersetsimon

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:04 - May 28 by scottishjack

I've got a feeling that it is already a case of us getting the best deal we can for him. I also think he would do well at Arsenal if that's where he goes.

Best case scenario is that we get our transfer business sorted out as soon as possible and go into pre-season with a solid squad ready to go, the less uncertainty come July the better.

I really like Ki, but wouldn't begrudge him a move to a Champions League club. I could live with a first choice midfield of Cork, Shelvey and Gylfi and I expect we'll see a lot more of Grimes next season.
Are there any ready made replacements for Ki that we could pick up for our preferred fee of about £5M - £7M?

What would we want from Arsenal - £20M?
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:04 - May 28 with 7123 viewsDull1Thomas

He'll have been with us for 3 years and the only one we've had European football is when he was at Sunderland. While it may happen or may not, I can see him looking at Champions League football again and the increase in pay and go for it.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:19 - May 28 with 7025 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:04 - May 28 by somersetsimon

I really like Ki, but wouldn't begrudge him a move to a Champions League club. I could live with a first choice midfield of Cork, Shelvey and Gylfi and I expect we'll see a lot more of Grimes next season.
Are there any ready made replacements for Ki that we could pick up for our preferred fee of about £5M - £7M?

What would we want from Arsenal - £20M?

What position is Grimes?

Ki's position or Gylfi's? He seemed to play both at Exeter and for the England 20s team.

By the way - I can't see us getting £20m for Ki (or rather, I can't see Arsenal paying £20m for him).
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:21 - May 28 with 7006 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:04 - May 28 by Dull1Thomas

He'll have been with us for 3 years and the only one we've had European football is when he was at Sunderland. While it may happen or may not, I can see him looking at Champions League football again and the increase in pay and go for it.

The issue is that at some point, in order for us to progress to getting European football, we'll have to start keeping players like Ki however much we're offered for them, and however much they want to go.

He did sign a new deal this season didn't he?
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:39 - May 28 with 6921 viewsFlashberryjack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:21 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

The issue is that at some point, in order for us to progress to getting European football, we'll have to start keeping players like Ki however much we're offered for them, and however much they want to go.

He did sign a new deal this season didn't he?

That's never going to happen.....if a player wants to go there's not a lot we can do about it however determined we might be to keep him.
They always seem to get their own way eventually, but do I agree with your sentiments though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:43 - May 28 with 6894 viewsZut_Alors

Sure Leon can do a job for us as backup DM. I would go in for Tom C if Ki goes.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:45 - May 28 with 6882 viewsmagicdaps10

If Arsenal are serious and want him then he is off.

Its down to the best deal we can get, signed a new contract about 9 months back so i would say 15-18M would be about correct.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:02 - May 28 with 6792 viewstomdickharry

Ki our for £12M and wait for it Jo Allen in for £8M.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:11 - May 28 with 6741 viewsswanduck

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:39 - May 28 by Flashberryjack

That's never going to happen.....if a player wants to go there's not a lot we can do about it however determined we might be to keep him.
They always seem to get their own way eventually, but do I agree with your sentiments though.

Saints kept Schneiderlin last summer and it turned out okay
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:11 - May 28 with 6740 viewsmagicdaps10

If Ki was to go then i think Joe Allen in return would be excellent, wouldnt scoff at having DeGuzman back either.

Ki is excellent at retaining the ball and moving it quickly, both DeGuzman and Allen are the same type of player.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:12 - May 28 with 6730 viewsmonmouth

If Arsenal want any of our players they are gone. Does make me laugh though. When he went to Sunderland nobody here or anywhere else really gave a f*ck. Now Arsenal are 'long time admirers'. Tossers.

The more successful we become the more this will happen. May as well get used to the fact anyone with us that does well in the meejah's eyes for a season will polish the bench and 'fight for a place' at a top 4 club. We should do what Southampton do though and demand top dollar. Speculation on Siggy being Rodgered will be next.

Luckily everyone outside the club seems to hate JJS and hasn't noticed he's been our best outfield player for ages.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:15 - May 28 with 6705 viewsbluenile

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:43 - May 28 by Zut_Alors

Sure Leon can do a job for us as backup DM. I would go in for Tom C if Ki goes.

Seriously?????

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:19 - May 28 with 6693 viewsJackSomething

For those saying Arsenal don't need him, I disagree. Arsenal are overloaded with attacking midfielders (Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Ozil), but lacking when it comes to defensive midfield:

Arteta - getting old and not a natural defensive mid.
Flamini - getting old and not good enough
DIaby - always injured

Ki played well for us in that role before we signed Cork, although I think his strongest position is the 'bridge' midfielder, especially with his new-found scoring ability. Is he good enough for Arsenal as a defensive midfielder? I'm not sure personally.

If he's wanted by them, he'll be off. His new contract gives us more bargaining power (as long as there are no minimum fee release clauses) and I'd like to see us aim towards £20m, although will likely end up closer to £15m.

He'd be a loss, but I'm confident we could replace him comfortably with less than half what we get for him. There's an argument that he'll face a battle with Shelvey for first 11 status next season anyway.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:57 - May 28 with 6498 viewsDr_Winston

Wouldn't compare Ki to Flamini or Diaby. He's probably closer to Arteta, but even then he's probably more comfortable further forward.

If you're gonna compare him to anyone in Arsenal's midfield he's more like a Wilshere or a Ramsey. Not as out and out attacking as Cazorla or Sanchez, but not as defensive at the others mentioned either.

If Wenger has tired of dealing with Wilshere then there might be some legs in this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 15:00 - May 28 with 6488 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:02 - May 28 by tomdickharry

Ki our for £12M and wait for it Jo Allen in for £8M.

Have you made that up or is that an actual possibility?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen back with us as it happens, which is why I ask. There was some rumour a while ago that he and his wife wanted to return, but as with all these things, hard to know whether there is any substance in it.

I think Ki is a tremendous asset as he is probably best in that linking role, but also can do a good job as defensive MF if Cork is not available. I guess he and JJS play in the same position, with JJS being flexible the other way (link and attacking).
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 15:23 - May 28 with 6390 viewsFar_Post

I think if Arsenal came in with an offer of £11 million plus for Ki then we would find that difficult to turn down. It doubles the money we forked out on him and enables us the freedom to find a replacement.

Obviously Wenger was impressed with the defensive job he did on them at the Emirates.

Blog: The C Word

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:01 - May 28 with 6086 viewsGeoffThom

12m and throw in arteta who could be useful for a couple of seasons or if they have any other useful swaps ,this reminds me of the Spurs deals last year were we got siggy in the deal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024