Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... 11:58 - May 28 with 18493 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sky sports are reporting what many thought could happen ... http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:04 - May 28 with 2649 viewsSilverSurfer

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:11 - May 28 by magicdaps10

If Ki was to go then i think Joe Allen in return would be excellent, wouldnt scoff at having DeGuzman back either.

Ki is excellent at retaining the ball and moving it quickly, both DeGuzman and Allen are the same type of player.

Joe Allen wouldn't come back to us given the comments and interviews he's given he sees himself well beyond us now so I couldn't see him slumming in here unless he had no other options
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:06 - May 28 with 2632 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:19 - May 28 by JackSomething

For those saying Arsenal don't need him, I disagree. Arsenal are overloaded with attacking midfielders (Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Ozil), but lacking when it comes to defensive midfield:

Arteta - getting old and not a natural defensive mid.
Flamini - getting old and not good enough
DIaby - always injured

Ki played well for us in that role before we signed Cork, although I think his strongest position is the 'bridge' midfielder, especially with his new-found scoring ability. Is he good enough for Arsenal as a defensive midfielder? I'm not sure personally.

If he's wanted by them, he'll be off. His new contract gives us more bargaining power (as long as there are no minimum fee release clauses) and I'd like to see us aim towards £20m, although will likely end up closer to £15m.

He'd be a loss, but I'm confident we could replace him comfortably with less than half what we get for him. There's an argument that he'll face a battle with Shelvey for first 11 status next season anyway.

Coquelin?
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:08 - May 28 with 2612 viewsJackSomething

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:57 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't compare Ki to Flamini or Diaby. He's probably closer to Arteta, but even then he's probably more comfortable further forward.

If you're gonna compare him to anyone in Arsenal's midfield he's more like a Wilshere or a Ramsey. Not as out and out attacking as Cazorla or Sanchez, but not as defensive at the others mentioned either.

If Wenger has tired of dealing with Wilshere then there might be some legs in this.

I think he's better in the middle of a 3-man midfield, but he did show his qualities in the defensive role in the first half of the season. IF this interest is genuine, I think Wenger is looking at him as a defensive midfielder. Wenger will never sign a 'spoiler' in that position, so a ball-playing midfielder like Ki in the position is the next best thing.

I'd be shocked if he wanted him to play further forward, even if he is ticked off with Wilshere. They have an embarrassment of riches in that part of the field.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:10 - May 28 with 2601 viewsJackSomething

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:06 - May 28 by JethroJack

Coquelin?

B*gger, forgot about him. Competition for Coquelin then.

Or, more likely, this is all a load of b*llocks. My opinion and the link with Arsenal...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:12 - May 28 with 2590 viewsUxbridge

If the rumours of Ramsey to Barca have any legs (and I must admit I find them a bit ludicrous) then you could see Ki as someone they'd look to bring in to their midfield ... not quite like for like, but might give them better balance.

Ki's the one that worries me. I think some of our other big hitters have been put off moving elsewhere, but he's not had the blot on his copybook yet.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:25 - May 28 with 2522 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:10 - May 28 by JackSomething

B*gger, forgot about him. Competition for Coquelin then.

Or, more likely, this is all a load of b*llocks. My opinion and the link with Arsenal...

Coquelin's currently in possession of the DM shirt and (like you) I hope the interest in Ki is a load of bollox too.

It's a shame that Bosman was ever born, without him we wouldn't have "player-power" & would probably make even faster progress than we've managed so far.

Guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer for Champions League
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:27 - May 28 with 2508 viewsJackfath

If he does go I can't wait to fawn over him and clap furiously if he scores against us next season!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:34 - May 28 with 2465 viewsJethroJack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:27 - May 28 by Jackfath

If he does go I can't wait to fawn over him and clap furiously if he scores against us next season!

He's more likely to be warming the bench....but you can still applaud him furiously when he does his touchline warm-up....and then returns again to warm the bench, before coming on for a token 5 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:42 - May 28 with 2429 viewsJackfath

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 17:34 - May 28 by JethroJack

He's more likely to be warming the bench....but you can still applaud him furiously when he does his touchline warm-up....and then returns again to warm the bench, before coming on for a token 5 minutes.

Marvellous, can't wait! It's great when our ex players come back to the Liberty - I really look forward to giving them a right royal welcome. Then I like nothing more than coming on here and moaning about our current players and manager.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:25 - May 28 with 2312 viewsCooperman

If he leaves I can see us holding off from reinvesting in another CM during the close season. I fancy we'll see how JS, JC, MG, and LB get on in the run up to Christmas.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 18:25]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:38 - May 28 with 2267 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:11 - May 28 by magicdaps10

If Ki was to go then i think Joe Allen in return would be excellent, wouldnt scoff at having DeGuzman back either.

Ki is excellent at retaining the ball and moving it quickly, both DeGuzman and Allen are the same type of player.

Give me Joe everyday over Deguzman, never has a player hidden so much in games and got away with it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:39 - May 28 with 2265 viewslonglostjack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 15:23 - May 28 by Far_Post

I think if Arsenal came in with an offer of £11 million plus for Ki then we would find that difficult to turn down. It doubles the money we forked out on him and enables us the freedom to find a replacement.

Obviously Wenger was impressed with the defensive job he did on them at the Emirates.

The marketing value in Korea should also be factored in. That's worth a fair bit.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:40 - May 28 with 2255 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 13:19 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

What position is Grimes?

Ki's position or Gylfi's? He seemed to play both at Exeter and for the England 20s team.

By the way - I can't see us getting £20m for Ki (or rather, I can't see Arsenal paying £20m for him).

Im told that Sheehan is every bit as good as Grimes if not better, but we didn't pay nearly 2 million for him, go figure.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:52 - May 28 with 2213 viewsairedale

Ki's wife, the film star, would like to live up the smoke imo. Or Manchester, she might end up with a part in Coronation Street!
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 19:03 - May 28 with 2176 viewsbuilthjack

They paid £10m for Arteta 4 years ago so Ki would have to be at least double that, then there's the Asian thing so would have to be £23-24m if he goes. Or don't sell. Simple.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 19:03 - May 28 with 2086 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:52 - May 28 by airedale

Ki's wife, the film star, would like to live up the smoke imo. Or Manchester, she might end up with a part in Coronation Street!

It was mentioned on here a few weeks back about his Father wanting him to play for Liverpool, its a non starter for me, a nothing to see here story, hope so anyway.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 19:41 - May 28 with 1990 viewsOldjack

Keeping hold of Ki Jeff Jon Jo and Fab might be a bit tricky over the silly season period

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:12 - May 28 with 1937 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:40 - May 28 by max936

Im told that Sheehan is every bit as good as Grimes if not better, but we didn't pay nearly 2 million for him, go figure.

I've heard he is a cracking player (Sheehan that is).

Still doesn't answer my question about Grimes' position though :-)
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:13 - May 28 with 1932 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 19:41 - May 28 by Oldjack

Keeping hold of Ki Jeff Jon Jo and Fab might be a bit tricky over the silly season period

I think Fab will stay, whoever comes in (famous last words). He seems to love his life in Gower and has had his fill of sitting on a bench perhaps.

I also think Jeff and Jonjo will stay. Ki is the most likely to go I would imagine.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:17 - May 28 with 1913 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:12 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I've heard he is a cracking player (Sheehan that is).

Still doesn't answer my question about Grimes' position though :-)

Attacking mid/centre mid.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:24 - May 28 with 1884 viewsNeath_Jack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 18:40 - May 28 by max936

I've only seen bits and bobs of Sheehan, but i watched the U21's play off the other week and he was one of the stand out players, surprised me to be honest.

I'll be shocked if both Ki and JJS are here next season, If we had to sell one of our "stars", i'd probably pick Ki actually.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:41 - May 28 with 1836 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:24 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

I've only seen bits and bobs of Sheehan, but i watched the U21's play off the other week and he was one of the stand out players, surprised me to be honest.

I'll be shocked if both Ki and JJS are here next season, If we had to sell one of our "stars", i'd probably pick Ki actually.

I'd pick Ki to go rather than Jonjo as well (which I didn't think I'd say even a few months ago), although I really like Ki.

Jonjo's attitude seems to have completely changed recently, and his game is unrecognisable as a result.

A few people have been raving about Sheehan as a talent. that young kid Copp as well that has been given a contract. I've never seen him, so have no idea.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:57 - May 28 with 1783 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:41 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I'd pick Ki to go rather than Jonjo as well (which I didn't think I'd say even a few months ago), although I really like Ki.

Jonjo's attitude seems to have completely changed recently, and his game is unrecognisable as a result.

A few people have been raving about Sheehan as a talent. that young kid Copp as well that has been given a contract. I've never seen him, so have no idea.

I had arranged to go and watch the U21 game, but had to go to a hossie appointment with my youngest and was home later than I'd hoped and being honest I wanted to watch the 2nd leg or Real Madrid v Juventus game, my bad, mate told me last Saturday that it was a great game and Sheehan was superb, going to try and get and see them next season, be great to see the players waiting in the wings for their chance to star for the first team.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:31 - May 28 with 1725 viewslondonlisa2001

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 20:57 - May 28 by max936

I had arranged to go and watch the U21 game, but had to go to a hossie appointment with my youngest and was home later than I'd hoped and being honest I wanted to watch the 2nd leg or Real Madrid v Juventus game, my bad, mate told me last Saturday that it was a great game and Sheehan was superb, going to try and get and see them next season, be great to see the players waiting in the wings for their chance to star for the first team.

I used to really enjoy going to see the reserve matches when I was in Swansea. Obviously don't now, but it would be great to see some of our young players coming through the ranks.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:41 - May 28 with 1694 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:31 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I used to really enjoy going to see the reserve matches when I was in Swansea. Obviously don't now, but it would be great to see some of our young players coming through the ranks.

I hope we do soon enough, be a great shame if Josh Sheehan doesn't get his chances, if reports are true about the comparison between him and Matt Grimes, although there's a 1.75 million transfer fee between them, cream always rises to the top though, that's not to say Grimes isn't a good player mind as from what I've seen he looks a confident capable player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024