Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... 11:58 - May 28 with 18494 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sky sports are reporting what many thought could happen ... http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:44 - May 28 with 2714 viewsNeath_Jack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:41 - May 28 by max936

I hope we do soon enough, be a great shame if Josh Sheehan doesn't get his chances, if reports are true about the comparison between him and Matt Grimes, although there's a 1.75 million transfer fee between them, cream always rises to the top though, that's not to say Grimes isn't a good player mind as from what I've seen he looks a confident capable player.

I'll be Surprised if Gorre and Hanley don't play in a fair few cup games next season, i'd say those pair are most likely to break into the firsts. Not including Grimes/Fulton etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:47 - May 28 with 2703 viewsmax936

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 21:44 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

I'll be Surprised if Gorre and Hanley don't play in a fair few cup games next season, i'd say those pair are most likely to break into the firsts. Not including Grimes/Fulton etc.

I knew we should have pushed harder for Europe, thy could have had plenty of game time then

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 22:02 - May 28 with 2659 viewsLeonisGod

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:57 - May 28 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't compare Ki to Flamini or Diaby. He's probably closer to Arteta, but even then he's probably more comfortable further forward.

If you're gonna compare him to anyone in Arsenal's midfield he's more like a Wilshere or a Ramsey. Not as out and out attacking as Cazorla or Sanchez, but not as defensive at the others mentioned either.

If Wenger has tired of dealing with Wilshere then there might be some legs in this.

Rumours that Ramsey might be on his way. Maybe Ki's viewed as his replacement if that move happens? It would make sense.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 22:05 - May 28 with 2636 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 14:12 - May 28 by monmouth

If Arsenal want any of our players they are gone. Does make me laugh though. When he went to Sunderland nobody here or anywhere else really gave a f*ck. Now Arsenal are 'long time admirers'. Tossers.

The more successful we become the more this will happen. May as well get used to the fact anyone with us that does well in the meejah's eyes for a season will polish the bench and 'fight for a place' at a top 4 club. We should do what Southampton do though and demand top dollar. Speculation on Siggy being Rodgered will be next.

Luckily everyone outside the club seems to hate JJS and hasn't noticed he's been our best outfield player for ages.

indeed he has

Ki is off
[Post edited 28 May 2015 22:08]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 22:09 - May 28 with 2619 viewsyogibear_412

I was really glad I went to see the u21s at the Liberty. I'll def be trying to get to more games next season. Kenji Gorre stood out for me, pace, power and eye for goal. Sheehan is a smooth and silky player who looks decent! Grimes seemed like he had more time than everyone else on the pitch but I thought he'd dominate more.

Back to ki....

15 million plus serge gnabry please!!
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 01:24 - May 29 with 2432 viewsScoobyWho

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 12:54 - May 28 by Clinton

Evidently, they scouted him 3 years ago, before we signed him. Long-term admirers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2185102/Arsenal-target-Celtic-

Despite a lot of really top midfielders, I dont think they have a player of Ki's type. He's obviously got the class.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 12:56]

I've always found the 'other' clubs in the league including Carsiff last year banging on about how they 'scouted' a player. If Arsenals so called and alleged scouting of Ki is true why didn't they come in with a cheap offer when he was surplus to requirements ?

Then there's West Ham banging on about how they scouted Gomis.
Then there's Cardiff banging on about how they scouted Montero.
Then the five clubs who 'looked' at Michu ........

It's almost as if these clubs don't want to be seen as not having the abilty to spot players.

And then there's the bullsh1t, and crap, and rubbish and lies.

Tell Arsenal he is 23 million. Or fck off.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 1:26]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 03:14 - May 29 with 2392 viewsWanderer

i am afraid of the "scotty sinclair syndrome" big global brand club turning head and the deciding factor - the missus!, bet she cannot wait to drag hubby up to london.
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 06:55 - May 29 with 2324 viewsAnotherJohn

I have my doubts that the substance on this story, but it is inevitable that there will be interest in some of our stars. What worries me about Ki leaving is the dip in form we suffered when he was away for the Asian Cup. If we do sell it will be absolutely imperative to buy a proven replacement and that won't come cheap. I think those who are talking about eiher Sheehan or Grimes slotting straight is as a replacement haven't been paying attention. If we survive next season then the really big TV money kicks in and the long-term future of the club becomes immensely stronger. There is so much at stake that we cannot afford to gamble on youth - Huw is not that stupid.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 8:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:14 - May 29 with 2298 viewsSwansNZ

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 06:55 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

I have my doubts that the substance on this story, but it is inevitable that there will be interest in some of our stars. What worries me about Ki leaving is the dip in form we suffered when he was away for the Asian Cup. If we do sell it will be absolutely imperative to buy a proven replacement and that won't come cheap. I think those who are talking about eiher Sheehan or Grimes slotting straight is as a replacement haven't been paying attention. If we survive next season then the really big TV money kicks in and the long-term future of the club becomes immensely stronger. There is so much at stake that we cannot afford to gamble on youth - Huw is not that stupid.

What dip in form was that?

Ki missed PL games...

West Ham (h) - draw
Chelsea (h) - can't remember
Southampton (a) - won

Edit - survive? You worried we'll get relegated? You can never say never, but I don't think there is any way we'll get relegated. I'm more hopeful of pushing for a Europa place.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 7:18]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:18 - May 29 with 2290 viewsNeath_Jack

He was left on the bench a few times towards the end of the season. Excellent player for us, but irreplaceable? Not a chance. Definitely wouldn't need to spend big to replace him either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:25 - May 29 with 2263 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ki-Sung-Yueng-Swansea-City-reject-Arsena

That's the end of that then

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:38 - May 29 with 2236 viewsJethroJack

...."cannot afford to gamble on youth".....
...."you'll never win anything with kids"
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:46 - May 29 with 2222 viewsNeath_Jack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:25 - May 29 by SwansNZ

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Ki-Sung-Yueng-Swansea-City-reject-Arsena

That's the end of that then

Club in denying that there is interest in their players shocker. Whatever next.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:25 - May 29 with 2162 viewsmonmouth

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 07:46 - May 29 by Neath_Jack

Club in denying that there is interest in their players shocker. Whatever next.

To fair, of the two, Schneiderlin is probably a lot more likely as they really have been interested there for a fair while. And of course it's Southampton so he must be a better, more valuable, player.

I think Ki will probably go somewhere though. All the noises seem to be pointing that way. If not Wenger then a desperate Brentan maybe, which will see Ki doing a Borini.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:26 - May 29 with 2152 viewsAnotherJohn

Re 'survive', please re-read my sentence; it just says that if we stay in the PL we get big bucks in 2016-17 - exactly the point Garry made last week.

Re the dip, I would say that eight goals shipped against Chelsea and Blackburn, and narrowly rescuing a point against West Ham, was a dip. I was at the Liberty for the two home games and we weren't great.

I stick to the point that thinking we can sell our big players and have the under-21s step up is a stretch that won't appeal to anybody who appreciates the financial importance of next season.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm doubtful about this story. There may be other suitors, but I am confident that that the board knows next season is huge,
[Post edited 29 May 2015 8:30]
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:30 - May 29 with 2127 viewsNeath_Jack

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:26 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Re 'survive', please re-read my sentence; it just says that if we stay in the PL we get big bucks in 2016-17 - exactly the point Garry made last week.

Re the dip, I would say that eight goals shipped against Chelsea and Blackburn, and narrowly rescuing a point against West Ham, was a dip. I was at the Liberty for the two home games and we weren't great.

I stick to the point that thinking we can sell our big players and have the under-21s step up is a stretch that won't appeal to anybody who appreciates the financial importance of next season.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm doubtful about this story. There may be other suitors, but I am confident that that the board knows next season is huge,
[Post edited 29 May 2015 8:30]

Every "next" season is going to be big bucks. Next year is no different from this, the previous, the next or 5 years time.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 09:25 - May 29 with 2037 viewsAnotherJohn

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:30 - May 29 by Neath_Jack

Every "next" season is going to be big bucks. Next year is no different from this, the previous, the next or 5 years time.

Head in the sand or just trying to be perverse?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31386483
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 09:58 - May 29 with 1969 viewsWarwickHunt

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 09:25 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Head in the sand or just trying to be perverse?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31386483

Do you think the TV money is going to plummet the following season then?
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 10:03 - May 29 with 1956 viewsmonmouth

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 09:58 - May 29 by WarwickHunt

Bit disappointed with that response to be honest. It was crying out for a "head up your arse or trying to be a prat". You're mellowing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 10:06 - May 29 with 1947 viewsmax936

Who said anything about them slotting straight in? a few cup games have been mentioned and hopefully a few sub appearances, if you've got promising young players they've got to be tested at some point otherwise what's the point.

There's a choice of two to replace Ki "if" he goes for me Morgan Sanson of Montpellier or Tonny Vilhena of Feyenoord.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 10:35 - May 29 with 1889 viewsWarwickHunt

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 10:03 - May 29 by monmouth

Bit disappointed with that response to be honest. It was crying out for a "head up your arse or trying to be a prat". You're mellowing.

It's my new 'hug a f*ckwit' approach. It won't last.

Edit: And then, as if by magic, one appears. While you're here, Dai, tell yer mam to stop changing her lipstick so often - my knob is starting to look like a f*cking rainbow.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 12:30]
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:12 - May 29 with 1809 viewsAnotherJohn

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 09:58 - May 29 by WarwickHunt

Don't quite follow the logic here. To many of us it is obvious that clubs that are in the EPL in 2016-17 when the big jump in TV money occurs are going to have a large advantage over then Championship clubs, The increased payment in that year represents a step change in finance rather than an incremental increase. No doubt the TV money will keep rising over time, but for those not in the magic circle in 2016-17 getting a slice of that increased income will be harder. That is why there is another thread asking whether next season is the most important in our history and why Garry said what he said:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9866186/monk-looking-to-ad

(those with short attention spans need to listen until near the end).
Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:16 - May 29 with 1795 viewsStarsky

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 08:30 - May 29 by Neath_Jack

Well said NJ.
I'm amazed by how many posters are saying the next season is especially crucial.

Have you noticed, the more prize money becoming available, the more our posters prattle on about survival?

We've turned into a bunch of accountants.

Me? I'm in it for the glory of football, not survival FFS.

It's just the internet, init.

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:18 - May 29 with 1782 viewsScoobyWho

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:16 - May 29 by Starsky

Well said NJ.
I'm amazed by how many posters are saying the next season is especially crucial.

Have you noticed, the more prize money becoming available, the more our posters prattle on about survival?

We've turned into a bunch of accountants.

Me? I'm in it for the glory of football, not survival FFS.

Yes Yes Yes !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:20 - May 29 with 1776 viewsStarsky

Arsenal Make an approach for Ki... on 11:12 - May 29 by AnotherJohn

Don't quite follow the logic here. To many of us it is obvious that clubs that are in the EPL in 2016-17 when the big jump in TV money occurs are going to have a large advantage over then Championship clubs, The increased payment in that year represents a step change in finance rather than an incremental increase. No doubt the TV money will keep rising over time, but for those not in the magic circle in 2016-17 getting a slice of that increased income will be harder. That is why there is another thread asking whether next season is the most important in our history and why Garry said what he said:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9866186/monk-looking-to-ad

(those with short attention spans need to listen until near the end).

With respect, I don't buy into that at all.

The gap between Premier & Championship clubs is so vast already.

Another top up isn't going to make that much difference.

All that's going to happen is the wages will be driven up by the players agents.

They are the ones who should be sprouting on about this.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024