Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou 13:24 - May 29 with 8625 viewsMarryGonk

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9868596/swansea-closing-in-on-sain

£3.5 million mentioned

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 13:54 - May 29 with 6919 viewsSwanjaxs

This will be announced imminently, Huw jetted out to France yesterday to complete the deal

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 17:21 - May 29 with 6611 viewsScoobyWho

I was reliably told he signed a pre deal last season, pending us not being relegated, looks like he is going to be the first announcement. Quality player, better than we have in Taylor and Naughton and can play across the back four.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:39 - May 29 with 6438 viewsBorojack

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 17:21 - May 29 by ScoobyWho

I was reliably told he signed a pre deal last season, pending us not being relegated, looks like he is going to be the first announcement. Quality player, better than we have in Taylor and Naughton and can play across the back four.

Hope your right how do you know he is better than Taylor then
have you seen him play not doubting he is any good I just find it intersting how posters on here know so much about relatively unknown foreign players.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:44 - May 29 with 6398 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:39 - May 29 by Borojack

Hope your right how do you know he is better than Taylor then
have you seen him play not doubting he is any good I just find it intersting how posters on here know so much about relatively unknown foreign players.

It's his foreign name, posters on this site, LOVE a footballer with a foreign name. Always have done. Bonkers innit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:50 - May 29 with 6380 viewsJethroJack

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 17:21 - May 29 by ScoobyWho

Across the back 4?
Thought he was all left-sided....full back, wing back, left midfield, left winger.....never trod on the right side of the pitch
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 20:47 - May 29 with 6251 viewsEdmundo

Hope we get him, seems like the type of player we need to solidify all the weak areas 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 20:57 - May 29 with 6210 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:50 - May 29 by JethroJack

Across the back 4?
Thought he was all left-sided....full back, wing back, left midfield, left winger.....never trod on the right side of the pitch

Same as the Everton lad, Tabanou is a utility player and has played in the centre and on the right in his career, however his preferred position is of course left back. For me, I think we are being quite clever as a club this close season, targeting players for specific positions but who can adapt if required when injuries hit.

As for wing / back, I am sure we both expect our full backs to have the ability to move the ball forwards and support the attack quickly. Taylor does this well.

As I said, we are learning so quickly as a club, this signing comes as no surprise. Quality.

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:07 - May 29 with 6174 viewsmax936

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 20:57 - May 29 by ScoobyWho

Same as the Everton lad, Tabanou is a utility player and has played in the centre and on the right in his career, however his preferred position is of course left back. For me, I think we are being quite clever as a club this close season, targeting players for specific positions but who can adapt if required when injuries hit.

As for wing / back, I am sure we both expect our full backs to have the ability to move the ball forwards and support the attack quickly. Taylor does this well.

As I said, we are learning so quickly as a club, this signing comes as no surprise. Quality.

Be a shame if Taylor drops to the bench for him, as Taylor has been very good for me particularly the second half of the season.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:15 - May 29 with 6133 viewsmorningstar

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 19:44 - May 29 by Neath_Jack

It's his foreign name, posters on this site, LOVE a footballer with a foreign name. Always have done. Bonkers innit.

It's not just the foreign name. I used to hate that boring Yorkshire guy Walter Boyd until I found out he was actually one of those Reggae boys. Then I though wow! he must be really cool!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:16 - May 29 with 6119 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:15 - May 29 by morningstar

It's not just the foreign name. I used to hate that boring Yorkshire guy Walter Boyd until I found out he was actually one of those Reggae boys. Then I though wow! he must be really cool!

That's a cracking story in fairness.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 00:45 - May 30 with 5860 viewsnyc_swans

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:07 - May 29 by max936

Be a shame if Taylor drops to the bench for him, as Taylor has been very good for me particularly the second half of the season.

i'd imagine taylor goes into next season first choice, and it's up to him to play well enough to hold it down, as it should be.
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 00:54 - May 30 with 5846 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:07 - May 29 by max936

Taylor would only drop out if Tabanou is better than him.
If Tabanou is better, then the team would be better.
If the team is better, would it really be a shame for Taylor to drop out?

No is the answer.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:06 - May 30 with 5723 viewsjacktar

It's a squad game and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him come on for Tayls second half and vice versa if he settles in well. It worked with Montero until we could see he was better than the competition in most respects and gets to start. Looks like a good signing imo.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:19 - May 30 with 5680 viewsblaine_scfc

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:06 - May 30 by jacktar

It's a squad game and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him come on for Tayls second half and vice versa if he settles in well. It worked with Montero until we could see he was better than the competition in most respects and gets to start. Looks like a good signing imo.

Would depend on opposition. If we are at home in a game we should be getting three points, then I would assume Tabanou would get the nod. Never seen him play, but according to the reviews I have seen, he is better going foward.

Of course on the flip side, when we are away from home and could come under the cosh, then Taylor can make us more solid at the back. Good signing hopefully, right sort of player anyway.
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:28 - May 30 with 5662 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 00:54 - May 30 by SwansNZ

Taylor would only drop out if Tabanou is better than him.
If Tabanou is better, then the team would be better.
If the team is better, would it really be a shame for Taylor to drop out?

No is the answer.

Agreed.

If Tabanou's not good enough to displace an obvious weak link like Taylor then it would be pointless bringing him in at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:36 - May 30 with 5630 viewsblaine_scfc

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:28 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

If Tabanou's not good enough to displace an obvious weak link like Taylor then it would be pointless bringing him in at all.

Disagree, Ben Davies was a weak link defensively, killed us at times last year. We have been solid all season with Taylor playing left back, our clean sheet record proves that.

** last year being 2013-14 season
[Post edited 30 May 2015 8:37]
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:45 - May 30 with 5593 viewsjackforever

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:28 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

Agreed.

Taylor aan obvious weak link? All about opinions and mine differs drastically to yours. Not many defensive fb in the country.
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:48 - May 30 with 5582 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 08:36 - May 30 by blaine_scfc

Disagree, Ben Davies was a weak link defensively, killed us at times last year. We have been solid all season with Taylor playing left back, our clean sheet record proves that.

** last year being 2013-14 season
[Post edited 30 May 2015 8:37]

Shit goalkeeping cost us defensively last season. Upgrading on Vorm has made much more of a difference than replacing Davies with Taylor.

Taylor's simply not good enough on the front foot to be the starting LB for a team with our ambitions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 10:12 - May 30 with 5445 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:15 - May 29 by morningstar

I couldn't wait to see Linton Brown after he signed for us. A cool Carribean master I thought, a goal grasbbing icon he surely would be.

Then they sent a chubby bloke from Yorkshire instead.

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 10:36 - May 30 with 5401 viewstomdickharry

How long have we been closing in on this player seems forever. Strength in depth is what the PL is all about,however,Taylor is now an experienced PL player and I certainly would not consider ditching him in favour of an untried PL defender from the French League. Even Max Gradel scored 17 times last season for St Etienne and he wouldn't get a kick in the PL or considered by us as a second striker.Er on the side of caution.
Garbutt from Everton would be a better option,an excellent player.
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 16:24 - May 30 with 5139 viewsDull1Thomas

St Etienne asking for more money after reports went out that we'd agreed a fee. Didn't they do this in January?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 20:24 - May 30 with 4925 viewsymaohyd

Garry Monk must see this guy as a utility player, otherwise a hell of a lot of money, just to create more competition for left back!

I'm probably completely wrong, but I've got a feeling we'll sign the Austrian guy. I think he's the type of player that Monk will like to be part of the squad, a good solid pro, a more than reliable stand in, similar to Rangel.

Tabanou, in my opinion has been an insurance option in case Taylor doesn't sign a new contract after everything that went on before with the pain in the arse of an agent of his.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 20:54 - May 30 with 4857 viewsGroo

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 16:24 - May 30 by Dull1Thomas

St Etienne asking for more money after reports went out that we'd agreed a fee. Didn't they do this in January?

The report I read suggested they want to recover the 5,000,000 euro's they paid for him and we have offers 3.5 million pounds.

5 million euro's equals 3.7 million pounds, so only 200K more!

Groo does what Groo does best

Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 21:07 - May 30 with 4808 viewsGeoffThom

Hmmm wonder if holding on tightly to our purse strings will cancel out this move?
Swansea 'closing in' on Saint-Etienne defender Franck Tabanou on 13:58 - Jun 1 with 4464 viewsblaine_scfc

Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, but Tabanou has said his heart set on coming to us, and is not interested in talking to no other clubs.

Sounds promising.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024