Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coeliac disease 18:54 - May 29 with 1921 viewsJackfath

Are there any sufferers on here?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Coeliac disease on 18:56 - May 29 with 1916 viewslondonlisa2001

Are you coeliac Jackfath?
Coeliac disease on 18:59 - May 29 with 1907 viewsJackfath

Coeliac disease on 18:56 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Are you coeliac Jackfath?

I am beginning to think I maybe.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Coeliac disease on 19:03 - May 29 with 1897 viewslondonlisa2001

Coeliac disease on 18:59 - May 29 by Jackfath

Have you had a test? Or do you just feel you suffer when you eat gluten?
Coeliac disease on 19:05 - May 29 with 1894 viewsJackfath

Coeliac disease on 19:03 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Have you had a test? Or do you just feel you suffer when you eat gluten?

After I eat bread I get completely tired. I feel weak and sleepy. For example earlier I ate two ASDA ciabatta rolls with some chicken in. 30 mins later I am weak as a kitten and fall asleep.

Coeliac disease on 19:12 - May 29 with 1877 viewslondonlisa2001

Coeliac disease on 19:05 - May 29 by Jackfath

After I eat bread I get completely tired. I feel weak and sleepy. For example earlier I ate two ASDA ciabatta rolls with some chicken in. 30 mins later I am weak as a kitten and fall asleep.

There is a possibility that you are coeliac (which is an auto immune disease), but also it is possible that you have non coeliac gluten sensitivity (which has similar symptoms but is not an auto immune disease).

It is always really worthwhile visiting the doctor who can refer you for a coeliac test (which is definitive). You should carry on eating gluten until that test is done otherwise it doesn't work. If that is ruled out, then you can look at other possible sensitivities as well (dairy for example, as there will also be a possibility that you always take butter on bread so it could be dairy rather than gluten).

I would really recommend a visit to the doctor. It's easy to find out about these things, but the symptoms of all of them are very similar. Some people also have an intolerance of gluten in certain forms (eg. bread that has at some point been frozen, which includes most supermarket breads - it changes the structure of the gluten and makes it hard for some people to digest). Have a look at coeliac.org.uk which provides quite a lot of useful info.
Coeliac disease on 19:19 - May 29 with 1856 viewsJackfath

Coeliac disease on 19:12 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

There is a possibility that you are coeliac (which is an auto immune disease), but also it is possible that you have non coeliac gluten sensitivity (which has similar symptoms but is not an auto immune disease).

It is always really worthwhile visiting the doctor who can refer you for a coeliac test (which is definitive). You should carry on eating gluten until that test is done otherwise it doesn't work. If that is ruled out, then you can look at other possible sensitivities as well (dairy for example, as there will also be a possibility that you always take butter on bread so it could be dairy rather than gluten).

I would really recommend a visit to the doctor. It's easy to find out about these things, but the symptoms of all of them are very similar. Some people also have an intolerance of gluten in certain forms (eg. bread that has at some point been frozen, which includes most supermarket breads - it changes the structure of the gluten and makes it hard for some people to digest). Have a look at coeliac.org.uk which provides quite a lot of useful info.

Thanks Lisa. I've been reading that forum today and it's very useful. I do have other symptoms outlined on there which seem to fit.

Coeliac disease on 19:28 - May 29 with 1836 viewslondonlisa2001

Coeliac disease on 19:19 - May 29 by Jackfath

Thanks Lisa. I've been reading that forum today and it's very useful. I do have other symptoms outlined on there which seem to fit.

Definitely go to the doctor and get a test.

It's really, really worth doing, and if the worst comes to the worst and you find you are coeliac or have a gluten allergy or intolerance there are literally loads of things that are made specifically gluten free these days which you can eat instead. It'll take a bit of adjustment, but bread, pasta, even beer is all available in a gluten free version now.

I work in the industry, so if you have any questions about companies that do free from versions or where you can get it, drop me a PM. The big supermarkets are all very, very well aware of it all now, but it is really important to find where the intolerance or allergy is, otherwise the symptoms will continue. As I said, the symptoms are almost identical for different types of allergy and/or intolerance, so it can be confusing for a while.

There are huge numbers of people that have an intolerance of some description or another, so you will definitely be catered for, whatever it is ! Things have moved on enormously in the past couple of years.
Coeliac disease on 19:33 - May 29 with 1822 viewsswanskid95

I started getting the symptoms at about 9-10 years old, I think it normally happens when you are younger like it did with me, but I could be wrong
Login to get fewer ads

Coeliac disease on 19:49 - May 29 with 1794 viewsC_jack

Don't diagnose yourself on the internet. Let a doctor google it for you instead.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Coeliac disease on 23:23 - May 29 with 1690 viewsAndy1300

The wife of A lad in work who is 50 found out last year that she has it.

Going by what he says, I would not like to suffer with it

Number 1 team in Wales

Coeliac disease on 02:13 - May 30 with 1662 viewsDJack

Coeliac disease on 18:59 - May 29 by Jackfath

If I'm honest I must admit that I'm not a fan of you and your #bantz... that said, good luck in this regard and from recent experience their is a wealth of GF free food. All the best.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Coeliac disease on 02:26 - May 30 with 1659 viewsHighjack

Coeliac disease on 19:05 - May 29 by Jackfath

You could be allergic to ASDA and/or chicken.

We need to do some control tests.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Coeliac disease on 02:32 - May 30 with 1648 viewsDJack

Coeliac disease on 02:26 - May 30 by Highjack

You could be allergic to ASDA and/or chicken.

We need to do some control tests.

...he could be allergic to chicken, ASDA, or 30 minutes...a control test is best.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Coeliac disease on 11:31 - May 30 with 1559 viewsHighjack

Having said that I once knew a girl who was allergic to control tests.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Coeliac disease on 12:23 - May 30 with 1542 viewsScoobyWho

Coeliac disease on 19:33 - May 29 by swanskid95

I started getting the symptoms at about 9-10 years old, I think it normally happens when you are younger like it did with me, but I could be wrong

Jackfath is really really old so he is probably just dying, but don't tell him,it's best 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024