Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed 01:10 - May 30 with 908 viewsDavillin

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s Culture of Greed

THE world of professional football has expressed its outrage at the ‘sickening’ greed of FIFA officials.

Players and managers said football was about perfecting a beautiful game and to pursue money so crudely was extremely distasteful.

Wayne Rooney, who is paid £50 per match plus his bus fare at Manchester United, said: “I train every day and then go home to my little terraced house, meanwhile these FIFA guys are buying huge mansions.

“They’re driving around in Bentleys while me and my wife Coleen look through the Littlewoods catalogue at all the things we would like to buy one day. Sometimes life is a struggle, but overall we’re very happy.”

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo added: “Playing football is a great way to unwind after spending all week working on my uncle’s fishing boat. FIFA has lost touch with the simple life of the ordinary man.

“Of course it would be nice to be paid a bit more by Real Madrid, but I’m not complaining because I make enough money from gutting sardines. I now have a small flat and a moped.”

Chelsea manager and part-time coffee shop barista, Jose Mourinho, said: “I met one of these FIFA guys once. He was really flaunting his wealth to the point where I did start to get a bit jealous.

“But then I went back to my room at the Holiday Inn Express, opened a packet of complimentary shortbread and realised I was the luckiest man in the world.”

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 07:17 - May 30 with 851 viewsTom1912

Well, that completely misses the point.
Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 08:58 - May 30 with 806 viewsjackforever

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 07:17 - May 30 by Tom1912

Well, that completely misses the point.

Does it completely? Do players play for anything but money? Are clubs more interested in money or their fans? Is monday night football about money or fans? Do all players pay tax on their income and investment or do they move it to offsjore accounts? Should a cheap polyester top made in a swet shop in the far east cost 50 quid? Football is all about money. Ffs sides would tather finish 4th than win the fa cup that in itself is just a disgrace. Whilst non of the above is illegal many are distasteful and morally corrupt. I could have gone on and on and listed more things and didn't even mention agents, player registrations or shocking 4quid lager in a plastic cup.
Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 09:06 - May 30 with 799 viewsbuilthjack

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 08:58 - May 30 by jackforever

Does it completely? Do players play for anything but money? Are clubs more interested in money or their fans? Is monday night football about money or fans? Do all players pay tax on their income and investment or do they move it to offsjore accounts? Should a cheap polyester top made in a swet shop in the far east cost 50 quid? Football is all about money. Ffs sides would tather finish 4th than win the fa cup that in itself is just a disgrace. Whilst non of the above is illegal many are distasteful and morally corrupt. I could have gone on and on and listed more things and didn't even mention agents, player registrations or shocking 4quid lager in a plastic cup.

Spot on. I do wonder what will happen when Sky goes. It will eventually.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 09:13 - May 30 with 789 viewsAngelRangelQS

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 09:06 - May 30 by builthjack

People keep saying that but I don't agree. If anything I see it becoming more and more influential. Thursday games are the next step imo.
Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 10:14 - May 30 with 736 viewsjack247

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 09:06 - May 30 by builthjack

Sky will eventually become usurped in its importance by television money from the U.S., the Far East and other parts of the world where the TV companies can reach many more subscribers, even if they don't pay as much per head. The world is slowly getting as hooked on football as this country has always been and the Premier League is the jewel in the crown. I can't see the bubble bursting for a long time.

As for the original post, there is nothing wrong with it in terms of illustrating how removed footballers are from the common man, but if it is somehow meant to relate to the FIFA corruption scandal, I just can't see how it is relevant. People are fed up with FIFA officials because they are corrupt and bribe developing nations in order to retain power. Footballers wages, although obscene, are not illegal and are pretty much just governed by supply and demand.
Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 12:27 - May 30 with 691 viewsApeShit

Professional Football Sickened by FIFA’s culture of greed on 08:58 - May 30 by jackforever

All players who play in the UK have to pay tax .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024