Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu - Bridges have been burned 08:39 - Jun 22 with 38000 viewswestisbest

Contract to be killed off ?
What a shame .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3133653/Michu-forgotten-man-loved-Wales
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:22 - Jul 1 with 3709 viewsmonmouth

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:00 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

Without anything official coming from the club then all we can do is comment on the press reports that are released. I have just done a quick check and it seems only WOL have said he has failed to turn up for training. Suggesting the club were expecting him to. The latest I have read is that SKY sources are saying talks will take place within 10 days!
It is still all speculation it seems and like you I still live in hope. I have to say though I thought a return was unlikely. It now increasingly seems we have seen the last of him.
I am amazed how the whole situation is just dragging on and I would blame both parties for that. I am sure we will all be glad when the thing is done and dusted.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 19:10]

I just don't get this mate. It is surely obvious that any discussions would have been had by now (and if either side was in the least bit interested, soundings and dancing throughout last season). I'm totally prepared to look a complete anus if it turns out different but he's finished here, gone, toast, dead meat.

Read GMs tweet again yesterday...how great to have all the players back fit and raring to go and how important preparation is wasn't it? And Michu told to stay well away (the best interpretation of events). He's done.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:59 - Jul 1 with 3623 viewsDewi1jack

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:58 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

I agree. If we fine him for every day he doesn't show then he doesn't cost us anything in which case so what.
His career will be over if it isn't already.

Fine him the 2 weeks wages the PFA allows for every time he doesn't show and he ends up paying us money!
Personally, if I was the board, I wouldn't release his registration if he isn't going to show up and try and sort things out.
But only if he doesn't have a viable excuse for his no show.
In fact if we have to pay his contract up anyway, I'd be inclined to keep hold of him and get him playing as a squad member in the U21s or train with the U16s, to serve as a loud and clear warning to any player who wants to attempt to fuk us around.
Paying anyway, might as well use it to the clubs advantage!
Of course, there could be a good reason for his no show.
But no words like "I can't wait to work for my employer, who pays me excellent money, even though I've cocked up!" on social media or anywhere else.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:05 - Jul 1 with 3596 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 19:22 - Jul 1 by monmouth

I just don't get this mate. It is surely obvious that any discussions would have been had by now (and if either side was in the least bit interested, soundings and dancing throughout last season). I'm totally prepared to look a complete anus if it turns out different but he's finished here, gone, toast, dead meat.

Read GMs tweet again yesterday...how great to have all the players back fit and raring to go and how important preparation is wasn't it? And Michu told to stay well away (the best interpretation of events). He's done.

I've been told he's training on his own in secret and when we play Chelsea first game of the season, ten minutes before kick off it will be announced that Michu is in the starting line up and everyone will be cheering and hugging and kissing each other when he comes on and scores a hat-trick, and they all lived happilly ever after.

THE END

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:19 - Jul 1 with 3568 viewsDarran

He's got it bad has Partzy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:14 - Jul 1 with 3430 viewsScoobyWho

If he hasn't reported for work, then he should not be paid. It's what happens in the real world. Fck him. If he has been today to stay away, then fine, fck him off to the highest bidder.

The 'man' (?) is a tw at anyway, but the best I've ever seen.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:33 - Jul 1 with 3340 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 20:19 - Jul 1 by Darran

He's got it bad has Partzy.

I have said infinitum to you that I really don't think we will see him here again. If you could just get my drift. I don't know how many times I have said it. No wonder I don't post on here much anymore ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:37 - Jul 1 with 3321 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yes ia suspect you could well be spot on and you would not look an anus if you weren't. We just don't know at he moment. Like I said I wish they would sort out the situation so it can be put to bed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 3148 viewsAnotherJohn

I see that the latest rumours are that Deportiva and Espanyol may be interested in Michu. The first ties in with a rumour on a Spanish blog a couple of weeks back that Deportiva or Rayo could be suitors, so perhaps there is something in that one.

http://www.mvpdeportes.es/?p=14774
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 10:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:44 - Jul 2 with 3127 viewsJackSomething

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:20 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

I see that the latest rumours are that Deportiva and Espanyol may be interested in Michu. The first ties in with a rumour on a Spanish blog a couple of weeks back that Deportiva or Rayo could be suitors, so perhaps there is something in that one.

Perhaps he's home in Spain trying to engineer a move? Clubs wanting evidence that he's fit to play?

Sadly if that is the case, we may have to forgo any kind of transfer fee and just be glad we save the money that would have gone on his wages.

I remember last summer the outrage from the usual suspects over letting him go to Napoli on loan. I seem to remember it was a £2m loan fee and his wages paid by Napoli, although it seems more likely that the £2m payment was to cover his wages while he was out there (£40k a week is close to £2m a year). That deal looks like a master stroke now, not that I expect those who were critical to admit it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:19 - Jul 2 with 3093 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:44 - Jul 2 by JackSomething

Perhaps he's home in Spain trying to engineer a move? Clubs wanting evidence that he's fit to play?

Sadly if that is the case, we may have to forgo any kind of transfer fee and just be glad we save the money that would have gone on his wages.

I remember last summer the outrage from the usual suspects over letting him go to Napoli on loan. I seem to remember it was a £2m loan fee and his wages paid by Napoli, although it seems more likely that the £2m payment was to cover his wages while he was out there (£40k a week is close to £2m a year). That deal looks like a master stroke now, not that I expect those who were critical to admit it.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/swansea-and-deportivo-set-for-transfer

amen...............................hopefully

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 11:42 - Jul 2 with 3071 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:20 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Maybe that friendly on Aug 1st has been arranged so Deportivo can take him back to Spain with them?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:09 - Jul 2 with 3042 viewsmonmouth

No problem with giving him away now if we have to, but a very big % sell on fee would be good, just in case.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:15 - Jul 2 with 3027 viewstomdickharry

The club know what they are doing with Michu,in the end it will probably come to a parting of the ways after a financial deal has been struck with him.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:27 - Jul 2 with 3008 viewsmalagajack

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/02/english/1435835209_498400.html
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:40 - Jul 2 with 2987 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:27 - Jul 2 by malagajack

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/02/english/1435835209_498400.html

There seem to be a few sources coming up with this one. It would be a pretty good move for Michu in view of his last two seasons. I would be happier with him going there and I like Monmouth's idea of a sell on fee just in case.
It should make for an interesting pre season friendly if he dares to turn out for them ;-)
It still could be speculation though and these 'talks' in 10'days could have a bearing on this. It could have been sorted out months ago. It is not unusUal for a player to have his future mapped out whilst he is still employed by another club a la Lampard and Gerrard.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:47 - Jul 2 with 2994 viewsraynor94

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:40 - Jul 2 by Private_Partz

There seem to be a few sources coming up with this one. It would be a pretty good move for Michu in view of his last two seasons. I would be happier with him going there and I like Monmouth's idea of a sell on fee just in case.
It should make for an interesting pre season friendly if he dares to turn out for them ;-)
It still could be speculation though and these 'talks' in 10'days could have a bearing on this. It could have been sorted out months ago. It is not unusUal for a player to have his future mapped out whilst he is still employed by another club a la Lampard and Gerrard.

There would be people applauding him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 2960 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 12:47 - Jul 2 by raynor94

There would be people applauding him

I could almost understand Bony although I did not applaud. If things pan out this way I most certainly will not be welcoming him I am sad to say.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:17 - Jul 3 with 2837 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 13:15 - Jul 2 by Private_Partz

I could almost understand Bony although I did not applaud. If things pan out this way I most certainly will not be welcoming him I am sad to say.

Another story saying that four Spanish clubs are interested - with Rayo added to he three in the earlier reports (in line with the Blog I mentioned from a week or two back).

http://www.elgoldigital.com/michu-planea-su-vuelta-a-la-liga-con-4-posibles-dest
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:29 - Jul 3 with 2824 viewsNeath_Jack

Even the most optimistic of fans (i was hoping it could be sorted), surely now accepts that he isn't welcome back here. He's obviously been told to stay away while the club try and sort out the best exit for him, and us.

Fantastic player, head shot unfortunately though.

We all have our crosses to bear eh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 15:33 - Jul 3 with 2757 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 08:29 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Even the most optimistic of fans (i was hoping it could be sorted), surely now accepts that he isn't welcome back here. He's obviously been told to stay away while the club try and sort out the best exit for him, and us.

Fantastic player, head shot unfortunately though.

We all have our crosses to bear eh.

If he is fit and has not turned up for training when expected to then he is getting it both barrels from me - friendly match or not.
If is pronounced fit as is available to us then I would welcome him back now. The latter is very unlikely however. I would love to be a fly on the wall when these alleged talks the place.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:02 - Jul 23 with 2538 viewswestisbest

Swansea City may be made to pay in struggle to offload Michu . Bring him back to swansea then , and if he does'nt tow the line , sue him for breach of contract . He can't be be sitting on his arse for the season .

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-pay-struggle-offload-Michu/
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:59 - Jul 23 with 2450 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:02 - Jul 23 by westisbest

Swansea City may be made to pay in struggle to offload Michu . Bring him back to swansea then , and if he does'nt tow the line , sue him for breach of contract . He can't be be sitting on his arse for the season .

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-pay-struggle-offload-Michu/

Agree with this

Not sure how we can possibly be out of pocket and forced to pay to offload someone who refuses to turn up for training - or has Garry said don't bother which now has caused this?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:27 - Jul 23 with 2327 viewsjasper_T

Based on the evidence we have, Michu could just as easily sue the club for loss of future earnings due to being excluded from the first team, damage caused to his image etc.

Or sue Dwight Tiendalli for not showing up on the German tour that he obviously wasn't invited to.

There's no indication of which party (if any) is the cause of the rift, but both sides seem perfectly happy with the separation at the moment. The club is contractually obligated to pay him more than most Spanish teams can afford on their whole squad, so it's going to be expensive no matter what.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 17:17 - Jul 23 with 2213 viewsLeonisGod

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 10:59 - Jul 23 by PatchesOHoulihan

Agree with this

Not sure how we can possibly be out of pocket and forced to pay to offload someone who refuses to turn up for training - or has Garry said don't bother which now has caused this?

That's all covered in the article. We could force him back but it sounds like we don't see the point. He's not in our plans, so I'd agree that's there's no point having him around if relations have broken down. But even if we're not exercising our contractual right over him, he still remains under contract. It's fairly standard practice to have to settle up all or part of a contract to shift a player out if the team he's going to can't get close to matching his current deal. We should settle up driving the hardest bargain we can and get shot asap.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 18:19 - Jul 23 with 2166 viewsAnotherJohn

This article suggests that things haven't progressed far:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-yet-recei

While I can understand the club favouring a clean break, I am not sure that letting Michu pursue informal negotiations in Spain is setting up the right structure of incentives. The risk is that our evident wish to keep Michu away from our camp makes people think we will blink first. The Spanish clubs wlll think they can offer a low wage that we will subsidize, and Michu will think he can cut a deal that preserves his current salary. If we recall him to Swansea now and offer the prospect of no competitive football and training with the reserves, a pay cut may seem more acceptable. Similarly if the other clubs see that we may swallow a loss to impart a lesson, then the chance of a realistic wage offer may increase. Personally if I were Huw I might stretch to giving Michu a free and paying his salary for July and August, but wouldn't go much beyond that if he moves on. If we have to pay all year I'd be tempted to go for a lesson to encourage the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024