Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu - Bridges have been burned 08:39 - Jun 22 with 38002 viewswestisbest

Contract to be killed off ?
What a shame .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3133653/Michu-forgotten-man-loved-Wales
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:47 - Jun 25 with 1842 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:43 - Jun 25 by morningstar

In fairness Lisa, I think most have described him as such in that first season he played. Can you remember Curt or Robbie lighting up the top flight like he did? No, I don't think so. With that in mind, club legends as they are, Michu surely holds the accolade as the best player to wear a Swansea City shirt.

Yes - I absolutely can remember Robbie and Curt lighting up the top flight like he did. I really can.

It's all opinions though of course, and as I said, I thought he was fantastic in his first season with us.

By the way - my father's generation would disagree with me, and would always hold up Ivor as the greatest ever - I didn't see him, so can't say.

I personally don't think Michu holds a candle to Curt in his prime, nor to Robbie.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:50 - Jun 25 with 1825 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:46 - Jun 25 by Darran

Is he f*ck you need to leave the Bow alone BowBoy.

Who's yours then destroyer of the site?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:53 - Jun 25 with 1815 viewsSwansNZ

In fairness Lisa, I think most have described him as such in that first season he played. Can you remember Curt or Robbie lighting up the top flight like he did? No, I don't think so. With that in mind, club legends as they are, Michu surely holds the accolade as the best player to wear a Swansea City shirt.

Robbie James hit 15 league goals in 81-82, and I’d say his all-round game was better than Michu.

Different times of course, and to compare one with the other is often pointless.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 1800 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:53 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

Robbie James hit 15 league goals in 81-82, and I’d say his all-round game was better than Michu.

Different times of course, and to compare one with the other is often pointless.

I honestly think people forget quite how good we were that season.

It seems silly to say so in some ways, and of course, it's just speculation, but I really do think if we'd had a top notch goalkeeper, we would have won the league that year. We really were that good, and Robbie and Curtis were unbelievable. As good as we are at the moment, we are not going to challenge for the league, and that year, we came pretty damn close.

Robbie James would have been worth £30m of anyone's money in this market, and Curtis would have been the same.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 1798 viewsDarran

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:50 - Jun 25 by morningstar

Who's yours then destroyer of the site?

Well if you're going pound for pound in any position there's probably two in Britton and Williams in the current squad that are better and if he has another season like this year Fab will be too.
The best that's ever played for us FFS he's not in the top five.
F*cking hell Gar I'm shocked.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:58 - Jun 25 with 1798 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:47 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

Yes - I absolutely can remember Robbie and Curt lighting up the top flight like he did. I really can.

It's all opinions though of course, and as I said, I thought he was fantastic in his first season with us.

By the way - my father's generation would disagree with me, and would always hold up Ivor as the greatest ever - I didn't see him, so can't say.

I personally don't think Michu holds a candle to Curt in his prime, nor to Robbie.

Michu is off his trolley so no, he will never hold a candle too Rob or Curt over the course of their careers. Ivor never played for us in his prime. But for that one magical season, Swansea City in the premier league, the goals he scored against the best teams in the land surpasses anything any single player has done for us in our entire history.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:03 - Jun 25 with 1776 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:57 - Jun 25 by Darran

Well if you're going pound for pound in any position there's probably two in Britton and Williams in the current squad that are better and if he has another season like this year Fab will be too.
The best that's ever played for us FFS he's not in the top five.
F*cking hell Gar I'm shocked.

Your not getting what I'm trying too say Dar. Do you really think over one season anyone who has ever played for our club has performed better than Michu?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:06 - Jun 25 with 1773 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:58 - Jun 25 by morningstar

Michu is off his trolley so no, he will never hold a candle too Rob or Curt over the course of their careers. Ivor never played for us in his prime. But for that one magical season, Swansea City in the premier league, the goals he scored against the best teams in the land surpasses anything any single player has done for us in our entire history.

We'll have to agree to disagree !
Login to get fewer ads

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:08 - Jun 25 with 1762 viewsDarran

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:03 - Jun 25 by morningstar

Your not getting what I'm trying too say Dar. Do you really think over one season anyone who has ever played for our club has performed better than Michu?

Over one season probably not but it doesn't make him the greatest player to ever play for us.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:14 - Jun 25 with 1738 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:06 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

We'll have to agree to disagree !

'Thinly veiled you agree with me but don't want too admit it'

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:26 - Jun 25 with 1698 viewslifelong

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:58 - Jun 25 by morningstar

Ivor was in his prime when he played for us, he went to Newcastle in 1958, the year that Wales reached the quarter final of the World Cup, when the then Italian manager described Ivor as being one of the best players in the world.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:31 - Jun 25 with 1681 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:08 - Jun 25 by Darran

Over one season probably not but it doesn't make him the greatest player to ever play for us.

I didn't say he was the greatest player too play for us did I? I said he was the best. The greatest player too play for us was James Collins who fought in WW1 and then went on too captain us in an FA cup semi final. But hey, it's what everyones interpritation of greatness is isn't it!

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:41 - Jun 25 with 1652 viewsDarran

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:31 - Jun 25 by morningstar

I didn't say he was the greatest player too play for us did I? I said he was the best. The greatest player too play for us was James Collins who fought in WW1 and then went on too captain us in an FA cup semi final. But hey, it's what everyones interpritation of greatness is isn't it!

He's not the f^cking best then though probably the best one season wonder.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:46 - Jun 25 with 1640 viewsmorningstar

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:26 - Jun 25 by lifelong

Ivor was in his prime when he played for us, he went to Newcastle in 1958, the year that Wales reached the quarter final of the World Cup, when the then Italian manager described Ivor as being one of the best players in the world.

Thanks for backing me up that once in his prime he sought his career elsewhere. Even played for them lot up the road before coming back to us too see out his retirement..

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:53 - Jun 25 with 1632 viewsdobjack2

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 21:57 - Jun 25 by londonlisa2001

I honestly think people forget quite how good we were that season.

It seems silly to say so in some ways, and of course, it's just speculation, but I really do think if we'd had a top notch goalkeeper, we would have won the league that year. We really were that good, and Robbie and Curtis were unbelievable. As good as we are at the moment, we are not going to challenge for the league, and that year, we came pretty damn close.

Robbie James would have been worth £30m of anyone's money in this market, and Curtis would have been the same.

Sorry Lisa but I don't think Dai was that bad. Admittedly when he dropped one he really dropped one (notts county springs immediately to mind) but he was a much better keeper than he was given credit for. It didnt help that the north bank hated him. I always felt that our biggest problem was a lack Of a centre half that was dominant in the air.

I respect your opinions though. Curt and Robbie were class. When his mind was on it there was nobody better than Leighton James and latchford put the ball in the net and was close to an England recall. My uncle talked about Ivor.

All about opinions and who you saw playing.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:54 - Jun 25 with 1632 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:14 - Jun 25 by morningstar

'Thinly veiled you agree with me but don't want too admit it'

No, no I don't ;-)
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:05 - Jun 25 with 1615 viewsSwansNZ

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:53 - Jun 25 by dobjack2

Sorry Lisa but I don't think Dai was that bad. Admittedly when he dropped one he really dropped one (notts county springs immediately to mind) but he was a much better keeper than he was given credit for. It didnt help that the north bank hated him. I always felt that our biggest problem was a lack Of a centre half that was dominant in the air.

I respect your opinions though. Curt and Robbie were class. When his mind was on it there was nobody better than Leighton James and latchford put the ball in the net and was close to an England recall. My uncle talked about Ivor.

Dave Stewart was better than Dai Davies.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:10 - Jun 25 with 1601 viewslifelong

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:46 - Jun 25 by morningstar

Thanks for backing me up that once in his prime he sought his career elsewhere. Even played for them lot up the road before coming back to us too see out his retirement..

Indeed he did, I would say that footballers could generally be described as being in their prime between the ages of 26 and 31. Ivor was 28 when he left us having played for 11 seasons and scoring 124 goals, so, in my humble opinion, you were incorrect in saying that he didn't play for us in his prime.
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:15 - Jun 25 with 1591 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 22:53 - Jun 25 by dobjack2

I don't think Dai was that bad either, but he did cost us points and I think with a top goalkeeper we may have done it.
Who knows!
We were brilliant that season though.
We are starting to approach that again - I can't wait for next season to see where we're at. I can't help but think we are a Robbie short of where we were (although there are very few Robbie's around).
Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:18 - Jun 25 with 1578 viewsDarran

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:10 - Jun 25 by lifelong

Indeed he did, I would say that footballers could generally be described as being in their prime between the ages of 26 and 31. Ivor was 28 when he left us having played for 11 seasons and scoring 124 goals, so, in my humble opinion, you were incorrect in saying that he didn't play for us in his prime.

I know morningstar Rog and it's the cider.

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:19 - Jun 25 with 1578 viewsraynor94

Did you watch our season in the first division that year, because Curt, Robbie and Latchford certainly lit up the league, and not to mention Leighton or Ivor, best ever is stretching it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 23:23 - Jun 25 with 1573 viewsmonmouth

Some very well respected pundits were tipping us to win it right up until the spring. We were the last team to beat Liverpool that season and, if I remember right, it was a defeat against Ipswich after we went ahead (Robbie!) that knocked the stuffing out of us and then we just gently gave in...I went to Brum shortly after and we'd clearly packed it in. That ugly troll from Mordor with no teeth and the straggly hair scored for Ipswich I think and we just seemed to lose heart.

We were real contenders then, and played just as much champagne stuff as we see now, but on terrible pitches. A great season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:02 - Jun 26 with 1434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:36 - Jun 25 by raynor94

Pardon, I have nailed my colours to the mast frequently on here concerning Laudrup and Michu, quite a few times in this very thread, which you well know, I just find your unrelenting support against the odds of these two rather baffling

I refer you to my previous posts. It is not unrelenting support. That is just plain incorrect. ML is history. I think some of the cricism is unfair although I recognise his mistakes as well. With regards to michu all I am saying is I am prepared to wait for the outcome of the talks before jumping to conclusions. Debate is fine. I think him coming back is a very long shot but I would not like to see him sold to a rival. If he is fit and is refusing to play then he should be sold to a team outside the PL. If he does go to rival and comes back firing on all cylinders that he will be getting it both barrels from me next time I see him play.
If that is gullible in your eyes then I plead guilty ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:07 - Jun 26 with 1430 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 14:50 - Jun 25 by Darran

It is actually a shame that he hasn't given Monk as much support in 17 months as he's given these two pricks in the last week.

Again complete rubbish aimed at causing an argument. Whilst I had concerns about his appointment I have been nothing but supportive of GM since. In fact what he has achieved is quite incredible, especially considering half a team was shipped out in the last close season. As a result he gets the plaudits he deserves.
Is that good enough for you? ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 09:09 - Jun 26 with 1425 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michu - Bridges have been burned on 16:38 - Jun 25 by Darran

It's true though we've just had a magnificent season and some bell ends are still pining for these tw*ts.
No wonder I rarely post on here these days.

Fair play. That made me laugh in my porridge :-) :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024