Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Swans DVD 20:53 - Jun 27 with 4773 viewsAberJack

I took delivery of the new Swans DVD today - 'Record Breakers'.

The box contained 2 DVDs - the first contained a series of interviews with various players and Garry Monk, the second one was a month by month journey through last season with highlights of each game.

It might be my old DVD player and PC but the interview DVD was apalling. The scenes aren't 'cut' very well and DVD jumps around - all very poor quality.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It may be just me but if its not (and I suspect it isn't) then I shall be making a complaint to the club and seeking a refund, as the product quality isn't what you'd expect of an established Premier League club IMO.

Bitterly disappointing :(
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 21:05]
New Swans DVD on 20:56 - Jun 27 with 4190 viewsDr_Winston

Do they use the shitty BBC Wales commentary instead of the proper SKY stuff?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Swans DVD on 20:59 - Jun 27 with 4170 viewsAberJack

New Swans DVD on 20:56 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

Indeed they do.... and Nev Wiltshire is the narrator.

It is shocking! Would love to hear what other people who have bought it think.
New Swans DVD on 21:02 - Jun 27 with 4155 viewsJackSomething

New Swans DVD on 20:59 - Jun 27 by AberJack

I don't buy them partly because of the commentary they use. If someone cobbled together a highlights DVD using Sky and MOTD coverage and stuck it on eBay, I'd buy it instead.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New Swans DVD on 21:29 - Jun 27 with 4079 viewsairedale

Sort of related re quality. Some time ago we tried to buy some 'woolen' gloves in the shop. The price was a rip-off, but for a good cause so what the heck. The thing was, as much as we looked, we could not find a pair of marketable quality. We are not picky people as a rule, but the product on the shelf was absolute tat.

Shame that they spoil the shop by selling rubbish, so unprofessional and p*ss poor marketing.
New Swans DVD on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 3991 viewsScoobyWho

New Swans DVD on 20:59 - Jun 27 by AberJack

We have a recent history of producing shite DVD's, I'm not surprised.
And Nev ? Fck me, he was in Napoli for the away game, you can spot a new fan trying to be an old fan a mile away. Nothing at all wrong being a part of the new breed, but pretending your not and name dropping players you know is just emabressing.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

New Swans DVD on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 3972 viewsDr_Winston

Still plenty of work to be done in the commercial department.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Swans DVD on 22:51 - Jun 27 with 3933 viewsTim_Harry

I didn't think it was too bad for a tenner myself.

That Nev chap was so unfunny that I felt embarrassed for him. The Radio Wales commentary is just awful. I think the makers of it probably realised that though as it seemed to be used a lot less than in previous DVDs.

Other than that it was decent enough to watch. Some good interviews and behind the scenes stuff to complement what was a great season on the pitch.

I'd happily pay an extra fiver though if they got rid of the Radio Wales commentary and got someone decent doing the narrating. Dave coaches and John Hartson have been the best ones from past seasons. I'd be happy to have either of them do it again. Although it would be good if they could tempt Rhys Ifans and his brawd to have a go in Twin Town style.
New Swans DVD on 16:32 - Jun 28 with 3705 viewsStanners

New Swans DVD on 20:56 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

I don't mind Radio Wales commentary

I like Simon Davies, Rob Phillips and the other boys

Let's face it though whoever was commenting some people will still moan
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 18:29]
Login to get fewer ads

New Swans DVD on 16:34 - Jun 28 with 3698 viewsairedale

New Swans DVD on 16:32 - Jun 28 by Stanners

Michael Owen would've been good imo.
New Swans DVD on 16:35 - Jun 28 with 3697 viewswhiterock

New Swans DVD on 22:34 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

Still plenty of work to be done in the commercial department.

Think u mean media department, the two are different
New Swans DVD on 16:43 - Jun 28 with 3686 viewsStanners

New Swans DVD on 16:34 - Jun 28 by airedale

Michael Owen would've been good imo.

As I said it doesn't matter who did the commentary because fans would still moan

If we ain't first on MOTD the usual suspects are out in force moaning

the commentators from Radio Wales sound really excited when Swans pull have a great result but that ain't enough for some on here
New Swans DVD on 18:36 - Jun 28 with 3602 viewsJackSomething

Whether it was Radio Wales, 5 Live or Talksport, radio commentary over visual highlights sounds terrible. If they paid to use MOTD and Sky commentary, I'd have no complaints at all. If it's prohibitively expensive for the money that these DVD's generate then fine, but it'd be nice to hear that from the horse's mouth.

New Swans DVD on 18:52 - Jun 28 with 3575 viewsDr_Winston

New Swans DVD on 16:35 - Jun 28 by whiterock

Think u mean media department, the two are different

Who orders and sells the product?

New Swans DVD on 19:22 - Jun 28 with 3527 viewsdantheswansman

Reminded me of a even worse example of the dodgy DVD`s i used to buy a few years back.Crap case.Crap disks,And crap inlay. Thankfully it was full of the Swans playing.
Must have cost them £1 to put together and that includes the electricity they used to burn the file to DVD.
Also got Jack To A King and that is not better in terms of quality of product.footage is fine of course ;)
Daylight bloody robbery -Luckily i support them so i do not mind so much but if i got charged £9.99 for say a film or music concert and got that i would have no hesitation in demanding my money back and or slapping the guy in the mouth .
New Swans DVD on 19:25 - Jun 28 with 3516 viewsDarran

Simon is my mate but Phillips can f^ck right off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Swans DVD on 21:35 - Jun 28 with 3411 viewsSwanzay

I have a long while said that some items in the club shop are a complete rip off, I recall 'retro' tops that were non branded and they were asking £60 for them, wtf is that all about?
The quality of the Swans own produced stuff is woeful to say the least and always has been, why anyone buys it is beyond me.

We seriously need to address this as club!
New Swans DVD on 07:25 - Jun 29 with 3260 viewsJohnw102

I enjoyed the player interviews Fab and Cork were very good I thought. JJS with Nev was terrible. The whole Nev thing spoilt disc 1 for me. For £10 just about value for money, disc 2 reminded me how well JJS and Ki linked, what a giant Wilf was and that we have one of the best centre backs in the league.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

New Swans DVD on 07:45 - Jun 29 with 3237 viewsPhil_S

New Swans DVD on 07:25 - Jun 29 by Johnw102

I enjoyed the player interviews Fab and Cork were very good I thought. JJS with Nev was terrible. The whole Nev thing spoilt disc 1 for me. For £10 just about value for money, disc 2 reminded me how well JJS and Ki linked, what a giant Wilf was and that we have one of the best centre backs in the league.

Was that the same JJS and Nev bit they showed at the awards dinner - the sound there was crap so couldn't hear it but it looked a bit cheap and nasty

And I thought Nev declared himself a Man Utd fan at the start of the first call centre series?
New Swans DVD on 10:32 - Jun 29 with 3137 viewsBlasterJack

New Swans DVD on 07:45 - Jun 29 by Phil_S

Was that the same JJS and Nev bit they showed at the awards dinner - the sound there was crap so couldn't hear it but it looked a bit cheap and nasty

And I thought Nev declared himself a Man Utd fan at the start of the first call centre series?

I wonder how much that lardy idiot got paid to participate.
What the fook has that mugging oaf got to do with the Swans?

Someone in the club needs a good shagging over that.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

New Swans DVD on 10:33 - Jun 29 with 3133 viewsScoobyWho

He is everything our new fan base shouldn't be, self obsessed and using the club for their own ends. Hangs round with certain players to up his profile locally, mans hopeless. As I said he was in Napoli and was confronted with the same allegation. Prick.

New Swans DVD on 10:40 - Jun 29 with 3123 viewsJackSomething

New Swans DVD on 10:33 - Jun 29 by ScoobyWho

He is everything our new fan base shouldn't be, self obsessed and using the club for their own ends. Hangs round with certain players to up his profile locally, mans hopeless. As I said he was in Napoli and was confronted with the same allegation. Prick.

I don't see why the club would think that he's the kind of person Swans fans are going to want to see on club DVD's and the like. I hope I'm right in saying the majority of us would rather see an ex-player do that kind of thing. Plenty of them seem to want to break into media work/punditry, so I'm sure there'd be suitable candidates.

I think that because Swansea is a relatively small city and we don't produce or see a lot of celebrities locally, many cling to any semblance of fame. I worked at HMV while in Uni and they had 2 Big Brother no-marks down to open the new store. The queue to meet them stretched through most of the Quadrant. Personally I find it depressing, but I seem to be in the minority.

New Swans DVD on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 3107 viewsairedale

I can't understand why they don't use Leighton more. He's got the gift of the gab no doubt, and more interesting too. Especially if you buy him a pint before he goes on.
New Swans DVD on 14:24 - Jul 1 with 2908 viewsfbreath

He is now on OS with DVD's in hand

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/nev-wilshires-starring-role-in-swansea-c

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

New Swans DVD on 14:27 - Jul 1 with 2903 viewsshandyjack

if it's as bad as Jack to King then i'll give it a miss

Poll: Expectation for the season

New Swans DVD on 15:30 - Jul 1 with 2865 viewsScoobyWho

New Swans DVD on 14:27 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

if it's as bad as Jack to King then i'll give it a miss

Well this DVD is based on fact, it's just shite, 'Jack To a King seems to be based on a massaged history to suit certain agendas. In other words total shite.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 15:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024