Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Womens World Cup 13:07 - Jun 28 with 5345 viewsjackthepeg

Just finished watching the England/Canada game, and I have to say I was impressed by a number of aspects.
OK the skill and technical abilities were inferior to the Men's game, but the passion and commitment was equal to, and at times better.
What really made the game so enjoyable though was the almost complete lack of cynicism, cheating and diving. surrounding and complaining to the ref at almost any opportunity.
These are the sort of things , so prevalent in the Men's game not just at International level but at league level. I may be old fashioned ( because I am OLD), but I wish we could somehow take all the so called "Professional" elements out. What the hell is a professional foul. and why is it considered as a skill and lauded by commentators and pundits alike, it"s cheating.. Why is it ok to try to get other players sent off, and constantly harrasing and abusing the match officials.

Sorry rant over,
Womens World Cup on 00:43 - Jul 2 with 1635 viewsClinton

Dreadful dive, dreadful decision. Went down very easily as they say.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Womens World Cup on 00:50 - Jul 2 with 1611 viewsBanosswan

Womens World Cup on 00:43 - Jul 2 by Clinton

Pundits analysis of both penalties is quite interesting.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Womens World Cup on 00:51 - Jul 2 with 1608 viewsSwansNZ

Womens World Cup on 00:43 - Jul 2 by Clinton

It's ok, the BBC have proved it was a penalty to England and never one to Japan - ref must be against England

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Womens World Cup on 00:52 - Jul 2 with 1606 viewslidojack

Womens World Cup on 00:51 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

It's ok, the BBC have proved it was a penalty to England and never one to Japan - ref must be against England

It's nice to see that the pundits' bias has managed to get over the gender gap
Womens World Cup on 00:56 - Jul 2 with 1596 viewsClinton

Womens World Cup on 00:50 - Jul 2 by Banosswan

Pundits analysis of both penalties is quite interesting.

We'd have been tamping if either one had been given against us.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 0:57]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Womens World Cup on 01:01 - Jul 2 with 1587 viewsClinton

Childish I know, but pundit just said that in the final third, Japan keep having a snatch

Womens World Cup on 01:03 - Jul 2 with 1576 viewsBanosswan

Womens World Cup on 01:01 - Jul 2 by Clinton

Childish I know, but pundit just said that in the final third, Japan keep having a snatch

They're obviously not getting the numbers up there.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Womens World Cup on 01:48 - Jul 2 with 1545 viewsswanduck

I turned this on saw it was 1-1, watched for about 5 minutes then went for a jog, clearly I am not interested in women's football but at least it's making me exercise. Oh dear Japan just scored, gutted.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 1:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Womens World Cup on 01:50 - Jul 2 with 1539 viewslidojack

Well that was an absolutely terrible piece of defending
Womens World Cup on 01:50 - Jul 2 with 1535 viewsSwansNZ

Womens World Cup on 01:48 - Jul 2 by swanduck

I turned this on saw it was 1-1, watched for about 5 minutes then went for a jog, clearly I am not interested in women's football but at least it's making me exercise. Oh dear Japan just scored, gutted.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 1:49]

It wouldn’t be a proper world cup without some English heartbreak

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Womens World Cup on 01:54 - Jul 2 with 1525 viewsswanduck

Womens World Cup on 01:50 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

To be fair to them, they did better than the men's team. Was gonna say they've put more effort in but I've only seen about 20 minutes of the whole thing.
Womens World Cup on 06:58 - Jul 2 with 1412 viewssomersetsimon

Womens World Cup on 01:50 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

A good old-fashioned British way of exiting a tournament.
Womens World Cup on 08:15 - Jul 2 with 1378 viewsjackportis

Spoilt it for me the undignified blubbing at the end. Like watching kids. its only woman's football for goodness sake.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Womens World Cup on 08:45 - Jul 2 with 1352 viewsBorojack

Womens World Cup on 08:15 - Jul 2 by jackportis

Spoilt it for me the undignified blubbing at the end. Like watching kids. its only woman's football for goodness sake.

I tried to watch it last night stuck it for about 15 minutes a complete waste of time.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Womens World Cup on 08:46 - Jul 2 with 1351 viewsmacthejack

So many tw*ts on this thread. Take those chips of your shoulders gentlemen.

Shame for England to go out in the way they did but hey ho, as someone else said pretty woeful defending, not exactly sure what she was trying to do. Don't have a problem with anyone crying because I'm not an emotionally retarded moron. A lot of people on twitter saying what an awful disgrace it is that anyone dare take the p*ss out of this poor girl, carry on I say as long as it's not nasty, exactly what would happen in the men's game, shouldn't treat them any differently just 'cause they're women.
Womens World Cup on 09:59 - Jul 2 with 1302 viewsJackSomething

Womens World Cup on 08:46 - Jul 2 by macthejack

So many tw*ts on this thread. Take those chips of your shoulders gentlemen.

Shame for England to go out in the way they did but hey ho, as someone else said pretty woeful defending, not exactly sure what she was trying to do. Don't have a problem with anyone crying because I'm not an emotionally retarded moron. A lot of people on twitter saying what an awful disgrace it is that anyone dare take the p*ss out of this poor girl, carry on I say as long as it's not nasty, exactly what would happen in the men's game, shouldn't treat them any differently just 'cause they're women.

To be fair, the ones being tw*ts on this thread are tw*ts on every thread. So at least they're consistent.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Womens World Cup on 10:13 - Jul 2 with 1288 viewsswancity

Womens World Cup on 09:59 - Jul 2 by JackSomething

To be fair, the ones being tw*ts on this thread are tw*ts on every thread. So at least they're consistent.

A mirror image of the way that England's men's team play

Battling, organised, keeping shape and with one or two flair players but very limited technical ability and not enough players totally comfortable on the ball. Same old England, lots of huffing and puffing but lacking skill and flair throughout.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Womens World Cup on 10:25 - Jul 2 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

Ive not commented on this jacksomethong- until now.

As has been said, no head working just playing the game and the way men should play it.

Cant remember the referee receiving any "advice" from the players whatsoever.

Sickening way to lose, especially to the Japs.

Me ol uncle Georgie was on the Burma railway and lived

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Womens World Cup on 10:51 - Jul 2 with 1254 viewsbuilthjack

Feel sorry for the girl who scored the own goal

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Womens World Cup on 11:06 - Jul 2 with 1237 viewsDarran

The Lions will have to make up for the disappointment of the Lionesses led by record breaker Wazza. GSTQ.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Womens World Cup on 11:12 - Jul 2 with 1223 viewsymaohyd

Womens World Cup on 11:06 - Jul 2 by Darran

The Lions will have to make up for the disappointment of the Lionesses led by record breaker Wazza. GSTQ.

FFS !

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Womens World Cup on 11:37 - Jul 2 with 1205 viewsfather_jack

Womens World Cup on 00:41 - Jul 2 by lidojack

What were we saying about the women not diving?

another england team smashed from a massive pedestal.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Womens World Cup on 13:06 - Jul 2 with 1149 viewsGlyn1

Womens World Cup on 11:37 - Jul 2 by father_jack

another england team smashed from a massive pedestal.

How can they be on a massive pedestal when they were the underdogs in all of their matches, including against Japan? They showed a lot of spirit even if technically limited.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Womens World Cup on 13:17 - Jul 2 with 1128 viewslidojack

Womens World Cup on 13:06 - Jul 2 by Glyn1

How can they be on a massive pedestal when they were the underdogs in all of their matches, including against Japan? They showed a lot of spirit even if technically limited.

To be fair, if the men's team showed half the commitment to the cause the the women's team did they may end up being half decent at tournaments.
Womens World Cup on 13:39 - Jul 2 with 1095 viewsFlashberryjack

Womens World Cup on 22:43 - Jun 28 by dgt73

Oh look the forums lunatic is out........

Calling him a lunatic is an insult to people with mental health problems.
"Ars*hole" would be more appropriate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024