Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Womens World Cup 13:07 - Jun 28 with 5338 viewsjackthepeg

Just finished watching the England/Canada game, and I have to say I was impressed by a number of aspects.
OK the skill and technical abilities were inferior to the Men's game, but the passion and commitment was equal to, and at times better.
What really made the game so enjoyable though was the almost complete lack of cynicism, cheating and diving. surrounding and complaining to the ref at almost any opportunity.
These are the sort of things , so prevalent in the Men's game not just at International level but at league level. I may be old fashioned ( because I am OLD), but I wish we could somehow take all the so called "Professional" elements out. What the hell is a professional foul. and why is it considered as a skill and lauded by commentators and pundits alike, it"s cheating.. Why is it ok to try to get other players sent off, and constantly harrasing and abusing the match officials.

Sorry rant over,
Womens World Cup on 13:25 - Jun 28 with 3681 viewshobo

You must have missed the French woman's embarrassing dive in the earlier match?
Womens World Cup on 13:53 - Jun 28 with 3650 viewsjackthepeg

Womens World Cup on 13:25 - Jun 28 by hobo

You must have missed the French woman's embarrassing dive in the earlier match?

Well the French are different and are more used to it , the whole country took a dive during WW2
Womens World Cup on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 3633 viewshobo

Womens World Cup on 13:53 - Jun 28 by jackthepeg

Well the French are different and are more used to it , the whole country took a dive during WW2

Fair point! :D
Womens World Cup on 21:11 - Jun 28 with 3547 viewsjacaranda

I especially like the way their nipples get hard when they score
Womens World Cup on 21:13 - Jun 28 with 3546 viewsKilkennyjack

Womens World Cup on 21:11 - Jun 28 by jacaranda

I especially like the way their nipples get hard when they score

Grow up ffs

Beware of the Risen People

Womens World Cup on 21:46 - Jun 28 with 3510 viewsblueytheblue

Yet the Canadians were waving imaginary cards at the ref and one of their central defenders got away with a professional foul that should have been a red ( a yellow given ).

There's still cynicism cheating and diving.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Womens World Cup on 21:51 - Jun 28 with 3498 viewsBanosswan

The Colombian keeper was stretchered off loads, but always came back on. She was hardly touched each time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Womens World Cup on 22:02 - Jun 28 with 3484 viewsjackthepeg

Womens World Cup on 21:46 - Jun 28 by blueytheblue

Yet the Canadians were waving imaginary cards at the ref and one of their central defenders got away with a professional foul that should have been a red ( a yellow given ).

There's still cynicism cheating and diving.

My observations on the game were of the England team whose attitude throughout was properly professional, and not as we know it from our own experience of the Premier league.
You are right, and i agree that the Canada team were more like we see here every week.
Login to get fewer ads

Womens World Cup on 22:35 - Jun 28 with 3453 viewsImAlrightJack

Fu*k The Lionesses, hope Japan beat them. Stupid fake country anyway.
Womens World Cup on 22:37 - Jun 28 with 3449 viewsImAlrightJack

Womens World Cup on 13:53 - Jun 28 by jackthepeg

Don't sink low to English standards by dragging up WW affairs during every match. Just look at the YouTube comments Englanders make on videos involving international teams.

Even saying "England" makes me want to wretch. How did that joke of a country come about anyway?, wasn't it annexing Wessex, Mercia and Northumberland together?. Frank Turner ruined what would have been a good album, with all that Jingolistic garbage.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 22:41]
Womens World Cup on 22:43 - Jun 28 with 3438 viewsdgt73

Womens World Cup on 22:35 - Jun 28 by ImAlrightJack

Oh look the forums lunatic is out........

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Womens World Cup on 22:46 - Jun 28 with 3430 viewsdgt73

Womens World Cup on 22:37 - Jun 28 by ImAlrightJack

Don't sink low to English standards by dragging up WW affairs during every match. Just look at the YouTube comments Englanders make on videos involving international teams.

Even saying "England" makes me want to wretch. How did that joke of a country come about anyway?, wasn't it annexing Wessex, Mercia and Northumberland together?. Frank Turner ruined what would have been a good album, with all that Jingolistic garbage.

Come on it's time to come out. We all know you want England to do well. You opened a thread called " women's World Cup" what did you think it was about quantum mechanics ?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Womens World Cup on 11:27 - Jun 29 with 3322 viewsDafyddHuw

Womens World Cup on 22:35 - Jun 28 by ImAlrightJack

Innit. Media frothing at the gash cos an England team (if it's not the men then the women will do) has made it ro the semis.
Womens World Cup on 13:20 - Jun 29 with 3242 viewsshandyjack

Womens World Cup on 11:27 - Jun 29 by DafyddHuw

Innit. Media frothing at the gash cos an England team (if it's not the men then the women will do) has made it ro the semis.

and we are frothing at the Gash because we top a qualifying group

Poll: Expectation for the season

Womens World Cup on 13:48 - Jun 29 with 3202 viewsGroo

Went to the Japan game, was impressed I could buy a beer from the beer vendors in the crowd.

Prob be going Wednesday too.

Groo does what Groo does best

Womens World Cup on 14:18 - Jun 29 with 3175 viewsDull1Thomas

Impressed (and worried for England) by the skills shown by the Japanese team.

The interview with the England manager was fun. Started with a very neutral accent that became more and more Welsh as he he got more emotional.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Womens World Cup on 15:23 - Jun 29 with 3141 viewsGroo

Womens World Cup on 14:18 - Jun 29 by Dull1Thomas

Impressed (and worried for England) by the skills shown by the Japanese team.

The interview with the England manager was fun. Started with a very neutral accent that became more and more Welsh as he he got more emotional.

The Japanese team had more chances created but their final third was quite poor.

Their left winger appeared to hug the line but whenever they passed to her, she put her foot on the ball and passed back inside and back. Never seen her run at the defender once.

Groo does what Groo does best

Womens World Cup on 23:17 - Jul 1 with 2988 viewsPozuelosSideys

So the BBC thinks the way to hype a womens World Cup semi is to compare it alongside and on a par with the mens game. Why?

Its completely different. Instead of spending hours yawning on about 1966 and Italia 90, interviews with all the usual suspects, how about they tell the world who the fck the players are. Poor exposure for them so far on a personal levels. If it was the mens game, youd have interviews galore and youd know what they had for tea last night.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 23:18]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Womens World Cup on 23:47 - Jul 1 with 2960 viewsBanosswan

Interesting comments from the Japanese coach!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Womens World Cup on 23:49 - Jul 1 with 2954 viewsClinton

Womens World Cup on 15:23 - Jun 29 by Groo

The Japanese team had more chances created but their final third was quite poor.

Their left winger appeared to hug the line but whenever they passed to her, she put her foot on the ball and passed back inside and back. Never seen her run at the defender once.

Was it Nathan Dyer in disguise?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Womens World Cup on 23:57 - Jul 1 with 2944 viewsBanosswan

England's not national anthem anthem

Womens World Cup on 00:00 - Jul 2 with 2940 viewsStarsky

Womens World Cup on 11:27 - Jun 29 by DafyddHuw

Oh look out the bitter welshies are about.

It's just the internet, init.

Womens World Cup on 00:01 - Jul 2 with 2938 viewsStarsky

Womens World Cup on 22:37 - Jun 28 by ImAlrightJack

You have issues.
Racist.

It's just the internet, init.

Womens World Cup on 00:18 - Jul 2 with 2921 viewsBanosswan

Severe lack of composure, trying the final ball as soon as they get possession. A bit of calm and they have the individuals to win this.

Womens World Cup on 00:41 - Jul 2 with 2888 viewslidojack

What were we saying about the women not diving?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024