Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. 17:16 - Jun 28 with 4016 viewsoldgrey

Just seen the announcement. Yes were part of the youth of many of us. Never listened to them after 1975 though.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 17:20 - Jun 28 with 4006 viewsDr_Winston

Great bass guitarist.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 17:37 - Jun 28 with 3992 viewsJackanapes

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 17:20 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

Great bass guitarist.

That bassline is so good it makes me laugh out loud. It sounds like hes playing a chainsaw through a megaphone into a vat of yogurt. He used to output his bass into two amps simultaneously , one bass amp and one guitar amp. Thats how he got his flappy sound. Him and Bill Bruford were an amazing rhythm section. A sad day.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 17:38]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 17:47 - Jun 28 with 3968 viewsDarran

Sad news.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:17 - Jun 28 with 3888 viewsPegojack

I am deeply saddened to hear this news.

Yes were my favourite band by a mile in my teenage years. 'Close to the Edge' is the definitive progressive rock album of all time, produced by five musical geniuses, and it has retained pride of place on my car hi fi ever since. I remember seeing a documentary on prog rock a year or two ago in which Bill Bruford said "when we came to the end of recording, I thought, OK, that's it, we might as well all pack up and go home now, there's nothing else we can do, it doesn't get any better than that". Too true.

Any youngsters reading this who want to know what prog rock was all about, listen in order to The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge.

God bless you, Chris, RIP.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:24 - Jun 28 with 3877 viewsDarran

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:17 - Jun 28 by Pegojack

I am deeply saddened to hear this news.

Yes were my favourite band by a mile in my teenage years. 'Close to the Edge' is the definitive progressive rock album of all time, produced by five musical geniuses, and it has retained pride of place on my car hi fi ever since. I remember seeing a documentary on prog rock a year or two ago in which Bill Bruford said "when we came to the end of recording, I thought, OK, that's it, we might as well all pack up and go home now, there's nothing else we can do, it doesn't get any better than that". Too true.

Any youngsters reading this who want to know what prog rock was all about, listen in order to The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge.

God bless you, Chris, RIP.

Do you know Rick Wakemans got a show on Planet Rock on a Sunday morning Mke?
He tells loads of tales,it's only on for a couple of more weeks though.

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/rick-wakeman/

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:32 - Jun 28 with 3861 viewsPegojack

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:24 - Jun 28 by Darran

Cheers, Dar.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:50 - Jun 28 with 3846 viewsPegojack

And while we're at it, here's one for Yes nuts which I just found on U-Tube, hadn't seen it before. Type in "Rick Wakeman - close to the edge (on piano)."

More musical ability in one of his arsehole hairs than Kayne West's got in his entire body.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 3836 viewsmonmouth

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:50 - Jun 28 by Pegojack

And while we're at it, here's one for Yes nuts which I just found on U-Tube, hadn't seen it before. Type in "Rick Wakeman - close to the edge (on piano)."

More musical ability in one of his arsehole hairs than Kayne West's got in his entire body.

Wakeman does a good few interpretations of yes tracks. I was doubtful to say the least but he is superb at it.

As to Chris Squire; for me the best song supporting bass player I've ever heard. As someone else said....him and Bruford....I still love the first part of heart of the sunrise with just the two of them.

RIP to one of my musical heroes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 13:27 - Jun 29 with 3749 viewsDarran

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:32 - Jun 28 by Pegojack

Cheers, Dar.

There's an interview with Chris Squire and Rick Wakeman Planetrock this coming Sunday at 7pm with loads of funny stories.

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 01:54 - Jun 30 with 3682 viewsEbo

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 20:24 - Jun 28 by Darran

If you get the chance, read Rick Wakeman's book. It's hilarious. Great drunken stories and some mad things happened on tour.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 09:01 - Jun 30 with 3642 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 01:54 - Jun 30 by Ebo

If you get the chance, read Rick Wakeman's book. It's hilarious. Great drunken stories and some mad things happened on tour.

A very funny bloke and a great raconteur. The story about the trumpet player in a white suit struggling to hit a big high note after one beer too many had me in tears...
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 09:37 - Jun 30 with 3627 viewsPegojack

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 01:54 - Jun 30 by Ebo

Which book is that? Looking at E-bay, seems like he's got more than one out.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 09:59 - Jun 30 with 3617 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 09:37 - Jun 30 by Pegojack

Which book is that? Looking at E-bay, seems like he's got more than one out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grumpy-Old-Rock-Star-Wonderous/dp/1846571502

1p second hand plus £2.80 postage...

I hated his music with a passion but the book is laugh out loud funny.
Chris Squire, Yes bassist dies today. on 00:04 - Jul 2 with 3558 viewsEbo

It certainly is! I bought it for my brother years ago as a birthday present and I had a quick look through it and ended reading it :)

Yes the trumpet player shenanigans and the the tale where he got that young DJ drunk too!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024