Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy 12:09 - Jun 29 with 13992 viewsDarran

I see Phil Sumbler is getting it in the neck again,apparently he's to blame for the Wonky Sheep fiasco because he's giving them free advertising on here. (can anyone else see it?)
It's a shame though that after all this time they can't just get on with it instead of constantly having a go at Planetswans.
Seeing as the Evening Post recently had a go at Jackswan about their cover of the American flag on fire they could go to town on the numerous racist and anti-Semitic posts on that forum.
They actually ban people for making posts on other sites wishing death on one person yet when one racist piece of scum posts jokes (more than once) about millions of Jews being gassed by the Nazis the mods have a laugh with him.
Utter filth and the photo below is just one post of many.

EDIT BY NETWORK: Removal of graphic with clear racist joke, appreciate that the jokes are posted elsewhere but content removed because it is of an offensive nature

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:11 - Jul 1 with 1828 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 11:58 - Jul 1 by swanjackal

In your opinion. Not in mine. Purely subjective.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 12:00]

Whats the best then?

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:26 - Jul 1 with 1807 viewsswanjackal

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:11 - Jul 1 by Darran

Whats the best then?

For me, I prefer the layout and features of thejackarmy, a cleaner site, and easier to use on a tablet. As mentioned, I enjoy the discussions with people on the football thread there, often having a polar opposite view to myself, but am able to try to discuss/debate the matter cleanly without it disintegrating into a slagging match. This may not be what others find, but it is my experience, and my sole opinion. There are drawbacks on there, as there are on here, there is sometime unpleasantness there, as there is on here, but I have the self ability to drag myself away from it most of the time, and try not to get involved.

I know you were very upset at being banned from there, which is self evident from your posts here on the matter, but it may be time to let it go, and this goes for those on thejackarmy, as well as the others on here that have been banned, it goes both ways.

So, I will leave it at "the experience is what you make it", yours is a poor one, mine is a positive one, and for me the positives of the jackarmy site outweigh the positives of this site. That being said, I don't dislike/hate PS at all, I just have a preference for posting on Jackarmy, and I find a lot of posters on here very entertaining to read (although I am probably not of the same philosophies as Lohengrin, I do enjoy his posts a lot because they are either very witty, or intelectually well thought out), and some not so, just like the other site, just like any forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:33 - Jul 1 with 1797 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:26 - Jul 1 by swanjackal

For me, I prefer the layout and features of thejackarmy, a cleaner site, and easier to use on a tablet. As mentioned, I enjoy the discussions with people on the football thread there, often having a polar opposite view to myself, but am able to try to discuss/debate the matter cleanly without it disintegrating into a slagging match. This may not be what others find, but it is my experience, and my sole opinion. There are drawbacks on there, as there are on here, there is sometime unpleasantness there, as there is on here, but I have the self ability to drag myself away from it most of the time, and try not to get involved.

I know you were very upset at being banned from there, which is self evident from your posts here on the matter, but it may be time to let it go, and this goes for those on thejackarmy, as well as the others on here that have been banned, it goes both ways.

So, I will leave it at "the experience is what you make it", yours is a poor one, mine is a positive one, and for me the positives of the jackarmy site outweigh the positives of this site. That being said, I don't dislike/hate PS at all, I just have a preference for posting on Jackarmy, and I find a lot of posters on here very entertaining to read (although I am probably not of the same philosophies as Lohengrin, I do enjoy his posts a lot because they are either very witty, or intelectually well thought out), and some not so, just like the other site, just like any forum.

Hahaha WTF? You think I'm bothered about being banned? Really?
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.
Here's a serious question for you,if I was banned from there for making my post on here do you think the person that's making vile racist jokes and that has posted more than one anti-Semitic photo on 'there' should actually be banned from 'there' too?

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:51 - Jul 1 with 1783 viewsswanjackal

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:33 - Jul 1 by Darran

Hahaha WTF? You think I'm bothered about being banned? Really?
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.
Here's a serious question for you,if I was banned from there for making my post on here do you think the person that's making vile racist jokes and that has posted more than one anti-Semitic photo on 'there' should actually be banned from 'there' too?

I wouldn't have banned you in the first place, and I mentioned this the time of the ban. So my answer would be I wouldn't ban either of you, and rather let you discuss why you have arrived at your conclusions and let other people question your stances. I believe in open discussion.

I do think that if the comments you made warranted a ban, then so does the other persons. As I have mentioned previously, there are biases in play on both sites, it could also be leveled that you should have been banned from here for the comments made on here, and he should be banned from the jackarmy site. That would be the fair outcome if moderation was equal.

Finally, if you are not bothered, why do you bring up the site all the time in a derogatory way? Surely, you can see that this is being perceived by most people that it really has had an effect on you, and that you cannot let it go. Most people who are not bothered would just get on with it, but your actions belie your words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:54 - Jul 1 with 1779 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 12:51 - Jul 1 by swanjackal

I wouldn't have banned you in the first place, and I mentioned this the time of the ban. So my answer would be I wouldn't ban either of you, and rather let you discuss why you have arrived at your conclusions and let other people question your stances. I believe in open discussion.

I do think that if the comments you made warranted a ban, then so does the other persons. As I have mentioned previously, there are biases in play on both sites, it could also be leveled that you should have been banned from here for the comments made on here, and he should be banned from the jackarmy site. That would be the fair outcome if moderation was equal.

Finally, if you are not bothered, why do you bring up the site all the time in a derogatory way? Surely, you can see that this is being perceived by most people that it really has had an effect on you, and that you cannot let it go. Most people who are not bothered would just get on with it, but your actions belie your words.

I agree with you and it's nice to be able to have a decent conversation with someone.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:35 - Jul 1 with 1750 viewsshandyjack

i thought this was one of those Darren obsessive threads but then i saw this and i couldn't believe how disgusting it is

https://thejack.army/threads/ramadan.8365/

Poll: Expectation for the season

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:38 - Jul 1 with 1746 viewsLohengrin

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:35 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

i thought this was one of those Darren obsessive threads but then i saw this and i couldn't believe how disgusting it is

"....It starts today and puts the slim in Muslim."

That was quite funny.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:40 - Jul 1 with 1741 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:35 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

That's just the tip of the iceberg mate there's much worse than that on there.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:42 - Jul 1 with 1735 viewsshandyjack

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:40 - Jul 1 by Darran

That's just the tip of the iceberg mate there's much worse than that on there.

i went on it to see what all the fuss was about, have to say the layout is very similar to the layout here, but too many bright colours makes it a nightmare to read. think i'll stick with this site for ease of use

Poll: Expectation for the season

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:00 - Jul 1 with 1696 viewsdailew

It's like going back 40 years on there.

Use of the word P*** and anything homophobic seem perfectly acceptable.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:24 - Jul 1 with 1675 viewsswanjackal

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:00 - Jul 1 by dailew

No down arrows too, so you would be a bit grumpy.

Also, you don't have to look too far down this board to see smatterings of homophobic sentiment, and racist undertones. Does it jusitfy its use elsewhere? Not at all, but blinkers must be off for all cases.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 16:29]

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:29 - Jul 1 with 1662 viewsexiledclaseboy

If I find a forum I don't like I just don't tend to visit. Mind, it helps that I'm banned from the forum in question.

Poll: Tory leader

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:32 - Jul 1 with 1658 viewsswanjackal

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:29 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

If I find a forum I don't like I just don't tend to visit. Mind, it helps that I'm banned from the forum in question.

Exactly. If you don't like something, you don't have to use it.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:38 - Jul 1 with 1641 viewsJimmyGilligan

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 11:14 - Jul 1 by Lord_Bony

I'm not being funny here but what the hell do you expect from a football forum?

This is not Mumsnet,which incidentally these days uses more obscene language than you ll find here.

If we introduced political correctness and policed every post made here believe me it would be a dull,unintersting sterile ,humourless forum.

You look at ANY forum of say the prem and championship teams...there are not many out there that has the intelligence and depth of debate that still takes place on here.

I only lightly dabbled in the good old days as you describe and I don t see much difference between then and now...a lot of the old posters have gone but a shed load of new ones equally as entertaining have taken their place...all sites evolve...in another 7 years or so there will be a whole lot more new posters on here and lots missing.that's the nature of the Internet.

All in all Planet Swans is still a good platform for SCFC and the football supporters of that club.

I can't work out whether the blind stupidity on here from some is because they're genuinely a bit twp or they're just doing it on purpose.

I didn't even once mention political correctness, but if you believe you have to poke fun at various minorities be it gays, muslims or whatever to be funny, then you need to upgrade your DVD collection and throw out those Jim Davidson shows.

Holding this site up as some paragon of virtue is laughable. Any questionable topic you can find on 'the other site' will be mirrored here, the people here are just better at disguising what they actually mean as generally they've had a few years more practice at it.

There is no doubt that each site has their fair share of pillocks, but the scale tips far further in this direction.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 16:39]
Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 17:25 - Jul 1 with 1586 viewsswanjackal

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:42 - Jul 1 by shandyjack

i went on it to see what all the fuss was about, have to say the layout is very similar to the layout here, but too many bright colours makes it a nightmare to read. think i'll stick with this site for ease of use

You can actually change the colours to various schemes, based on recent home or away combos.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 17:37 - Jul 1 with 1567 viewsDarran

The holocaust is funny too.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 17:38 - Jul 1 with 1565 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:29 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

You must have done something awful to be banned from there.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 17:41 - Jul 1 with 1558 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 16:38 - Jul 1 by JimmyGilligan

I can't work out whether the blind stupidity on here from some is because they're genuinely a bit twp or they're just doing it on purpose.

I didn't even once mention political correctness, but if you believe you have to poke fun at various minorities be it gays, muslims or whatever to be funny, then you need to upgrade your DVD collection and throw out those Jim Davidson shows.

Holding this site up as some paragon of virtue is laughable. Any questionable topic you can find on 'the other site' will be mirrored here, the people here are just better at disguising what they actually mean as generally they've had a few years more practice at it.

There is no doubt that each site has their fair share of pillocks, but the scale tips far further in this direction.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 16:39]

It won't be mirrored here because it would be deleted straight away the mods wouldn't have a laugh at it and tell the poster to have a pasty.
(That pasty thing is so funny too)

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 19:49 - Jul 1 with 1512 viewsDarran

Seeing as I'm having so many PMs asking me WTF this all about it's about these vile posts below on another site,all from the same poster too.

Removed again - please don't post a third time because it is likely to result in a ban

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 19:56 - Jul 1 with 1497 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 19:49 - Jul 1 by Darran

Seeing as I'm having so many PMs asking me WTF this all about it's about these vile posts below on another site,all from the same poster too.

Removed again - please don't post a third time because it is likely to result in a ban

Sorry.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 20:28 - Jul 1 with 1435 viewsLord_Bony

Wow that is just sick racism at its worse.

I wont be contributing there

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 23:26 - Jul 1 with 1341 viewsLohengrin

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 17:37 - Jul 1 by Darran

The holocaust is funny too.

I've been to Passchendaele a few times, Daz. It's very moving.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 23:29 - Jul 1 with 1336 viewsDarran

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 23:26 - Jul 1 by Lohengrin

I've been to Passchendaele a few times, Daz. It's very moving.

I don't doubt it,some obviously do though. B

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 1222 viewsDarran

There's someone been arrested in Neath apparently for calling a Spanish comedian appearing at last nights Comedy Festival a paki c*nt.

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 14:06 - Jul 3 with 1197 viewsLohengrin

Meanwhile on the racist anti-Semitic site Jackarmy on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Darran

There's someone been arrested in Neath apparently for calling a Spanish comedian appearing at last nights Comedy Festival a paki c*nt.

Charged with having a poor sense of direction?

[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 14:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024