Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These Calais Migrants 17:24 - Jun 29 with 2320 viewsDarran

Why are they not happy to stay in Central Europe then?
They've escaped from the horrendous conditions of their own countries to try and make better lives for themselves but still aren't happy.
Seriously what's so wrong with France and why do they see Britain as being so much better than France?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

These Calais Migrants on 17:40 - Jun 29 with 1541 viewsNeath_Jack

They don't like garlic or onions, and France is well known for having loads of gayers. They don't call the capital Gay Paris for nothing.*

*Just to keep it on track with the other threads here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

These Calais Migrants on 17:47 - Jun 29 with 1525 viewsDarran

These Calais Migrants on 17:40 - Jun 29 by Neath_Jack

They don't like garlic or onions, and France is well known for having loads of gayers. They don't call the capital Gay Paris for nothing.*

*Just to keep it on track with the other threads here.

It is actually a serious question,what am I not getting?

These Calais Migrants on 17:49 - Jun 29 with 1516 viewsLohengrin

These Calais Migrants on 17:47 - Jun 29 by Darran

It is actually a serious question,what am I not getting?

They are obviously under the impression that if they make it to these shores and shout "ASYLUM!" their every whim will be catered for gratis, courstesy of mugs like me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

These Calais Migrants on 17:50 - Jun 29 with 1506 viewsDarran

These Calais Migrants on 17:49 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

They are obviously under the impression that if they make it to these shores and shout "ASYLUM!" their every whim will be catered for gratis, courstesy of mugs like me.

But why can't they shout it in France?

These Calais Migrants on 17:53 - Jun 29 with 1498 viewsLohengrin

These Calais Migrants on 17:50 - Jun 29 by Darran

They could but they'd just have to sit there and starve because they'll get nothing from the French.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 17:55]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

These Calais Migrants on 17:55 - Jun 29 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

These Calais Migrants on 17:50 - Jun 29 by Darran

Partly because they don't know how to say it in French?

In all seriousness, I honestly think some of it is language related - a lot are far more likely to have a basic smattering of English than of any other language (I'm obviously not talking about those from for example, former French colonies etc before anyone starts).
These Calais Migrants on 18:18 - Jun 29 with 1460 viewsCooperman

I don't know the answer to Darran's question but my guess is that it's to do with the speed at which government provided benefit can be obtained.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

These Calais Migrants on 18:23 - Jun 29 with 1452 viewsPozuelosSideys

They get access to higher levels of funding (benefits) and housing here than in the rest of teh EU. They also receieve it quicker rather than the systems across the continent whereby you have to effectively pay in before you can take out.

Unfortunately we are unable to change our rules to those of many of our continental cousins as the EU deems that to be unfair - the logic being that we shouldnt treat non-UK citizens any differently to UK citizens. So we are effectively locked in to being the land of sweetness and honey.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

These Calais Migrants on 19:20 - Jun 29 with 1388 viewsexiledclaseboy

How much is Phil paying you for these threads, Dazzler?

Poll: Tory leader

These Calais Migrants on 19:22 - Jun 29 with 1382 viewsDarran

These Calais Migrants on 19:20 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

How much is Phil paying you for these threads, Dazzler?

Serious question whilst watching the news Andrew.

These Calais Migrants on 19:24 - Jun 29 with 1373 viewsexiledclaseboy

These Calais Migrants on 18:23 - Jun 29 by PozuelosSideys

They get access to higher levels of funding (benefits) and housing here than in the rest of teh EU. They also receieve it quicker rather than the systems across the continent whereby you have to effectively pay in before you can take out.

Unfortunately we are unable to change our rules to those of many of our continental cousins as the EU deems that to be unfair - the logic being that we shouldnt treat non-UK citizens any differently to UK citizens. So we are effectively locked in to being the land of sweetness and honey.

Yet of course they'll be here illegally and as such unable to claim any of those benefits. Someone who's got here by attaching themselves to the rear axel of the nearest 44 tonne lorry isn't likely to run straight to the nearest DWP office announcing their illegal entry and asking for loads of free money. Asylum claim wouldn't work either seeing as they'd have travelled through most of mainland Europe to get here and you must claim asylum in the first safe country you land in after the one you've left.

These Calais Migrants on 19:27 - Jun 29 with 1366 viewsDarran

These Calais Migrants on 19:24 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Yet of course they'll be here illegally and as such unable to claim any of those benefits. Someone who's got here by attaching themselves to the rear axel of the nearest 44 tonne lorry isn't likely to run straight to the nearest DWP office announcing their illegal entry and asking for loads of free money. Asylum claim wouldn't work either seeing as they'd have travelled through most of mainland Europe to get here and you must claim asylum in the first safe country you land in after the one you've left.

Why do you think they're not happy with France Andrew?

These Calais Migrants on 19:29 - Jun 29 with 1359 viewsSirjohnalot

They have to claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive in (not UK ) similarly they'll not be able to claim benefits either. They'll be working somewhere illegally before being raided and kept in immigration detention.

The obvious problem is proving which country the initially landed in.
These Calais Migrants on 19:32 - Jun 29 with 1349 viewsexiledclaseboy

These Calais Migrants on 19:27 - Jun 29 by Darran

Why do you think they're not happy with France Andrew?

The French? The basic lack of manners? The terrible customer service? The questionable personal hygiene of the general population? The complete lack of any understanding of the definition of the word "queue"? Disneyland? The significant support for the racist far right Front Nationale?

Take your pick. I've no idea.

These Calais Migrants on 19:35 - Jun 29 with 1348 viewsskippyjack

F*cking obvious ain't it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

These Calais Migrants on 19:37 - Jun 29 with 1339 viewsDarran

These Calais Migrants on 19:32 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

The French? The basic lack of manners? The terrible customer service? The questionable personal hygiene of the general population? The complete lack of any understanding of the definition of the word "queue"? Disneyland? The significant support for the racist far right Front Nationale?

Take your pick. I've no idea.

It's an interesting one.

These Calais Migrants on 19:37 - Jun 29 with 1336 viewslondonlisa2001

These Calais Migrants on 19:35 - Jun 29 by skippyjack

F*cking obvious ain't it.

They're only here to watch the Swans ?
These Calais Migrants on 19:45 - Jun 29 with 1310 viewsskippyjack

These Calais Migrants on 19:37 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

They're only here to watch the Swans ?

I have noticed a lot in designer gear.. I wonder where that came from.. They're all starving over 'there' mun!

If Darran doesn't know the answer.. There's no help for him.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

These Calais Migrants on 19:47 - Jun 29 with 1303 viewsPozuelosSideys

These Calais Migrants on 19:24 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Depends what documents you can get your hands on really isnt it?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

These Calais Migrants on 19:54 - Jun 29 with 1287 viewsskippyjack

These Calais Migrants on 19:47 - Jun 29 by PozuelosSideys

Depends what documents you can get your hands on really isnt it?

Don't listen to him.. This country is riddled with legal immigrant trafficking..

These Calais Migrants on 20:03 - Jun 29 with 1267 viewsllareggub

sits back an waits for an animal cruelty thread featuring puppies an kittens ..................seriously do we really need to see this deliberately provocative posting just to generate site hits its tedious ................
These Calais Migrants on 20:34 - Jun 29 with 1227 viewsDr_Winston

They can claim asylum wherever they choose to. They might not get granted it, but quite often they get granted exceptional leave to remain which is basically the same thing. Once they get either they're then entitled to claim most state benefits. Then most of them end up working somewhere. I can recall very few "asylum seekers" staying on benefits for long.

You stand more chance of getting denied payment as an EU national after a certain period under the new HRT/GPoW rules.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

These Calais Migrants on 20:35 - Jun 29 with 1222 viewsVinnie

Darran,you know the answer.They do not want asylum as such,they just want to get to Britain.In this country live the most generous mugs in the world.
These Calais Migrants on 23:23 - Jun 29 with 1146 viewsKilkennyjack

These Calais Migrants on 17:55 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

Partly because they don't know how to say it in French?

In all seriousness, I honestly think some of it is language related - a lot are far more likely to have a basic smattering of English than of any other language (I'm obviously not talking about those from for example, former French colonies etc before anyone starts).

Correct - the pull of the English language.

Beware of the Risen People

These Calais Migrants on 09:49 - Jun 30 with 1066 viewsItchySphincter

It's because there's a general shortage of traffic wardens here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024