Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) 20:35 - Jun 29 with 10287 viewsJackSwanTV

Got a cracking interview with Leigh Dineen in issue #38 of Jack Swan where we have a good look at the commercial side of the club. He reveals a lot of interesting things including how many shirts we have sold in South Korea.

Plus we have Ferrie Bodde's Swans eleven, some great stories from Mel Nurse plus all the usual.

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue_38

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 15:27 - Jul 1 with 2363 viewsScoobyWho

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:24 - Jun 29 by monmouth

I rubbed my eyes at that one too and thought I'd misread it. That would be the commercial f**k up of all f**k ups wouldn't it? It's not a question you'd even think to ask it would be so insane.

We don't have that ability, remember, we are still barttling parochial demons, it doesn't surprise me at all if true.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:15 - Jul 1 with 2325 viewsdgt73

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 12:09 - Jun 30 by hobo

South Korea is a very rich country too, so it's madness not to be selling them over there. Swans shirts should be on sale in every major sports chain in the country!

South Korea has a much lower GDP than the UK. So what you said is wrong.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:16 - Jul 1 with 2323 viewsdgt73

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:24 - Jun 29 by monmouth

I rubbed my eyes at that one too and thought I'd misread it. That would be the commercial f**k up of all f**k ups wouldn't it? It's not a question you'd even think to ask it would be so insane.

Wtf are you on ?

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:24 - Jul 1 with 2321 viewsdobjack2

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 15:09 - Jun 30 by Dewi1jack

A serious question for you, not having a pop, just asking.
Do you think our commercial department lacks ideas or expertise?
They could easily be bringing in more money (even if it's only a few quid on each shirt sale.)
The amount of FREE World wide advertising the whole of the PL gives us, any size company would adore. They pay a fortune just for a little 20/ 30 second second radio or TV ad, shown/ heard locally. National advert prices are even higher.
We get shown on TV around the World. We're in the major papers on a fairly constant basis (even more so when we beat the "biggies"), we have radio coverage, internet coverage etc and it's free.
And the bloody shirts were only available recently in the club shop or Debenhams Swansea. Don't think there's even an FleaBay shop set up (I could be wrong, haven't looked.)

No problem asking.

I think some things could be done better and from a distance feel that there must be commercial opportunities out there, the shirts comment if true being an example. however a full review of all our commercial activities would be needed to establish whether that was the case and if so what needs to be done to improve revenue, rather than a trial by internet forum. The centenary shirt fiasco and the crowd facing advertisements immediately spring to mind as things that could have been done better. I'm sure that examples of things that have been done well could be found as well.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:34 - Jul 1 with 2313 viewsdgt73

The chief executive of man utd said not long ago, that if Man U could make £1 profit from each of their fans in Asia they could financially blow man city out of the water, but they can't. So if man utd can't, Swansea have no chance........regardless who's running the commercial dept.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 18:41 - Jul 1 with 2244 viewsGlyn1

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:15 - Jul 1 by dgt73

South Korea does have a lower GDP but it isn't that much lower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

1st table we're 27th and they are 30th. 2nd table 24th and 31st in our favour. 3rd table 30th and 32nd to us. We're between $2 to $5 thousand richer than them per person, so they do have a lot of disposable income that we could try to take a chunk of.

By the way, back in the 1950s after the Korean civil war, the Americans sent a high-level team to advise how to get the country back on its feet. They recommended that the Koreans should stick to agriculture!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 18:47]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 18:50 - Jul 1 with 2234 viewshobo

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:15 - Jul 1 by dgt73

I'm never wrong
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 18:53 - Jul 1 with 2229 viewsWarwickHunt

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 16:34 - Jul 1 by dgt73

The chief executive of man utd said not long ago, that if Man U could make £1 profit from each of their fans in Asia they could financially blow man city out of the water, but they can't. So if man utd can't, Swansea have no chance........regardless who's running the commercial dept.

Yep - Leonard from Pennard is doing a grand job...
Login to get fewer ads

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 18:59 - Jul 1 with 2219 viewsmonmouth

Ki Mugs? Ki Scarves? Ki bollocks for your dog? Ki key rings?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:09 - Jul 1 with 2178 viewsGlyn1

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 18:59 - Jul 1 by monmouth

Ki Mugs? Ki Scarves? Ki bollocks for your dog? Ki key rings?

Monk - ki nuts?

So we won't lose much money if he leaves in this transfer window?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:01 - Sep 23 with 2005 viewsChrisSCFC

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 04:22 - Jun 30 by Starsky

From the magazine...
Question: "who's shirt is the biggest seller at the club"
Lee Dineen: "it's usually the goal scorer isn't it? I don't know"
WTF?

If he was being genuine there that's piss poor.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:30 - Sep 24 with 1879 viewstomdickharry

Close pal of mine has a son who is an executive in the Commercial Dept of a major American Co. he is also a Swans season ticket holder and has told me on numerous occasions that Swans being in the PL is the open door for the club to make a small fortune in Commercial terms.Isn't Dineen on a small fortune.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:12 - Sep 25 with 1692 viewsChrisSCFC

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:30 - Sep 24 by tomdickharry

Close pal of mine has a son who is an executive in the Commercial Dept of a major American Co. he is also a Swans season ticket holder and has told me on numerous occasions that Swans being in the PL is the open door for the club to make a small fortune in Commercial terms.Isn't Dineen on a small fortune.

Anyone could have told you that to be fair mate. Hope Dineen was taking the p!ss there.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 08:31 - Sep 26 with 1658 viewsTownhill_Hilton

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:24 - Jun 29 by Swan91

Honestly havent seen any. I've seen South korea shirts with Ki on it, but not swansea ones. Haven't seen a single swans shirt on sale and I've been to all the main shopping areas and big sports stores in seoul.

That's coz they've all sold out mun.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 11:32 - Sep 26 with 1615 viewsFlashberryjack

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 09:59 - Jun 30 by Dewi1jack

And this sums up the inadequacy of hiring non professionals for a commercial department in a multi million £ business, that is basically self promoting thanks to TV coverage.
All that free advertising in any country that airs the PL. Wasted
We've played City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal numerous times on TV since our promotion. Even beating them all which makes headlines (off day for Arsenal etc!!) in the papers all over the World.
How much free promotion/ advertising can you get without trying for your company?
And you can only get a shirt (at about £50 a pop with one of the biggest/ most famous kit/ training shoe makers on board) from the club shop.
I'm sure Adidas would help us sell them Worldwide if approached. Certainly offer ideas as it's in their interest to sell as many as poss.

Jobs for the boy's....commercial department...comical

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 12:13 - Sep 26 with 1567 viewsChrisSCFC

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 11:32 - Sep 26 by Flashberryjack

Jobs for the boy's....commercial department...comical

He's too busy spending all his time posting sarcastic shit on twitter. No other club in the Premier League would tolerate the commercial department being run in such a mickey mouse way,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024