Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) 20:35 - Jun 29 with 10321 viewsJackSwanTV

Got a cracking interview with Leigh Dineen in issue #38 of Jack Swan where we have a good look at the commercial side of the club. He reveals a lot of interesting things including how many shirts we have sold in South Korea.

Plus we have Ferrie Bodde's Swans eleven, some great stories from Mel Nurse plus all the usual.

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue_38

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:53 - Jun 29 with 7867 viewsSwan91

I've seen 1 or 2 people walking around here (seoul, Korea) with swans tops on and that's it. But nearly everyone knows swansea now though. When i say I'm from swansea they automatically say ki!! Or if I say ki plays for the city where I'm from then they say swansea so people know us here.

It's just stores sell Italian, Spanish and german(quite a few Koreans playing in Germany) shirts. The only pl clubs ive seen here are Man Utd, Chelsea and totenham weirdly enough. If there was more access to swansea shirts here with Ki on then im sure more people would buy it.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:14 - Jun 29 with 7741 viewsStarsky

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 20:53 - Jun 29 by Swan91

I've seen 1 or 2 people walking around here (seoul, Korea) with swans tops on and that's it. But nearly everyone knows swansea now though. When i say I'm from swansea they automatically say ki!! Or if I say ki plays for the city where I'm from then they say swansea so people know us here.

It's just stores sell Italian, Spanish and german(quite a few Koreans playing in Germany) shirts. The only pl clubs ive seen here are Man Utd, Chelsea and totenham weirdly enough. If there was more access to swansea shirts here with Ki on then im sure more people would buy it.

Are you telling me that you can't buy a Swansea shirt with Ki on it in Seoul?

It's just the internet, init.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:22 - Jun 29 with 7683 viewsDarran

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:14 - Jun 29 by Starsky

He's probably looking in the wrong places there's not much call for them in brothels.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 21:22]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:24 - Jun 29 with 7662 viewsSwan91

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:14 - Jun 29 by Starsky

Honestly havent seen any. I've seen South korea shirts with Ki on it, but not swansea ones. Haven't seen a single swans shirt on sale and I've been to all the main shopping areas and big sports stores in seoul.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:24 - Jun 29 with 7657 viewsmonmouth

I rubbed my eyes at that one too and thought I'd misread it. That would be the commercial f**k up of all f**k ups wouldn't it? It's not a question you'd even think to ask it would be so insane.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:26 - Jun 29 with 7631 viewsStarsky

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:22 - Jun 29 by Darran

He's probably looking in the wrong places there's not much call for them in brothels.

Lol, he'd better not.
Wait till I get him home!

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:28 - Jun 29 with 7606 viewsDarran

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:26 - Jun 29 by Starsky

Lol, he'd better not.
Wait till I get him home!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:10 - Jun 29 with 7167 viewswhiterock

So how many we selling, was told 200 a day when ki first joined, by the sounds of it, that's a bit far fetched
Login to get fewer ads

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:12 - Jun 29 with 7156 viewsSwan91

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:10 - Jun 29 by whiterock

So how many we selling, was told 200 a day when ki first joined, by the sounds of it, that's a bit far fetched

I think In the link it is said that we haven't sold more than 70-80 shirts there.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:14 - Jun 29 with 7149 viewsClinton

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 21:22 - Jun 29 by Darran

Although David Mellor did go for full Chelsea kit when playing away. Perhaps there's more demand then you'd imagine?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:34 - Jun 29 with 7081 viewsBanosswan

We've only just stopped selling them exclusively in the club shop and Debenhams

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 04:22 - Jun 30 with 6895 viewsStarsky

From the magazine...
Question: "who's shirt is the biggest seller at the club"
Lee Dineen: "it's usually the goal scorer isn't it? I don't know"
WTF?

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 09:59 - Jun 30 with 6574 viewsDewi1jack

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:34 - Jun 29 by Banosswan

We've only just stopped selling them exclusively in the club shop and Debenhams

And this sums up the inadequacy of hiring non professionals for a commercial department in a multi million £ business, that is basically self promoting thanks to TV coverage.
All that free advertising in any country that airs the PL. Wasted
We've played City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal numerous times on TV since our promotion. Even beating them all which makes headlines (off day for Arsenal etc!!) in the papers all over the World.
How much free promotion/ advertising can you get without trying for your company?
And you can only get a shirt (at about £50 a pop with one of the biggest/ most famous kit/ training shoe makers on board) from the club shop.
I'm sure Adidas would help us sell them Worldwide if approached. Certainly offer ideas as it's in their interest to sell as many as poss.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:02 - Jun 30 with 6572 viewsdobjack2

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 23:12 - Jun 29 by Swan91

I think In the link it is said that we haven't sold more than 70-80 shirts there.

If that is correct perhaps the commercial department should be asked what they have done to get Ki merchandise to Sourh Korea and what other commercial opportunities for the club they have been exploiting or seeking to exploit.

Without knowing what they are doing/ trying to do it is easy to slag off the commercial department when comments like those above are printed. However, the commercial department should perhaps communicate what it is up to and if it lacks ideas or expertise perhaps the board could look to employ someone with experience in this area.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:15 - Jun 30 with 6550 viewsSwan91

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 04:22 - Jun 30 by Starsky

From the magazine...
Question: "who's shirt is the biggest seller at the club"
Lee Dineen: "it's usually the goal scorer isn't it? I don't know"
WTF?

Sounds like the commercial department are in need of a shake up to be honest. For the past few seasons it seems like most of the complaints people have on this forum has something to do with the commercial department and most of the time it sounds like they do not know what they are doing. Crazy really.
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:53 - Jun 30 with 6498 viewsJackSwanTV

Do most Swans fans adore Leon Britton as much as South Korea love Ki?

How many will pay £60 for a MLS team shirt with him on? Brighton shirt?

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 11:09 - Jun 30 with 6462 viewsbuilthjack

Swans should have played a friendly there, and also in China, then the shirts may be sold.
Having said that, the Koreans at the Stoke home game at the end of the season must have had 100 shirts between them. They were in front of me at the tills. On sale at £15 though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 11:09 - Jun 30 with 6458 viewsJackSomething

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:53 - Jun 30 by JackSwanTV

Well that's a little different isn't it? Britton is one of our favourite sons, but we have plenty of other club legends, both current and past.

South Korea still has relatively few players at the top levels of club football, so Ki in the Premier League is a big deal. Plus we've been told him and his missus are the equivalent of the Beckhams over there.

I'm no expert, but if Swans shirts were easily available to South Koreans at a decent price (with Ki's name and number already on there), I'd presume they'd sell pretty well.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 12:09 - Jun 30 with 6360 viewshobo

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 11:09 - Jun 30 by JackSomething

Well that's a little different isn't it? Britton is one of our favourite sons, but we have plenty of other club legends, both current and past.

South Korea still has relatively few players at the top levels of club football, so Ki in the Premier League is a big deal. Plus we've been told him and his missus are the equivalent of the Beckhams over there.

I'm no expert, but if Swans shirts were easily available to South Koreans at a decent price (with Ki's name and number already on there), I'd presume they'd sell pretty well.

South Korea is a very rich country too, so it's madness not to be selling them over there. Swans shirts should be on sale in every major sports chain in the country!
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 13:00 - Jun 30 with 6259 viewsStarsky

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:02 - Jun 30 by dobjack2

If that is correct perhaps the commercial department should be asked what they have done to get Ki merchandise to Sourh Korea and what other commercial opportunities for the club they have been exploiting or seeking to exploit.

Without knowing what they are doing/ trying to do it is easy to slag off the commercial department when comments like those above are printed. However, the commercial department should perhaps communicate what it is up to and if it lacks ideas or expertise perhaps the board could look to employ someone with experience in this area.

I Hear what you're saying, however you've only got to remember how little foresight went into the stock orders for the centenary shirt.
It's well documented on here.
Supply dried up before Christmas on popular sizes.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 13:01 - Jun 30 with 6257 viewsSwan91

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:53 - Jun 30 by JackSwanTV

Lots of people wear foreign football club shirts in korea, mainly ones with korean footballers on them. But for some reason swansea shirts are nowhere to be found.

Another thing to add is that there are a lot of korean people in London. And last time we played arsenal quite a few turned up to support the swans. My friend who is korean was one of them. And she said that they wanted to get shirts a week before the game so they can turn up to support the swans. But most had trouble. So some wernt able to buy them.

There should be atleast a few major cities we should be looking at selling shirts but for some reason we are not able to do it.

The cities i think are: London, Hong Kong, Seoul, somewhere in America and maybe look into the African market now that we have ayew and possibly barrow for the future.

We should be looking at distributing to these places but I don't think we are. Could be a ruined opportunity for extra revenue!
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 15:09 - Jun 30 with 6076 viewsDewi1jack

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 10:02 - Jun 30 by dobjack2

A serious question for you, not having a pop, just asking.
Do you think our commercial department lacks ideas or expertise?
They could easily be bringing in more money (even if it's only a few quid on each shirt sale.)
The amount of FREE World wide advertising the whole of the PL gives us, any size company would adore. They pay a fortune just for a little 20/ 30 second second radio or TV ad, shown/ heard locally. National advert prices are even higher.
We get shown on TV around the World. We're in the major papers on a fairly constant basis (even more so when we beat the "biggies"), we have radio coverage, internet coverage etc and it's free.
And the bloody shirts were only available recently in the club shop or Debenhams Swansea. Don't think there's even an FleaBay shop set up (I could be wrong, haven't looked.)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 15:33 - Jun 30 with 6053 viewsGlyn1

Swans shirts are finally now on sale in the big Sports Direct store in Oxford St, London. Not that I'd willingly give Mike Ashley any of my money, but if any Koreans attending London away matches can't get shirts from the club shop, then send them to there.

[EDIT: whiterock has pointed out below that they are on sale in JD Sports not Sports Direct, so nothing to do with Mike Ashley. Here's the Swans page on their website: http://www.jdsports.co.uk/search/Swansea ]
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:52]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 17:21 - Jun 30 with 5962 viewswhiterock

REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 15:33 - Jun 30 by Glyn1

Swans shirts are finally now on sale in the big Sports Direct store in Oxford St, London. Not that I'd willingly give Mike Ashley any of my money, but if any Koreans attending London away matches can't get shirts from the club shop, then send them to there.

[EDIT: whiterock has pointed out below that they are on sale in JD Sports not Sports Direct, so nothing to do with Mike Ashley. Here's the Swans page on their website: http://www.jdsports.co.uk/search/Swansea ]
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:52]

Not sports direct, JD sports, nothing to do with Mike Ashley
REVEALED; How many Swans shirts sold in South Korea! (it is surprising!!!!!) on 14:23 - Jul 1 with 5590 viewsJackSwanTV

On the other side of it. Were people impressed with sales in U.S?? Thought that was incredible

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024