Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National minute's silence Friday 21:26 - Jun 29 with 3486 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33313103

National minute's silence Friday on 21:47 - Jun 29 with 2902 viewsSwanzay

Have to say I find this most bizarre, is Cameron trying to use these tragic events to his own advantage?
National minute's silence Friday on 21:58 - Jun 29 with 2884 viewsexiledclaseboy

National minute's silence Friday on 21:47 - Jun 29 by Swanzay

Have to say I find this most bizarre, is Cameron trying to use these tragic events to his own advantage?

What advantage do you think he's seeking?

Poll: Tory leader

National minute's silence Friday on 22:09 - Jun 29 with 2853 viewsLohengrin

National minute's silence Friday on 21:58 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Public assent for boots on the ground in Syria.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

National minute's silence Friday on 22:11 - Jun 29 with 2842 viewsSwanzay

National minute's silence Friday on 21:58 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

When ever, apart from WW events has there been a minutes silence, I cant recall?
Then that feck Theresa May is out there says it all!
National minute's silence Friday on 22:15 - Jun 29 with 2832 viewsLord_Bony

National minute's silence Friday on 22:09 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

Hope not mate...we ve been down that path.

Now that would really be hitting the fan with a whole world of pain to follow.
Our daily peace and security is something we take for granted...it could all change in a heartbeat.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

National minute's silence Friday on 22:18 - Jun 29 with 2820 viewsLohengrin

National minute's silence Friday on 22:15 - Jun 29 by Lord_Bony

Hope not mate...we ve been down that path.

Now that would really be hitting the fan with a whole world of pain to follow.
Our daily peace and security is something we take for granted...it could all change in a heartbeat.

You'd best brace yourself then, it's coming.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

National minute's silence Friday on 22:20 - Jun 29 with 2813 viewslonglostjack

National minute's silence Friday on 22:09 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

Or trying to get the country to aspire to the type of patriotism that has it's source on the playing fields of Eton.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

National minute's silence Friday on 22:21 - Jun 29 with 2814 viewsLord_Bony

National minute's silence Friday on 22:18 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

Maybe.

So this time around then if Big Dave gets his way will we be fighting with Isis or against them..it's all a bit confusing really.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Login to get fewer ads

National minute's silence Friday on 22:24 - Jun 29 with 2801 viewsClinton

I've every sympathy with the dead and the bereaved. I cant really see that a one minute silence really does them any favours or makes any difference. It seems a bit odd IMHO.
May I add that I do observe the 2 minute silence in November to honour and remember the poor souls who fought for their country in the knowledge they might be killed.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

National minute's silence Friday on 22:33 - Jun 29 with 2780 viewsSwanzay

he won't touch Syria, he will use it for events closer to home.
People seem to forget that not so long ago president Bashier was the baddy according to Cameron and ths uk etc.
Theresa im sure, cant wait to get started on using it to justify her means
National minute's silence Friday on 22:39 - Jun 29 with 2759 viewsClinton

National minute's silence Friday on 22:18 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

It wont come.
1) It would require a UN resolution and the Russians and Chinese wont pass it.
2) The precedents in Iraq and Afghanistan mean the public just wont back it.
3) It would cost money and tight-wad Osborne wouldn't put the money in
The most that will happen is that the Americans will put a few cruise missiles up someone's tailpipe, and arm and support a proxy organisation to fight against Isis and/or Assad. If they do back a proxy organisation, or 'freedom fighters' as we usually call them, rest assured that in a few years time the very same bunch will be torturing and mistreating all and sundry, and using the weapons we give them to turn round and boot us where it hurts.
We are as much to blame as anyone for drawing random lines in the sand after the two world wars and calling them countries. Its created a sorry and insoluble mess, but I dont see us going in any time soon; we couldnt make a meaningful difference to be honest.
Cameron will continue to wring his hands, helplessly.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

National minute's silence Friday on 22:55 - Jun 29 with 2727 viewsLord_Bony

National minute's silence Friday on 22:39 - Jun 29 by Clinton

It wont come.
The most that will happen is that the Americans will put a few cruise missiles up someone's tailpipe, and arm and support a proxy organisation to fight against Isis and/or Assad. If they do back a proxy organisation, or 'freedom fighters' as we usually call them, rest assured that in a few years time the very same bunch will be torturing and mistreating all and sundry, and using the weapons we give them to turn round and boot us where it hurts.
We are as much to blame as anyone for drawing random lines in the sand after the two world wars and calling them countries. Its created a sorry and insoluble mess, but I dont see us going in any time soon; we couldnt make a meaningful difference to be honest.

Well said Mr President sir.

Only a short time ago we were arming and funding the Syrian Rebels (mainly Al Qaeda and Isis)to help overthrow the Assad regime. Now they have turned those weapons against us (like we all knew they would) we don t like it...so are we going now to fight for the rebels against Assad or are we going to change our tune this time and fight against the rebels with Assad???

Confused.

National minute's silence Friday on 23:16 - Jun 29 with 2692 viewsraynor94

National minute's silence Friday on 22:11 - Jun 29 by Swanzay

When ever, apart from WW events has there been a minutes silence, I cant recall?

The 7 7 bombings, this has been the largest loss of British lives since then, why on earth are you trying find political gain out of these tragic circumstances

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

National minute's silence Friday on 10:32 - Jun 30 with 2586 viewsfather_jack

National minute's silence Friday on 23:16 - Jun 29 by raynor94

The 7 7 bombings, this has been the largest loss of British lives since then, why on earth are you trying find political gain out of these tragic circumstances

good post

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

National minute's silence Friday on 10:46 - Jun 30 with 2571 viewsItchySphincter

National minute's silence Friday on 22:39 - Jun 29 by Clinton

It wont come.

Not sure that that's what he meant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

National minute's silence Friday on 12:26 - Jun 30 with 2534 viewsDull1Thomas

National minute's silence Friday on 22:11 - Jun 29 by Swanzay

Loads at football matches

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

National minute's silence Friday on 12:47 - Jun 30 with 2524 viewsScoobyWho

I don't need cnt face Cameron telling me when to pay my respects or what those respects should be for any cause, let alone fix a Fcking time for me to do so.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

National minute's silence Friday on 15:07 - Jun 30 with 2477 viewsDafyddHuw

National minute's silence Friday on 12:47 - Jun 30 by ScoobyWho

I don't need cnt face Cameron telling me when to pay my respects or what those respects should be for any cause, let alone fix a Fcking time for me to do so.

Innit. I remember at the DWP when it was the 1st anniversary of 7/11 (or is that 11th July) and we all had to stand head bowed for 1 minute. Presumably because American lives are more important than any other.

If I want to pay respect to dead people I'm grown up enough to do it in the privacy and comfort of my own home, thank you very much. If you feel the need to do this in a public place, then I think you have issues.
National minute's silence Friday on 00:18 - Jul 1 with 2408 viewsScoobyWho

National minute's silence Friday on 15:07 - Jun 30 by DafyddHuw

Innit. I remember at the DWP when it was the 1st anniversary of 7/11 (or is that 11th July) and we all had to stand head bowed for 1 minute. Presumably because American lives are more important than any other.

If I want to pay respect to dead people I'm grown up enough to do it in the privacy and comfort of my own home, thank you very much. If you feel the need to do this in a public place, then I think you have issues.

Stand your ground mate,
We all are toally wiped out by what happened, but by fck that fat prick has cost people close to me, thats working class welsh people, their livelihoods because of his polices. could go on Darran stylie, but I won't.

National minute's silence Friday on 07:51 - Jul 1 with 2355 viewsjackportis

38 cluster bombs should be dropped on Isis state.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

National minute's silence Friday on 11:40 - Jul 1 with 2308 viewsDull1Thomas

National minute's silence Friday on 07:51 - Jul 1 by jackportis

38 cluster bombs should be dropped on Isis state.

Which would kill innocent people and fuel even more hatred of the west.
Understanding the sentiment but and my gut reaction would be the same - just as well we have politicians.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

National minute's silence Friday on 13:27 - Jul 1 with 2274 viewsJack_Meoff

National minute's silence Friday on 22:55 - Jun 29 by Lord_Bony

Well said Mr President sir.

Only a short time ago we were arming and funding the Syrian Rebels (mainly Al Qaeda and Isis)to help overthrow the Assad regime. Now they have turned those weapons against us (like we all knew they would) we don t like it...so are we going now to fight for the rebels against Assad or are we going to change our tune this time and fight against the rebels with Assad???

Confused.

We the proles are meant to be confused, I remember watching this around Christmas time and thought it was very interesting:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

National minute's silence Friday on 14:27 - Jul 1 with 2250 viewsswanduck

Seriously guys a minutes silence, is this really something people are gonna moan about?? countries all over the world hold a minutes silence after such tragedies, why shouldn't we?
National minute's silence Friday on 21:57 - Jul 1 with 2207 viewsScoobyWho

National minute's silence Friday on 14:27 - Jul 1 by swanduck

Seriously guys a minutes silence, is this really something people are gonna moan about?? countries all over the world hold a minutes silence after such tragedies, why shouldn't we?

Because we are being controlled and told when to do it, I have little left in my life I can decide upon, and Fck me Cameron won't be managing how and when I grieve or pay respects to the dead.

National minute's silence Friday on 22:08 - Jul 1 with 2195 viewsswanduck

National minute's silence Friday on 21:57 - Jul 1 by ScoobyWho

Because we are being controlled and told when to do it, I have little left in my life I can decide upon, and Fck me Cameron won't be managing how and when I grieve or pay respects to the dead.

Well there's no point all doing it at different times is there!! It a minute for the nation to stand as one and remember those who died.

UNITY!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024