Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? 00:05 - Jun 30 with 5136 viewsHighjack

So Warner Bros, Amazon, Walmart and a host of other companies have announced they are no longer selling any toys from Dukes of Hazzard because the General Lee is suddenly racist for some reason even though they have happily sold them for thirty five years.

I seem to remember that show just being a bit of light hearted fun. They had a mechanic mate who was black and they treated him very decently indeed. Did I miss some sort of deep rooted racism while they were jumping over hay bales trying to escape from Roscoe and Anus or is the world going completely and utterly bonkers?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 00:25 - Jul 2 with 1056 viewsEbo

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 04:45 - Jul 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Originally San Antonio. But now I live in Richardson (suburb of North Dallas) - only about 30 miles from Denton.

Denton is a pretty nice college town but is now considered a suburb of Dallas too. It's ridiculous how much the Dallas area has grown via urban sprawl - mostly to the north.

I have a friend living in San Antonio, well in burbs near Camp Bullis.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 01:17 - Jul 2 with 1033 viewsBanosswan

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 00:08 - Jul 2 by Ebo

Don't talk rubbish. It's Northern Ireland not Northern England and the sooner the bigots are shown the exit the better. If they love the filthy butchers apron so much they should leave and settle in England. Same goes for the soap dodgers up in Glasgow,

So why don't you start an army? Maybe an Irish army. An Irish Republican army? That'll sort things out.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 06:38 - Jul 2 with 1003 viewsphact0rri

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 18:14 - Jun 30 by SC_Swan

I think you're pretty much nailed this. I live in Columbia, South Carolina (lived in SC my entire life) so I'm right in the middle of all this stuff. I'm so ready for them to take down the flag, but I'm also a little worried about a possible backlash. I really hope that there aren't any problems when the flag comes down.

I think the backlash is already occuring, with all these black/northern baptist churches getting burned all over the south. The whole affair is shambles as someone seeing it mainly from the news. I do however fear this might get worse-- and for a country willing to say the collection of data helps them fight crime efficiently, and has followed journalists to the edges of the world-- I feel like more could be done to send a clear message against this horrid aggression. But they are also unwilling to label this as domestic terrorism. seems the only domestic terrorism in the US is attacks that effect the GNP.

I suspect I might feel a little tied to this as my mum lives in kentucky and attends a northern baptist church... and I'd be lying if I didn't say it scares me a bit as it gets a little close to home this does.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 08:18 - Jul 2 with 973 viewsLohengrin

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 00:08 - Jul 2 by Ebo

Don't talk rubbish. It's Northern Ireland not Northern England and the sooner the bigots are shown the exit the better. If they love the filthy butchers apron so much they should leave and settle in England. Same goes for the soap dodgers up in Glasgow,

Is that a stab at satire? Good grief!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 10:28 - Jul 2 with 946 viewsperchrockjack

Wasn't as bad as our Black and White Minstrel show.

It ran for a generation

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 11:40 - Jul 2 with 930 viewsLord_Bony

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 10:28 - Jul 2 by perchrockjack

Wasn't as bad as our Black and White Minstrel show.

It ran for a generation

Cringe....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 12:43 - Jul 2 with 909 viewsLohengrin

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 11:40 - Jul 2 by Lord_Bony

Cringe....

It's a bit of high camp that hasn't aged particularly well, I don't think anybody would find that particularly offensive at all.

Talking about blacking up I was watching Laurence Olivier playing Othello on the box last week. Do you think anybody would find that offensive? It would be a bit of a stretch to think they would.

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 19:25 - Jul 2 with 860 viewsSwanjack10

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 16:47 - Jun 30 by Darran

How the f*vk can you have a DOH thread without any of this? Slacking guys seriously.

Didnt boss hog go down the saville road, im on my phone travelling home, cant quite remember how hog looked, anyone post a pic, im sure he loved smoking cigars and a bright hat.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Login to get fewer ads

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 22:49 - Jul 2 with 831 viewsLohengrin

Were Bo and Luke Duke horrifically racist? on 19:25 - Jul 2 by Swanjack10

Didnt boss hog go down the saville road, im on my phone travelling home, cant quite remember how hog looked, anyone post a pic, im sure he loved smoking cigars and a bright hat.

There you go....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024