Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it still be the Liberty? 17:17 - Jun 30 with 2783 views3swan

Wasn't it a 5 year deal that was extended to 10 years?

So that time is up?
Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:23 - Jun 30 with 2764 viewsScoobyjack

No Leigh Dineen in Jack Swan said that the deal is about to expire, and there are negotiations with new sponsors (£3m I think) , but there will be NO benefit for us, as the stadium costs have risen and the management company get the money anyway.

Quite an interesting read; Linky http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue_38
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 17:25]
Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:25 - Jun 30 with 2759 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:23 - Jun 30 by Scoobyjack

No Leigh Dineen in Jack Swan said that the deal is about to expire, and there are negotiations with new sponsors (£3m I think) , but there will be NO benefit for us, as the stadium costs have risen and the management company get the money anyway.

£1m pa
Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:29 - Jun 30 with 2742 views3swan

Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:23 - Jun 30 by Scoobyjack

Thanks
Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:55 - Jun 30 with 2687 viewsClinton

He was a bit cagey there wasnt he ?
Mind you trying to find out anything about the finances of the SSMC seems difficult. Not a lot of meaningful information is easily available. This was the best I could find
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Liberty-Stadium-management-company-profi
Could anyone help out with any of the following information. After all the stadium is part owned by the council so the information should not be a secret:
- how much does Liberty pay per annum for naming rights at the moment ?
- how much liabilities does the stadium have at the moment ? There is talk of some balance sheet liabilites on one of the articles I read.
- If the stadium is currently profit making; and the new rights are for more money; how come the club would not profit by a proportion of the increased income.
- what's all this forward maintenance thats being mentioned? The stadium looks in pretty good shape to me.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Will it still be the Liberty? on 18:49 - Jun 30 with 2558 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 17:55 - Jun 30 by Clinton

He was a bit cagey there wasnt he ?
Mind you trying to find out anything about the finances of the SSMC seems difficult. Not a lot of meaningful information is easily available. This was the best I could find
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Liberty-Stadium-management-company-profi
Could anyone help out with any of the following information. After all the stadium is part owned by the council so the information should not be a secret:
- how much does Liberty pay per annum for naming rights at the moment ?
- how much liabilities does the stadium have at the moment ? There is talk of some balance sheet liabilites on one of the articles I read.
- If the stadium is currently profit making; and the new rights are for more money; how come the club would not profit by a proportion of the increased income.
- what's all this forward maintenance thats being mentioned? The stadium looks in pretty good shape to me.

Stadium may look in good shape but it's 10 year old, not saying there's anything wrong but all the steelwork needs repainting before corosion sets in, not cheap, in fact everywhere needs updating, and we could be looking at quite a few million. So any stadium naming rights will soon get eaten up.
Personally, I wouldn't touch buying it with a barge poll.
Will it still be the Liberty? on 19:15 - Jun 30 with 2513 viewsbalboajack

Will it still be the Liberty? on 18:49 - Jun 30 by whiterock

Stadium may look in good shape but it's 10 year old, not saying there's anything wrong but all the steelwork needs repainting before corosion sets in, not cheap, in fact everywhere needs updating, and we could be looking at quite a few million. So any stadium naming rights will soon get eaten up.
Personally, I wouldn't touch buying it with a barge poll.

We should buy the stadium outright, then we can run it better and hopefully make more money off it.

Then, if we get a new sponsor, Life's Good and everyone's happy :)
Will it still be the Liberty? on 21:26 - Jun 30 with 2359 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 19:15 - Jun 30 by balboajack

We should buy the stadium outright, then we can run it better and hopefully make more money off it.

Then, if we get a new sponsor, Life's Good and everyone's happy :)

So we spend anything North of £20m to 'hopefully' run it better?
Bendy Bus scenario
Will it still be the Liberty? on 23:20 - Jun 30 with 2232 viewsscottishjack

Will it still be the Liberty? on 21:26 - Jun 30 by whiterock

So we spend anything North of £20m to 'hopefully' run it better?
Bendy Bus scenario

Or...?

I live in a council house but have recently come into a bit of money and I'm looking to tidy the place up and possibly add an extention...Should I purchase the property first? Or add value to it and then see what the council think?

FFS!
Login to get fewer ads

Will it still be the Liberty? on 23:43 - Jun 30 with 2202 viewsSwansNZ

Will it still be the Liberty? on 23:20 - Jun 30 by scottishjack

Or...?

I live in a council house but have recently come into a bit of money and I'm looking to tidy the place up and possibly add an extention...Should I purchase the property first? Or add value to it and then see what the council think?

FFS!

It’s not really the same though. The council could take the house back from you and get more tenants from thousands of different ones. There would be no other suitable tenants of the Liberty. I’m sure a contract could be drawn up to protect all parties, with only the Swans benefiting from the extension — all extra income go directly to the Swans.

I see no reason to buy the stadium.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Will it still be the Liberty? on 00:08 - Jul 1 with 2170 viewsscottishjack

Will it still be the Liberty? on 23:43 - Jun 30 by SwansNZ

It’s not really the same though. The council could take the house back from you and get more tenants from thousands of different ones. There would be no other suitable tenants of the Liberty. I’m sure a contract could be drawn up to protect all parties, with only the Swans benefiting from the extension — all extra income go directly to the Swans.

I see no reason to buy the stadium.

Let's agree to disagree, but I see no need to invest in something that belongs to someone else... It's a good talking point though.
Will it still be the Liberty? on 00:12 - Jul 1 with 2164 viewsSwansNZ

Will it still be the Liberty? on 00:08 - Jul 1 by scottishjack

Let's agree to disagree, but I see no need to invest in something that belongs to someone else... It's a good talking point though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

The council owns that, but Man City have invested heavily in it, and benefit from it — including naming rights. Sure we could do likewise but on a smaller scale of course. The Ospreys as other tenants would need to be drawn into the agreement also.

I’d rather spend the money on the extension and not the purchase of the stadium.

As you say, we’ll agree to disagree.

Will it still be the Liberty? on 07:49 - Jul 1 with 2067 viewsSwaneeRiver

Will it still be the Liberty? on 00:12 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

The council owns that, but Man City have invested heavily in it, and benefit from it — including naming rights. Sure we could do likewise but on a smaller scale of course. The Ospreys as other tenants would need to be drawn into the agreement also.

I’d rather spend the money on the extension and not the purchase of the stadium.

As you say, we’ll agree to disagree.

"As you say, we’ll agree to disagree"

All very amicable that.

Not usually the PS way ..........
Will it still be the Liberty? on 08:13 - Jul 1 with 2035 viewsSwansNZ

Will it still be the Liberty? on 07:49 - Jul 1 by SwaneeRiver

"As you say, we’ll agree to disagree"

All very amicable that.

Not usually the PS way ..........

I know, I'll never get the hang of this PS keyboard warrior malarkey.

Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:19 - Jul 1 with 1894 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 23:20 - Jun 30 by scottishjack

Or...?

FFS!

Yes I've come into money but if I spend it all on purchase it could cripple me with debt that may not mean eviction but put me back so far I may never catch up.

Why is it so important to purchase?
Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:23 - Jul 1 with 1884 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 00:08 - Jul 1 by scottishjack

SJ, in the idea world you are right but why saddle ourselves with crippling debt ?

Council want £24m in 3 years, £8m a year in 2016/17/18. I hope HJ has told them to whistle
Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:32 - Jul 1 with 1864 viewsscottishjack

Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:23 - Jul 1 by whiterock

SJ, in the idea world you are right but why saddle ourselves with crippling debt ?

Council want £24m in 3 years, £8m a year in 2016/17/18. I hope HJ has told them to whistle

I wouldn't say that £8m a year would be crippling for us at the moment, I agree though that we could probably push for a better deal... It might just be me, but I see owning the Stadium as the last piece of the jigsaw for us to completely stand on our own two feet.

No ties or obligations to anyone else...

As I said, it might just be me, but by expanding it, will we not just push the price up if we want to buy it in the future? And there is zero chance of anyone else funding any expansion let's face it.
Will it still be the Liberty? on 13:06 - Jul 1 with 1831 viewswhiterock

Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:32 - Jul 1 by scottishjack

I wouldn't say that £8m a year would be crippling for us at the moment, I agree though that we could probably push for a better deal... It might just be me, but I see owning the Stadium as the last piece of the jigsaw for us to completely stand on our own two feet.

As I said, it might just be me, but by expanding it, will we not just push the price up if we want to buy it in the future? And there is zero chance of anyone else funding any expansion let's face it.

Its not just you and I mentioned the ideal world, if we take £8m out of the playing budget we WILL get relegated.

Whilst we see headline figures of turnover near £100m we don't see outgoing figures close to that.
Will it still be the Liberty? on 14:30 - Jul 1 with 1766 viewsUxbridge

Will it still be the Liberty? on 12:32 - Jul 1 by scottishjack

I would. No way does the club have the cashflow to pay that out and go ahead with expansion.

I'm ambivalent on stadium ownership. We can't be chucked out, it's a depreciating asset and we have bigger priorities. I also liked Jenkins' answer a few months ago where he said that it's a community asset. I'm all for the Swans taking over sole running of the stadium though, with the Ospreys as protected tenants for example.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Will it still be the Liberty? on 15:17 - Jul 1 with 1731 viewswhiterock

Its a crazy world we live in and AA for instance is costing us £100k a week, Gomis too, just because we're little old Swansea it doesn't bother players but for us to compete we have to pay these kind of salaries, signing on, Agents or for ease, the package. Others will be on near £50k wages but would have cost us £x million to purchase so again, the package costs SCFC £100k a week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024