Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Metro 07:01 - Jul 1 with 6630 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG getting ready to spawn 1.6b on the new metro system. Edwina Heart crowing about it on BBC Cardiff. This is just the first phase of a plan to fork out 4b. They call it the South East Metro now but make no mistake this is all about making connections to Cardiff and it's commuter areas.
All looks very nice but it really grates with me that the rest of Wales can go to Hell with regards to transport infrastructure.
Things like this should be addressed AFTER the pressing problems are addressed in the rest of the principality.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 7:03]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Metro on 00:54 - Jul 2 with 2132 viewsscottishjack

Cardiff Metro on 23:34 - Jul 1 by Clinton

Good point. It looks as though my constituency AM is Julie James, otherwise known as "who" locally.
Perhaps I'll go and see her.
The only answer I can see is to have a "planet swans" party in the next assembly election next year. I wonder how much it costs to stand?

I can see the potential...
Cardiff Metro on 09:39 - Jul 2 with 2068 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff Metro on 19:06 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

This could very well be the case. I really hope it is as this complacent administration need a monumental kick up the a$$. I think there us a growing realisation that only one part of Wales is being governed and that is Cardiff Bay and it's surrounds.
My gripe is with the AMs that represent the rest of Wales. They should hang thief heads in shame.

We should all (me included) go to Mike Hedges and the other local AM's surgeries and batter them with our thoughts. We do it all the time on here amongst ourselves but I wonder how many of us get up and do it.

That includes me by the way. I'm very much to blame for not getting off my arse and doing it.
Cardiff Metro on 09:42 - Jul 2 with 2068 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff Metro on 19:02 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

Well don't leave me in suspenders. Tell me where I have gone wrong ;-)

Actually I think it was £600 million for the trams. The other £1 billion is probably the M4 relief road.

And, putting it into context, with the population of England being 17 times that of Wales it's like spending £27.2 billion on London infrastructure while ignoring the rest of the country.
Cardiff Metro on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 2047 viewsCopperJack

I strongly urge everyone to write/go see their AM. At the moment, they don't need to work for your vote so they don't try and we're plagued with career politicians who only care about Cardiff.

If you want change and our city to be given a smidgen of the funding that the scummers get, then get in contact with them.

For those that do, here are a few other points which you may like to mention -

The WAG spend £600k on bringing the company Active Quote to Cardiff.
In June 2014, it was agreed that the Welsh Government would spend £10m on new roads in Cardiff to fund a new BBC HQ in the city.
The WAG has invested £30 million in a film project to take movies to their capital.
The WAG granted £300 to renovate Penarth Pier. No funding available for Mumbles Pier.
The WAG promised to create a marina in SA1, sold the land to finance it and then spent the money elsewhere in Wales.
The WAG spend heavily in bringing the Ashes to Cardiff and claim that it's 'good for Wales'....baffling.

In case you'd like to verify these, they can all be found online.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff Metro on 12:16 - Jul 2 with 2027 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff Metro on 11:04 - Jul 1 by ScoobyWho

Surely its time for Wales to politically motivate themselves on to the streets to demonstrate.

Next year's assembly election's would be ideal to protest and vote against the Assembly.
West Wales opt out we would be better served directly under London I am sorry to say.
Cardiff Metro on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 1901 viewsCopperJack

Anyone going to this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-33365841

Perfect time to voice your concerns/anger at the inexcusable bias the WAG has created and demand more money for Swansea if you're to re-vote Labour.

Cardiff Metro on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 1837 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 09:24 - Jul 3 by CopperJack

Anyone going to this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-33365841

Perfect time to voice your concerns/anger at the inexcusable bias the WAG has created and demand more money for Swansea if you're to re-vote Labour.

I did not know the meeting was on in Gorseinon. Did anyone on PS go? Was it just restricted to Labour Party members? Are there anymore planned in this area?
I will be watching this one carefully. I suspect if Carwyn is going to address Joe Public all over Wales he is indeed going to have a rough ride. I hope he dos not ravel by helicopter either so he can see first hand how crap the roads are.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Metro on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 1833 viewsGB11

Cardiff Metro on 11:32 - Jul 1 by controversial_jack

Cardiff, for all it's pretentions is till a very small regional city

Exactly. All the bitching over Cardiff, you would think it was Saint Tropez. From top to bottom Wales is not exactly a utopia.

I'm from Merthyr and it bothers me not in the slightest that Cardiff gets priority.

Some of you talk as if you get the bad deal. Come down here and have a look around before you moan.

Cardiff is your capital city just as much as it is mine. The football teams don't even come into it.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 15:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Metro on 19:16 - Jul 3 with 1794 viewsSlugster664

Cardiff Metro on 15:40 - Jul 3 by GB11

Exactly. All the bitching over Cardiff, you would think it was Saint Tropez. From top to bottom Wales is not exactly a utopia.

I'm from Merthyr and it bothers me not in the slightest that Cardiff gets priority.

Some of you talk as if you get the bad deal. Come down here and have a look around before you moan.

Cardiff is your capital city just as much as it is mine. The football teams don't even come into it.

It doesn't bother you that Merthyr and the rest of Wales gets little investment from the WAG yet Cardiff get a massive majority? It is people like you that let them do this...sit back, do f#(k all but be happy to say "it's ok,Cardiff can have majority funding because it's my capital"...people baffle me,they really do.

PS It is not my capital, I avoid it like the plague

STID

Cardiff Metro on 22:23 - Jul 3 with 1742 viewsPrivate_Partz

You seem to be saying you are not the slightest bothered that Cardiff gets the cream yet you are saying things are very bad in Merthyr.
I have been harping on about this for a long time and I recognise it is the whole of Wales that suffers apart from Cardiff. I want a prosperous wales with each area having its fair share and I would certainly include your home town in that.
Cardiff has had more than enough investment.

Cardiff Metro on 22:36 - Jul 3 with 1736 viewswestside

if all the money gets spent on the cardiff area then it ain't getting spent anywhere else around wales so cardiff will do fantastic and the rest of wales will become a wasteland.

it's supposed to be an assembly for wales not just for south east wales.

the valleys are one of the poorest places in europe and yet they still vote labour when labour do nothing for the valleys. all cardiff ever did for the valleys is rape them of all it's coal !
Cardiff Metro on 22:47 - Jul 3 with 1723 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 22:36 - Jul 3 by westside

if all the money gets spent on the cardiff area then it ain't getting spent anywhere else around wales so cardiff will do fantastic and the rest of wales will become a wasteland.

it's supposed to be an assembly for wales not just for south east wales.

the valleys are one of the poorest places in europe and yet they still vote labour when labour do nothing for the valleys. all cardiff ever did for the valleys is rape them of all it's coal !

An up arrow from me and I am a left wing Labour voter. They had my vote in the general election but they will not be getting it when the assembly ones come up. They are complacent and Cardiff centric and they need a boot up the backside.

Cardiff Metro on 13:16 - Jul 4 with 1653 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff Metro on 22:47 - Jul 3 by Private_Partz

An up arrow from me and I am a left wing Labour voter. They had my vote in the general election but they will not be getting it when the assembly ones come up. They are complacent and Cardiff centric and they need a boot up the backside.

I place my self in the same category. I recognise (absolutely) some historically great Labour people from the past that have done so much good.......and genuinely cared.

This assembly lot?......Pressing ahead (yet again) with more unfairness, inequality and scandalous favoritism towards THAT city whilst at the same time contemptuously sticking their two fingers up to the rest of Wales .

I bet some long gone Welsh Labour forefathers and greats would be turning in their graves at whats going on? I could never in a million years imagine the likes of Aneurin Bevan advocating a governing agenda like that?

Argus!

Cardiff Metro on 14:22 - Jul 4 with 1618 viewsCopperJack

It's stuff like this which allows them to get away with their corruption. That's the argument that scummers use to justify that they get everything 'We're the capital, we deserve it'. It's pathetic. They're meant to look after all of Wales, not just one city.

That's the reason why Wales is lagging so far behind so many in Europe. The disparity between Cardiff and the rest of Wales is getting wider.

Like I said, if you want this to change, write to or see your AM. I certainly hope someone brought this up in yesterday's meeting, but I highly doubt it. Most people seem to acquiesce to their ridiculous partisanship whilst complaining that Swansea is going downhill etc. If change is to happen, we need to make it sadly. They'll get away with their racket as long as they're allowed.

Cardiff Metro on 16:36 - Jul 4 with 1575 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 14:22 - Jul 4 by CopperJack

It's stuff like this which allows them to get away with their corruption. That's the argument that scummers use to justify that they get everything 'We're the capital, we deserve it'. It's pathetic. They're meant to look after all of Wales, not just one city.

That's the reason why Wales is lagging so far behind so many in Europe. The disparity between Cardiff and the rest of Wales is getting wider.

Like I said, if you want this to change, write to or see your AM. I certainly hope someone brought this up in yesterday's meeting, but I highly doubt it. Most people seem to acquiesce to their ridiculous partisanship whilst complaining that Swansea is going downhill etc. If change is to happen, we need to make it sadly. They'll get away with their racket as long as they're allowed.

Absolutely spot on CJ.

Cardiff Metro on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 1548 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff Metro on 14:22 - Jul 4 by CopperJack

He is a 'scummer' mate

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cardiff Metro on 18:13 - Jul 4 with 1520 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 17:05 - Jul 4 by PozuelosSideys

He is a 'scummer' mate

Cheers for that. It explains everything. I thought the logic was a bit skewed but now it all makes sense. ;-)
They are fed the BS by the media and they believe it.

Cardiff Metro on 23:11 - Jul 4 with 1474 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Metro on 18:13 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

Cheers for that. It explains everything. I thought the logic was a bit skewed but now it all makes sense. ;-)
They are fed the BS by the media and they believe it.

It really does suddenly make perfect sense. He's happy living in a town which has been massively deprived of money and investment as long as Cardiff prospers. The funny thing is, if the same corruption happened with the UK government with regards to England getting more money than Wales, people like him would be livid.

Like you say, thehy're fed the same crap by the Welsh media and they buy it. Classic example you'll see next week. Us paying millions for the Ashes is 'good for Wales' because only Cardiff businesses benefit from the economic boost it brings. Unbelievable that people still believe that the Cardiff government actually look out for their interests rather than squander all their taxes.

Cardiff Metro on 23:30 - Jul 4 with 1464 viewsWingstandwood

The it'll be good for the whole of Wales bull***t line was also used by the likes of Rhodri Morgan and others for that insane waste of taxpayers money and epitome of a complete and utter white elephant i.e. Wales Millennium Centre.

Yeah people from places like Wrexham and Anglesey are really going to benefit and travel in droves to listen to Madam Butterfly or whatever opera production is playing down in the bay. I have yet to meet any person from Swansea who has been there? Have you or anyone else?

Read this link that just reinforces the argument that politicians live on a another planet compared to the rest of us.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/millennium-centre-funding-failures-

Argus!

Cardiff Metro on 10:39 - Jul 5 with 1422 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Metro on 23:30 - Jul 4 by Wingstandwood

The it'll be good for the whole of Wales bull***t line was also used by the likes of Rhodri Morgan and others for that insane waste of taxpayers money and epitome of a complete and utter white elephant i.e. Wales Millennium Centre.

Yeah people from places like Wrexham and Anglesey are really going to benefit and travel in droves to listen to Madam Butterfly or whatever opera production is playing down in the bay. I have yet to meet any person from Swansea who has been there? Have you or anyone else?

Read this link that just reinforces the argument that politicians live on a another planet compared to the rest of us.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/millennium-centre-funding-failures-

Could agree more. They live in the bubble of Cardiff Bay where they try to bring the world to their door step. They even created a beach in the Bay last year so that nobody would ever have to leave their precious city.

I sincerely hope this thread had convinced people to take action. We'll never get a handout from the Cardiff government, we were better off before devolution. If change is to come, we need to make it.

Cardiff Metro on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 1392 viewsicecoldjack

It's a complete joke . Cardiff and the WAG are the classic all fur coat and no knickers type.

Never mind a pointless fookin' metro try sorting out the shambles that is Cardiff airport ! A transport system that actually needs investment and really does serve the people of Wales not those with just a CF post code !

The amount of people who have to now use bristol airport instead is shameful.

A country of 2,9 m people that has no airport of any worth. Disgrace.

It all proves the agenda is to serve the city of Cardiff and nothing else but use everyone's money to do so. Nothing short of theft from the people of Wales. Serious change needs to happen IMO.
Cardiff Metro on 15:14 - Jul 5 with 1361 viewsPozuelosSideys

Imo i dont think its anything particularly sinister - more just one-eyed incompetence.

Cardiff acts in a similar way to London - ie its a city which is the political centre and therefore is the point at which centralisation can (and should?) occur. Given they are the largest cities in their regions - the arguement will be that it should attract the most funding and incur the largest spend.

Much the same way London sucks in the wealth from the rest of the UK, the Wag are sucking in all the wealth from the rest of Wales. The major difference is that Cardiff is still a regional city and it doesnt generate nearly as much wealth as it needs to in order for it to justify that much expenditure, therefore the rest of the nation goes without. Cardiff is nothing more than a tier 3 city, behind the likes of London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow etc. Until something changes drastically in a political sense, they will keep throwing money at it until it can compete with those above - and imo it never will.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cardiff Metro on 16:12 - Jul 5 with 1339 viewssherpajacob

Cardiff already has a pretty decent rail system with most areas of cardiif served by stations with direct trains to queen street and central.
trains run every 15 minutes to carduff bay.
if you want to get to ccfc you have a choice of ninian park next door, or Grangetown station which is a 10 minute walk.
how about a liberty stadium station?
A cardiff to newport cycle route would be money better spent.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cardiff Metro on 19:02 - Jul 5 with 1301 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Metro on 15:14 - Jul 5 by PozuelosSideys

Imo i dont think its anything particularly sinister - more just one-eyed incompetence.

Cardiff acts in a similar way to London - ie its a city which is the political centre and therefore is the point at which centralisation can (and should?) occur. Given they are the largest cities in their regions - the arguement will be that it should attract the most funding and incur the largest spend.

Much the same way London sucks in the wealth from the rest of the UK, the Wag are sucking in all the wealth from the rest of Wales. The major difference is that Cardiff is still a regional city and it doesnt generate nearly as much wealth as it needs to in order for it to justify that much expenditure, therefore the rest of the nation goes without. Cardiff is nothing more than a tier 3 city, behind the likes of London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow etc. Until something changes drastically in a political sense, they will keep throwing money at it until it can compete with those above - and imo it never will.

Whilst London does get more investment than the UK, Westminster hasn't deprived other major cities in the same way that Cardiff has deprived Swansea and all Wales. Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol, all had major investments, government-funded BBC HQs in Manchester and Birmingham (along with London obviously). Here, it's Cardiff or nothing.

We were far better off before devolution frankly. More power for Wales equates to more money spent in Cardiff. Ridiculously corrupt and incompetent government. Our AMs have a lot to answer for, for acquiescing to this for so many years.

Cardiff Metro on 19:31 - Jul 5 with 1286 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 13:49 - Jul 5 by icecoldjack

It's a complete joke . Cardiff and the WAG are the classic all fur coat and no knickers type.

Never mind a pointless fookin' metro try sorting out the shambles that is Cardiff airport ! A transport system that actually needs investment and really does serve the people of Wales not those with just a CF post code !

The amount of people who have to now use bristol airport instead is shameful.

A country of 2,9 m people that has no airport of any worth. Disgrace.

It all proves the agenda is to serve the city of Cardiff and nothing else but use everyone's money to do so. Nothing short of theft from the people of Wales. Serious change needs to happen IMO.

As usual I agree. Cardiff airport however does not even have decent transport links to Swansea leave alone the rest of Wales.
I would go further and say the Bristol Airport more than adequately serves it's surrounding areas and southeast wales.
Until North South links are improved then a regional area serving the South and North respectively could probably be the answer. In such a scenario then Rhoose is not ideally situated to serve the whole of South Wales. Such an airport need to be further west.
I remember the madness of a new airport being proposed in Gwent and jutting out into the Severn. It would have meant three airports within 20 mikes of each other. I am sure WAG would have gone for it if left to their own devices.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024