Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Metro 07:01 - Jul 1 with 6631 viewsPrivate_Partz

WAG getting ready to spawn 1.6b on the new metro system. Edwina Heart crowing about it on BBC Cardiff. This is just the first phase of a plan to fork out 4b. They call it the South East Metro now but make no mistake this is all about making connections to Cardiff and it's commuter areas.
All looks very nice but it really grates with me that the rest of Wales can go to Hell with regards to transport infrastructure.
Things like this should be addressed AFTER the pressing problems are addressed in the rest of the principality.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 7:03]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Metro on 22:17 - Jul 5 with 1145 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff Metro on 09:26 - Jul 1 by Lord_Bony

Most capital cities have a metro system.

However,in the case of Cardiff I can honestly say it does nt need one...there's no major congestion problems and public transport works just fine.

If it desperately needed one I would support it.

No major congestion problems?

Ehh... getting into Cardiff peak time traffic can be entertaining at times. Let's not forget our council are fairly dumb, doing everything they can to make driving around Cardiff as difficult as possible.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff Metro on 22:27 - Jul 5 with 1127 viewsLord_Bony

I have to travel into the city centre several times a week.
Compared to most cities there are no major problems on the main routes in and out...its still a small city.

Spending money on a Metro system is not justified.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Cardiff Metro on 22:36 - Jul 5 with 1110 viewsblueytheblue

Getting across Cardiff can be pretty tricky at times.

Live near Gabalfa Interchange, which for "safety reasons" due to "deaths" they've now made a 20mph area. When challenged they admitted no deaths in years, a FoI request had to be made to find out minimal accidents. Rather than doing something sensible like traffic lights they made dedicated left hand turn lanes. Meaning a friend who works in Bristol mostly comes of A48M, crosses over interchange and has to pull an immediate left hand turn to get into the road leading to his house - hoping nobody is bombing up the dedicated left hand lane. If they are, he has to slow down. At worst, gets somebody ram him, at best causes traffic to sow down even more.

Agree this metro system isn't a priority but driving in and out can be a pain. Thankfully I'm heading out in the mornings, back in the evenings so miss most of it but you can definitely see lengthy queues.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff Metro on 00:09 - Jul 6 with 1079 viewswestside

Maybe the real reason behind this metro is wag is using it as a carrot to try and tempt all the people from the valleys to travel down to cardiff to fill the jobs, do the work and make cardiff wealthy and successfull and the workers will then also spend their wages in the cardiff shops, bars and restaurants as well.

The cardiff political establishment will basically use the people of the valleys as the battery hens to do all the work and lay all the eggs while cardiff gets wealthy off the back of them.

A very cunning plan.
Cardiff Metro on 00:11 - Jul 6 with 1078 viewsJackofdreambeach

Labour ,Plaid, Lib Dem or Conservative at WAG, it looks an extension of the Cardiff city region board.
Some of the Swansea/West Wales AM's look in a bit of a slumber when it comes to
regeneration ,infrastructure and major employment and economy boosting redevelopment in Swansea & South West Wales .
Perhaps the Swansea Bay city region will direct some investment West of Cowbridge.
But who pulls the planning strings for this? Early meetings have been underwhelming.
Cardiff Metro on 19:12 - Jul 6 with 1008 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Metro on 00:11 - Jul 6 by Jackofdreambeach

Labour ,Plaid, Lib Dem or Conservative at WAG, it looks an extension of the Cardiff city region board.
Some of the Swansea/West Wales AM's look in a bit of a slumber when it comes to
regeneration ,infrastructure and major employment and economy boosting redevelopment in Swansea & South West Wales .
Perhaps the Swansea Bay city region will direct some investment West of Cowbridge.
But who pulls the planning strings for this? Early meetings have been underwhelming.

Our AMs are useless. No interest in fighting for the city, more interested in being career politicians and developing Cardiff. I hope the people of Wales don't give them more power.

I agree with what was said above. It's to get more people into Cardiff to shop/spend/drink/eat/work etc. Consequently, this will continue to impoverish their own areas, and encourage the WAG to invest yet more money into the one area of Wales which doesn't need it. Couldn't make it up.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff Metro on 19:22 - Jul 6 with 1000 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Metro on 19:12 - Jul 6 by CopperJack

Our AMs are useless. No interest in fighting for the city, more interested in being career politicians and developing Cardiff. I hope the people of Wales don't give them more power.

I agree with what was said above. It's to get more people into Cardiff to shop/spend/drink/eat/work etc. Consequently, this will continue to impoverish their own areas, and encourage the WAG to invest yet more money into the one area of Wales which doesn't need it. Couldn't make it up.

Indeed. TheLabour politicians are slaves to the political whips. Looking to further their own careers at the expense of the Rest of Wales. The whole of WAG should hang their heads in shame but those outside the S E are surely not fit for purpose.
I hope it is reflected in the next WAG elections but I am not holding my breath.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Metro on 21:11 - Jul 6 with 971 viewsWingstandwood

Cardiff Metro on 19:12 - Jul 6 by CopperJack

You hope the WAG doesn't get more power?....Me too! Absolutely!......In fact the very thought of THAT bunch getting borrowing powers scares the absolute sh*t out of me. It seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously does beyond words. The thought of THAT bunch getting carte blanche to proliferate and increase their insanity/incompetence/unfairness/Cardiff bias is utterly terrifying.

Could you imagine the debt they would be prepared to incur on the rest of Wales so they can spend and waste yet more on white elephants in Cardiff Bay and near surrounds? Then you'd see our local vital services and hospitals being cut and sacrificed to service the debt?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 21:15]

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Metro on 21:18 - Jul 6 with 957 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Metro on 21:11 - Jul 6 by Wingstandwood

You hope the WAG doesn't get more power?....Me too! Absolutely!......In fact the very thought of THAT bunch getting borrowing powers scares the absolute sh*t out of me. It seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously does beyond words. The thought of THAT bunch getting carte blanche to proliferate and increase their insanity/incompetence/unfairness/Cardiff bias is utterly terrifying.

Could you imagine the debt they would be prepared to incur on the rest of Wales so they can spend and waste yet more on white elephants in Cardiff Bay and near surrounds? Then you'd see our local vital services and hospitals being cut and sacrificed to service the debt?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 21:15]

Couldn't agree more. They'll drag the country into unthinkable debt to build a new white elephant project in their precious city and then claim it's 'good for Wales'.

Speak up, tell your AMs, don't buy into their nationalist propaganda. Stand up for Swansea, cos them lot won't.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024