Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eder Official 14:43 - Jul 1 with 9431 viewsNeath_Jack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-sign-portugal-striker-eder-

Let the doubting begin.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Eder Official on 19:07 - Jul 1 with 2198 viewsmonmouth

Eder Official on 18:35 - Jul 1 by FearOfAJackPlanet

What's portuguese for Kenwyn Jones?;)

Asno

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Eder Official on 19:08 - Jul 1 with 2193 viewsBorojack

Eder Official on 18:59 - Jul 1 by raynor94

What, you think Gomis and Eder are a weak link? Well you haven't got much in faith Garrys judgement, but it's typical of some of our fans to dismiss before they have even seen

I am not dismissing jumping to conclusions there.
But its been obvious since Bony left that the club have been tiptoeing around Gomis.
After his sulking antics earlier in the season.
We should have bèen looking to sign a player who is better than Gomis.
And if the tantrums started again tough titty no player is bigger than the club.
Or do you think his behaviour was acceptable then.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Eder Official on 19:10 - Jul 1 with 2192 viewsNeath_Jack

Our fans have been spoiled rotten the past ten years or so and i think it is affecting their expectations a tad. When a £5m striker is brought in as back up, and is being rubbished as being not good enough, before he has even kicked a ball in anger is something to behold fair play.

Come on Huw mun, get your hands in your pockets and buy us a £15m player. We got billions of money now see, coz it's the Premier League and stuff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Eder Official on 19:16 - Jul 1 with 2160 viewsmonmouth

Eder Official on 19:08 - Jul 1 by Borojack

But its been obvious since Bony left that the club have been tiptoeing around Gomis.
And if the tantrums started again tough titty no player is bigger than the club.

Or.....as I think is obvious...Monk genuinely rates him as top quality (God knows he's said so often enough) and just wants better back up or another player that can grow into our side and challenge Gomis. Eder was hardly bargain basement price.

...and maybe the club and GM thought that mitrovich was overhyped overpriced tat, or wasn't interested, and that some poster (no name, no pack drill) has the player assessment skills of an elephant's arse with a fluttering love struck eye stuck right in the middle of it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Eder Official on 19:16 - Jul 1 with 2159 viewsPrivate_Partz

Excellent news and I wish him all the very best. Congrats to the club for getting their signings in early so that we can get the full team in prevseason train from the off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Eder Official on 19:18 - Jul 1 with 2148 viewsmacthejack

I can't believe how many people have not learnt to trust the board and the signings they make. Almost every player who has been criticized when signing for us has gone on to excel. Shelvey, Routledge, Fabianski, Naughton (jury may still be out) to name but a few. Threads like this only further my belief that the majority of football fans (and indeed human beings in general) are complete, unadulterated, copper-bottomed morons who are never happy unless they have something to whine about.
Eder Official on 19:19 - Jul 1 with 2137 viewsraynor94

What, he was pissed off he wasn't playing, and look what happened when he did start, injury free he will score 20 this year, Eder has 14 Portuguese caps he's no did, as someone else posted our fans have been spoilt, turning There noses up at a £5 million signing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Eder Official on 19:21 - Jul 1 with 2128 viewsMarryGonk

If Eder was not good enough for Swansea City, we wouldn't have signed him. Same goes with Ayew, Tabanou and Nordfeldt.

I've personally never seen the guy play, but I think we can trust in Huw and Garry's judgement.

We've never had it so good.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Login to get fewer ads

Eder Official on 19:26 - Jul 1 with 2109 viewsDr_Winston

God help Gomis if he goes 2/3 games without scoring at any point next season. Some people can't wait to pick up last seasons habits.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Eder Official on 19:32 - Jul 1 with 2087 viewsPozuelosSideys

He can do the business - the talent is there. Wouldnt suprise me if Monk got it out of him too

If he gets off to a decent start, who knows. Better than that N'Doye anyway.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Eder Official on 19:50 - Jul 1 with 2020 viewsSwansNZ

Eder Official on 19:21 - Jul 1 by MarryGonk

If Eder was not good enough for Swansea City, we wouldn't have signed him. Same goes with Ayew, Tabanou and Nordfeldt.

I've personally never seen the guy play, but I think we can trust in Huw and Garry's judgement.

We've never had it so good.

Quite right.

I've not seen any of these players, nor even heard of them before, but accept our judgement in buying players.

We could have spunked £15-16m on a Dani Osvaldo or Ballotelli

Welcome you Jack Eder!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Eder Official on 19:55 - Jul 1 with 2003 viewsmorningstar

You can hardly blame him for sulking as it's become more and more evident that he was promised the NO1 striker spot when we signed him but Bony did not leave in the summer as we expected.
However, he knuckled down, got his rewards and spent the summer ensuring that he came back for pre season in tip top shape! You can't expect anymore from the lad. Hats off to him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Eder Official on 21:09 - Jul 1 with 1879 viewsmalagajack

From what I have read he's come up through the divisions, as per several of our 1st team squad, I'm sure he will want to prove himself and he should be supported in that endeavor, once he adapts to our system I'm optimistic he will be an asset. As a striker should be coming into his prime.
Eder Official on 22:36 - Jul 1 with 1759 viewsSweyns_Eye

To agree with some sentiments expressed in this thread, isn't it amazing how some of our fans are underwhelmed by us paying £5Million for a striker (with 18 international caps for the 7th ranked best team in the world) as they reckon he isn't good enough.

Funny old world.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Eder Official on 22:40 - Jul 1 with 1750 viewsPrivate_Partz

Eder Official on 19:19 - Jul 1 by raynor94

What, he was pissed off he wasn't playing, and look what happened when he did start, injury free he will score 20 this year, Eder has 14 Portuguese caps he's no did, as someone else posted our fans have been spoilt, turning There noses up at a £5 million signing

Wow I agree :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Eder Official on 22:53 - Jul 1 with 1484 viewsBorojack

Eder Official on 22:40 - Jul 1 by Private_Partz

Wow I agree :-)

Pissed off at not playing is that why there was a 40 page thread calling for his head and that was after Bony had been sold.
Seems a few on here have short memories.

Eder Official on 23:23 - Jul 1 with 1405 viewsmorningstar

Eder Official on 22:53 - Jul 1 by Borojack

Pissed off at not playing is that why there was a 40 page thread calling for his head and that was after Bony had been sold.

Are you on some sort of wind up mate?

Eder Official on 23:31 - Jul 1 with 1387 viewsBorojack

Eder Official on 23:23 - Jul 1 by morningstar

Are you on some sort of wind up mate?

Its called encouraging debate.
He did ruffle more than a few feathers on here dont you remember.

Eder Official on 00:00 - Jul 2 with 1345 viewsmorningstar

Eder Official on 23:31 - Jul 1 by Borojack

Its called encouraging debate.
He did ruffle more than a few feathers on here dont you remember.

I'm all for debate if there is something too debate. Fact is Gomis signed for us believing he would be No1.It didn't turn out that way as Bony wasn't sold and quite rightfully he threw a paddy! The best time for him to do this was when Bony was sold in his mind. But after sitting down with our Ga, he knuckled down and did the biz and has turned up for pre season training in amazing shape fitness wise. What the feck do you want from the guy?

Eder Official on 00:10 - Jul 2 with 1333 viewsraynor94

Eder Official on 22:53 - Jul 1 by Borojack

Most probably the same people who are underwhelmed with a 14 cap Portuguese international, know what I mean, we have some great fans

Eder Official on 00:12 - Jul 2 with 1330 viewsBorojack

Eder Official on 00:00 - Jul 2 by morningstar

I'm all for debate if there is something too debate. Fact is Gomis signed for us believing he would be No1.It didn't turn out that way as Bony wasn't sold and quite rightfully he threw a paddy! The best time for him to do this was when Bony was sold in his mind. But after sitting down with our Ga, he knuckled down and did the biz and has turned up for pre season training in amazing shape fitness wise. What the feck do you want from the guy?

Yes he has knuckled down since no problem with that.
Did very well in fact and scored a few goals.
What I have a problem with is he had a huge signing on fee and a 70 grand a week wage and whined like a big girl because Bony kept him out of the side.

Eder Official on 01:09 - Jul 2 with 1292 viewsHip

Eder Official on 19:18 - Jul 1 by macthejack

I can't believe how many people have not learnt to trust the board and the signings they make. Almost every player who has been criticized when signing for us has gone on to excel. Shelvey, Routledge, Fabianski, Naughton (jury may still be out) to name but a few. Threads like this only further my belief that the majority of football fans (and indeed human beings in general) are complete, unadulterated, copper-bottomed morons who are never happy unless they have something to whine about.

At the end of the day we're all whining about something.

I can't really see Eder being anything but a backup. We've got to hope he settles fast but i also can't see him scoring more than a handful of goals. I really hope i'm wrong.

Nélson Oliveira would have been a nice backup but Benfica would have spent the money to acquire what could have been our top target. Austin would have also been a nice HG option.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 1:24]
Eder Official on 06:42 - Jul 2 with 1226 viewsMattG

Eder Official on 01:09 - Jul 2 by Hip

I can't really see Eder being anything but a backup. We've got to hope he settles fast but i also can't see him scoring more than a handful of goals. I really hope i'm wrong.

Nélson Oliveira would have been a nice backup but Benfica would have spent the money to acquire what could have been our top target. Austin would have also been a nice HG option.

If Eder is nothing more than a backup, it will be because Gomis is banging the goals in. Playing two up top just doesn't work for us as proved last season and, without European football to offer, that means it's difficult to justify signing what people see as another proven (or, in simple terms, expensive) striker.

Or perhaps Monk should drop Gomis, even if he is scoring regularly, just to test his mentality and commitment to the Club, see if he starts whining again?

Don't know much about Eder but his pedigree looks decent enough and £5m is peanuts in this day and age.
Eder Official on 07:19 - Jul 2 with 1210 viewsraynor94

Eder Official on 01:09 - Jul 2 by Hip

So what do you base your assumption on, that you can't see him scoring more than a handful of goals? at least wait till you have seen him in action

Eder Official on 07:59 - Jul 2 with 1188 viewsAngelRangelQS

Eder Official on 07:19 - Jul 2 by raynor94

So what do you base your assumption on, that you can't see him scoring more than a handful of goals? at least wait till you have seen him in action

If Gomis scores 10-12 goals then 5 or 6 from Eder will be a decent enough return.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024