Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu a question 08:23 - Jul 2 with 2488 viewsJBG

Someone tell me, if a player does not report back for training, how do we still have to pay him?

Michu a question on 08:30 - Jul 2 with 2462 viewsSwansNZ

If he refuses to show, I'd guess we don't pay him.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu a question on 08:33 - Jul 2 with 2460 viewsSwaneeRiver

IMO no. Breach of contract.
In the real world, if we didn't turn up for work and didn't report in, we'd expect to be fired. At the very least not paid.
Why should footballers be the same (unless he has discussed the situation with the club and they have given him dispensation)
Michu a question on 08:39 - Jul 2 with 2433 viewsmacthejack

It's probably more a case that he wasn't invited back to training.
Michu a question on 08:45 - Jul 2 with 2421 viewsdgt73

Ffs......I'll take a stab in the dark and say :- this has been agreed between Michu & the club. Oh and of course he'll be paid.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 8:48]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Michu a question on 08:55 - Jul 2 with 2390 viewsAnotherJohn

My stab in the dark would be that something happened between the statements released respectively by Garry and Huw in April/May, and that if we knew what we'd know why Michu is not with us now. I wouldn't be surprised if Huw decided at that stage to finally pull the plug, and that it is the club rather than Michu making decisions about whether he attends pre-season training.
Michu a question on 08:57 - Jul 2 with 2384 viewsSwaneeRiver

Michu a question on 08:45 - Jul 2 by dgt73

Ffs......I'll take a stab in the dark and say :- this has been agreed between Michu & the club. Oh and of course he'll be paid.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 8:48]

So if you called your employers and said "here Boss, there's a heatwave coming, so I'm taking a few weeks off to enjoy the sun" , you're boss would happily say "No problem DGT, you take as much time as you like> we'll still pay you. Just come back when it starts raining, okay?"
FFS.
SCFC is a business not a charity organisation.
As I understand it, a player signs a contract agreeing to make themselves available to play, in return for money. If the player fails to make himself available or the club fails to pay him, then that contract is broken.
Until Sir Huw announces he's paid Michu off or whatever, then IMO Michu is in breach of contract.
Simples
Michu a question on 09:03 - Jul 2 with 2367 viewsdgt73

Michu a question on 08:57 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

So if you called your employers and said "here Boss, there's a heatwave coming, so I'm taking a few weeks off to enjoy the sun" , you're boss would happily say "No problem DGT, you take as much time as you like> we'll still pay you. Just come back when it starts raining, okay?"
FFS.
As I understand it, a player signs a contract agreeing to make themselves available to play, in return for money. If the player fails to make himself available or the club fails to pay him, then that contract is broken.
Until Sir Huw announces he's paid Michu off or whatever, then IMO Michu is in breach of contract.
Simples

I can take as much time off as i want, because i am the boss.

You do not understand what i said and that is, it's probably been agreed that is not in Michu's or the clubs intrest for him to come back and if that's the case, he will be payed.

Michu a question on 09:06 - Jul 2 with 2350 viewsmacthejack

People just don't get it do they. Michu will never play for Swansea City again. He has a bad attitude and is not wanted around the club as he causes disruptions. He's clearly been told to stay away from Swansea City AFC and we will obviously be looking at selling/loaning/or cancelling his contract. On top of all that he has a very badly injured ankle that will likely mean he will never return to full fitness and will probably force him into retirement.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu a question on 09:07 - Jul 2 with 2343 viewsTrundle10

FFS.
Simples

Unless of course he has been granted this. Does anybody really believe he has just not bothered to turn up??? This has been agreed obviously. He is not going to play for us again. If he had turned up for pre-season then the speculation would be like wild fire and disruptive. So what is the point of him coming? It is in the clubs best interest if he does not come as he clearly will not be playing for us. There is no story here.
Michu a question on 09:10 - Jul 2 with 2330 viewsdgt73

Michu a question on 09:07 - Jul 2 by Trundle10

Unless of course he has been granted this. Does anybody really believe he has just not bothered to turn up??? This has been agreed obviously. He is not going to play for us again. If he had turned up for pre-season then the speculation would be like wild fire and disruptive. So what is the point of him coming? It is in the clubs best interest if he does not come as he clearly will not be playing for us. There is no story here.

A bit of reason at last lol.

Michu a question on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 2290 viewsSwaneeRiver

Michu a question on 09:07 - Jul 2 by Trundle10

The likely hood is that what you have stated is the scenario, and an agreement is in place that Michu never sets foot in SA1 again.
However the OP asked "Someone tell me, if a player does not report back for training, how do we still have to pay him?"
This question does not allow for the very possible outcome you have stated, simply asks "What happens if"
The question should be read as "Hypothetically, if a player doesn't turn up what happens?", not "If Michu hasn't turned up, is it by agreement?"
Michu a question on 09:42 - Jul 2 with 2239 viewsAnotherJohn

Michu a question on 09:25 - Jul 2 by SwaneeRiver

The likely hood is that what you have stated is the scenario, and an agreement is in place that Michu never sets foot in SA1 again.
However the OP asked "Someone tell me, if a player does not report back for training, how do we still have to pay him?"
This question does not allow for the very possible outcome you have stated, simply asks "What happens if"
The question should be read as "Hypothetically, if a player doesn't turn up what happens?", not "If Michu hasn't turned up, is it by agreement?"

Yes, if you want to interpret the question as a 'what if' that is true, but many seem to be making the assumption that this is a one-sided 'no show' by Michu and that seems highly unlikely.
Michu a question on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 2196 viewsicecoldjack

The fact we just signed eder and that much u is not in swansea to be assessed by the club tells me he is now finished here for good .

Nobody loved him more than me but the club know a lot more and time to move forward .

We did the same with..

Trundle
Scotland
Sinclair
bodde
Vorm
bony

The list is a long one we are in safe hands I which michu all the best.

Hope he is remembered for his astounding effort and goals in winning our first major trophy while playing in a team that produced some of the most thrilling football I've seen at the swans.

Michu, chico, Pablo, jdg and Laudrup deserve nothing but the highest praise but the book is now closed on that for me. The club clearly want to move away from that and in hindsight they are probably correct to do so.

New times new adventures new targets to achieve.

Time to reflect fondly on the past and look to the future.
Michu a question on 10:31 - Jul 2 with 2154 viewsraynor94

Yes he had a fantastic first season which brought us a trophy, but all that has been tarnished he's just a stroppy selfish individual who has us a club by the balls

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu a question on 11:08 - Jul 2 with 2097 viewsicecoldjack

Michu a question on 10:31 - Jul 2 by raynor94

Yes he had a fantastic first season which brought us a trophy, but all that has been tarnished he's just a stroppy selfish individual who has us a club by the balls

Well I will regard all that as hearsay and rumour until the club or direct source give direct quotes.
Michu a question on 12:31 - Jul 2 with 1977 viewsraynor94

Michu a question on 11:08 - Jul 2 by icecoldjack

Well I will regard all that as hearsay and rumour until the club or direct source give direct quotes.

Well I would hardly think the club wouldn't want him back here if he was a positive influence around the place!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu a question on 12:46 - Jul 2 with 1939 viewsTom1912

FFS.
Simples

Comparing the football world to "real" jobs is pointless because they just don't work at all the same.

We've probably agreed with Michu that he won't come back and told him not to report to training and to go find a club. No breach of contract if both parties agree.
Michu a question on 12:54 - Jul 2 with 1900 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Due to his injury and surgury it is possible he is still on the equivalent of sick leave.
Michu a question on 12:54 - Jul 2 with 1899 viewsJackSomething

Michu a question on 11:08 - Jul 2 by icecoldjack

We've still not had official word about Leon Knight, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It's in nobody's interest to air our dirty linen in public.

As Raynor has said, if there was any chance of him integrating with the squad and potentially playing his part next season, the club would have him back here. Especially as the alternative is likely to be letting him go for nothing.

I'm not going to say whose to blame for the situation, as we don't know, but common sense suggests it's coming from the player.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michu a question on 15:08 - Jul 2 with 1753 viewsjack247

FFS.
Simples

He has either just not shown up, in which case he will probably be fined/not paid. Or far more likely, he has effectively been given gardening leave. That happens often enough in the real world, not just football.
Michu a question on 19:44 - Jul 2 with 1586 viewsSwaneeRiver

Michu a question on 15:08 - Jul 2 by jack247

He has either just not shown up, in which case he will probably be fined/not paid. Or far more likely, he has effectively been given gardening leave. That happens often enough in the real world, not just football.

I would say in Michu's case this is the right answer.
However, were it any other player (which it could be because of the ambivalent way the OP posed the question) then the answer would be totally different
Michu a question on 23:17 - Jul 2 with 1415 viewsJBG

thanks for the answers lads, still cant see Huw saying, stay away fella, and we will pay you 160k a month for naff all because your disruptive. be a waste of 1.92 million surely, better to say, turn up for training michu or face the boot mate, in simple terms of course
Michu a question on 23:25 - Jul 2 with 1406 viewsDarran

Michu a question on 12:31 - Jul 2 by raynor94

Well I would hardly think the club wouldn't want him back here if he was a positive influence around the place!

Iceccold is blinded by his love of Laudrup and he signed Michu.

And before he replies I apologise for destroying this forum.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu a question on 00:02 - Jul 3 with 1365 viewsScoobyWho

Michu a question on 12:54 - Jul 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Due to his injury and surgury it is possible he is still on the equivalent of sick leave.

You are far to kind mate.

What other job allows you to be on holiday all summer ( on sick leave ) with your mates whilst they are injured. He could be doing basic community work in Swansea , working with the youth, whatever.( paying back what he has taken for free ) If that was my job and I went on holiday to Barbados with my mates whilst nursing an injured ankle they would throw me to the wolves. As I said he is a top player, and also a top cnt.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024