Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Royal Family 17:05 - Jul 2 with 4049 viewsjohnlangy

I'm not a Royalist personally but I wondered recently what others see in the Royal family. If you're a Royalist do you think they are superior to you ? Do you think they deserve to be pampered with our money ? I obviously don't but, if you do can you explain why you think they should be feted the way they are.

This is a genuine question because, when I see the way people fawn over them i'm baffled. I just don't understand it.
The Royal Family on 17:37 - Jul 2 with 1547 viewsperchrockjack

Ive just returned from Holland and attended the Veterans Day which was attended by King Wilhelm -Alexander. This fella was easily approached and was seen entering the various marquees being offered and accepting offers of drinks.

This was up on the big screen while we watched a band. Quite incredible.

Much of Europes monarchies do not have this grotesque deferential culture ours perpetuate.

Superior to me/ Well I aint a saint but Ive never behaved as badly as many of these jerks of ours who are simply taking the piss out of us all. And I note our Queen will not be subject to cuts in her List. All in it together? Like fook we are.

I would love to see the present queen abdicate and have her eldest son take the throne . We need to halve the civil list immediately or better still only have monarch and immediate family on our payroll.

It wont happen of course

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Royal Family on 17:47 - Jul 2 with 1528 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I haven't got much time for any of them but I prefer the current queen as head of state to an elected alternative such as Thatcher or Blair.

Like Perch, I would cut the civil list drastically but unlike Perch, I fear the day when the t**t Charles becomes head of state. His sister is better suited to the job in my opinion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Royal Family on 17:50 - Jul 2 with 1512 viewsexiledclaseboy

No such thing as the Civil List now. It's called the Sovereign Grant these days. All hail the future King Charles III and Queen Camilla. Gawd bless 'em.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:51]

Poll: Tory leader

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 with 1505 viewsdgt73

The Royal Family on 17:50 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

No such thing as the Civil List now. It's called the Sovereign Grant these days. All hail the future King Charles III and Queen Camilla. Gawd bless 'em.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:51]

Fcuk em

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 with 1496 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 by dgt73

Fcuk em

That's the spirit.

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 with 1502 viewsperchrockjack

I don't particularly want Charles to ben King ,Joe, but W

The Royal Family on 17:56 - Jul 2 with 1495 viewsperchrockjack

Jeez, sorry about that...

Charles is a nutter but I think he cares. His mum is ,to me, free of any charisma/emotion/call it what you will, whatsoever.

Anne would ,I agree,have been an excellent Queen although she d upset many .

Anyway, we re stuck with them

The Royal Family on 17:57 - Jul 2 with 1493 viewsdgt73

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 by perchrockjack

There's to many of them. The sovereign and direct line is one thing - but there's been to many scroungers.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:58]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

The Royal Family on 17:58 - Jul 2 with 1489 viewsjackportis

The only thing that annoys me about the royals is major hewitts son prince harry celebrating with his chums when England play Wales in rugby and the English score.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Royal Family on 18:00 - Jul 2 with 1482 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Royal Family on 17:53 - Jul 2 by perchrockjack

Ben E King, Perch?

Right name, great voice, could have adopted Stand by me as the national anthem.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Royal Family on 18:14 - Jul 2 with 1457 viewsperchrockjack

yeh yeah yeah but I blame this koybaord..
The Civil List is what it is ,as it was ,as it always will be.

Renaming doesn't make any difference.

The Royal Family on 18:18 - Jul 2 with 1449 viewsscottishjack

I'm neither here nor there opinion wise with the Royal family, they seem to bring some value to the country tourist wise? (I'm not sure if that has ever been backed up?)

The last time I got into a discussion on the Royal family, the general opinion in the end is that things might change if William ever gets to the throne, Charles is too...? What's the word? Stuck in the institution of it all, he has been raised to be king one day and will see it as his duty (If that makes any sense), whereas William seemed to be kept with as level a head as possible given the circumstances. He also seems to be keeping his own kids out of the way of the media scrum...
The Royal Family on 20:03 - Jul 2 with 1407 viewssherpajacob

The tourism argument for the royals is spurious at best, when you consider the palace of versailles attracts more visitors than any uk tourist attraction.

Also people saying the queen is ok, but charles isn't but william will be alright simply highlights the absurdity of choosing the head of state because they were born first.

is anybody on here with more than one child going to leave everything in their will to their first born?

We dont yet know if prince george is going to be a nice chap or a homocidal maniac, yet hes going to be head of state one day.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Royal Family on 20:10 - Jul 2 with 1393 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Royal Family on 20:03 - Jul 2 by sherpajacob

The tourism argument for the royals is spurious at best, when you consider the palace of versailles attracts more visitors than any uk tourist attraction.

Also people saying the queen is ok, but charles isn't but william will be alright simply highlights the absurdity of choosing the head of state because they were born first.

is anybody on here with more than one child going to leave everything in their will to their first born?

We dont yet know if prince george is going to be a nice chap or a homocidal maniac, yet hes going to be head of state one day.

The Head of State thing is a misnomer though. It's purely ceremonial. Parliament is sovereign. Except when the EU is but that's another debate entirely.

The Royal Family on 20:11 - Jul 2 with 1392 viewsDr_Winston

I have no strong feelings one way or another, but would prefer the head of state to be elected, ceremonial or not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Royal Family on 20:13 - Jul 2 with 1384 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Royal Family on 20:11 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

I have no strong feelings one way or another, but would prefer the head of state to be elected, ceremonial or not.

It's probably more pressing to worry about electing the PM first. He's the de facto head of state and the one who yields executive power. Yet only about 60000 of his her or her constituents get to vote on him or her.

The Royal Family on 21:00 - Jul 2 with 1339 viewsepaul

Get rid of the lot fecking scrounging lizards

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Royal Family on 21:01 - Jul 2 with 1338 viewsLord_Bony

Could nt we all chip in and get him a new KOYBOARD for Xmas?

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Royal Family on 21:08 - Jul 2 with 1315 viewssherpajacob

The Royal Family on 20:10 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

The Head of State thing is a misnomer though. It's purely ceremonial. Parliament is sovereign. Except when the EU is but that's another debate entirely.

If its purely ceremonial and costs the tax payer a lot of money then simply get rid of it.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Royal Family on 21:31 - Jul 2 with 1290 viewsKilkennyjack

The queen is worth a cool £330 million. And still gets money from UK Govt. Not a bad deal.

Beware of the Risen People

The Royal Family on 22:38 - Jul 2 with 1236 viewslonglostjack

The Royal Family on 21:31 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

The queen is worth a cool £330 million. And still gets money from UK Govt. Not a bad deal.

I'll buy Duchy of Cornwall organic bloody biscuits when they become subject to corporation tax like any normal business.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Royal Family on 23:31 - Jul 2 with 1196 viewsHighjack

Chop off er ed and bring back the cromwells, that was great fun last time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Royal Family on 23:40 - Jul 2 with 1181 viewsjackonicko

The Royal Family on 20:10 - Jul 2 by exiledclaseboy

I completely disagree. The Head of State does not get actively involved due to convention. But not doing certain things does not mean the monarchy doesn't have power or substance. It's not just something for the tourists.

Things may seem simply ceremonial but the ceremony represents much of what binds together our constitution.

We cannot just get rid of the monarchy. We would have to replace its function with something else. And what we would have to replace it with would be - for me - unpalatable.
The Royal Family on 23:46 - Jul 2 with 1173 viewsHighjack

It can't be much of a life for her. She is worked harder than any other 90 year old in the planet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Royal Family on 23:48 - Jul 2 with 1173 viewsScoobyWho

The Royal Family on 17:47 - Jul 2 by Joe_bradshaw

I haven't got much time for any of them but I prefer the current queen as head of state to an elected alternative such as Thatcher or Blair.

Like Perch, I would cut the civil list drastically but unlike Perch, I fear the day when the t**t Charles becomes head of state. His sister is better suited to the job in my opinion.

If there is to be a succession to the queen, the three next descendants to the throne should be put on Saturday night TV and a phone votes carried out. Not before of course they carry out a selection of tasks from singing, dancing and maybe oral cleverness or even food sex and then honourably asked to stand naked on a spinning Fcking drum before being executed on a burning bacon slicer.

Sorry, the last bit is optional.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 23:50]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024