Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news 17:06 - Jul 2 with 5324 viewsTheFranchise

Swans academy promoted to Cat 1 for next season.

This is massive for us and our next generation of Jacks.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-academy-p
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 17:07]
Big news on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 1476 viewswaynekerr55

Big news on 20:22 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Right, since we are already this all singing all dancing football club, why do we need this Cat 1 academy, other than for the kudos? I'd say Southampton are the exception to the rule, what about Derby, Fulham, Wolves or Blackburn? Who have they produced through their academies? That's a genuine question. All those clubs named, you'd think there'd be plenty of top class players to come through their academies, perhaps they have, but that is what i'm asking here.

What is the true benefit of it? I don't buy the, playing the top sides every week are going to make a dramatic difference to their ability. Maybe it will make the average players a little bit better, but produce first teamers on a regular basis?

As i said on the subject the other week, i'm willing for those with more knowledge of these set ups to put me straight, but up until now, nobody has.

Optimist in me says more contact time = better players

Cynic says cat 1 = cherry pick other clubs talent for peanuts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Big news on 20:43 - Jul 3 with 1464 viewsNeath_Jack

Big news on 20:38 - Jul 3 by waynekerr55

Optimist in me says more contact time = better players

Cynic says cat 1 = cherry pick other clubs talent for peanuts

When you say contact time, do you mean because they will be studying in the classroom?

What do they do in that classroom, is it football related studies or your normal run of the mill school stuff?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Big news on 20:54 - Jul 3 with 1447 viewswaynekerr55

Big news on 20:43 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

When you say contact time, do you mean because they will be studying in the classroom?

What do they do in that classroom, is it football related studies or your normal run of the mill school stuff?

They can study on site so that they can train more.

More practice should make better players, unless they're doing stupid unopposed drills or training to be the next Bolt ala Garcia 😂😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Big news on 22:08 - Jul 3 with 1346 viewsClinton

Right, since we are already this all singing all dancing football club, why do we need this Cat 1 academy, other than for the kudos? I'd say Southampton are the exception to the rule, what about Derby, Fulham, Wolves or Blackburn? Who have they produced through their academies? That's a genuine question. All those clubs named, you'd think there'd be plenty of top class players to come through their academies, perhaps they have, but that is what i'm asking here.

What is the true benefit of it? I don't buy the, playing the top sides every week are going to make a dramatic difference to their ability. Maybe it will make the average players a little bit better, but produce first teamers on a regular basis?

As i said on the subject the other week, i'm willing for those with more knowledge of these set ups to put me straight, but up until now, nobody has.

Derby's academy recent graduates include Jeff Hendrick, a current Republic of Ireland international and Will Hughes part of the U21 team that qualified for this summers European championships.
Both are excellent players and members of their current first team squad. As a pair, it's probably the equivalent of us producing Joe Allen and Ben Davies.
There's also a couple of England u20, u18 internationals bubbling under.
Probably gives support to your argument TBH.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Big news on 22:26 - Jul 3 with 1318 viewsmorningstar

Big news on 22:08 - Jul 3 by Clinton

Derby's academy recent graduates include Jeff Hendrick, a current Republic of Ireland international and Will Hughes part of the U21 team that qualified for this summers European championships.
Both are excellent players and members of their current first team squad. As a pair, it's probably the equivalent of us producing Joe Allen and Ben Davies.
There's also a couple of England u20, u18 internationals bubbling under.
Probably gives support to your argument TBH.

In fairness to Neath_Jack I think he's asking what is the difference between having a Cat1 status academy with state of the art facilities with a lifestyle to go with it, and having our youngsters playing against Havarfordwest in the old Welsh League before going around the Queens and getting pI$$ED like the 'new' Robbie James aka Jeff Griffiths. I can see his point!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Big news on 22:32 - Jul 3 with 1304 viewsLeonisGod

I thought it means we have access to kids from all over, whereas the lower category academies can only recruit from smaller regional areas. If so then that's a price worth paying. I could be wrong though.
Big news on 22:38 - Jul 3 with 1292 viewsSwanseajill

Big news on 20:43 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Long time ago now but I remember Gary Stanley in my work shop ( I was remodelling a suit for him)

He told me that when he was a youngster at Chelsea, they would study at their academy, and once a week he would go elsewhere to study tailoring. He said if he didn't make in football then that's the trade he wanted to go into.
I'm so glad he didn't. great football player.
Big news on 22:43 - Jul 3 with 1279 viewsPrivate_Partz

Excellent news and I think the increase in standard in reserve team football is very important as well. Is there still provision to play over age players in the U21 setup? This would help in keeping players on the fringe of the first team up to speed.
I hope the matches get much better publicity and are played on a weekend to give supporters an opportunity to get to them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Big news on 23:23 - Jul 3 with 1233 viewsClinton

Big news on 22:26 - Jul 3 by morningstar

In fairness to Neath_Jack I think he's asking what is the difference between having a Cat1 status academy with state of the art facilities with a lifestyle to go with it, and having our youngsters playing against Havarfordwest in the old Welsh League before going around the Queens and getting pI$$ED like the 'new' Robbie James aka Jeff Griffiths. I can see his point!

for the record I was helping out with his query about the success of Derby, Fulham, wolves academies who already have Cat 1.
Fully agree that we don't want the lads out on the beers after a trips to Haverforwest and the like. (With due respect to those boys of course) Although it's a timely reminder what awaits us if we mess up.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Big news on 23:28 - Jul 3 with 1224 viewsmorningstar

Big news on 23:23 - Jul 3 by Clinton

for the record I was helping out with his query about the success of Derby, Fulham, wolves academies who already have Cat 1.
Fully agree that we don't want the lads out on the beers after a trips to Haverforwest and the like. (With due respect to those boys of course) Although it's a timely reminder what awaits us if we mess up.

For the record Clint. I was taking the pI$$ out of his whole query!

Big news on 08:46 - Jul 4 with 1138 viewsjackportis

I'm pleased for the surrounding areas of Swansea such as Neath. Please feel free to join and of course continue supporting the football down in Swansea.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Big news on 09:28 - Jul 4 with 1107 viewsNeath_Jack

Big news on 08:46 - Jul 4 by jackportis

I'm pleased for the surrounding areas of Swansea such as Neath. Please feel free to join and of course continue supporting the football down in Swansea.

Dimwit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Big news on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 1101 viewsNeath_Jack

Big news on 23:23 - Jul 3 by Clinton

Ignore him, he's still butt hurt as he tried to be clever the other week and ended up looking like Jackportis.

Thanks for the information on their academies.

Big news on 12:32 - Jul 4 with 1022 viewsmorningstar

Big news on 09:30 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

Ignore him, he's still butt hurt as he tried to be clever the other week and ended up looking like Jackportis.

Sorry, I must have missed that one son!

Big news on 13:55 - Jul 4 with 970 viewsjackportis

Big news on 09:30 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

I have never been butt hurt. I will certainly keep away from your circle of friends.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024