Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jazz vs Matthews 11:50 - Jul 3 with 3013 viewsAndyNak

On BBC gossip page, former Swans youngster Adam Matthews apparently on his way to Sunderland for £1.5M. If Jazz did indeed go for £500K seems a bit cheap?

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Jazz vs Matthews on 11:52 - Jul 3 with 3001 viewsMarryGonk

We were being quoted much higher for Matthews weren't we?

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:23 - Jul 3 with 2917 viewsScoobyWho

Matthews isn't good enough, that's why he is gong to Sunderland.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:31 - Jul 3 with 2888 viewsJBT95

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:23 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

Well I have to be honest, didn't think much of Joe Ledley as he was playing in the SPL, but since he's been at Palace I have began to think he is actually a very decent player.
Jazz vs Matthews on 12:53 - Jul 3 with 2832 viewsABERSWAN

Have to agree,Ledley has been very good since he moved from Celtic,but why go there in the first place? From a welsh point of view,it's good news,competitor for Gunter at right back,from a player playing in the premiership.
Jazz vs Matthews on 13:13 - Jul 3 with 2782 viewsAndyNak

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:53 - Jul 3 by ABERSWAN

Have to agree,Ledley has been very good since he moved from Celtic,but why go there in the first place? From a welsh point of view,it's good news,competitor for Gunter at right back,from a player playing in the premiership.

Not really commenting on whether Matthews is good enough - certainly not suggesting we should be after him! Just interested that he's going for 3 times what Jazz went for when Jazz seems to be ahead of him in the pecking order for Wales (unless that was due to injury?). Can't say I know much about Matthews, seen him for Wales and didn't really notice him

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:18 - Jul 3 with 2761 viewsJackSomething

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:13 - Jul 3 by AndyNak

Not really commenting on whether Matthews is good enough - certainly not suggesting we should be after him! Just interested that he's going for 3 times what Jazz went for when Jazz seems to be ahead of him in the pecking order for Wales (unless that was due to injury?). Can't say I know much about Matthews, seen him for Wales and didn't really notice him

Considering he's played over 200 career games, including 30 in Europe, I'm a little surprised Celtic aren't looking for more for him, irrespective of how good he is.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:18 - Jul 3 with 2761 viewsCooperman

I hope he moves to Sunderland as it's another step nearer relegation.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:25 - Jul 3 with 2738 viewsbuilthjack

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:23 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

Our wingers are looking forward to facing him

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:28 - Jul 3 with 2729 viewskarnataka

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:25 - Jul 3 by builthjack

Our wingers are looking forward to facing him

Matthews v Montero eh? Bring it on. Maybe we'll get more than 2 points out of Sunderland this coming season.
Jazz vs Matthews on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 2644 viewsBorojack

Jazz vs Matthews on 11:52 - Jul 3 by MarryGonk

We were being quoted much higher for Matthews weren't we?

Yes they turned 2 million down if you believe the rumours.
But he was on a longer contract then I think not good enough though will struggle in the PL.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 2528 viewsAndyNak

Jazz vs Matthews on 13:18 - Jul 3 by JackSomething

Considering he's played over 200 career games, including 30 in Europe, I'm a little surprised Celtic aren't looking for more for him, irrespective of how good he is.

Didn't realised he'd played so many games or that many in Europe. Is he any good? What sort of level/player would you compare him to? £1.5m isn't much for a Prem player
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 15:18]

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:25 - Jul 3 with 2498 viewsJackSomething

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:17 - Jul 3 by AndyNak

Didn't realised he'd played so many games or that many in Europe. Is he any good? What sort of level/player would you compare him to? £1.5m isn't much for a Prem player
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 15:18]

I haven't seen enough of him to comment. I've probably seen him play a few times for Wales and possibly in the CL for Celtic on TV, but I can't remember him standing out at all.

Considering his experience and that he's still only 23, £1.5m does seem like a bargain. If he doesn't work out for Sunderland, they've hardly lost much.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:50 - Jul 3 with 2463 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Matthews has been playing first team football for many years at a reasonable standard and at a relatively young age. There is no comparison to Jazz.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jazz vs Matthews on 16:06 - Jul 3 with 2429 viewsunion_jack

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:53 - Jul 3 by ABERSWAN

One thing you can learn as a player at Celtic is to handle the pressure of high supporter expectation without the high quality of opponents.

Playing sport depends as much on your ability to handle pressure as it does having the natural ability. You need both. When players come to Swansea from a bigger club, they perform better because they are 'only' playing for us, and like it or not, turning out in a Swansea shirt at The Liberty is nothing like turning up at WHL, OT etc. therefore they relax, handle the pressure better and perform better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jazz vs Matthews on 01:50 - Jul 4 with 2166 viewsScoobyWho

Jazz vs Matthews on 12:31 - Jul 3 by JBT95

Well I have to be honest, didn't think much of Joe Ledley as he was playing in the SPL, but since he's been at Palace I have began to think he is actually a very decent player.

He has had some 12 years or so of practice. 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jazz vs Matthews on 02:21 - Jul 4 with 2150 viewsSwan91

Didn't realise he is only 23. Feels like he has been around for ages. He was sold to Sunderland for £2million in the end. Very good for Welsh football. The more Welsh players playing premier league football the more it can improve the national side.
Jazz vs Matthews on 04:07 - Jul 4 with 2128 viewsKilkennyjack

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:50 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Adam Matthews has been playing first team football for many years at a reasonable standard and at a relatively young age. There is no comparison to Jazz.

true.

Beware of the Risen People

Jazz vs Matthews on 06:52 - Jul 4 with 2085 viewswestisbest

There was only one year left on his contract , otherwise i'm sure they would have asked for 3 or 4 million for him
Jazz vs Matthews on 09:01 - Jul 4 with 1982 viewsDewi1jack

Don't believe either are anywhere near Angel's standard.
And our sandwich maker is getting on a bit.
Would prefer Jazz to Dwight mind! At least Jazz will try his hardest

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jazz vs Matthews on 09:16 - Jul 4 with 1964 viewsmarchamjack

a discussion about 2 players, neither of whom are good enough for us

definitely a quiet time on here

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Jazz vs Matthews on 10:09 - Jul 4 with 1910 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans made more money on Jazz than the Basseys made on Adam though ! I think.

Beware of the Risen People

Jazz vs Matthews on 10:27 - Jul 4 with 1876 viewsjack247

Nobody would have paid £1.5m for Jazz. If they would, that is what we would have sold him for.
Jazz vs Matthews on 10:37 - Jul 4 with 1859 viewsAndyNak

Jazz vs Matthews on 10:27 - Jul 4 by jack247

Nobody would have paid £1.5m for Jazz. If they would, that is what we would have sold him for.

Did we try ringing Sunderland?

Jazz vs Matthews on 15:10 - Jul 4 with 1722 viewsblaine_scfc

Matthews is living on that game against Barcelona where he had a stormer, other than that, he's been pants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024