Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture 12:02 - Jul 3 with 9619 viewsperchrockjack

According to Russell brand...

Well HE is truly futile.

REALLY, a disgusting piece of unadulated human sewerage worthy only of contempt.

I really do wish him harm .Quote me on that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 05:59 - Jul 4 with 1580 viewsHumpty

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 18:43 - Jul 3 by sherpajacob

How far back do you want to go?

The Arab spring
The illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003
The support of Saddam Hussein in the iraq- Iran war
Support for the Shah of iran
The Suez crisis 1956
The British occupation of Egypt
The creation of Iraq in 1920
The Balfour declaration of 1917

You forgot the British and American coup against the democratically elected government of Mossadagh. Because BP didn't want their oil supply to be nationalised.

What have we ever done to people in the Middle East eh?
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:06 - Jul 4 with 1561 viewscontroversial_jack

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:51 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

And have you taken the time to understand why he said that, or have you just seen a headline and come to the conclusion you were directed to?

He is saying that a minutes silence is futile because we are causing the animosity with our foreign policies and as a result, it will continue to happen. If we want to respect those people killed then instead of a minute silence, why not use their deaths to stop more deaths by changing our foreign policies. There would be no greater tribute.

Of the 28 countries on a dossier we made regarding potentially threatening countries or countries whom abuse human rights - we sell arms to 24 of them. We bomb and invade other countries continuously. By all means have a minute silence, but the problem doesn't go away, and before long we will be having a minute silence every other week as other people retaliate against our regime - not helped by the fact it is us (the UK) that actually sells the arms to them in the first place.

It seems fashionable to have a go at Brand for some reason. But I don't see much wrong with what he said at all, in fact it makes perfect sense. But people do love reacting to headlines intended to get that exact reaction which only tell 5% of the story.

Excellent post. An inconvenient truth for most people in this country
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:27 - Jul 4 with 1544 viewsQuakerJack

This is about much more than our foreign policy... These are religious fundamentalists who want the complete destruction of other religions which they see as tantamount to evil... They want to build a single state for muslims and implement the most extreme forms of shariah law as they interpret it... What we do from here on in with our foreign policy is irrelevant... They see this as a war that's been raging since King Richard and the Crusades and there's very little we can do about what went on hundreds upon hundreds of years ago... If we transformed our foreign policy to be completely passive towards the middle east snd north africa, IS would continue to wage war throughout muslim countries until governments were overthrown, a united state was created and extreme laws implemented that made North Korea seem liberal.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:34 - Jul 4 with 1534 viewsDarran

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:06 - Jul 4 by controversial_jack

Excellent post. An inconvenient truth for most people in this country

Futile to who? Futile to the children mourning the death of their innocent parents slaughtered on a beach whilst relaxing on holidays is it?
Aye good enough for the c*nts they deserved to die for the bother the presidents and prime ministers have caused over the years.

Seriously there some utter scum on this forum.

There's a time to shut your mouth and Brand and pricks like you don't know when.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:53 - Jul 4 with 1527 viewscontroversial_jack

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 09:34 - Jul 4 by Darran

Futile to who? Futile to the children mourning the death of their innocent parents slaughtered on a beach whilst relaxing on holidays is it?
Aye good enough for the c*nts they deserved to die for the bother the presidents and prime ministers have caused over the years.

There's a time to shut your mouth and Brand and pricks like you don't know when.

I think he's looking at the bigger picture, not just knee jerking - shocking though it was, which is something you seem incapable of doing.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:13 - Jul 4 with 1515 viewsperchrockjack

So, we really do have posters who ARE seeing justification for IS murders.

This shows our sickness as a western free society wherby a people, being targeted, us, actually find justification for their enemy s actions.

Its no different from excusing Himmler and his best work. UTTERLY SICKENING.

As Ive said before, USA again seen as the reason for it all

I telly you, controvertial and the rest; you are deeply disturbed if you are serious.

We re burying our own people who have "sinned" in Tunisia for bringing Alcohol and salacious behaviour on to Islamist/Arab beaches. This is what IS is thinking.

By the way. they are killing non muslims so the historical reasons copied and pasted here are blown away.

I feel sick to my stomach

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:15 - Jul 4 with 1513 viewsJackSomething

That's not what anyone has suggested, but seeing as you're having a Darran in this thread, I'm not surprised you're trying to twist people's words.

Perch, I work for a WG project working in deprived areas. No matter what kind of job I had though, I'd hope to have a more developed view of the world than you've displayed in this thread.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:29 - Jul 4 with 1502 viewscontroversial_jack

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:13 - Jul 4 by perchrockjack

This shows our sickness as a western free society wherby a people, being targeted, us, actually find justification for their enemy s actions.

I telly you, controvertial and the rest; you are deeply disturbed if you are serious.

We re burying our own people who have "sinned" in Tunisia for bringing Alcohol and salacious behaviour on to Islamist/Arab beaches. This is what IS is thinking.

By the way. they are killing non muslims so the historical reasons copied and pasted here are blown away.

Who is Trying to justify this? You are confused! Looking at the bigger picture that's all. Try it, do some research, look at history, you may be surprised - but somehow I doubt it.
Login to get fewer ads

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:34 - Jul 4 with 1501 viewsperchrockjack

Jacksomething.
You need to understand that the majority of people in this country do not share views on this thread. Try it out.

jacandme? wow another cracker totally up his own jacksie.

Brand speaking the truth?

INCREDIBLE beyond words.

I d take the views of anyone apart from heroin fuelled, morally decrepid filth like Brand.

SADLY, this sick country has too many who excuse terrorism or to make excuses for it.

Oil? No, Middle East? No, Amercia ? NO

Its pure unrefined evil that either kills us or is killed.

Navel gazing over previous treaties is no panacea.

Just why do so many on here think they are International Relations experts.

You ve talked in code JS. What is your profession. How old are you? Gay or straight? Age? previous jobs, schools.

I ll send you my CV to peruse then you can pick and mix and choose to have a go.

I trained to be a Cost and Works Accountant

Shoe size 10

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:53 - Jul 4 with 1488 viewsLord_Bony

There is not one person on this site who would ever justify these attrocities. For people to say otherwise is very poor form.

It either shows they are slightly thick or they cannot debate properly.

There is an argument here that whilst we all find the attacks of Tusisia abhorent and are saddened by it all we have to question also our meddling in the Middle East and supplying this scum with money and weapons that we knew they would turn against us.

But as much as certain people warned against this at the time there were a fair few in this country applauding it and cheering them on in Syria and Libya as freedom fighters.

This is the consequence...our own innocents lost.

Sad times indeed. Lets show some respect for the deceased here and not try political point scoring over this.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:04 - Jul 4 with 1472 viewssherpajacob

Nobody on here has justified the murders. Many have explained what causes the terrorists to commit the murders and why the terrorists behave and think the way they do.

Those that fail to understand this (which includes the uk and us government) will never be able to defeat or stop them.

Those that sanction bombing syria / Libya in which innocent people will die are ultimately acting little differently to terrorist leaders who order and plan their attrocities,

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:12 - Jul 4 with 1469 viewsJacandme

If you think that is what Brand or anybody else is suggesting then I really urge you to give up this topic now. Although I suspect it is more to do with the fact you have been challenged and don't seem to have any answers other than vague and broad profanities.

Yes a minute silence is futile for the children of the innocent parents. They now face a lifetime of silence and will never forget that day and how it changed their lives forever. Did the nation not having a minute silence for your loved ones (assuming you have experienced a death in the family) affect your grieving process then? If a minute silence was needed for every persons death in the UK then nobody would ever speak, surely it would be better to change the cause rather than a gesture to mark the result? And to a further that, a gesture from the very organisation that armed and provoked the murderers.

So to sum up, it is futile because it changes nothing and it will continue to happen as a result, not because they deserved to die. A quite frankly amazing twist on a very touching topic and something you should steer clear from doing again.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 11:33]
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:28 - Jul 4 with 1450 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:13 - Jul 4 by perchrockjack

Im afraid that is pure rubbish. Not one person has excused or justified IS or the atrocities they carry out. Please show me even one example of what you are claiming. I have re-read the thread several times and see nothing of the sort. I assume you are now acting like the other poster who has been asked to explain their knee jerk reactions after understanding 5% of the story.

Do you realise that we have killed or seriously injured 2.7 million of their people in recent times. So think the 30 on the Tunisian beach and times it by almost 90,000! To put it in persecutive further - that is pretty much the entire population of Wales. Murdered or seriously injured at the hands of UK, US and Western troops.

That isn't justification of their retaliation or deep seeded hate, that is simply explaining the reason behind it. There is no justification for killing innocent people, none. But what we can do is realise why it is happening and do our best to stop the cause. Which would be far more beneficial that being silent for a minute. Otherwise next month, we may well be having another, and another and another.

That unfortunately is the best I can do to explain it, if you still think that is justifying it or making a case why they deserved to die then I can do no more.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 11:34]
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:37 - Jul 4 with 1440 viewsSenhin

This is why a football forum shouldn't attempt a political debate. As soon as someone disagrees with someone then they are evil supporters of IS.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:49 - Jul 4 with 1352 viewsJackSomething

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:34 - Jul 4 by perchrockjack

Jacksomething.
You need to understand that the majority of people in this country do not share views on this thread. Try it out.

jacandme? wow another cracker totally up his own jacksie.

Brand speaking the truth?

INCREDIBLE beyond words.

I d take the views of anyone apart from heroin fuelled, morally decrepid filth like Brand.

SADLY, this sick country has too many who excuse terrorism or to make excuses for it.

Oil? No, Middle East? No, Amercia ? NO

Its pure unrefined evil that either kills us or is killed.

Navel gazing over previous treaties is no panacea.

Just why do so many on here think they are International Relations experts.

You ve talked in code JS. What is your profession. How old are you? Gay or straight? Age? previous jobs, schools.

I ll send you my CV to peruse then you can pick and mix and choose to have a go.

I trained to be a Cost and Works Accountant

Shoe size 10

Bloody hell Perch. Seek professional help. Senility or dementia seem to be setting in as you're making less sense than ever.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 19:11 - Jul 4 with 1294 viewsLohengrin

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 05:46 - Jul 4 by Humpty

Thirty killed in Omagh.

Fifty two killed at 7/7.

Twenty one killed in the Birmingham bombings.

I don't remember any national minutes silence for them.

Lot's more will be killed again by terrorism.

Do we have a national minutes silence for all of these victims of terrorism?

Or just when the Government decides.

Next week one person is killed. Do we have a national minute of silence for him?

If not, why not?

Humpty, I've no idea how old your are, or to be honest if there was a national minute silence for the Birmingham bombings (there may well have been) but I have vivid recollections of the minute silence at our school assembly... so vivid, in fact, I can immediately call to mind the tally of 21 dead and 222 injured. In my mind's eye that was yesterday. Most of our schoolmasters at the time were war veterans and the gravity of the occasion and the rendition of The Old Rugged Cross have stayed with me all these years, the solemnity of it all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 01:08 - Jul 5 with 1223 viewsDull1Thomas

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 19:11 - Jul 4 by Lohengrin

Humpty, I've no idea how old your are, or to be honest if there was a national minute silence for the Birmingham bombings (there may well have been) but I have vivid recollections of the minute silence at our school assembly... so vivid, in fact, I can immediately call to mind the tally of 21 dead and 222 injured. In my mind's eye that was yesterday. Most of our schoolmasters at the time were war veterans and the gravity of the occasion and the rendition of The Old Rugged Cross have stayed with me all these years, the solemnity of it all.

As for Brand, he makes a strong point and one that was being made before his rather tiresome rant. The minute silence was for the PM to be seen to be doing something.
If it has helped the grieving families in some way fine but I doubt it.No minute silence nationally for any of the events listed.
Some schools made attempts to make sense of the atrocities to their pupils and it resulted in Irish children or those with Irish names being abused.
The aftermath, despite IRA stating the events in Birmingham had nothing to do with them, was shocking levels of racism by officialdom and vigilantes. Wrongful arrests in order to get a 'paddy to pay', attacks across the country on innocent people (some with a vaguely Irish name), Catholics killed in Ireland and a general escalation in the sectarian violence.
I remember it well, too a friend in the fire brigade was one of the first crews to reach the Tavern in the Town. It was horrific, a tragic waste of life and to be universally condemned. But the reaction was wrong.
We are in a perpetual state of war somewhere in the world. Most war veterans know the horrors of conflict and prefer not to make an issue of it. I remember my old man who served from 1936 - 46 wanting nothing to do with remembrance as he said, "Why have a day to remember when I have the events in my mind every day of the year?'

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 01:23 - Jul 5 with 1215 viewsBanosswan

I'm shocked/depressed by how many people think brand is in the right here. The bloke is a complete and utter tool, who knows how to manipulate lefty/ liberal opinion.

Regardless of who agrees with him, using this atrocity as a way to further his political machinations just one week after it happened, shows just how much of a sociopath he is.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 02:09 - Jul 5 with 1204 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 01:23 - Jul 5 by Banosswan

I'm shocked/depressed by how many people think brand is in the right here. The bloke is a complete and utter tool, who knows how to manipulate lefty/ liberal opinion.

Regardless of who agrees with him, using this atrocity as a way to further his political machinations just one week after it happened, shows just how much of a sociopath he is.

If you think that is what he is doing of course. I and many others don't, this is an opinion held by hundreds of thousands of people who have decided to see things for what they are, it is not Brands brain child, he is just voicing the opinion which he obviously would have held anyway, not just to further any selfish goals.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 02:47 - Jul 5 with 1198 viewsBanosswan

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 02:09 - Jul 5 by Jacandme

If you think that is what he is doing of course. I and many others don't, this is an opinion held by hundreds of thousands of people who have decided to see things for what they are, it is not Brands brain child, he is just voicing the opinion which he obviously would have held anyway, not just to further any selfish goals.

Of course it it. He tried before the election to be the voice of the future. He failed in that and then decided to elevate himself to the reason labour lost the election (to a clear conservative majority).

The electorate voted, this is the result we have.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 06:00 - Jul 5 with 1186 viewsHumpty

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 11:28 - Jul 4 by Jacandme

Im afraid that is pure rubbish. Not one person has excused or justified IS or the atrocities they carry out. Please show me even one example of what you are claiming. I have re-read the thread several times and see nothing of the sort. I assume you are now acting like the other poster who has been asked to explain their knee jerk reactions after understanding 5% of the story.

Do you realise that we have killed or seriously injured 2.7 million of their people in recent times. So think the 30 on the Tunisian beach and times it by almost 90,000! To put it in persecutive further - that is pretty much the entire population of Wales. Murdered or seriously injured at the hands of UK, US and Western troops.

That isn't justification of their retaliation or deep seeded hate, that is simply explaining the reason behind it. There is no justification for killing innocent people, none. But what we can do is realise why it is happening and do our best to stop the cause. Which would be far more beneficial that being silent for a minute. Otherwise next month, we may well be having another, and another and another.

That unfortunately is the best I can do to explain it, if you still think that is justifying it or making a case why they deserved to die then I can do no more.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 11:34]

Very well put. Unfortunately it's wasted on the likes of Perch. And Darren.

These people are denser than lead. They're the type of people who cheered us into the utterly unjustified and illegal invasion of Iraq but then wonder where the f*ck ISIS came from. Too stupid to understand what their idiocy leads to.

And if you question them all you have is "Then you must love Islamic State then!"

Don't bother. They're not very bright.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 08:55 - Jul 5 with 1144 viewsperchrockjack

Oh please do waste your time. I don't mind.

Its not easy pointing out to humpty and his ilk just ow wrong they are.

Thick? You truly are a supine scrote unable to debate at all. See a poster name you don't like and you jump.

I ll be ringing my racist homophobic father tonight after Chapel to remind him too of his mistakes.

Brand is filth. He is self obsessed publicist and you ARE seeing justification for IS .

Now READ that last sentence ,take a step back, try to think and reflect.

CANT WAIT FOR NEW SEASON

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:16 - Jul 5 with 1116 viewsLeonisGod

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 08:55 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

Thick? You truly are a supine scrote unable to debate at all. See a poster name you don't like and you jump.

I ll be ringing my racist homophobic father tonight after Chapel to remind him too of his mistakes.

Brand is filth. He is self obsessed publicist and you ARE seeing justification for IS .

CANT WAIT FOR NEW SEASON

There's a world of difference between people wanting to understand the reasons for why things like this happen and being apologists for IS.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 10:39 - Jul 5 with 1103 viewssherpajacob

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 08:55 - Jul 5 by perchrockjack

CANT WAIT FOR NEW SEASON

It seems that most on this thread want all the violence and killing on all sides to stop and are in general terms agreed with Brand how best to acheive that.

A couple of people prefer to attack the man, but not his arguments, with obscenities and are quite happy to see more violence and killing.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 12:06 - Jul 5 with 1071 viewsNogginthenog

It doesn't need Russell Brand to see that successive governments of this country and others have made a pig's ear of foreign policy over many decades. They failed Iraq and left it in a parlous state. They failed in Afghanistan which is probably close to falling to the Taliban. They failed in Libya which has become a hotbed of IS.

Those are just 3 of the latest examples, there have been others since the second world war. The tribalism of these middle east countries make it virtually impossible for us to impose our western culture which seems the failed objective. Our own western culture is more corrupt in many ways than some of the countries we are trying to "educate"

They have their way of life and we have ours, lets try and understand that and live and let live.

Otherwise I fear we are bringing about more atrocities on our own streets.

And by the way I feel as strongly as everyone else that terrorists are utter scum and have no place in any society.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024