Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture 12:02 - Jul 3 with 9621 viewsperchrockjack

According to Russell brand...

Well HE is truly futile.

REALLY, a disgusting piece of unadulated human sewerage worthy only of contempt.

I really do wish him harm .Quote me on that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 12:11 - Jul 3 with 2061 viewsHighjack

The years of hard drugs has addled his brain.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 12:45 - Jul 3 with 2024 viewsperchrockjack

Im not a violent man but I truly wish I cold meet this guy. Hes a bit taller than me but I reckon Im as heavy and still pretty strong. I have my own teeth too .

We suffer from too many dickheads like this those who advocate legalising drugs believed to be harmless.

Proof the drugs don't work, they just make it worse -with apologies to Richard Ashcroft

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:11 - Jul 3 with 1997 viewsjackportis

Why people laugh at him I don't know. How has he made a living!

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:15 - Jul 3 with 1990 viewsJackSomething

While I'm no fan of Brand, wasn't there a thread here a few days ago with plenty of posters saying they didn't see the point of the minutes silence either?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:51 - Jul 3 with 1950 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:15 - Jul 3 by JackSomething

While I'm no fan of Brand, wasn't there a thread here a few days ago with plenty of posters saying they didn't see the point of the minutes silence either?

And have you taken the time to understand why he said that, or have you just seen a headline and come to the conclusion you were directed to?

He is saying that a minutes silence is futile because we are causing the animosity with our foreign policies and as a result, it will continue to happen. If we want to respect those people killed then instead of a minute silence, why not use their deaths to stop more deaths by changing our foreign policies. There would be no greater tribute.

Of the 28 countries on a dossier we made regarding potentially threatening countries or countries whom abuse human rights - we sell arms to 24 of them. We bomb and invade other countries continuously. By all means have a minute silence, but the problem doesn't go away, and before long we will be having a minute silence every other week as other people retaliate against our regime - not helped by the fact it is us (the UK) that actually sells the arms to them in the first place.

It seems fashionable to have a go at Brand for some reason. But I don't see much wrong with what he said at all, in fact it makes perfect sense. But people do love reacting to headlines intended to get that exact reaction which only tell 5% of the story.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:56 - Jul 3 with 1939 viewssherpajacob

Glad you believe in freedom of speech and that suppressing it through violence is not the way to behave in a civilised society.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 1928 viewsBatterseajack

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:15 - Jul 3 by JackSomething

Sadly one of my colleagues at work was one of the victims last week. He hasn't been officially named as one of the dead yet, but that didn't stop the major media outlets revealing a story about him and his wife in graphic detail on Tuesday when we had initially been told that he was ok. As you can imagine its been a pretty tough week for us all in the office as we all try and carry on with work. His name is Chris Dyer and are thoughts are currently with his wife and family.

Having said that, having watched Russell Brands video rather that reading about what another article thinks of it, i can see what he's getting at. He isn't calling upon it as a mark of disrespect to the victims, but making a point about the hypocrisy of our government, which to a degree he has a point.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 14:09]
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:23 - Jul 3 with 1891 viewsDarran

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:00 - Jul 3 by Batterseajack

Sadly one of my colleagues at work was one of the victims last week. He hasn't been officially named as one of the dead yet, but that didn't stop the major media outlets revealing a story about him and his wife in graphic detail on Tuesday when we had initially been told that he was ok. As you can imagine its been a pretty tough week for us all in the office as we all try and carry on with work. His name is Chris Dyer and are thoughts are currently with his wife and family.

Having said that, having watched Russell Brands video rather that reading about what another article thinks of it, i can see what he's getting at. He isn't calling upon it as a mark of disrespect to the victims, but making a point about the hypocrisy of our government, which to a degree he has a point.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 14:09]

That's awful mate truly dreadful.

As for Brand he's one of the biggest c*nts in Britain,regardless of if he's right or wrong now is not the time for him to be ranting,if he had any morals he'd have kept his mouth shut.
Let's be honest one minute he was telling everyone not to vote and the next he was pleading with everyone to vote for Miliband.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:31 - Jul 3 with 1879 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:23 - Jul 3 by Darran

That's awful mate truly dreadful.

As for Brand he's one of the biggest c*nts in Britain,regardless of if he's right or wrong now is not the time for him to be ranting,if he had any morals he'd have kept his mouth shut.
Let's be honest one minute he was telling everyone not to vote and the next he was pleading with everyone to vote for Miliband.

He said he doesn't vote simply due to the fact there is nothing worth voting for, he never said people shouldn't vote. That was another thing used to bash him with for having the audacity to stand up to a self imposed authority. He then said after a meeting with Milliband - Milliband would give a platform to listen to communities and it may be the first step towards a new regime, so a vote for them is not a wasted vote.

There is also nothing moralistic about speaking out regarding the reasoning behind the shootings and putting a great case forward how to stop it. Changing the foreign policy would respect those killed far more than a token minute silence ordered by the very same government that keep arming these loons and whacking their nest with a stick... And of course continue to do so regardless.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 14:32]
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:32 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsJackSomething

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:51 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

And have you taken the time to understand why he said that, or have you just seen a headline and come to the conclusion you were directed to?

He is saying that a minutes silence is futile because we are causing the animosity with our foreign policies and as a result, it will continue to happen. If we want to respect those people killed then instead of a minute silence, why not use their deaths to stop more deaths by changing our foreign policies. There would be no greater tribute.

Of the 28 countries on a dossier we made regarding potentially threatening countries or countries whom abuse human rights - we sell arms to 24 of them. We bomb and invade other countries continuously. By all means have a minute silence, but the problem doesn't go away, and before long we will be having a minute silence every other week as other people retaliate against our regime - not helped by the fact it is us (the UK) that actually sells the arms to them in the first place.

It seems fashionable to have a go at Brand for some reason. But I don't see much wrong with what he said at all, in fact it makes perfect sense. But people do love reacting to headlines intended to get that exact reaction which only tell 5% of the story.

I think you want to direct your response to the posters above me. I'm not making a point about Brand or the minute's silence. I'm wondering why Perch and the others seems so angry about Brand's views, when we had posters here throwing a tantrum because the government called for a minute's silence to remember those who died.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:35 - Jul 3 with 1860 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:32 - Jul 3 by JackSomething

I think you want to direct your response to the posters above me. I'm not making a point about Brand or the minute's silence. I'm wondering why Perch and the others seems so angry about Brand's views, when we had posters here throwing a tantrum because the government called for a minute's silence to remember those who died.

My mistake I intended to quote the original poster not you. Still new to this.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:35 - Jul 3 with 1858 viewsDarran

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:31 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

He said he doesn't vote simply due to the fact there is nothing worth voting for, he never said people shouldn't vote. That was another thing used to bash him with for having the audacity to stand up to a self imposed authority. He then said after a meeting with Milliband - Milliband would give a platform to listen to communities and it may be the first step towards a new regime, so a vote for them is not a wasted vote.

There is also nothing moralistic about speaking out regarding the reasoning behind the shootings and putting a great case forward how to stop it. Changing the foreign policy would respect those killed far more than a token minute silence ordered by the very same government that keep arming these loons and whacking their nest with a stick... And of course continue to do so regardless.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 14:32]

Yes he did he was urging people not to vote and changing the foreign policy wouldn't change anything,you're f*cking deluded.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 1845 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:35 - Jul 3 by Darran

Yes he did he was urging people not to vote and changing the foreign policy wouldn't change anything,you're f*cking deluded.

Can you show me where he said that then, I must have missed it. Which is odd considering I follow his online site quite often. He was simply asked by Paxman if he votes and he said no. When asked why, he explained that there was nothing worth voting for - if there was, then he would. He then got labelled as the poster boy for the dont vote campaign which he very much distanced himself from.

Changing the foreign policy would mean we would not be arming these countries and not stirring up the hornets nest by bombing and invading their lands. That isn't delusion - that is just common sense.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:41 - Jul 3 with 1843 viewsJackSomething

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:35 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

My mistake I intended to quote the original poster not you. Still new to this.

No worries. I agree with what you said in your post. The media knows that any story with Brand in it and an inflammatory headline will provoke the reaction they want in the majority of readers. Glad you took the time to listen to what Brand actually said.

I remember going to see Mark Thomas' show and reading his book about arms sales and the UK government. Truly eye-opening stuff.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 1834 viewsJackSomething

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:35 - Jul 3 by Darran

It may not change anything in the short-term but of course it would in the long term.

I imagine most Poles in the 1940's hated the Germans intensely, but I doubt many do these days. May have had something to do with the change in foreign policy from invading them, to you know, not invading them.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:48 - Jul 3 with 1820 viewsDarran

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:39 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

Can you show me where he said that then, I must have missed it. Which is odd considering I follow his online site quite often. He was simply asked by Paxman if he votes and he said no. When asked why, he explained that there was nothing worth voting for - if there was, then he would. He then got labelled as the poster boy for the dont vote campaign which he very much distanced himself from.

Changing the foreign policy would mean we would not be arming these countries and not stirring up the hornets nest by bombing and invading their lands. That isn't delusion - that is just common sense.

Russell Brand sparked the controversy last October when he told the BBC's Newsnight: "There is going to be a revolution.
"Don't bother voting. Stop voting stop pretending, wake up, be in reality now. Why vote? We know it's not going to make any difference."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29124718

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:50 - Jul 3 with 1812 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:41 - Jul 3 by JackSomething

No worries. I agree with what you said in your post. The media knows that any story with Brand in it and an inflammatory headline will provoke the reaction they want in the majority of readers. Glad you took the time to listen to what Brand actually said.

I remember going to see Mark Thomas' show and reading his book about arms sales and the UK government. Truly eye-opening stuff.

Yes, I never make a decision on someones stance without understanding it first. The amount of reactionary ramblings I've seen from people who simply read a provocative and inaccurate headline is astonishing.

If Brand went to a public school and looked like a librarian then people would fall over themselves to listen to him. As it is he is an easy target for the government controlled media and a target for the UK general public who for some reason get very uppity when someone puts their head above the parapet and act "above their station". We saw that with our very own Charlotte church who was criticised for marching against austerity for the the UK population.

What you said about Germany and Poland is spot on however. The tensions are high in the world at the moment and that is largely down to the fact that us and America act like the schoolyard bullies, unfortunately it is our innocent communities that are feeling the brunt of it.
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:55 - Jul 3 with 1797 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:48 - Jul 3 by Darran

Russell Brand sparked the controversy last October when he told the BBC's Newsnight: "There is going to be a revolution.
"Don't bother voting. Stop voting stop pretending, wake up, be in reality now. Why vote? We know it's not going to make any difference."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29124718

Yes, because there was nothing worth voting for. Not because voting was evil and should never be attempted. He explained it not only in the very interview you are partially quoting from but many interviews and press releases since. One in response to John Lydon who said a similar thing to you. without actually knowing what he originally said.....

However, he said that Lydon is weighing in on a "popular misconception" concerning his standing on voting.

"What I said was, 'There's nothing worth voting for.' That's why I don't vote," said Brand.

"If there was someone worth voting for, I'd vote for it and I'd encourage other people if they think that there is a political party that represents their views; if they think there are politicians that are speaking on their behalf, by all means vote for them."
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 15:03 - Jul 3 with 1783 viewsDarran

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 14:55 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

Yes, because there was nothing worth voting for. Not because voting was evil and should never be attempted. He explained it not only in the very interview you are partially quoting from but many interviews and press releases since. One in response to John Lydon who said a similar thing to you. without actually knowing what he originally said.....

However, he said that Lydon is weighing in on a "popular misconception" concerning his standing on voting.

"What I said was, 'There's nothing worth voting for.' That's why I don't vote," said Brand.

"If there was someone worth voting for, I'd vote for it and I'd encourage other people if they think that there is a political party that represents their views; if they think there are politicians that are speaking on their behalf, by all means vote for them."

So to sum up he didn't say it and he didn't change his mind.
I knew there was something not right when you admitted to following his site.

He's a c*nt.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 15:07 - Jul 3 with 1775 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 15:03 - Jul 3 by Darran

So to sum up he didn't say it and he didn't change his mind.
I knew there was something not right when you admitted to following his site.

He's a c*nt.

I think I summed it up pretty well initially.

He said he doesn't vote because it seems pointless and there is nothing worth voting for. If there was, then he would. I then showed you an interview when asked about his stance many months before the alleged "mind change" stating that very thing.

Then he met with Milliband, and suggested that for the first time he will vote as he believed milliband will include local communities in decision making rather than making decisions on behalf or to serve global corporations. He said it isnt perfect but may be a good base to change the system of community led politics.

As for admitting to following his site, there is nothing to admit. Or is it not cool or credible because he didnt go to public school you mean? I also follow many political figures by the way, not just Brand. That way i dont get my knickers in a twist when the sun run a headline that doesnt represent what was said.

Far from a c*nt.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 15:10]
Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 15:14 - Jul 3 with 1751 viewsSenhin

A minutes silence will stop far more people getting shot over there than us not selling guns to them ever would.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:31 - Jul 3 with 1682 viewsperchrockjack

The silence was a mark of respect to the dead,OUR dead.Brand ,as usual, uses this to feed his own grotesque ego in the public domain.
Its nowt to do with anything else.

IS has no excuse, no reason, no justifications and it is NOT America s fault nor ours.

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:35 - Jul 3 with 1673 viewsLord_Bony

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 13:51 - Jul 3 by Jacandme

Tragic though it is we also need to be looking at our own foreign policies.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:40 - Jul 3 with 1659 viewsperchrockjack

Wrong.

We should be looking at stopping people from this behaviour.

It aint our fault. NOTHING ,NO BOMBING ,NO FOREIGN POLICY is any reason for their behaviour.

THE FACT some blame ourtselves show how conned and naïve we are.

We ve played into their hands. They see conciliation as a weakness and we have to be ruthless. THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT STOP .

Its down to us. Its aint our fault

GOT IT?

iM BACK TO THE bbq

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:43 - Jul 3 with 1656 viewsJacandme

Tunisian minutes of silence a futile gesture on 16:31 - Jul 3 by perchrockjack

The silence was a mark of respect to the dead,OUR dead.Brand ,as usual, uses this to feed his own grotesque ego in the public domain.
Its nowt to do with anything else.

IS has no excuse, no reason, no justifications and it is NOT America s fault nor ours.

He is not excusing IS. He is explaining why that part of the world hate the west. Until we stop meddling and selling them arms to boot then we are going to have issues like this. It is creating a situation and then holding a minute silence for the obvious result while changing nothing.

I can only describe it as me provoking your neighbouring community by attacking them daily and stealing their natural resources - all in the name of perchrockjack of course. All the while, I am selling all those same people knives and guns... and then suggesting we have a minute silence for you after they have had their inevitable revenge - however im still going to sell them weapons and attack them in your name.

Id imagine anybody associated with you would also be pretty angry at my behaviour and would also see the fact im calling for a minute silence as a pretty empty gesture considering I was the one continues to make situations like this distinctly probable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024