Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ash 13:03 - Jul 3 with 2649 viewscaerleon_jack

I'm getting a bit concerned as to why we keep getting reports of interest in Ash from teams that, no offence to them, would be a massive step backwards for him. I appreciate that other teams and managers will always look at players and 'admire' them - but reports that Crystal Palace and Leicester have bid, or at least considered making a bid, is bizarre. I'm sure that Garry admires John Terry (as a footballer), but we wouldn't make a bid for him because (even if we could offer him a better wage) he is captain, a senior player with a lot of influence, and a fan favourite.

I would understand if this was 12 months ago - concerns over Ash's contract led to some speculation that he might be off elsewhere, despite his excellent relationship with Monk and with the club. But he signed a new contract and was at his imperious best for most of the season. Last year he was being hawked around by his agent after a cut of a fat new contract, but Ash isn't in that situation this season. Everything seems to be fine between him and Monk, and he hasn't spoken of wanting to move on to 'bigger things', so where is this coming from?

I can only assume that it is down to his agent again, because I don't see that Palace or Leicester would waste their time unless there had been a suggestion to them that a bid would be welcomed - but there's been no talk of us looking to offer a new contract or that he's after one. I know the press like to make things up, but he's one of the few players that I would imagine the club see as un-sellable (unless, of course, silly money is offered).

I know there's no answer to this, and I'm not concerned to the point that I think Ash will go anywhere else this summer, but I just find it very strange that this is going on.

Insert something witty here

Ash on 18:04 - Jul 3 with 2475 viewsJethroJack

Chill...most of the stuff in the media is bollox
Ash on 23:14 - Jul 3 with 2104 viewsunion_jack

Ash on 18:04 - Jul 3 by JethroJack

Chill...most of the stuff in the media is bollox

Easy to say that but this seems different. I can only agree with others that he is being touted. The question is...why?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 23:15]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ash on 23:28 - Jul 3 with 2071 viewsGlyn1

I'm genuinely curious about this. In what way are Palace and Leicester smaller clubs than us? If you went to their forums, how would you defend that assertion?

Equal, yes.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ash on 01:45 - Jul 4 with 1992 viewsScoobyWho

Ash on 23:28 - Jul 3 by Glyn1

I'm genuinely curious about this. In what way are Palace and Leicester smaller clubs than us? If you went to their forums, how would you defend that assertion?

Equal, yes.

A team that has won a major trophy in the last few aseaon and played in Europe with Premier League finishes way above the club's you mention - is a bigger club.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ash on 02:53 - Jul 4 with 1971 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Ash on 01:45 - Jul 4 by ScoobyWho

A team that has won a major trophy in the last few aseaon and played in Europe with Premier League finishes way above the club's you mention - is a bigger club.

I'd argue that just means it's a better club, which is much more important to me anyway.

But as long as the Liberty holds less than 25K, it's a major kink in the argument IMO.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ash on 07:09 - Jul 4 with 1898 viewssomersetsimon

Ash on 02:53 - Jul 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'd argue that just means it's a better club, which is much more important to me anyway.

But as long as the Liberty holds less than 25K, it's a major kink in the argument IMO.

From a player's perspective, I doubt that ground capacity is a big factor.
Ash on 08:36 - Jul 4 with 1803 viewscaerleon_jack

Ash on 23:28 - Jul 3 by Glyn1

Equal, yes.

Didn't say they were smaller clubs, I said they would be a step backwards. Both teams who you would have to say are more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap next season than we are. We are looking to establish ourselves as a top 8 team, they are looking to survive.

Ash on 08:51 - Jul 4 with 1777 viewsraynor94

Ash on 08:36 - Jul 4 by caerleon_jack

Didn't say they were smaller clubs, I said they would be a step backwards. Both teams who you would have to say are more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap next season than we are. We are looking to establish ourselves as a top 8 team, they are looking to survive.

Leicester and Palace looking to survive? rather condescending, a trait that seems to be growing amongst our fan base

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Ash on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 1719 viewswhiterock

Ash on 08:51 - Jul 4 by raynor94

Leicester and Palace looking to survive? rather condescending, a trait that seems to be growing amongst our fan base

Many teams are bigger than us but for the time being, we've left them in our wake. I remember going to Sheffield United and thinking they were massive, they were premier league we was league one, we turned them over but we're still a bigger club.
We've left teams like forest, Derby, boro, Coventry and Wolves in the shadows, however,we need 20 years of sustained success and success for me is staying in the PL with an excursion in the cup every so often.
Ash on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 1690 viewsDewi1jack

Not sure about Pardew as a manager. Seems to take good players and make a hash of dealing with them.
Depends on who Leicester get as their new sack(ing) candidate.
But, at this moment in time (until we hit the magic 40 pts), we're in the list of survival candidates as well.
Doesn't mean to say that I think we're going to be battling relegation this season, but it's condescending to others and bigging ourselves up for a fall, if anyone thinks we're safe from relegation forever.
We're not in the top group of 6 or 7 teams yet and won't be safe until we challenge for 1st to 8th every season.
Let's hit the 40 by Feb and have a good Wemberleeee day out at the end of the season as an improvement on last season

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ash on 09:45 - Jul 4 with 1665 viewscaerleon_jack

How? Palace did well for a period under Pardew last season, but they are yet to keep one manager for a whole season in the PL and Pardew has always been incredibly inconsistent as a manager. Leicester survived due to an incredible run in their last 8 games, are currently manageress. I don't think either has strengthened their side since last season. So how am I being condescending? We've survived 4 seasons, have never truly looked like relegation candidates and look to have the strongest squad we've ever had. I'm not taking survival for granted, but our aim is to achieve a top 8 position again. Leicester and Palace would be a step backwards. That's not being condescending, it's being honest.

Ash on 09:49 - Jul 4 with 1651 viewsGlyn1

Ash on 01:45 - Jul 4 by ScoobyWho

Palace finished above us a couple of seasons ago, so that isn't clear cut.

OK, if people believe we are bigger than those 2 clubs, which club or clubs should we consider to be on our level or near to it anyway? Ignoring things like style of play, or manager or players, because those things can change quite quickly - which club or clubs should be considered about equal to us?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ash on 09:58 - Jul 4 with 1627 viewscaerleon_jack

Ash on 09:49 - Jul 4 by Glyn1

Palace finished above us a couple of seasons ago, so that isn't clear cut.

OK, if people believe we are bigger than those 2 clubs, which club or clubs should we consider to be on our level or near to it anyway? Ignoring things like style of play, or manager or players, because those things can change quite quickly - which club or clubs should be considered about equal to us?

Stoke and Southampton. Teams that shouldn't be in danger of relegation, should finish top 10, might trouble top 6.

Ash on 17:15 - Jul 8 with 1272 viewsJethroJack

Ash on 23:14 - Jul 3 by union_jack

Easy to say that but this seems different. I can only agree with others that he is being touted. The question is...why?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 23:15]

I'm still inclined to file this "story" under bollox.
Ash on 17:56 - Jul 8 with 1199 viewsHighjack

He gets linked away every transfer window to random clubs in the press. so does Neil Taylor, common denominator is that sh it stirring agent moralee.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ash on 18:29 - Jul 8 with 1158 viewscaerleon_jack

Ash on 17:56 - Jul 8 by Highjack

He gets linked away every transfer window to random clubs in the press. so does Neil Taylor, common denominator is that sh it stirring agent moralee.

I can understand him touting Taylor, because he's not a guaranteed first choice - but Ash is, and thanks to the contract he signed last year we don't need to sell him or look to give him an improved deal, and *surely* his agent realises this. I just find the whole situation a little strange.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024