Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Radiohead album 03:00 - Jul 4 with 1396 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Saw this interesting discussion on a Texas discussion board, and I'm curious what most people think over in their own part of the world.

I'm surprised how many people over here lean towards the new stuff, from Kid A to In Rainbows and even KOL mentioned a couple times.

Personally I don't dislike the electronic stuff, but I miss Jonny Greenwood focusing on guitar. So The Bends is mine.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 4:23]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best Radiohead album on 05:21 - Jul 4 with 1376 viewsHumpty

Computer=The Bends.

Both brilliant. The best music played by any British band in that era.

Pablo Honey. OK. Pretty good actually.

Everything after. Complete bobbins.

My personal view obviously.
Best Radiohead album on 08:35 - Jul 4 with 1330 viewsjojaca

I prefer the albums from Kid A on and go back to playing them regular, its probably because of clubbing days that I prefer electronic music. When I play the bends the other day it felt outdated. I also highly rate Thom Yorke's solo album Eraser.

Even when you know, you never know?

Best Radiohead album on 09:14 - Jul 4 with 1304 viewsQuakerJack

Best Radiohead album on 05:21 - Jul 4 by Humpty

Computer=The Bends.

Both brilliant. The best music played by any British band in that era.

Pablo Honey. OK. Pretty good actually.

Everything after. Complete bobbins.

My personal view obviously.

Pretty much every word of this except I matginally favour the bends over ok computer... But best band of that era by a mile...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Best Radiohead album on 09:33 - Jul 4 with 1285 viewsjackonicko

Pablo Honey for me.

Coincidentally I dug it out for another listen last weekend. Every single track is epic.
Best Radiohead album on 12:41 - Jul 4 with 1235 viewsJackSwanTV

Best Radiohead album on 09:33 - Jul 4 by jackonicko

Pablo Honey for me.

Coincidentally I dug it out for another listen last weekend. Every single track is epic.

Took me ages to appreciate Kid A but its a magic album if you can get into it. Bends is top draw though, as is OK Computer and Pablo Honey. I'd probably go Bends and then Kid A though. I'd recommend sticking Kid A on loop for a few hours, you will get there in the end and its worth it!! I'm going to put it in now :)

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Best Radiohead album on 13:13 - Jul 4 with 1216 viewsBanosswan

The bends.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Best Radiohead album on 17:23 - Jul 4 with 1154 viewsyescomeon

The bends is my favorite but kid a and ok computer are up there with it, pretty much as above really.

Upthecity!

Best Radiohead album on 19:29 - Jul 4 with 1127 viewsphact0rri

I'm pretty big on electro stuff in general, and it probably makes up about 70% of all my music habits. But Radiohead was a much better band IMHO before they went to the synth. I honestly don't think radiohead has done better than pablo.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Best Radiohead album on 19:47 - Jul 4 with 1113 viewsmarchamjack

Ok Computer left me gobsmacked when I first heard it. Mindblowing album. Nothing better than that.

I see Thom York around Oxford from time to time and had a good chat with him a few years ago with a mutual friend. Came over a complete dick. Anyway, still think Computer was a seminal album at the time.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Best Radiohead album on 23:36 - Jul 4 with 1078 viewsinspector

i probably prefer the earlier stuff, but I've got a soft spot for Hail to the Thief.
Saying that, songs like Everything in its right place/the National Anthem are some of the best stuff that they've done, imo of course.
Best Radiohead album on 01:11 - Jul 5 with 1051 viewsDull1Thomas

OK it has to be Computer.
Karma Police is phenomenal
Although Creep is probably a favourite track (I know it's not on the album)

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Best Radiohead album on 15:48 - Jul 6 with 969 viewsZut_Alors

Kid A.

Ok Computer and The Bends are magic, too, but Everything in its right place, How To Disappear Completely and Morning Bell are just that bit better than the rest:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024