Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon In Red Bulls Link 13:49 - Jul 4 with 6495 viewsPhil_S

Rumours are surfacing the other side of the Atlantic that Leon Britton has become a target for New York Red Bulls with his Swansea future still remaining uncertain after being told he is down the pecking order at the Liberty Stadium.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39161
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 3373 viewsPrivate_Partz

Don't do it Leon. Plenty of time for that in a few years time. You are needed here.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 13:59 - Jul 4 with 3348 viewsSwan91

If like the article suggests we can get that young defender as part of a deal for him then that would be a good deal. I don't want leon to leave but I understand about the whole game time thing. Have 2 seasons in US with possibly a higher wage and then return for a coaching role 😉
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 14:08 - Jul 4 with 3312 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 13:59 - Jul 4 by Swan91

If like the article suggests we can get that young defender as part of a deal for him then that would be a good deal. I don't want leon to leave but I understand about the whole game time thing. Have 2 seasons in US with possibly a higher wage and then return for a coaching role 😉

I see where you are coming from but I would sooner buy the young defender outright. If Leon goes we are going to have to bring in a replacement. All he needs is for Corky to get injured or lose form and he is back in. I suspect Corky would have to fight for his place then.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 15:00 - Jul 4 with 3196 viewsNeath_Jack

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 14:08 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

I see where you are coming from but I would sooner buy the young defender outright. If Leon goes we are going to have to bring in a replacement. All he needs is for Corky to get injured or lose form and he is back in. I suspect Corky would have to fight for his place then.

I wouldn't be so sure on that. I can only see one out of Ki/JJS starting every game which means one of them would step in should Cork get injured, not forgetting we've got Fulton as well, plus King and Grimes (more attacking i know). We have plenty of midfielders.

Not that i'm saying he should leave of course, but if i was him, i probably would given the scenario he's got if he stays.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 15:02 - Jul 4 with 3191 viewssully49

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 13:52 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

Don't do it Leon. Plenty of time for that in a few years time. You are needed here.

It will be fantastic for LB and the team in general. I assume that he wouldn't relish being a bit part player for us. He will probably get more playing time over there anyway.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 15:05 - Jul 4 with 3177 viewsSwan91

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 14:08 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

But why can't we do both. Get that defender for £1.5million+ britton and then go in for a player like luca-cigarini as competition for cork.

I wouldn't be surprised if we also feature fulton more this season as cover aswell. Monk rates him highly and this could be the season where he steps up as good cover.

Another thing to think aswell is that if cork gets suspended or a short term injury then we can also try ki and Shelvey to both start. It could work.
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:11 - Jul 4 with 3035 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 15:00 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

I wouldn't be so sure on that. I can only see one out of Ki/JJS starting every game which means one of them would step in should Cork get injured, not forgetting we've got Fulton as well, plus King and Grimes (more attacking i know). We have plenty of midfielders.

Not that i'm saying he should leave of course, but if i was him, i probably would given the scenario he's got if he stays.

Again fair comment but i find Leon's holding game very similar to corky and feel this, apart from his injury and an alleged personal issue has kept him out of the team. We need this particular type of player when the going gets tough to hold the game up and not give the opposition time on the ball. If his age has not affected his game then I feel he must be in contention.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:18 - Jul 4 with 3017 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think Fulton, King And Grimes will get their chances but I don't seem them as better options than Leon at the moment. I suspect they will get more opportunity in cup games. Assuming age has not caught up with him last season of course.
I am only basing this on last season and the three youngsters could easily come on leaps and bounds and be first team regulars.
In such circumstances he will be regretting turning down the Red Bulls. I suppose it is how far down the pecking order that Gary thinks he is. I doubt it is that far as he is a proven Premier League performer and was being tipped for England not so long ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:28 - Jul 4 with 2995 viewsPrivate_Partz

Maybe it is just me but I would feel uncomfortable going for a long stretch without Corky or Leon in the side. They are 'boilerhouse' player keeping the movement ticking over and always available for a pass. Ki and Jon Jo are great at going forward but the latter is not the greatest at closing down and Ki can go missing some times.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:40 - Jul 4 with 2964 viewsoldcob

Hes still needed here. An injury to Cork or even loss of form and Leon steps in.
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:59 - Jul 4 with 2930 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do it Leon

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:04 - Jul 4 with 2909 viewsnyc_swans

this would get me to a red bulls game or two.
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:28 - Jul 4 with 2833 viewsNeath_Jack

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:18 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

I think Fulton, King And Grimes will get their chances but I don't seem them as better options than Leon at the moment. I suspect they will get more opportunity in cup games. Assuming age has not caught up with him last season of course.
I am only basing this on last season and the three youngsters could easily come on leaps and bounds and be first team regulars.
In such circumstances he will be regretting turning down the Red Bulls. I suppose it is how far down the pecking order that Gary thinks he is. I doubt it is that far as he is a proven Premier League performer and was being tipped for England not so long ago.

Well considering Monk has already told him that he is going to be even further down the pecking order than he was last year, i'd say that's a fair indication that we'd hardly see him, barring an exceptionally bad injury list or complete lack of form by all the others mentioned.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:28 - Jul 4 with 2830 viewsOldjack

Excellent backup for us is Leon the mighty atom ,he never lets us down
stay with the Jacks sarn

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:29 - Jul 4 with 2827 viewsNeath_Jack

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:40 - Jul 4 by oldcob

Hes still needed here. An injury to Cork or even loss of form and Leon steps in.

If Cork gets injured, other players are going to play before Leon.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:31 - Jul 4 with 2818 viewsScoobyWho

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:40 - Jul 4 by oldcob

More like Ki drops back, JJS steps up ... Or Grimes comes in. Then there is Gylfi in the mix and Routledge.
I see your worry, but we have many midfield permutations that tell me Leon should take this opportunity.
Players move on we all stay here.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 18:38 - Jul 4 with 2677 viewsstAteSwan

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 15:05 - Jul 4 by Swan91

But why can't we do both. Get that defender for £1.5million+ britton and then go in for a player like luca-cigarini as competition for cork.

I wouldn't be surprised if we also feature fulton more this season as cover aswell. Monk rates him highly and this could be the season where he steps up as good cover.

Another thing to think aswell is that if cork gets suspended or a short term injury then we can also try ki and Shelvey to both start. It could work.

I'm not entirely sure we can get both because I am not convinced NYRB will sell Miazga without someone moving the other way.
Leon In Red Bulls Link on 18:38 - Jul 4 with 2676 viewsPrivate_Partz

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 17:28 - Jul 4 by Neath_Jack

Well considering Monk has already told him that he is going to be even further down the pecking order than he was last year, i'd say that's a fair indication that we'd hardly see him, barring an exceptionally bad injury list or complete lack of form by all the others mentioned.

I must have missed him saying that. If that is the case, and not just newspaper speculation, then he would be foolish not to leave if he wants to play regular football. I still don't think it is time for America though. I suspect someone like Bournemouth would be interested even though I am never happy about selling good players to other Premier League sides.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 18:49 - Jul 4 with 2654 viewsNeath_Jack

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 18:38 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

I must have missed him saying that. If that is the case, and not just newspaper speculation, then he would be foolish not to leave if he wants to play regular football. I still don't think it is time for America though. I suspect someone like Bournemouth would be interested even though I am never happy about selling good players to other Premier League sides.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Leon-Britton-mdash-leave-Swans

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 18:55 - Jul 4 with 2640 viewsmonmouth

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 16:28 - Jul 4 by Private_Partz

Maybe it is just me but I would feel uncomfortable going for a long stretch without Corky or Leon in the side. They are 'boilerhouse' player keeping the movement ticking over and always available for a pass. Ki and Jon Jo are great at going forward but the latter is not the greatest at closing down and Ki can go missing some times.

Aye...but weren't our first three games won last season with Shelvey/Ki/Gylfi. Leon didn't get a game last season except for a sentimental captaincy second string last game because that's exactly the way Monk sees it. We'd need about three or four contemporaneous injuries before he'd get a game. Without an injury problem he's not even on the bench. Not saying I agree, just saying that's how I reckon it is.

He was saying goodbye at Palace and, given the way things are, if he wants to play, and he should, it's the right thing for him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 19:12 - Jul 4 with 2581 viewsJackfath

Go Leon.

Don't listen to the selfish people on here who are only interested in you sitting on the bench just in case someone gets injured.

The opportunity for you and your young family is too good to miss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 19:21 - Jul 4 with 2551 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tbf, maybe that long term injury hes come back from is doing him no favours. He aint getting younger either. Perhaps he feels he only has a season or two left in him now and wants to experience something different before his llittle legs wear out.

Wouldnt blame him at all at wanting to go live in New York and coin in it over there for a couple of seasons. Would hate to see him at another club over here tho.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 19:35 - Jul 4 with 2523 viewsDr_Winston

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 19:21 - Jul 4 by PozuelosSideys

Tbf, maybe that long term injury hes come back from is doing him no favours. He aint getting younger either. Perhaps he feels he only has a season or two left in him now and wants to experience something different before his llittle legs wear out.

Wouldnt blame him at all at wanting to go live in New York and coin in it over there for a couple of seasons. Would hate to see him at another club over here tho.

If we keep Leon to cover Cork then the young uns will never get the game time they need to prove their worth. We can't hold onto him forever.

If he fancies a last hurrah in the States then let him go for free with our gratitude.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 19:43 - Jul 4 with 2503 viewsmagicdaps10

If he goes then he will go with my blessing and with a big thank you.

We will replace him if he does go. He is not going to play much this year if he stays and it might be better getting a player in who can push Cork more rather than act as a back up.

Couple of years left in you yet Leon so go and earn some money in the US and enjoy your football without any real pressure, no one will hold it against you here at Swansea.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leon In Red Bulls Link on 00:23 - Jul 5 with 2138 viewsDull1Thomas

Reading comments made by Leon about his talks with Monk and he realises he's not in the plans for next season.
Bulls would be a good move as he's unlikely to get into another decent PL team - not many play to his strengths.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024