Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Greece! 20:40 - Jul 5 with 8836 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33403665

Bail out offer my ass, lets not forget many countries including Greece wrote of the German debt after WW2
Well done Greece! on 22:11 - Jul 5 with 1412 viewsLohengrin

Well done Greece! on 22:08 - Jul 5 by blueytheblue

That would be one, sure.

Would be one hell of a cost for Russia though. Given Greeks actually paying taxes isn't going to happen in several generations, Russia would have to subsidise them to one hell of an extent.

Who's to say what the future holds? This is all just a game of what if? I do have the feeling though that the shadow of Russia will loom large in any eventual outcome.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Well done Greece! on 22:11 - Jul 5 with 1411 viewsLord_Bony

I would imagine the Russians would be offering some kind of bribery,not subsidy...they re not that stupid.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Well done Greece! on 22:12 - Jul 5 with 1409 viewsLohengrin

Well done Greece! on 22:11 - Jul 5 by Lord_Bony

I would imagine the Russians would be offering some kind of bribery,not subsidy...they re not that stupid.

Putin's far from that. He's been running rings around The EU and US for the last decade.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Well done Greece! on 22:14 - Jul 5 with 1402 viewsblueytheblue

Putin is crazy but not bats*it crazy.

When Putin eventually goes the question will be who replaces him.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Well done Greece! on 22:19 - Jul 5 with 1393 viewsLord_Bony

Well done Greece! on 22:12 - Jul 5 by Lohengrin

Putin's far from that. He's been running rings around The EU and US for the last decade.

Let us all not be naive here...the newly elected government of Greect the Syriza party is a radical left wing party with strong Marxist tendencies.

Given the legacy of communist/Marxist/Leninist governments of their past,they would fit right in with Russia and Putin.

He would have a field day expanding his military options there.

Could be bad for NATO at some point in the future if it comes about.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Well done Greece! on 22:28 - Jul 5 with 1358 viewsLord_Bony

Not a lot we can do about it now.

Well done Greece! on 22:54 - Jul 5 with 1309 viewsjackonicko

Russia doesn't have the money.

A deal between Greece and it's creditors was always going to be an epic game of brinkmanship. Who will blink first? However I never thought the brinkmanship would go as far as this. Tomorrow will be fun on the markets.

It really still can go either way, but Grexit looks more likely than not.

Paradoxically, It's probably better news for the UK if Greece does exit as it strengthens our position for next years referendum. To lose one country is careless....
Well done Greece! on 00:56 - Jul 6 with 1223 viewsEbo

I would like to remind everyone who refers to Greek loans that a loan provided in order to repay previous loans, makes the debt greater and consequently is an ILLEGITIMATE loan, good faith requires lenders to make an assessment of the borrower’s ability to repay, a loan that doesn't benefit or is used to repress the population of a State leads to an ODIOUS debt, sovereign States do not go bankrupt as companies do and last but not least:
GERMANY PAY YOUR WAR WORLD II DEBTS!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Greece! on 01:13 - Jul 6 with 1212 viewsBanosswan

Well done Greece! on 00:56 - Jul 6 by Ebo

I would like to remind everyone who refers to Greek loans that a loan provided in order to repay previous loans, makes the debt greater and consequently is an ILLEGITIMATE loan, good faith requires lenders to make an assessment of the borrower’s ability to repay, a loan that doesn't benefit or is used to repress the population of a State leads to an ODIOUS debt, sovereign States do not go bankrupt as companies do and last but not least:
GERMANY PAY YOUR WAR WORLD II DEBTS!

Lol

Ffs

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Well done Greece! on 01:15 - Jul 6 with 1212 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well done Greece! on 20:59 - Jul 5 by blueytheblue

For the Greeks, financially they will be international pariahs for years, maybe even decades to come. No institution will dare risk lending a penny to them. Bringing back the drachma isn't a miracle cure.

For the Eurozone, hopefully a prolonged but managed demise. Convergence between such disparate economies was always a dumb experiment.

For the EU, hopefully less of the union and more of the trading block it should have been.

Stop talking pragmatism and sense ffs. There are many in the WAG whose ear you should have oocasionally. Just not about football.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Well done Greece! on 03:34 - Jul 6 with 1185 viewsGlyn1

15 years ago.

People who wanted to keep us out of the Euro. Gordon Brown (then Chancellor) and Ed Balls (his senior adviser).

People who wanted us to join the Euro. Most of big business as represented by the CBI and the Institute of Directors. The banks and the rest of the financial sector in the City of London. Their cheerleaders at The Financial Times and The Times. Tony Blair, who would have been happy to go along with it until Gordon Brown effectively vetoed it happening.

So cheers, Gordon and Ed, you may have made some mistakes but you got this decision completely right.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Well done Greece! on 03:59 - Jul 6 with 1179 viewsGlyn1

One of two things happen.

Option One: Greece leaves the Euro and refuses or is unable to pay back the debt. Result: the debt isn't paid back.

Option Two: Greece stays in the Euro, because by their rules once you're in you can't leave it and there's no mechanism to throw someone out of it against their will. The other governments agree to write off the debt. Result: the debt isn't paid back.

Luckily for the banks, they've had 5 years to transfer their debts to the European governments, so this won't affect them. For taxpayers, taxes might rise a very small amount, but Greece is a tiny economy of 11 million people, i.e. only 1/6 of the size of the UK, and the EU has 300 million people, so this should be handle-able if the European politicians have a minimum level of competence. Oops.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 4:02]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Well done Greece! on 08:45 - Jul 6 with 1119 viewsLord_Bony

Well done Greece! on 03:59 - Jul 6 by Glyn1

One of two things happen.

Option One: Greece leaves the Euro and refuses or is unable to pay back the debt. Result: the debt isn't paid back.

Option Two: Greece stays in the Euro, because by their rules once you're in you can't leave it and there's no mechanism to throw someone out of it against their will. The other governments agree to write off the debt. Result: the debt isn't paid back.

Luckily for the banks, they've had 5 years to transfer their debts to the European governments, so this won't affect them. For taxpayers, taxes might rise a very small amount, but Greece is a tiny economy of 11 million people, i.e. only 1/6 of the size of the UK, and the EU has 300 million people, so this should be handle-able if the European politicians have a minimum level of competence. Oops.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 4:02]

The problem is what if Greece exits then thrives afterwards......

If that happened other counties will follow suit....a difficult one.

Well done Greece! on 09:00 - Jul 6 with 1104 viewsperchrockjack

Well done?

Sorry, I'm out of this one now

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Well done Greece! on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 1084 viewsraynor94

Well done Greece! on 09:00 - Jul 6 by perchrockjack

Well done?

Sorry, I'm out of this one now

It's Swanzay Perch, don't expect anything different, this is a country who would win Olympic gold in tax evasion, and thought it ok for everyone to retire at 50 at the expense of the rest of the Europe,

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Well done Greece! on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1067 viewsperchrockjack

I like Greece and Greeks but when youre in a small village in the hills of Crete and you see ten old guys playing backgammon every day utterly oblivious to all and everything with time standing still, it gives one a clue at just what their mentality is.

Germans have grafted with little industrial chaos and much social order since the WW2 to build a fine, vibrant and sorted country. They learned their lesson as did JAPAN.

No historical crap excuses please;people seem to be wanting to make excuses of late for crass behaviour and take no responsibility.

Lady PERCH says feckem, but she caught that phrase from Pross and I have to give her a seeing to now so I ll be back later to advise the diockheads on here.

No offence ?

Well done Greece! on 10:14 - Jul 6 with 1044 viewstrampie

Well done Greece! on 09:37 - Jul 6 by raynor94

It's Swanzay Perch, don't expect anything different, this is a country who would win Olympic gold in tax evasion, and thought it ok for everyone to retire at 50 at the expense of the rest of the Europe,

People in this country vote for low tax parties, they are particularly partial to it in England.
Tax is a dirty word in England and to a degree the rest of the UK.

I think things are slowly changing in this country as regards retirement age but at one time fairly recently I heard that the police were retiring at 48, local government workers had that 85 thing [age + service] meaning you could retire at about 52 if you started at about 18/19, I know lots of factory/heavy industry workers that retired in their early to mid 50's .
All on good pensions, so I wouldn't point the finger at ordinary Greek folk as our lot have been/would be the same over here.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Well done Greece! on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 1035 viewstrampie

The Germans need to wind their necks in, they need to remember how well the world treated them after the 2WW.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Well done Greece! on 10:24 - Jul 6 with 1028 viewsraynor94

Well done Greece! on 10:14 - Jul 6 by trampie

People in this country vote for low tax parties, they are particularly partial to it in England.
Tax is a dirty word in England and to a degree the rest of the UK.

I think things are slowly changing in this country as regards retirement age but at one time fairly recently I heard that the police were retiring at 48, local government workers had that 85 thing [age + service] meaning you could retire at about 52 if you started at about 18/19, I know lots of factory/heavy industry workers that retired in their early to mid 50's .
All on good pensions, so I wouldn't point the finger at ordinary Greek folk as our lot have been/would be the same over here.

A heavy industry worker had worked for over 40 years to retire in their late fifties, and had paid their pension so we're perfectly entitled to it, do you work in heavy industry Tramps?

Well done Greece! on 10:32 - Jul 6 with 1001 viewsperchrockjack

my points a vis history is relevant here.

Just WTF has it to do with GREECE CLEARLY NOT GIVING A FECK ABOUT PAYING BACK BILLIONS LENT TO IT, to bail her out, BANKS INCLUDED.

Not about Germany but smaller countries like Lithuania, Latvia, far poorer but they ll be expected to contribute extra taxes to GREECE who still want to carry on as they have.

BEGGARS cant be choosers and they are BEGGARS.

You have to pay your way in life. Its not hard.

It IS hard to read this site and see the unrelenting leftie drivel blaming all and sundry for everything .

BTW, TRots, if Germany was to go into recession and spend as GREECE has done, we d truly be fooked.

Youth clearly wasted on the young

Well done Greece! on 10:39 - Jul 6 with 997 viewscontroversial_jack

Well done Greece! on 21:56 - Jul 5 by Lord_Bony

Putins got that one covered too...Cyprus are now big chums with Russia.

Got to hand it to him he is a master chess player....

He's the master, you are correct
Well done Greece! on 10:46 - Jul 6 with 984 viewstrampie

Well done Greece! on 10:24 - Jul 6 by raynor94

A heavy industry worker had worked for over 40 years to retire in their late fifties, and had paid their pension so we're perfectly entitled to it, do you work in heavy industry Tramps?

Oh we are entitled to but the Greeks are not is it [say a Greek shipyard worker], I saw a Greek gentlemen [ordinary bloke interviewed in the street] on tv last night mentioning his pension had been halved, some better think on hearing stories like that, could it happen here ?, if workers in work here are getting squeezed and they are having to work longer and for much less pension then will they at some point turn round and say hey 'what about those retired on a good screw ? drawing a good pension, lets share the pain'.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 10:50]

Well done Greece! on 11:00 - Jul 6 with 959 viewsraynor94

Well done Greece! on 10:46 - Jul 6 by trampie

Oh we are entitled to but the Greeks are not is it [say a Greek shipyard worker], I saw a Greek gentlemen [ordinary bloke interviewed in the street] on tv last night mentioning his pension had been halved, some better think on hearing stories like that, could it happen here ?, if workers in work here are getting squeezed and they are having to work longer and for much less pension then will they at some point turn round and say hey 'what about those retired on a good screw ? drawing a good pension, lets share the pain'.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 10:50]

Greece is a basket case and should never have been allowed to join the union, they spent billions of other people's money, and now can't repay It, it's got nothing going for it bar tourism, even Cyprus swallowed the austerity pill, sorry but the rest of Europe doesn't owe them a living, bring back the Drachma

Well done Greece! on 11:23 - Jul 6 with 948 viewstrampie

The taxpayers bailed the banks out to the tune of trillions of pounds, yet the powers that be don't seem to want to write the very small amount of Greek debt off [in comparison to the bankers debts].
The Greeks are unable to pay, it would mean generations and generations of suffering and financial hardship for them to even try and pay it off, you cant get blood out of a stone and lending and investing carries risks, that is the capitalist game.

ISIS and Putin are relatively quite close to the Greek borders, the EU can write the debt off and not have people within the EU living in poverty at EU's own hand and also keep ISIS and Putin away from the door or the EU can squeeze the Greeks till the pips squeak or force them to leave the EU, then what direction Greece follows if they are forced to leave the European powers will have little say over.

The EU need to think on, particularly the Germans, I watched a foreign news channel last night and a bloke on there [expert type] seemed to be suggesting if any other country in Europe had the lead roll [as in the most powerful country in the EU] then they would not be pushing the Greeks into a corner like this but he seemed to suggest that the Germans are the one nation that would push the Greeks all the way with no compassion.

The Germans need to wind their necks in, otherwise modern Germany will be getting a reputation, they need to remember how the world treated them after the war.

Well done Greece! on 11:37 - Jul 6 with 934 viewstrampie

Well done Greece! on 11:00 - Jul 6 by raynor94

Greece is a basket case and should never have been allowed to join the union, they spent billions of other people's money, and now can't repay It, it's got nothing going for it bar tourism, even Cyprus swallowed the austerity pill, sorry but the rest of Europe doesn't owe them a living, bring back the Drachma

They the Greeks [and some others perhaps] should not be in the EU is fair comment, but they are.

So force the Greek people into poverty inside the EU, when most of them are just ordinary people just like people in this country, people in this country will not pay/pay as little tax as possible [Thatcher all those years ago appealed to peoples greed by cutting taxes particularly in England and she beat the left wing].

Force the Greeks out of the EU and then what direction they take, they take.

It might be cheaper for the EU and its taxpayers to write most of the debt off as there will be costs and repercussions associated with abandoning Greece.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024