Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211118 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:47 - Oct 11 with 9498 viewsmonmouth

Aye tvmc is more pleasant than wookie for me too

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:34 - Oct 12 with 9446 viewsChief

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Oct 11 by oldgrey

make sure you are running the confluence skin
check in either xunity or the wookie for a keyboard fix icon and run it.

Top man, now working

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:49 - Oct 12 with 9437 viewsChief

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:07 - Aug 23 by NeathJack

To put a shortcut to an add on on your main menu screen:

System>Settings>Appearance>Skin>Settings>Add on shortcuts

Then select the add ons you want for each shortcut position.

Tried doing this yesterday, but I don't have the same options in the system tab. Anyone have any other ideas of how I can for example get a link to sports devil onto my home screen to save me hunting for it in the video enabled add ons list everytime i want to see a game?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:22 - Oct 12 with 9428 viewsBLAZE

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:49 - Oct 12 by Chief

Tried doing this yesterday, but I don't have the same options in the system tab. Anyone have any other ideas of how I can for example get a link to sports devil onto my home screen to save me hunting for it in the video enabled add ons list everytime i want to see a game?

I think that what you can and can't do with the home screen depends on your skin - some are far more restrictive than others. Also depending on the skin, the settings menu etc. may be layed out slightly differently too, which is probably why you can't find anything following NJs suggested path

I downloaded the black glass nova skin which lets you customise the home screen quite a bit. Mine is set up like this;

Live TV - drop down menu gives me direct access to PhoenixTV, DexterTV and UK Turk

Sports - drop down menu gives me direct access to SportsAccess, SportsDevil and Vdubt25

TV Shows - takes me direct to Genesis' TV Series menu

Movies - takes me direct to Genesis' Movies menu

Add-ons

Settings

Quit

I find that gives me easy access to most of my needs, anything else I'll dig out from the add-ons menu
[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 11:54]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:40 - Oct 12 with 9401 viewsBLAZE

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:53 - Oct 8 by NeathJack

There were issues with an update that Genesis went through. However in the last couple of days another update has been pushed through and now it seems far more stable again.

Make sure you're on the latest version.

Thanks mate, I think it may have been related to that update

Last night it stopped completely and was giving me the dreaded 'error - script failed' message when trying to access Genesis, so this morning I uninstalled it, cleared the XBMC cache, and force refreshed the lambda repository before reinstalling Genesis .... And touch wood it's running nicely now.... In fact it feels smoother than ever

When they work these little boxes are a joy to behold, but f*ck me, they can be more temperamental than the missus
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:10 - Oct 12 with 9301 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:44 - Sep 3 by simonG

Signed up to sports mania For 3 months for £17 more than happy so far, great customer support using the Facebook group they have setup if you do have any issues.

I've signed up too and paid 4 quid for Saturday but I can't install the bloody thing! I've tried all weekend. I follow the installation procedure:

Kodi -system settings - Add-ons - install from zip file - External Storage - download- repository.TheYid-2.0.zip

I get the message "TheYid's Repo - add-on enabled"

I then go to Get Add-ons and see "TheYid's Repo. Enabled" so I click on it and I do not see

"Video Add-ons". All I see is

Add-on libraries
Add-on repository
Music add-ons

I have come to the following conclusions:

1) TheYid's Repo does not contain any video add-ons, just music add-ons.

2) I have Super Repo installed and Sports Mania is available on that, under video add-ons. I installed successfully from there but when I try to launch Sports Mania, I get a 'Script error' and I don't know why.

This is doing my 'ed in - what is the usual reason for a 'script error'? Anybody else installed using 'TheYids Repo'?

All help gratefully received. I've contacted the help email address but no response.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:44 - Oct 12 with 9274 viewsoldgrey

Your install instructions may be out of date.
Try these

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-fo
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:06 - Oct 13 with 9235 viewssquarebear

I've lost count of the number of nerdgasms I've had reading this thread.

Oldgrey. You ought to offer a support service. You'd make a killing. Plus think of all the tea and biscuits you'd get.
Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:31 - Oct 13 with 9165 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:44 - Oct 12 by oldgrey

Your install instructions may be out of date.
Try these

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-fo

Thanks oldgrey for getting back to me. That's more than I've had from Sportsmania themselves even though they've trousered my payment.

I tried the newer link but when I press ok having entered http://repo.sportsmania.eu and the name SportsMania, a box pops up telling me:

"Unable to connect

Could not retrieve directory information
This could be due to the network not being connected
Would you like to add it anyway? Yes No"

I choose No since there's no point in going any further.

Very frustrating. I do have a connection because I can open 'Browser' and see Google and other websites. Any suggestions? All gratefully received. Many thx
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:54 - Oct 13 with 9152 viewsjedijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:31 - Oct 13 by jackrabbit

Thanks oldgrey for getting back to me. That's more than I've had from Sportsmania themselves even though they've trousered my payment.

I tried the newer link but when I press ok having entered http://repo.sportsmania.eu and the name SportsMania, a box pops up telling me:

"Unable to connect

Could not retrieve directory information
This could be due to the network not being connected
Would you like to add it anyway? Yes No"

I choose No since there's no point in going any further.

Very frustrating. I do have a connection because I can open 'Browser' and see Google and other websites. Any suggestions? All gratefully received. Many thx

Try http://sportsmania.eu/repo/
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:06 - Oct 13 with 9135 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:54 - Oct 13 by jedijack

Try http://sportsmania.eu/repo/

Thanks Jedijack - that worked a treat!

Now watching Wales v Andorra in HD with no buffering - fantastic!

Much obliged to all of you who chipped in with help.

Rgds

Jackrabbit
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:51 - Oct 17 with 8946 viewsjackrabbit

Happy end to this story - apart from the fact I managed to get SportsMania working. I discovered that sending emails is a waste of time - you need to interact via Facebook. I posted a disgruntled message on the Facebook site along the lines of "Doesn't anybody in SportsMania respond to messages blah blah.." And was immediately contacted by about half a dozen different people asking me to send them a PM. I did, and my financial and support concerns have been dealt with. I also told them there's a lot of misinformation on the web about the true address of the repository that causes confusion when trying to install. Anyway, the bottom line is that SportsMania is excellent value and excellent quality - well worth subscribing to. No more crap picture definition and incessant buffering. Highly recommended.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:48 - Oct 20 with 8833 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Finally got round to cancelling Sky TV, Internet and Phone

Got a good deal on superfast broadband through BT but then got told Genesis does not work through BT as they block it. Can anyone shed any light on this if it is true or not

And if it is true where do you suggest for tv and films

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:16 - Oct 20 with 8785 viewsjedijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:48 - Oct 20 by PatchesOHoulihan

Got a good deal on superfast broadband through BT but then got told Genesis does not work through BT as they block it. Can anyone shed any light on this if it is true or not

For my own personal viewing I still get films and TV using newsgroups, as I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to high bitrate picture quality and 5.1 audio which Kodi apps generally don't provide.

For the misses however, when she wants to watch some bumf, I usually tell her to use the android showbox app. Much easier to use than Kodi and I've never seen anything fail on there. The files are all quite low/medium bitrate 720p files, with 2.0 audio but it works.

Saying that, I've seen there are some watchable, 5.1 files on the Kodi add-on Navi-X. It's sometimes a little bit of hassle to find a good stream but there usually plenty of choice.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 17:19]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:01 - Oct 20 with 8767 viewsoldgrey

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:48 - Oct 20 by PatchesOHoulihan

I have not heard of genesis being blocked by ISPs Iike BT. Some kodi addons are blocked by ISPs though (e,g, Icefilms, primewire/1 channel) although in those particular cases this can be circumvented by altering the web addresses they access to a non banned one - easy if the addon has a configurable settings menu.

If you plan on using a wizard to set up your addons, you do need to sometimes change router av settings.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 8753 viewsperchrockjack

I am now unable to get XBMC as when I ciick on the icon it moves along to the next.

It s irritating

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:35 - Oct 26 with 8566 viewsBLAZE

Just realised I'm still running on Kodi 13.2 (Gotham) .... No performance problems, but should I upgrade to the latest stable version anyway? (15.2 - Isengard)

Never done it before.... If I do, will I lose all my settings (layouts, wallpapers etc.) and more importantly, will I need to reinstall all my add ons?

Cheers
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:40 - Oct 26 with 8524 viewsNeath_Jack

Robocop add-on was flying last weekend for sports coverage.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:36 - Oct 26 with 8480 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:35 - Oct 26 by BLAZE

Just realised I'm still running on Kodi 13.2 (Gotham) .... No performance problems, but should I upgrade to the latest stable version anyway? (15.2 - Isengard)

Never done it before.... If I do, will I lose all my settings (layouts, wallpapers etc.) and more importantly, will I need to reinstall all my add ons?

Cheers

It just replaced when I did it Blaze, without affecting add-ons. Not sure it added anything to the experience though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:42 - Oct 26 with 8432 viewsBLAZE

Cheers buddy, tempted to stick with it as is for the time being unless someone knows better? As I said everything working ok at the moment but I imagine a timr will come where new add-ons and updates will come out that aren't compatible with older versions like mine
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:47 - Oct 26 with 8423 viewsDDCH

My cheapo clone android box in the lounge is still running XBMC, as it's built into the firmware and there are no updates for it. Still working fine, but after seeing how well a Raspberry pi 2 running open elec /kodi runs, that's what I am getting next

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:49 - Oct 26 with 8422 viewsJackfath

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:47 - Oct 26 by DDCH

My cheapo clone android box in the lounge is still running XBMC, as it's built into the firmware and there are no updates for it. Still working fine, but after seeing how well a Raspberry pi 2 running open elec /kodi runs, that's what I am getting next

That's what I've got init.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:52 - Oct 26 with 8415 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

amazon fire stick with kodi any good?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Oct 26 with 8413 viewsDDCH

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:49 - Oct 26 by Jackfath

That's what I've got init.

A cheapo clone or a pi?

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:55 - Oct 26 with 8412 viewsJackfath

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Oct 26 by DDCH

A cheapo clone or a pi?

pi. Never had anything else.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024