Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211762 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Oct 26 with 5673 viewsDDCH

I was very impressed. Have my laptop hooked up to the TV upstairs and the pi is on a par speed wise with that, for less than £50

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:58 - Oct 26 with 5669 viewsJackfath

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Oct 26 by DDCH

I was very impressed. Have my laptop hooked up to the TV upstairs and the pi is on a par speed wise with that, for less than £50

They're wicked little things, however the new BBC Micro:Bit will be better in my opinion.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:15 - Oct 26 with 5631 viewsskippyjack

I'm still trying to figure out how to use a proxy address so IPTV streams from America/Canada/Australia/New Zealand will work without being blocked due to Country copyrights.. you wouldn't have to pay for sportsmania.. and it'll be HD and faultless..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:37 - Oct 26 with 5584 viewswaynekerr55

I'm just looking at this:

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/shop/best-tv-box-2015-combo-t8-aml-v3-e-box-lat

Has anyone got one?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:42 - Oct 26 with 5578 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:37 - Oct 26 by waynekerr55

I'm just looking at this:

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/shop/best-tv-box-2015-combo-t8-aml-v3-e-box-lat

Has anyone got one?

No,

But i got the V2 older version of it, which is outstanding in fairness. By outstanding, i mean for a complete novice like me, it does everything and more.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Oct 26 with 5566 viewswaynekerr55

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:42 - Oct 26 by Neath_Jack

No,

But i got the V2 older version of it, which is outstanding in fairness. By outstanding, i mean for a complete novice like me, it does everything and more.

Cheers sir

Gonna plump for one next week

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:58 - Oct 26 with 5565 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Oct 26 by waynekerr55

Cheers sir

Gonna plump for one next week

Their support is superb as well, always answer questions within minutes on Twitter, sometimes in seconds.

Although the other Neathie on here is your go to man in regards to addons and stuff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:47 - Oct 27 with 5506 viewswaynekerr55

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:15 - Oct 26 by skippyjack

I'm still trying to figure out how to use a proxy address so IPTV streams from America/Canada/Australia/New Zealand will work without being blocked due to Country copyrights.. you wouldn't have to pay for sportsmania.. and it'll be HD and faultless..

Have you worked this out yet Skipp?

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:45 - Oct 28 with 5416 viewsskippyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:47 - Oct 27 by waynekerr55

Have you worked this out yet Skipp?

F*cking Kodi, IPTV and the Premier League are pals ain't they.. the Premier League is connected to one specific LAN network.. the only way to watch it.. is if you subscribe with a verified source, something like sportsmania.. because it's one of the verified sources the Premier League has allowed into it's LAN network..

the streams we watch.. are fed through by other computers from around Europe.. the reason the stream quality is poor.. is because the Computer in the EU has to connect his sportsmania subscription PC (the PC he watches it on, HD, clear picture) onto another PC that runs Kodi.. he then has to create a source which allows him to broadcast his PC to other PC's that haven't got permission to access the Premier League content..

The buffering, freezing and unclear picture is due to the bandwidth connection from your PC to the PC in the EU.. Virgin Media subscribers should have the best bandwidth or if your internet provider matches the PC in the EU.. the only reason people who subscribe with sportsmania have a better quality picture is because it's directly from source.. not another PC.. the Premier League basically give that user a proxy address to watch premier league content.. it's legal because you pay..

this is why the premier league have been harassing pubs.. but if somebody in the UK area was willing to broadcast their content with others.. the bandwidth, buffering would be much better than the source from Europe.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 07:44 - Oct 28 with 5390 viewspikeypaul

Excuse my ignorance but why should virgin media users have the best bandwidth ?

Thank you.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:58 - Oct 28 with 5314 viewsskippyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 07:44 - Oct 28 by pikeypaul

Excuse my ignorance but why should virgin media users have the best bandwidth ?

Thank you.

their cables are the most up to date around the world..

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:43 - Oct 28 with 5296 viewsSwanjaxs

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:58 - Oct 28 by skippyjack

their cables are the most up to date around the world..

Fair play Virgin media is bar far the best provider, just ran a speed test and hitting 168.72mbps download speed

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:34 - Oct 28 with 5273 viewspikeypaul

I am on VM and have been for about 2 years.
My contract says I am on upto 50meg
I done a speed test a couple of months back and I am
only getting 6meg.
I phoned them and was informed there is work in my area (SA3)
and has been for the last year or so and will go on to mid November
and due to this I was entitled to a £5 month rebate on my bill each month.
However this was not back dated and I need to phone the billing
department each month to have it applied to that months bill.

So if any of you are getting slow speeds compared to your contract
it may be worth you giving them a ring.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:47 - Oct 28 with 5262 viewsWarwickHunt

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:34 - Oct 28 by pikeypaul

I am on VM and have been for about 2 years.
My contract says I am on upto 50meg
I done a speed test a couple of months back and I am
only getting 6meg.
I phoned them and was informed there is work in my area (SA3)
and has been for the last year or so and will go on to mid November
and due to this I was entitled to a £5 month rebate on my bill each month.
However this was not back dated and I need to phone the billing
department each month to have it applied to that months bill.

So if any of you are getting slow speeds compared to your contract
it may be worth you giving them a ring.

Great when it works but any repair work and the whole area seems to suffer for hours, sometimes days.

The accounts department seems to be exclusively manned by the educationally sub-normal.

Always complain, it helps when it's time to re-new your contract. I'm probably paying less than I was five years ago...
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 13:49]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:03 - Oct 28 with 5245 viewspikeypaul

This work on the line has been going on for 14 months luckily it did not bother me much since I only used to surf the web (no gaming,streaming etc) and the speed I was getting 6meg was fine.
However when I started using a new Kodi box I looked into my speed and complained the customer support women was very good and told me of the rebate straight away,however it could not be back dated,there must be 1000's of customers in my area not knowing they are entitled to a £5 rebate each month due to this work taking place.
Here is the # 0800 052 2525 if you are getting slow speeds complain and you can spend the fiver discount on some chips from Five Guys burger bar.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2015 14:10]

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:56 - Oct 29 with 5146 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:45 - Oct 28 by skippyjack

F*cking Kodi, IPTV and the Premier League are pals ain't they.. the Premier League is connected to one specific LAN network.. the only way to watch it.. is if you subscribe with a verified source, something like sportsmania.. because it's one of the verified sources the Premier League has allowed into it's LAN network..

the streams we watch.. are fed through by other computers from around Europe.. the reason the stream quality is poor.. is because the Computer in the EU has to connect his sportsmania subscription PC (the PC he watches it on, HD, clear picture) onto another PC that runs Kodi.. he then has to create a source which allows him to broadcast his PC to other PC's that haven't got permission to access the Premier League content..

The buffering, freezing and unclear picture is due to the bandwidth connection from your PC to the PC in the EU.. Virgin Media subscribers should have the best bandwidth or if your internet provider matches the PC in the EU.. the only reason people who subscribe with sportsmania have a better quality picture is because it's directly from source.. not another PC.. the Premier League basically give that user a proxy address to watch premier league content.. it's legal because you pay..

this is why the premier league have been harassing pubs.. but if somebody in the UK area was willing to broadcast their content with others.. the bandwidth, buffering would be much better than the source from Europe.

Last time I looked, a Sky Sports subscription is about 25 quid per month and hard luck if the match you want to watch is on BT Sport, or not televised at all. I persevered with the free streams for a while but they are generally either appalling picture quality or incessant buffering or both.
SportsMania solves all of the above, not for £25 per month, but for £17 FOR 3 MONTHS.
Outstanding value - what's termed a 'no brainer'. A good bunch of blokes behind it as well - very helpful and friendly via Facebook.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:53 - Nov 3 with 4944 viewswaynekerr55

My T8 V3 arrived today. Took a while to work out that some of the repositories weren't working but I've installed Dexter TV and Genisis. Any other recommendations, particularly for sport?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 4936 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:53 - Nov 3 by waynekerr55

My T8 V3 arrived today. Took a while to work out that some of the repositories weren't working but I've installed Dexter TV and Genisis. Any other recommendations, particularly for sport?

UkTurks worked fine for me the weekend

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:01 - Nov 3 with 4934 viewslifelong

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:53 - Nov 3 by waynekerr55

Phoenix can be very good.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:29 - Nov 3 with 4895 viewswaynekerr55

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:56 - Oct 29 by jackrabbit

Last time I looked, a Sky Sports subscription is about 25 quid per month and hard luck if the match you want to watch is on BT Sport, or not televised at all. I persevered with the free streams for a while but they are generally either appalling picture quality or incessant buffering or both.
SportsMania solves all of the above, not for £25 per month, but for £17 FOR 3 MONTHS.
Outstanding value - what's termed a 'no brainer'. A good bunch of blokes behind it as well - very helpful and friendly via Facebook.

Can you Install this on kodi?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 07:44 - Nov 4 with 4858 viewsjack_lord

I havejust bought an OTT MXQ box half price with a groupon voucher. A great little box and did everything in Kodi terms that laptop did. I use the Navi add on and have got a few great films in the last couple of days. It is getting frustrating that a lot of the films do not not load when you click on them.
Are there any particularly good links or add ons or should I be subscribed to some of the places?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:06 - Nov 4 with 4824 viewspikeypaul

I find Navi very annoying not being able to get out of once in.
For sports I use UK Turks,Sportsdevil,Zues
Going to add on Phoenix and Genesis later this morning very
easy to do just google for instructions.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:35 - Nov 4 with 4821 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:29 - Nov 3 by waynekerr55

Can you Install this on kodi?

Indeed you can. Just make sure you use the correct repository - http://sportsmania.eu/repo/. There are some very old links there and it took me 3 attempts to get it Installed.

Install instructions here:

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-fo

Once installed you will have to go to the www.SportsMania.eu website and pay your sub -£4 for the day if you want to try it out, which is what I did, then £12 for a month or £17 for 3 months which is what I did. You register with an id and password you choose yourself. Then when you click on SportsMania on your box you will have to login first time - you never have to again.

Saturday before last, I watched the Villa v Swans game on my tv in perfect HD and no buffering. Sheer luxury! Also when you're not at home you can log on to SportsMania.eu on your tablet or laptop and watch an HD quality stream with no buffering. I've only been a member for 3 weeks but I'm a big fan.

One last point. All support is via Facebook. There is a Facebook group for non-subscribers and a closed group for subscribers. Good bunch of blokes - friendly and helpful.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:23 - Nov 4 with 4798 viewspikeypaul

Excuse my ignorance but with the tablet/laptop option above for sportsmania do you still
need to have Kodi downloaded on the devices or are there direct links via the sportsmania website
for members who log in?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:48 - Nov 4 with 4769 viewsWhiterockin

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:35 - Nov 4 by jackrabbit

Indeed you can. Just make sure you use the correct repository - http://sportsmania.eu/repo/. There are some very old links there and it took me 3 attempts to get it Installed.

Install instructions here:

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-fo

Once installed you will have to go to the www.SportsMania.eu website and pay your sub -£4 for the day if you want to try it out, which is what I did, then £12 for a month or £17 for 3 months which is what I did. You register with an id and password you choose yourself. Then when you click on SportsMania on your box you will have to login first time - you never have to again.

Saturday before last, I watched the Villa v Swans game on my tv in perfect HD and no buffering. Sheer luxury! Also when you're not at home you can log on to SportsMania.eu on your tablet or laptop and watch an HD quality stream with no buffering. I've only been a member for 3 weeks but I'm a big fan.

One last point. All support is via Facebook. There is a Facebook group for non-subscribers and a closed group for subscribers. Good bunch of blokes - friendly and helpful.

Do you know if you can pay for this through Paypal, security reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024