Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211150 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:09 - Nov 4 with 17901 viewswaynekerr55

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:35 - Nov 4 by jackrabbit

Indeed you can. Just make sure you use the correct repository - http://sportsmania.eu/repo/. There are some very old links there and it took me 3 attempts to get it Installed.

Install instructions here:

http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-new-sportsmania-repository-add-on-fo

Once installed you will have to go to the www.SportsMania.eu website and pay your sub -£4 for the day if you want to try it out, which is what I did, then £12 for a month or £17 for 3 months which is what I did. You register with an id and password you choose yourself. Then when you click on SportsMania on your box you will have to login first time - you never have to again.

Saturday before last, I watched the Villa v Swans game on my tv in perfect HD and no buffering. Sheer luxury! Also when you're not at home you can log on to SportsMania.eu on your tablet or laptop and watch an HD quality stream with no buffering. I've only been a member for 3 weeks but I'm a big fan.

One last point. All support is via Facebook. There is a Facebook group for non-subscribers and a closed group for subscribers. Good bunch of blokes - friendly and helpful.

I don't use Facebook

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:53 - Nov 4 with 17843 viewspikeypaul

To answer my own question you can watch sportmania streams direct on to your
iPad/iPhone through their website if you subscribe and no need to download kodi.
Although you can only watch on one device at a time (stop people sharing subscriptions)for £17 for 3 moths it's a bargain.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:42 - Nov 4 with 17814 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:53 - Nov 4 by pikeypaul

iPad/iPhone through their website if you subscribe and no need to download kodi.
Although you can only watch on one device at a time (stop people sharing subscriptions)for £17 for 3 moths it's a bargain.

If that's true and I can still watch any football match, F1, Boxing & Darts then I'll be trialling this on Saturday. Been desperate to get rid of Sky Sports for a while now, but Sky Go is so damn useful.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:09 - Nov 4 with 17756 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:53 - Nov 4 by pikeypaul

"Also when you're not at home you can log on to SportsMania.eu on your tablet or laptop and watch an HD quality stream with no buffering. "

No you don't need to install on Kodi. My son only uses SportsMania on his laptop.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:11 - Nov 4 with 17754 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:09 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

I don't use Facebook

You're out of luck then 'cos they don't answer emails - personal experience.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:19 - Nov 4 with 17670 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:48 - Nov 4 by Whiterockin

Do you know if you can pay for this through Paypal, security reasons.

I don't know, because I use my Nationwide credit card where I don't get charged for foreign transactions. You're paying the company in the Netherlands.

On the website it says "(Pay Safe and Secure Via Credit or Debit Card)".

No mention of PayPal so I'd say the answer to your question is 'probably not'.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:25 - Nov 5 with 17622 viewsWhiterockin

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:19 - Nov 4 by jackrabbit

I don't know, because I use my Nationwide credit card where I don't get charged for foreign transactions. You're paying the company in the Netherlands.

On the website it says "(Pay Safe and Secure Via Credit or Debit Card)".

No mention of PayPal so I'd say the answer to your question is 'probably not'.

Thanks.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:17 - Nov 5 with 17608 viewspikeypaul

Jackrabbit,what is the quality through wifi on a laptop/tablet useing
the SM website ? I know it's pretty easy to put kodi on my tablet but
I do not want to take up more storage and would prefer to watch direct from
the website.
Also are there direct links to bien1,bien2,bien3 etc.for the saturday 3pm ko's?
Thank you.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:09 - Nov 5 with 17584 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:17 - Nov 5 by pikeypaul

Jackrabbit,what is the quality through wifi on a laptop/tablet useing
the SM website ? I know it's pretty easy to put kodi on my tablet but
I do not want to take up more storage and would prefer to watch direct from
the website.
Also are there direct links to bien1,bien2,bien3 etc.for the saturday 3pm ko's?
Thank you.

The quality is excellent. I used it on my desktop only, to watch Wales vAndorra, because I was having trouble installing on Kodi. You don't need to put Kodi on your tablet - just run SM from the website. You may have to try one or two links before you get what you want. I can't answer your question on bien1 etc because I am not aware of them.

My recommendation is subscribe for the day on Saturday to watch Norwich v Swans, plus other games - Saturday is a good day for a 4 quid trial! I think you'll be impressed.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:05 - Nov 5 with 17572 viewspikeypaul

Good advice,thank you.

I'll go for the £17 for 3 month option the extra
£13 is next to nothing.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:34 - Nov 5 with 17488 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:05 - Nov 5 by pikeypaul

Good advice,thank you.

I'll go for the £17 for 3 month option the extra
£13 is next to nothing.

You're most welcome. And thanks for the thank you - much appreciated.

I'm happy to post stuff that helps others out because this board got me started a few months ago and has continued to support me as I go along. It's nice to pass on stuff that I've learned. Good luck with SportsMania- I think you'll enjoy it.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:16 - Nov 5 with 17462 viewsmonmouth

Daft question maybe, and not wishing to alarm, but I just don't know the answer. I've been toying with subscription sites, but if you subscribe to a paid site like this, isn't it confirming illegal viewing and your identity by credit card and details as legal proof, leaving members open to legal action at Sky/BTs leisure should they wish or when they deem it's of sufficient size to be financially advantageous? Any legalshakyerbots know?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 17449 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:16 - Nov 5 by monmouth

Daft question maybe, and not wishing to alarm, but I just don't know the answer. I've been toying with subscription sites, but if you subscribe to a paid site like this, isn't it confirming illegal viewing and your identity by credit card and details as legal proof, leaving members open to legal action at Sky/BTs leisure should they wish or when they deem it's of sufficient size to be financially advantageous? Any legalshakyerbots know?

It's not a daft question. It's one I've pondered myself. This might help clarify one or two points:

http://androidtvsolutions.com/frequently-asked-questions/

As far a SportsMania is concerned I think the biggest risk is that the authorities close it down and you lose your subscription - it happened to me about 5 years ago with a similar site. That's why I wouldn't subscribe for the long term - 3 months is long enough. I might be wrong but I can't see the authorities going after the users, just the providers. I'd be interested in anybody else's thoughts on this.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:13 - Nov 6 with 17347 viewsepaul

AArrrggghhhh I give up trying to install Sportsmania to kodi just wont work. I do exactly as the instructions say but nothing Ive downloaded the zip files but just cant find it bugger!!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:18 - Nov 6 with 17342 viewslifelong

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:13 - Nov 6 by epaul

AArrrggghhhh I give up trying to install Sportsmania to kodi just wont work. I do exactly as the instructions say but nothing Ive downloaded the zip files but just cant find it bugger!!!!

I've tried a number of times, it just won't download it.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:31 - Nov 6 with 17331 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:18 - Nov 6 by lifelong

I've tried a number of times, it just won't download it.

Cracked it Rog! did it from here all easy

https://superrepo.org/get-started/

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:13 - Nov 6 with 17307 viewswaynekerr55

Does anyone use the interfaces like the wookie one?

I've stayed with the standard kodi and just bolted on genesis etc to the video tab.

I did download wookie but there just seemed to be loads of stuff

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:24 - Nov 7 with 17249 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:13 - Nov 6 by waynekerr55

Does anyone use the interfaces like the wookie one?

I've stayed with the standard kodi and just bolted on genesis etc to the video tab.

I did download wookie but there just seemed to be loads of stuff

Get TVMC - it's smaller and cleaner. I got rid of Wookie - too much stuff you don't want.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:28 - Nov 7 with 17232 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:24 - Nov 7 by jackrabbit

Get TVMC - it's smaller and cleaner. I got rid of Wookie - too much stuff you don't want.

That's what I've got and I f*cking loves it!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:58 - Nov 7 with 17198 viewslifelong

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:31 - Nov 6 by epaul

Cracked it Rog! did it from here all easy

https://superrepo.org/get-started/

Thanks for that Paul, apologies for the late reply, downloaded it okay but can't see what difference it has made, don't really know what I'm doing so I think I'll leave it alone.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:20 - Nov 7 with 17181 viewsWhiterockin

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:24 - Nov 7 by jackrabbit

I am not brilliant on this sort of thing and I do spend a lot of time trawling through Wookie to find what I want. Do you have a link on how to uninstal Wookie and get TVMC.

Really all I want is live sport and the occasional film.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:28 - Nov 7 with 17173 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:20 - Nov 7 by Whiterockin

I am not brilliant on this sort of thing and I do spend a lot of time trawling through Wookie to find what I want. Do you have a link on how to uninstal Wookie and get TVMC.

Really all I want is live sport and the occasional film.

Just download TVMC and then delete your current Kodi installation. Or vice versa.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:39 - Nov 7 with 17165 viewsjack_lord

Why are there so many links that do not work on Kodi?
Is there other stuff I should do to get them to work and wtf is TVMC?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:44 - Nov 7 with 17160 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:39 - Nov 7 by jack_lord

Why are there so many links that do not work on Kodi?
Is there other stuff I should do to get them to work and wtf is TVMC?

Sometimes links don't work. Eg ADTHE was useless for me on Sportsdevil last week and brilliant last night. Today Pheonix has been amazing for Bournemouth game; not always the case. TVMC is just a customised Kodi installation with only the main addons and not much clutter.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 14:11 - Nov 7 with 17142 viewsWhiterockin

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:28 - Nov 7 by monmouth

Just download TVMC and then delete your current Kodi installation. Or vice versa.

Thanks for your help. But I won't do it until after today's game, just incase I mess it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024