Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211928 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Dec 29 with 3748 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:54 - Dec 29 by Neath_Jack

Virgin Media and 100 mega whatever thingys.

Ah,so piss3s all over my speed then,so that'll be it. What build do you use on box?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 3742 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

Ah,so piss3s all over my speed then,so that'll be it. What build do you use on box?

16MB should be fine assuming it's not being used too heavily elsewhere in the household at the same time.

What box are you using?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 22:01]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 3742 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:55 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

Wookie i use, its the only one i've tried but i swear by it.

Not sure about speeds tbh, someone will be along shortly and will let you know if your speed is enough or something else.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 3731 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:00 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

16MB should be fine assuming it's not being used too heavily elsewhere in the household at the same time.

What box are you using?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 22:01]

Misses bought me a mxq for Xmas, she was passed the info from a mate who Swears by his one. Could it be my build?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 3724 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:06 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

Misses bought me a mxq for Xmas, she was passed the info from a mate who Swears by his one. Could it be my build?

Don't know much about the mxq box to be honest so can't really comment on in unfortunately.

Your build shouldn't really make a difference.

Is it just live streaming your having trouble with or is it the same with tv/movies? Which add on are you using for the live football streaming?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 3711 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:09 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

Don't know much about the mxq box to be honest so can't really comment on in unfortunately.

Your build shouldn't really make a difference.

Is it just live streaming your having trouble with or is it the same with tv/movies? Which add on are you using for the live football streaming?

Movie and shows last around 10 mins then KO,premier league pass or robocop or njmc for the footie

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 3689 viewsElward

Does anyone have kodi on an amazon firestick by any chance? Was thinking of trying to load it onto mine but wern't sure how good they are at coping with kodi.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:28 - Dec 29 with 3686 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:27 - Dec 29 by Elward

Does anyone have kodi on an amazon firestick by any chance? Was thinking of trying to load it onto mine but wern't sure how good they are at coping with kodi.

Firestick is fine
Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 3685 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:17 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

Movie and shows last around 10 mins then KO,premier league pass or robocop or njmc for the footie

I think it's a hardware issue.

If you've got a PC/laptop/tablet, download Kodi to that and see how it runs in comparison.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 3671 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:28 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

Firestick is fine

Firestick is the boss. I loves my firestick. Wifey could watch her shite film on one telly at 6 o clock and I just move the little portable plug in beauty to 'my' telly for the footy at 7.45. Everyone happy. I detest the revolting Amazon business model with every bone in my body but they've got me with thislittle honey.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 3475 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:29 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

I think it's a hardware issue.

If you've got a PC/laptop/tablet, download Kodi to that and see how it runs in comparison.

Will do,thing is a few mates have same box and no issues whatsoever.think I'll just have to keep playing around

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:52 - Dec 29 with 3464 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:43 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

Will do,thing is a few mates have same box and no issues whatsoever.think I'll just have to keep playing around

It may just be you've been unlucky and got a dud box.

Worth trying it on different hardware just to eliminate the possibility at least.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 3446 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:52 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

It may just be you've been unlucky and got a dud box.

Worth trying it on different hardware just to eliminate the possibility at least.

Cheers

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:20 - Dec 30 with 3404 viewsElward

Thanks for the help all. Now to find a guide on how to do it lol
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 3330 viewsshandyjack

would it work better with an iptv stalker add on

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:25 - Dec 30 with 3300 viewsPolskijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:43 - Dec 29 by shandyjack

It could be your video acceleration settings as these often cause issues. I have an MXQ box and its great.

Go to "system - Video - (make sure settings are at Advanced level at the bottom) - Acceleration . Here there are three settings starting with "Allow hardware acceleration". Often all three are ticked but sometimes it works better with only "libstagefright" setting on and the others off. Play around with these and see if things improve.

16 mb is plenty. I have this and use two boxes at the same time without any problems.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:24 - Dec 30 with 3232 viewsCountyJim

Brought a jailbroke firestick off ebay only had it few hours but looks the business http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321957094471?_trksid=p20
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:35 - Dec 30 with 3216 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:24 - Dec 30 by CountyJim

Brought a jailbroke firestick off ebay only had it few hours but looks the business http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321957094471?_trksid=p20

£70 notes? You're kidding.

Buy one for £34.99 and take 10 minutes to load up kodi for free.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:42 - Dec 30 with 3214 viewsCountyJim

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:35 - Dec 30 by monmouth

£70 notes? You're kidding.

Buy one for £34.99 and take 10 minutes to load up kodi for free.

Paid 54 for it last few days hes put price up

I looked at feed back his is fantastic
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:19 - Dec 31 with 3154 viewsswans11

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:42 - Dec 30 by CountyJim

Paid 54 for it last few days hes put price up

I looked at feed back his is fantastic

if you had asked several of us on here Could helped you. people making quick money and probably using someone's build to do it
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 3145 viewsDr_Winston

Tried XBMC/Kodi on and off for a couple of years and never found it to be much cop. However, tweaked it with something called Wookie the other day and it's much improved. Had a superb stream for the Palace game. Clear picture and no lag at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:33 - Dec 31 with 3143 viewsshandyjack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:32 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

Tried XBMC/Kodi on and off for a couple of years and never found it to be much cop. However, tweaked it with something called Wookie the other day and it's much improved. Had a superb stream for the Palace game. Clear picture and no lag at all.

I went with Wilkie yesterday too and seems a lot smoother

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:41 - Dec 31 with 3094 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:33 - Dec 31 by shandyjack

I went with Wilkie yesterday too and seems a lot smoother

If I install Wookie will it overide my xbmc/kodi or will it just show as an add on? edit! I dont think it will although before installing how do I clear data?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 15:51]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 3085 viewsNeath_Jack

I tried telling you fellow novices throughout this here massive thread about Wookie. It's a no brainer.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:09 - Dec 31 with 3066 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:41 - Dec 31 by epaul

If I install Wookie will it overide my xbmc/kodi or will it just show as an add on? edit! I dont think it will although before installing how do I clear data?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2015 15:51]

I had Wookie but found TVMC much quicker and cleaner so got shot of Wookie. They are just specific custom builds on KODI so it will replace your current configurations. Wookie just had too much bloat that I never used, but I think it is endorsed by Kodi (?) whereas TVMC isn't. All the major add ons are on both, although I had to add Robo and NJM to TVMC whereas I think they are on the Wookie build?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024