Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211089 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:19 - Jan 4 with 7893 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:15 - Jan 4 by PatchesOHoulihan

Good to know - although that seemed to have a lot of links no longer working when I tried using it last

Yeah, I preferred Genesis for user experience. For films STAAL on Pheonix is good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:29 - Jan 4 with 7887 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:19 - Jan 4 by monmouth

Yeah, I preferred Genesis for user experience. For films STAAL on Pheonix is good.

For films I used STAAL for a bit too but then changed to Rockcrusher if you haven't tried it - on Phoenix too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 7714 viewsBLAZE

I really need to find a Genesis alternative now that it's slowly giving up the ghost, mainly for keeping up to date with my favourite TV shows.

iStream is good in so far as you can add favourites, which makes keeping up to date easy, but I find for some shows its sources are very limited and usually dont work. It's also slow to update (sometimes it takes 24 hours+ for a newly broadcast show to turn up on there)

SALTS is also good in so far as you can link a Trakt account (like with Genesis) which also makes keeping up to date with your favourites easy, but I find it extremely temperamental and I regularly have to uninstall it, delete its cache file, then reinstall it just to get it working again.... But before long the dreaded 'error - check the log file' messages return and I have to repeat the process

There's plenty of add ons out there but none are as comprehensive or as user friendly as Genesis imo. I just want something with a favourites function/Trakt intergration that is reliable with plenty of sources
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:19 - Jan 11 with 7704 viewsmonmouth

Blaze....you may need to change your avatar to be more realistic....Garfield wearing a white 18 would probably do it...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:10 - Jan 11 with 7671 viewsjedijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:13 - Jan 11 by BLAZE

I really need to find a Genesis alternative now that it's slowly giving up the ghost, mainly for keeping up to date with my favourite TV shows.

iStream is good in so far as you can add favourites, which makes keeping up to date easy, but I find for some shows its sources are very limited and usually dont work. It's also slow to update (sometimes it takes 24 hours+ for a newly broadcast show to turn up on there)

SALTS is also good in so far as you can link a Trakt account (like with Genesis) which also makes keeping up to date with your favourites easy, but I find it extremely temperamental and I regularly have to uninstall it, delete its cache file, then reinstall it just to get it working again.... But before long the dreaded 'error - check the log file' messages return and I have to repeat the process

There's plenty of add ons out there but none are as comprehensive or as user friendly as Genesis imo. I just want something with a favourites function/Trakt intergration that is reliable with plenty of sources

Try using the android app Showbox for TV shows, Blaze.

Much more reliable than any Kodi add-on in my experience.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:39 - Jan 11 with 7640 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:10 - Jan 11 by jedijack

Nice one just found out how to add showbox to the firestick luverly stuff

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:02 - Jan 11 with 7576 viewsBLAZE

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:10 - Jan 11 by jedijack

This looks class mate, cheers
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:21 - Jan 11 with 7543 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:39 - Jan 11 by epaul

Nice one just found out how to add showbox to the firestick luverly stuff

Tell me then!

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:26 - Jan 11 with 7533 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:21 - Jan 11 by monmouth

Tell me then!

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=a

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:25 - Jan 12 with 7443 viewsoldgrey

Movies hd is a similar app to showbox and is a good back up (it takes about 24 hours for it to register on your machine before you get access)
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:34 - Jan 12 with 7436 viewsoldgrey

For those of you who use njm soccer, please note that it has moved. I wrote these installation instructions for one of the kodi forums (it was last week, ignore fa cup references)

Ok here are installation instructions for njm soccer. The story is that another "developer" stole his code so he has put it in a more secure place.

We need to install something called the Ares wizard. Don't worry. This is NOT a build like the Wookie and it WILL NOT replace your addons. Think of it as a configuration & maintenance tool including an addon installer.

1. Important. Delete the current njm addon AND repository

2. Install the ares wizard. Instructions here:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

3. After opening the wizard (it will install in Programs), select "browse addons" from the menu bar and select "video addons" from the sub menu

4. Scroll down the list until you find njm soccer and install it

5. Return to the browse addon menu, open it and this time select "repos".

6. Find the njm repo in the list so we can ensure we get updates and install it

7. Close the wizard

NJM soccer is now installed.

It is a work in progress. When I checked right now little was working. Last night a lot of uk sports was up and working in the Extras section.

Hopefully the weekend fa cup games will be available.

Keep an eye on the njm soccer twitter feed for updates.

Good luck.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 7393 viewsepaul

Robocop has got the Premier League pass on it

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:14 - Jan 12 with 7376 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:34 - Jan 12 by oldgrey

For those of you who use njm soccer, please note that it has moved. I wrote these installation instructions for one of the kodi forums (it was last week, ignore fa cup references)

Ok here are installation instructions for njm soccer. The story is that another "developer" stole his code so he has put it in a more secure place.

We need to install something called the Ares wizard. Don't worry. This is NOT a build like the Wookie and it WILL NOT replace your addons. Think of it as a configuration & maintenance tool including an addon installer.

3. After opening the wizard (it will install in Programs), select "browse addons" from the menu bar and select "video addons" from the sub menu

7. Close the wizard

It is a work in progress. When I checked right now little was working. Last night a lot of uk sports was up and working in the Extras section.

Good luck.

Done it easy enough cheers

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:15 - Jan 12 with 7375 viewspikeypaul

Installed NJM earlier on box and 2 lap tops.
Watching all 3 games simultaneously,superb quality
off one ISP. box to tv Ethernet and 2 laptops from wifi.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:34 - Jan 13 with 7279 viewsSwanjack10

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 13:34 - Jan 12 by oldgrey

7. Close the wizard

Good luck.

Did all this and it installed so cheers but the layout on screen is totally different and pheonix dont work,was watching rise of the footsoldier 2 2015 via rockcrusher but no access., any advice to help thanks

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:10 - Jan 13 with 8103 viewsoldgrey

Phoenix working fine for me. If other films are ok then probably just an issue with the film you selected. If problems persist, uninstall and install the addon.

Just seen a 403 error on njm. Fixed by uninstall/reinstall.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 16:11]
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 8092 viewsSwanjack10

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:10 - Jan 13 by oldgrey

Phoenix working fine for me. If other films are ok then probably just an issue with the film you selected. If problems persist, uninstall and install the addon.

Thanks ill try that, my main screen is all njm?????

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:51 - Jan 13 with 8055 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:10 - Jan 13 by oldgrey

When you uninstall add ons do you have to uninstall the repo too?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:33 - Jan 13 with 8022 viewsoldgrey

Not always. But to be sure I did in this case.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:43 - Jan 13 with 8012 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:33 - Jan 13 by oldgrey

Not always. But to be sure I did in this case.

Cheers!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:35 - Jan 13 with 7965 viewspikeypaul

NJM soccer working fine for me no 403 message.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:23 - Jan 13 with 7923 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:35 - Jan 13 by pikeypaul

NJM soccer working fine for me no 403 message.

same here and plenty of links on Robocop

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:49 - Jan 13 with 7908 viewsJack123

Is njm showing the swans tonight? I'm watching on robo, couldn't see it in njm earlier..

Found it, in hd footy..
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 20:51]

libera nos a malo

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:16 - Jan 13 with 7868 viewsSwanjack10

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:14 - Jan 12 by epaul

Done it easy enough cheers

For some reason I cant get anything on my box now following above instructions, any advice or people who could repair this, I will pay and be so grateful , even bbci player has gone, gutted.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:37 - Jan 13 with 7855 viewsepaul

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:16 - Jan 13 by Swanjack10

For some reason I cant get anything on my box now following above instructions, any advice or people who could repair this, I will pay and be so grateful , even bbci player has gone, gutted.

I'm no expert Jase, I'm fairly new to it and so far following all the instructions it's all worked. Perhaps go to programs and settings there maybe a reset tool in there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024