Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211129 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:13 - Jul 29 with 9514 viewsMJC

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 08:39 - Jul 29 by Polskijack

I use Unotelly, it's a smart DNS rather than a VPN but it works great and doesn't slow the connection like some VPN's can. You don't need to install on the box, just put it on your router under the DNS settings and then all your PC's, phones, Android boxes etc can use it.

I think they still offer a free trial without credit card commitment if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for the info!
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:20 - Jul 29 with 9511 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:13 - Jul 29 by MJC

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:40 - Jul 29 with 9463 viewsPolskijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:13 - Jul 29 by MJC

Thanks for the info!

Happy to help. I have used Kodi for a few years now and it just keeps getting better.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:03 - Jul 29 with 9451 viewsfbreath

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:28 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

I'm still astonished by it a fortnight later. If you like your documentaries go onto Uk Turks channel, hundreds of them on there. Not a massive film fan to be honest, bought it mainly for the live sports content. Wookie also do a pro version which is something like £32 one off payment for all the HD sports channels (sports donkey i think it's called), going to wait to see what the quality is like of the streams once the season kicks off before i get that though.

Two blokes in work bought a box this week and they are amazed by it as well. If anyone is looking for a supplier with fantastic support, go to these chaps http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/

Which one if their units would you recommend, I don't want to use my laptop as I use it for work also.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 9436 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:03 - Jul 29 by fbreath

Which one if their units would you recommend, I don't want to use my laptop as I use it for work also.

Now bear in mind i know absolutely nothing about these things, i bought the T8 quad core package, that came with a mini wireless keyboard control and normal remote control. I'm sure there are plenty on there that will do the job though mate.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 21:55]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:54 - Jul 29 with 9496 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:12 - Jul 28 by Rancid

I've just done what Swanzay said on this thread and downloaded straight onto my PC and it seems to be working a treat.Plugged into my 42 inch i'm like a pisshead in a curryhouse.Does anyone know of any family/children or documentaries channels that might be on here? TIA

All the Disney channels etc are on an add on called Halow TV, under the UK Live TV section. His sports channels are pretty good as well mate.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:10 - Jul 30 with 9413 viewsthe_gasman

HELP!!!! when i started using this the pic would automatically zoom and i couldn't get it to fit the screen properly. After about 3 hours i pressed something in display and it worked fine. Since then i moved it elsewhere and it worked on that TV no problem .
I've since brought it back to the original TV and the only way i can get it to work is to switch of the TV and restart and this works But its a real pain

Anyone else had similar???

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 9412 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:10 - Jul 30 by the_gasman

HELP!!!! when i started using this the pic would automatically zoom and i couldn't get it to fit the screen properly. After about 3 hours i pressed something in display and it worked fine. Since then i moved it elsewhere and it worked on that TV no problem .
I've since brought it back to the original TV and the only way i can get it to work is to switch of the TV and restart and this works But its a real pain

Anyone else had similar???

Have you tried changing the display settings on your android box? Sounds a bit obvious but thats the extent of my knowledge.

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:48 - Jul 30 with 9399 viewsmalagajack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:14 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

Have you tried changing the display settings on your android box? Sounds a bit obvious but thats the extent of my knowledge.

The eye icon on the menu bar will give you options to zoom and set screen type but you need to do that for each channel otherwise there is YouTube video somewhere to adjust screen size
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:48 - Jul 30 with 9399 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:14 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

yes even tried changing in system settings

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:46 - Jul 30 with 9377 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 10:13 - Jul 18 by Neath_Jack

I know i'm late to the party but anyone thinking about getting one of these, do it.

Absolutely superb fair play. There's nobody worse with technology than me, but after a few pointers, it's flying along. Tons of channels showing live sports and films in perfect quality, and no searching involved either.

Like most on here I'm going to frame my question as an apology, since to knowledgeable people on here my questions are going to look very simplistic and naive. That's because I know sweet bugger all about this topic! But I am enthused by the enthusiasm displayed by posters on here like the one above.
Here's what I need to know:

I have a windows 7 desktop PC in a different room from the main family TV - where would the android box sit - wired to the TV or wired to the PC? What would be the procedure involved in bringing up Sky Sports on the TV?

Told you it was simplistic!
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:52 - Jul 30 with 9366 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:46 - Jul 30 by jackrabbit

Like most on here I'm going to frame my question as an apology, since to knowledgeable people on here my questions are going to look very simplistic and naive. That's because I know sweet bugger all about this topic! But I am enthused by the enthusiasm displayed by posters on here like the one above.

I have a windows 7 desktop PC in a different room from the main family TV - where would the android box sit - wired to the TV or wired to the PC? What would be the procedure involved in bringing up Sky Sports on the TV?

Depends if you want to watch it on your tv or pc. I got mine on my tv as was fed up of watching a little screen with loads of buffering. There are hundreds if not thousands of sky sports streams out there. The easiest way in my opinion, is installing this wookie thing i put on mine, all the channels you could ever possibly want are on there.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 9365 viewslifelong

Use a TP link, it comes in 2 sections, plug the one into the mains near your PC and into your router, then plug the other section into the mains near your TV and into your android box, then link the box to your TV.
The internet signal is received via the electricity circuit, it works fine.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 9358 viewsmalagajack

The android box goes into the TV hdmi port. There are various routes to bring up sports, the box had a collection of addons (think apps) each video addon offers a menu to find channels/events, there are many tutorial videos on YouTube, just put in Kodi and take a look, like anything a little practice and you'll crack it. You can also download Kodi to your PC and watch there or feed that to the TV, it will need a bit OS setting up but all the info is out there
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 9356 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:55 - Jul 30 by lifelong

Use a TP link, it comes in 2 sections, plug the one into the mains near your PC and into your router, then plug the other section into the mains near your TV and into your android box, then link the box to your TV.

I was amazed by how that works as well. Technology eh.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Jul 30 with 9356 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:55 - Jul 30 by lifelong

You're a star - many thanks. Would this TP link come as part of the Android configuration?
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 9347 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Jul 30 by jackrabbit

You're a star - many thanks. Would this TP link come as part of the Android configuration?

No it doesn't, you have to buy them, about £25.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:07 - Jul 30 with 9345 viewslifelong

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Jul 30 by jackrabbit

Bought mine in Maplins, about £40 I think, well worth it.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:04 - Jul 30 with 9321 viewsNeathJack

The Android box would be next to the tv like a Sky box.

It connects to the tv via a hdmi cable and can usually (depending on which type) receive the internet either via wireless, ethernet or either of the two.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 22:09 - Jul 30 with 9294 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:04 - Jul 30 by NeathJack

The Android box would be next to the tv like a Sky box.

It connects to the tv via a hdmi cable and can usually (depending on which type) receive the internet either via wireless, ethernet or either of the two.

Thank you all for your input - much appreciated. I'm going to get it all set up ready for the new footie season.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:31 - Aug 8 with 9105 viewsNeath_Jack

Some fantastic HD channels broadcasting the games today. Seem Bournemouth have the most channels showing it. Massively impressed.

Gestede just scored for Villa as i'm typing.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:11 - Aug 8 with 9037 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:31 - Aug 8 by Neath_Jack

Some fantastic HD channels broadcasting the games today. Seem Bournemouth have the most channels showing it. Massively impressed.

Gestede just scored for Villa as i'm typing.

Fantastic Swans performance today but disappointingly I had to give up on Kodi on my TV and watch it on my iPad using Cricfree under the Penguin browser. Not what I expected.

I have bought an MX OTT TV Android Box which seems to have everything you need except I can't seem to use any of it! Today I chose Kodi - Video Ad-ons - Phoenix - Sports - UK Sports - Sky Sports 1 - Sky Sports 1 Link 1.

Initially SS1 came on for about 10minutes - then it just disappeared and no matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't get it back. Very disappointing.

How can you see which streams are showing which games? What other options are there to Phoenix? I've only had this box since yesterday, but I must admit to being fairly lost at the moment. Any and all assistance gratefully received. Thx.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 00:44 - Aug 9 with 9007 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:11 - Aug 8 by jackrabbit

Fantastic Swans performance today but disappointingly I had to give up on Kodi on my TV and watch it on my iPad using Cricfree under the Penguin browser. Not what I expected.

I have bought an MX OTT TV Android Box which seems to have everything you need except I can't seem to use any of it! Today I chose Kodi - Video Ad-ons - Phoenix - Sports - UK Sports - Sky Sports 1 - Sky Sports 1 Link 1.

Initially SS1 came on for about 10minutes - then it just disappeared and no matter how many times I tried, I just couldn't get it back. Very disappointing.

How can you see which streams are showing which games? What other options are there to Phoenix? I've only had this box since yesterday, but I must admit to being fairly lost at the moment. Any and all assistance gratefully received. Thx.

Here's a regularly updated site which shows which channels are carrying each game.

http://www.offsidesupport.com/upcoming-events.html

Download the Ukturk addon and the vdubt add on for extra free options to Phoenix.

In Phoenix, go to Live games/events rather than UK sports.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:06 - Aug 9 with 8953 viewswaynekerr55

I've seen an app Mobdro on Android mobile. Does this work in a similar way to the android box and just play it to the screen through the chromecast dongle?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2015 9:07]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 09:26 - Aug 9 with 8940 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:11 - Aug 8 by jackrabbit

As it happens, i watched it through Phoenix yesterday, but went through the live events as opposed to uk sports, as Neathie above says. There were 3 different HD streams in there, i watched the NBC one which was perfect. I find the direct links to sky sports are poor for the big games. I'm watching one of them now for the Sunday Supplement and it's perfect though.

No idea if your box is any good, you probaly get what you pay for. What is your internet connection like? I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon going around all the different channels to see what quality was out there and where to find them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024