Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) 09:38 - Jul 12 with 211546 viewsthe_gasman

Had one of these for two weeks and am gobsmacked by its capabilities. i want to be fully prepared for the football season though, and just wondering what i need to watch the swans on. I don't mind paying for this. Any advice from those that are experienced with Kodi would be great.Thanks

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:30 - Aug 20 with 6571 viewsScoobyWho

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:50 - Aug 20 by jackrabbit

After nearly 3 weeks, I'm starting to get this thing sorted. Yesterday managed to establish that my box is rooted by running Root Check, and then successfully installed TCP Buffer Link - hooray!. My keyboard and mouse from my desktop pc work fine with my android box and it does make life so much easier.

I also installed and ran the Ookla Speedtest and found that my download speed through my Sky broadband is a pathetic 14.78mbs/sec. No wonder I get buffering. Next step is to get a faster internet link and then I think I will be a happy bunny. Again, fellas, thanks for all your help. You've been brilliant.

You clearly have retired 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 6519 viewsmonmouth

Just watched the imitation game (good film imo) with pc plugged in by hdmi. Nothing could be simpler Mrs M wants to have Kodi's babies.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:31 - Aug 22 with 6398 viewsjackrabbit

Any decent streams for today's match? The Phoenix one is unwatchable
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:52 - Aug 22 with 6345 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:31 - Aug 22 by jackrabbit

Any decent streams for today's match? The Phoenix one is unwatchable

All this financial outlay and mental effort and yet again I have to abandon the Android box and watch Sunderland v Swansea on my iPad, courtesy of Cricfree and the Puffin browser!

I must have tried for nearly an hour and could not find a stream via Kodi. Very disappointing.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:06 - Aug 22 with 6333 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 17:52 - Aug 22 by jackrabbit

All this financial outlay and mental effort and yet again I have to abandon the Android box and watch Sunderland v Swansea on my iPad, courtesy of Cricfree and the Puffin browser!

I must have tried for nearly an hour and could not find a stream via Kodi. Very disappointing.

Clearly didn't try in the right places. Did you try Sports Devil ??

Watched the game with no issues at all today!

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:24 - Aug 23 with 6247 viewsChief

Everyone I speak to says these android boxes are brilliant, bought one this week from Amazon but I'm not convinced. I have to hunt high and low for half decent streams (most of these kodi programmes I try search on say nothing found or the stream buffers for ever). Also having similar issues with films and boxsets although I have all the main ones people have spoken about on here sports devil, genesis, Phoenix etc. I read neath Jack mention he was enjoying with no searching, but I seem to spend most my time searching. Any tips????

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:40 - Aug 23 with 6227 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:24 - Aug 23 by Chief

Everyone I speak to says these android boxes are brilliant, bought one this week from Amazon but I'm not convinced. I have to hunt high and low for half decent streams (most of these kodi programmes I try search on say nothing found or the stream buffers for ever). Also having similar issues with films and boxsets although I have all the main ones people have spoken about on here sports devil, genesis, Phoenix etc. I read neath Jack mention he was enjoying with no searching, but I seem to spend most my time searching. Any tips????

I use VIP box or one of the others under sports devil. Yea I know these are same sources I'd use on my laptop, but there are no pop ups and I'm watching on a much bigger screen than laptop. I agree it can sometimes be not perfect quality. But it works well enough. Vdub has sources too

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 11:45 - Aug 23 with 6220 viewsmalagajack

there are several video addons that offer sport, sports devil is also known as digitele sport, also some recent addons ive found include gorrilla streams, dutch cloud tv and zeus, all offer the main sport channels. to add these to your kodi is straightforward, this guy explains how to do it

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-gorilla-streams-video-add-on-k

just google the others and follow the instructions
Login to get fewer ads

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:19 - Aug 23 with 6192 viewsChief

Ok thanks for the advice, I do seem to have most of these programmes mentioned already installed so I'll have a fiddle about. Any tips on best box set site? Do you tend to uninstall the programmes / apps that you don't have any joy with?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:34 - Aug 23 with 6175 viewsChief

Also, is there a way, when I've found apps or programmes I like of getting shortcuts of them on home screen so I can remember them and can bypass going into and looking in kodi?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:07 - Aug 23 with 5661 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 12:34 - Aug 23 by Chief

Also, is there a way, when I've found apps or programmes I like of getting shortcuts of them on home screen so I can remember them and can bypass going into and looking in kodi?

To put a shortcut to an add on on your main menu screen:

System>Settings>Appearance>Skin>Settings>Add on shortcuts

Then select the add ons you want for each shortcut position.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:09 - Aug 23 with 5659 viewsNeathJack

The Everton v Man City game is flawless on UKTurk>NSNBC 1080p
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:15 - Aug 23 with 5653 viewsNeath_Jack

A perfect one on Phoenix again for this Man City game. I can never get a tidy one on Uk Turk. Watched our game yesterday on Digitele, not the best picture but didn't buffer once.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:23 - Aug 23 with 5639 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:09 - Aug 23 by NeathJack

Have you tried one of the subscription add ons like Sports Donkey, Sportsmania, Sportsaccess etc?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:27 - Aug 23 with 5634 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:23 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Have you tried one of the subscription add ons like Sports Donkey, Sportsmania, Sportsaccess etc?

I get Sportsaccess free with my Prometheus box and it's usually excellent.

I also subscribe to streamtvbox for £10.99 a month and it's also spot on.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:49 - Aug 23 with 5570 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:09 - Aug 23 by NeathJack

I don't find the NBCSN stream 'flawless'. Yes it is pretty buffering free, but it has the shakes - the picture shakes every couple of seconds. Anybody else notice this?

I'm currently watching SS1 on Modbro - no buffering and a stable picture. At last!

I came on here to ask where the hell do I find Sportsdevil? Then somebody above says it is also known as Digitele - is that right? Thanks in anticipation.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Aug 23 with 5563 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:49 - Aug 23 by jackrabbit

I don't find the NBCSN stream 'flawless'. Yes it is pretty buffering free, but it has the shakes - the picture shakes every couple of seconds. Anybody else notice this?

I'm currently watching SS1 on Modbro - no buffering and a stable picture. At last!

I came on here to ask where the hell do I find Sportsdevil? Then somebody above says it is also known as Digitele - is that right? Thanks in anticipation.

Can't say I have that "shake"problem with it. Which box are you using?

Here's the Sportsdevil info https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:05 - Aug 23 with 5557 viewsjackrabbit

Me too pal, but stick with it. It does work. I've had my 'challenges' with this technology but I don't regret getting it. I'm learning all the time. I'm currently watching Sky Sports 1 via Modbro and it's excellent - no buffering at all. There's a lot of knowledge on this board and I've benefitted from it.

Genesis is good for movies - there is the odd movie on there that is aimed at the over25s!

Hang in there.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:14 - Aug 23 with 5543 viewsjackrabbit

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 19:57 - Aug 23 by NeathJack

Can't say I have that "shake"problem with it. Which box are you using?

Here's the Sportsdevil info https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-sportsdevil-on-xbmc/

I'm using an MX OTT TV Box.

I have Sportsdevil installed already ( when I installed Wookie) - I've seen it - but I can't find it again! That's why I was interested to see it was known as Digitele.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:19 - Aug 23 with 5534 viewsNeathJack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:14 - Aug 23 by jackrabbit

I have Sportsdevil installed already ( when I installed Wookie) - I've seen it - but I can't find it again! That's why I was interested to see it was known as Digitele.

Sportsdevil has a habit of hiding itself in some set ups.

If you go to System>Settings>add ons>enabled add ons>video add ons

You should find it there and it can be launched from there.
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:25 - Aug 23 with 5531 viewsNeath_Jack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 20:14 - Aug 23 by jackrabbit

It's in Robin Hood Project, then Money Sports, i think (Sportsdevil i mean), Digitele is something different again.

What i've learned is just because one addon works for one person, doesn't mean it will work for you, even if you live in the same area.

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:39 - Aug 23 with 5505 viewsPhil_S

The quality of all of these of course will depend on the stability and speed of the wireless/wired connection that is being used at any point in time

If people have internet like I have here then there are intermittent drops (that tend to last a second or two) that clearly won't help

I know it is stating the obvious but I was talking to someone the other day who was praising the quality of the picture he was getting and didn't get that there would be a difference between the 28mb p/s signal that he was getting and the 3.7Mb one that I had at that time.

It's also something that some people who charge £180 to set up these boxes forget to tell people
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:37 - Aug 24 with 5413 viewsthe_gasman

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 21:39 - Aug 23 by Phil_S

The quality of all of these of course will depend on the stability and speed of the wireless/wired connection that is being used at any point in time

If people have internet like I have here then there are intermittent drops (that tend to last a second or two) that clearly won't help

I know it is stating the obvious but I was talking to someone the other day who was praising the quality of the picture he was getting and didn't get that there would be a difference between the 28mb p/s signal that he was getting and the 3.7Mb one that I had at that time.

It's also something that some people who charge £180 to set up these boxes forget to tell people

Someone's actually installing these for a £80 profit???? That's absurd . As we all been finding out the best way is to learn to do them yourself ,as they need as much looking after as an old car :)

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 16:29 - Aug 24 with 5388 viewsjedijack

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:37 - Aug 24 by the_gasman

Someone's actually installing these for a £80 profit???? That's absurd . As we all been finding out the best way is to learn to do them yourself ,as they need as much looking after as an old car :)

I only paid £40 for mine and hardware wise it's right up there with anything available.

Knew I should have chosen scammer when doing career options in school. :)
Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 5329 viewsmonmouth

Kodi android (formerly XMBC) on 15:37 - Aug 24 by the_gasman

Aye even I can do it now thanks to you, the two neath jacks and others. Have a virtual pint.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024